having trouble with the first knight trophy

Exavior88

I have all the dlc and have played through the game several times. I know that Alistair only likes females. I have his approve as high as it can go and i took him to the tent and got nothing. Then i played through the story and spent about 30 hrs in the game to where he invites me to his tent....still didn't get the trophy. I uninstalled everything and re installed it and i was still not able to get the trophy.

Any ideas and suggestions are welcome, please help me this is one of the last trophies i need to get the game to platinum. 

It sounds like you did eveything right. How did you raise his approval: by spamming him with gifts (feastday dlc) or playing through the story? Did you do his personal quest? Did you maybe raised Zevran or Leliana's approval and accidently choose them in a conversation (and thereby locked Alistair out)?

Edited by Dragon-Archon

I used the feastday dlc and only talked to him. I invited him to the tent and it went to the cut scene but no trophy. I then spent about 30 hrs playing through the story and did his personal quest and i gave no gifts to anyone but alistair so i made sure i wouldn't accidentally start a romance with someone else and i got him to invite me to his tent and it showed the cut scene again but still no trophy.

I used the feastday dlc and only talked to him. I invited him to the tent and it went to the cut scene but no trophy. I then spent about 30 hrs playing through the story and did his personal quest and i gave no gifts to anyone but alistair so i made sure i wouldn't accidentally start a romance with someone else and i got him to invite me to his tent and it showed the cut scene again but still no trophy.

Maybe it's because you used the feastday gifts. Only thing I can recommend is to play the game and use the Origins gifts for Alistair only. Leliana has the same issue, if you spam gifts and raise her approval to high you actually  have to lower it to continue the romance. Also talk to Alistair every time your back in the camp and fully explore all conversation options (same applies to Leliana). Bioware really makes you work for these 2 romances, while the other 2 are easy to get.

Edited by Dragon-Archon

Thanks for the help i will try that

Here's my way to obtain the trophy:

- always take him with you in the party

- don't mock him in an conversation

- fully explore all conversation options

- take him to Redcliff the first time you visit to initiate the 'I'm the heir to the throne' conversation

- needless to say save Redcliff village (don't leave until the attack is repelled) and fully prepare by convincing the blacksmith to work, telling Ser Perth about the oil from the store (must examin it to suggest using it), convincing the dwarf locked in his room to fight, convince Loghain's spy in the tavern to fight, convince the tavern owner to fight, convince the chantry mother to give 'holy' symbols to ser perth

- DON'T spam gifts

- give him his mother's locker (found in Redcliff castle's study) to initiate a conversation

- give him Duncan's Shield (found in Grey Warden Treasure Room in Denerim, must be unlocked by Riordan after talking to him in the estate in Denerim).

- Complete his personal quest

- when his approval is high enough and romance is started, he will give a rose as a token of affection

- don't kill connor and/or sacrifice isolde

- use the mages from the circle to perform the ritual to save connor

- don't free Jowan

- don't side with the templars (because you can't use the mages to save connor, thus either connor or isolde will die)

- don't sacrifice the elfs to let the Tevinter slaver escape

- don't defile Ashes of Andraste (don't even consider it during a conversation).

I chose the female human noble origin to rule together with Alistair (and accept Morrigan's dark ritual and executed Loghain).

Edited by Dragon-Archon

• 1 year later...