How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

@Golden Devil Gamer Thanks man it worked first try!

Just some background information:

1. Never played FFXV

2. Ordered FFXV Royal Edition

3. Entered Royal Pack Code and received Comrades DLC (7,5 GB)

4. Installed Charles and followed the steps 

5. Inserted disc and downloaded 1.29

6. Setup internet connection on PS4 to use proxy

7. Reinserted the disc and patch 1.26 started auto downloading

8. Now waiting for patch to finish downloading 

I will make another post once I‘m done. Anyone knows why my 1.26 is 30.075 GB instead of 30.043 GB though?

And what is the size of the removed Comrades DLC? Mine is 7,5 GB.

• Like 1

Im really sorry but i cant use my camera on my phone. Everytime i open it, it just goes blank then closes. Been trying for hours and hours. Tried downloading camera apps still not working. Im very sorry. ?

There's nothing i can really do. All i can really say is that keep trying and make sure everything is perfect, but im pretty sure you want more help than that. Im stuck on this cause i was just like you, asking for help then  have no one to help me. I really wish someone could help me to help you.

Edited by Zletcher

13 hours ago, Yenrou-V2 said:

@Golden Devil Gamer Thanks man it worked first try!

Just some background information:

1. Never played FFXV

2. Ordered FFXV Royal Edition

3. Entered Royal Pack Code and received Comrades DLC (7,5 GB)

4. Installed Charles and followed the steps 

5. Inserted disc and downloaded 1.29

6. Setup internet connection on PS4 to use proxy

7. Reinserted the disc and patch 1.26 started auto downloading

8. Now waiting for patch to finish downloading 

I will make another post once I‘m done. Anyone knows why my 1.26 is 30.075 GB instead of 30.043 GB though?

And what is the size of the removed Comrades DLC? Mine is 7,5 GB.

This is amazing news - I have the Royal Edition, but am yet to start it as I am waiting for a bit of free time. Overjoyed to hear the code in the box will work. I shall probably do this one evening soon for piece of mind and then play at a later date.

Edited by happyman778
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, happyman778 said:

This is amazing news - I have the Royal Edition, but am yet to start it as I am waiting for a bit of free time. Overjoyed to hear the code in the box will work. I shall probably do this one evening soon for piece of mind and then play at a later date.

I'd do it sooner than later. Who knows what SE has up their sleeves/asses. 

Don't suppose there's a chance the OP could be updated to account for update 1.29 with mapping routes?

Asking for me a silly friend that foolishly forgot to delete the update file before shutting down his console the other night.

To clarify, while it's doing what it should be doing, it's showing the download size as 30.071 instead of 30.043. 

Edited by Xannic

25 minutes ago, LIoyd__Knight said:

Off topic-ish:

Any workaround on getting the "Welcome to the Crow's Nest" Trophy aside from the 4 players no food method? I heard it's purely RNG but can be forced to appear on that specific method. Thoughts?

Maybe there is some other trick that hasn't been discovered, but other then that nope.

The reason why the daily mission method back in the day worked so flawlessly is that nobody could have food... If you have 4 human players you would have an insanely high chance of seeing kenny.

Your best bet offline is that all ai (and you) needs to die and lose there food. 

On 4/19/2019 at 11:53 PM, Eresir said:

I'm still getting this error no matter what I do

HTTP Status Code: 503

(CE-40868-6)

Anyone have any ideas?

I had this happen when I forgot to delete the update file the first time when I was thrown off by the increased file size than was reported by the OP. In Charles' Tools menu, there's another "Map Remote..." setting, which should bring up a list of activities you have going. Remove the one related to this topic, and start over.

18 hours ago, Bumperklever said:

Maybe there is some other trick that hasn't been discovered, but other then that nope.

The reason why the daily mission method back in the day worked so flawlessly is that nobody could have food... If you have 4 human players you would have an insanely high chance of seeing kenny.

Your best bet offline is that all ai (and you) needs to die and lose there food. 

Managed to have all the AI get killed and completed the mission. Used the mission with the 3 Coeurl  "The Cursed Coeurl" mission since they have this skill to 1 hit the AIs but still getting Monica as the chef.

Will try to do this a couple of times I think and let's see if it'll actually work.

5 hours ago, Xannic said:

I had this happen when I forgot to delete the update file the first time when I was thrown off by the increased file size than was reported by the OP. In Charles' Tools menu, there's another "Map Remote..." setting, which should bring up a list of activities you have going. Remove the one related to this topic, and start over.

I do this and it still happens. Worth talking to Sony Support? Not sure if I should because the rules on this seem ambiguous.

Hey I'm trying to do your method, and I cant even get the pop up message to accept my PS4 connection on Charles when I set up my internet and select "next" Additionally it says internet connection failed. I know 1000% without a doubt I entered my IPv4 correctly, and the proxy. Is this a problem on my PCs end? if you need any additionally info let me know.
What should I do?

• 2 weeks later...

A month ago I really didn't know about this SquareEnix's decision: making FFXV's 100% impossible after 1.26 patch... So now I have 1.29 and stuck at 83%!

I admit I don't know how to follow this tutorial, it's really not my department (a video tutorial would be great).

But are you saying I can go back to 1.26 and get Comrades DLC's trophies?

I've followed the instructions, but when I go to check updates it starts installing 1.29 again. Where have I gone wrong?

EDIT: Turns out I just can't read! The name doesn't change, just the file size.

Another question though... can I turn my network settings back to normal after doing this or will it install the real 1.29 if I do? I ask as it really slows down my laptop running my PS4 connection through it. And can I install and play Episode Ardyn, or do I need to wait until I have wrapped up with Comrades?

Thank you for this astounding guide and I hope you can answer my question.

Edited by happyman778
I was a fool

58 minutes ago, happyman778 said:

Another question though... can I turn my network settings back to normal after doing this or will it install the real 1.29 if I do? I ask as it really slows down my laptop running my PS4 connection through it.

Thank you for this astounding guide and I hope you can answer my question.

You can turn the settings back to normal if you want, you just have to take into account that every time you start the game it'll automatically start to download the latest patch (1.29). When it does just pause/delete the download. If you want to be sure the PS4 doesn't download/install the patch then you can just play with the internet off (when playing you'll always get network errors since you don't have the latest patch installed).

• Like 1