Scorchbeast Queen (ver. 1.04) Tips?

Xelstrin

Before the last couple updates, a group of friends and I were able to take down the Scorchbeast Queen with ease. We'd all head in with legendary heavy weapons, have each tier of Slugger maxed out and then share a tier each for Heavy Gunner, also maxed. We even reached a point where we killed her in less than 10 minutes, which was wonderful as it was encouraging for when the platinum could finally be achieved. Now, however, it's different. 

Using that same setup just a few minutes go, we were only able to get her first bar of health down to half over the entire thirty minutes. 

Does anyone have some helpful tips to take out the 1.04 Scorchbeast Queen? I'd definitely appreciate 'em.

I used a two shot explosive Handmade Rifle with a prime receiver, Adrenal Reaction mutation (buffed by Strange in Numbers perk because my partner is also mutated), maxed Rifleman and Demolition Expert perks.

Damage is a bit glitchy against flying scorchbeasts so shooting the queen when she's in the air won't help much, but she lands a lot more than frequently now so you get a lot of chances for everyone to attack her. When I fought her after the update she healed once, landed 3 or 4 times and we killed her in about 5 minutes. ?

• Like 1

Unfortunately, none of us had any Prime weapon mods or blueprints... But we did manage to beat her and get the trophy!

Prior to launching the nuke, I built a little CAMP that consisted of; a floor, stairs, another set of floors connected to the top of those stairs, a fusion generator and the key ingredient...5 missile launchers. Soon as the event started and the Scorchbeast Queen spawned, I moved my camp to the first place she landed and made sure everyone who joined didn't stray too far to finally get that plat.

Having Slugger, Expert Slugger and Master Slugger shared across my team also helped us deal some pretty good bonus damage.

24 minutes ago, that_sterlin_guy said:

Unfortunately, none of us had any Prime weapon mods or blueprints... But we did manage to beat her and get the trophy!

Prior to launching the nuke, I built a little CAMP that consisted of; a floor, stairs, another set of floors connected to the top of those stairs, a fusion generator and the key ingredient...5 missile launchers. Soon as the event started and the Scorchbeast Queen spawned, I moved my camp to the first place she landed and made sure everyone who joined didn't stray too far to finally get that plat.

Having Slugger, Expert Slugger and Master Slugger shared across my team also helped us deal some pretty good bonus damage.

Sounds like a good strat. Gonna try this next time, we failed pretty badly today. Got her to 50% and then she just healed up so meeting the time limit was impossible. I guess i made a mistake picking melee.