How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

On 3/5/2019 at 10:03 AM, Eresir said:

Yes! I fixed it!

Ok for anybody else with this issue (CE-40868-6) is a connection speed error.

Once I switched my ps4 from wifi to ethernet cable I could download the update fine.

You're my savior, LAN connection solved the problem! I also got this error and I was almost giving up.

Everything here still works as of 11/08/2019. I'm able to play Multiplayer Expansion: Comrades. (Haven't started it to get any trophies but if I have you can check the time and date of me obtaining them.)

I wasn't able to get it to work with the season pass that I bought online HOWEVER I bought Royal Edition, used the codes and got the comrades expansion.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2019 at 2:33 AM, holywoodj said:

Thought I had this working but the download of Comrades I had going was actually the standalone. It would appear you actually need the Royal Edition Codes...

On 8/4/2019 at 1:45 AM, VR01-Xillia said:

If I have the "Day 1 Edition" version and also own the season pass would I be able to still get the trophies if I downgrade to 1.26? or do I completely need the royal edition code?

Yes, you need the Royal Edition code which is guaranteed to give the DLC, not the Standalone. I got a physical copy but I heard rumors that even the digital copy can get you the DLC. Although I haven't really seen it confirmed yet so unless you got an extra 20 or so dollars to waste (or less if it's on sale) you should aim for a physical copy of the Royal Edition.

Hey all, 

I have read through the entire forum posts and I am still not 100% clear if it's possible to do this on the Royal Edition Digital. I just got FF15 in June on sale, as part of my 100% finish FF games quest, and to find out this comrades thing is very annoying ( I don't like being at 88%).

I have tried to follow the instructions as best as I can with digital, but it doesn't seem to be working the right away. Sometimes I get an error, can't download(when I try the whole cancel download and start again), other times it just downloads 80GB, the full game and all DLC it seems. It never shows patching and I always get 1.29 from what I see. Does anyone have any ideas on how to make this work for digital, or if you have, and recently, give a step by step for it? It would really mean a lot.

Thanks for any help anyone can provide!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

are the dlcs easy offline?

I found the Comrades DLC easy but really tedious. The problem is that the damage you give out is low to the point that what you expect is a 5-minute fight might turn into a 15-minute fight. And since it's just complete mission of defeating a group of monsters after another it becomes tedious really fast.

• Like 1

On 26/8/2019 at 4:57 PM, Pinselneo said:

are the dlcs easy offline?

Well... For the most part, it's easy, it takes time, but kind of easy. Although, Comrades begins to be pretty difficult at some point, especially in the hunt with Yojimbo (by completing it you get one of the last Royal Sigils). Yojimbo's hunt demands a lot dedication on farming and weapon building or you don't stand a chance. For the 13th and last Sigil there's a boss battle, not as hard as Yojimbo, but the battle is looong and tricky.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zenithwillrule said:

Having a bit of trouble getting Charles to work. Whenever I try to connect I don't get a popup and it just says internet connection has failed.

Try to disable Windows Firewall, that worked to me.

Edited by shary96

Hi, can anyone help me. I already followed the step and stuck on step 14, which I can't find my multiplayer comrades as mention (around 7 gb) and keep stucked with standalone versions with 30 gb.

I have japan version right now and seems like doesn't appear in add-ons ( already double checked and there's no comrades). My version rn is 1.26 but i don't know how  install comrades, has anyone have the solution?

Sorry for my bad english 

Anyone with error code like me:

Cannot obtain IP an IP address within the time limit (CE-33984-7)

Laptop already connected to a Wi-Fi, internet is working fine.

PS4 connected to the laptop wired via LAN.

All settings automatic > Do not specify DHCP > Proxy Use (192.168.1.***) with Port 8888

Firewall also turned off.

When pressing next in Charles no popup, and test connection getting the error above.

Anyone help please..

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So this is probably nothing but my file size says 30.071 not 30.043 i doubt it matters, just curious. Also if I turn off automatic app updating on ps4 will that be sufficient protection from it ruining this effort to keep 1.26? So far working in theory as of 12/2/19 will edit post after the patch finishes and i launch comrades.

Edit: Everything is working as intended still. Comrades opens up just fine, trophies able to be earned.

Edited by Asmund89

30 minutes ago, Asmund89 said:

So this is probably nothing but my file size says 30.071 not 30.043 i doubt it matters, just curious. Also if I turn off automatic app updating on ps4 will that be sufficient protection from it ruining this effort to keep 1.26?

That file size seems correct. Mine was that size and it worked fine. If you plan on playing all of the Comrades stuff straight through, Id just go ahead and disconnect completely to be safe. I thought I had downloads turned off and mine still updated so I had to uninstall and redo the process, though you may have different results.

• Like 1

Just now, Together_Comic said:

That file size seems correct. Mine was that size and it worked fine. If you plan on playing all of the Comrades stuff straight through, Id just go ahead and disconnect completely to be safe. I thought I had downloads turned off and mine still updated so I had to uninstall and redo the process, though you may have different results.

oh god thanx for heads up, that is exactly what I was afraid of. I don't want to risk it, queuing all those downloads and a 30gb patch that pauses every 30 minutes all over again is not my style lol. I'll load it up on the guest room ps4 and disconnect just to be safe that way I can keep playing normal online from my rooms ps4.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RogerioGN1987 said:

Hi, can anyone confirm that if i buy the royal edition today from psn will still come with comrades option?

obs: i have the base game (physical)  season pass, etc...

I believe so as the content was never removed as far as I know from the royal edition listing just patched out by the later update.

Physical Copies of Royal Edition do work too and are usually fairly cheap now (available on Amazon too) and they give a dlc code that adds Comrades DLC as well.

1 hour ago, Duriavenator said:

assuming still possible?? wanting to try this but im super nervous because i have a 100% record I'm rather attached to. i live in fear of accidentally starting a game with unobtainable trophies...

Yes, it's still possibile but still is gonna take its long ride. This is not an easy 100% at all.

On 27/12/2019 at 8:43 PM, shary96 said:

Yes, it's still possibile but still is gonna take its long ride. This is not an easy 100% at all.

Succeed or die trying thats how I roll ?

got it working with physical royal edition, eu region. no trophies yet.

somewhat important note:

** You do not need to keep charles open for the duration of the download. Once the correct (smaller) download has started, you can set up your internet connection as normal to complete the download. **

I had downgraded minecraft for a trophy and that worked this way so I thought I should try it, especially as babysitting a program every half hour for the duration of a SIXTEEN HOUR (through the proxy) download is painful. But also entirely unnecessary!!!

• Like 3