How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

On 30/7/2019 at 9:23 PM, AlexSampaioR said:

Hi, could you help me? On the topic of getting the final fantasy trophies after the 1.27 update I have the digital version royal p I do until step 7, after that I have to wait for the digital media to download, isn't that it? Appears two files downloading, one 11.2 gb and one 79.5 gb The first download was 11.2gb ... when I looked at the info, it was version 1.29, why? so I stopped there and didn't do the next procedures anymore. Should I continue or have I done something wrong until this step?

On 31/7/2019 at 2:59 PM, TugaSonic said:

Didn't try with my digital version but from what I know and understand. Step 7 is still at the beginning so it's normal that it'll download the 1.29 patch along with the game. Just continue with the rest of the tutorial. Only at step 12 is it supposed to download the game with patch 1.26.

Yeha pretty much... i did this a month or so ago and it First downloaded the 1.29 one and then later when you delete that and continue it downloads the 1.26 one in stead... but be aware that if Will automatically download the Update for you if you dont cancel it every time you go online afterwards unless you have no space left for it and it Will cancel automatically every time... thats what i did so to be sure i just filled up my ps4 with random games untill i finished the dlc so i’m sure it wont download while i dont notice it :P

but yeah works just fine btw...just 2 more comrade dlc trophies to go xD

On 9/9/2019 at 9:14 PM, Zenithwillrule said:

Oh my god it actually worked!~ For the record I used the digital version of the royal edition to get comrades and the physical version of the game to regress the update but it worked.

So to be clear on this: purchasing the digital version of FFXV Royal Edition will add the original version of "Comrades" to one's digital library, allowing you to download the 7.5GB version of "Comrades" by itself and play it with the physical version of FFXV (thus forgoing the digital version of FFXV)?

Is this correct?

On 10/01/2020 at 1:11 AM, ZarathustraPrime said:

So to be clear on this: purchasing the digital version of FFXV Royal Edition will add the original version of "Comrades" to one's digital library, allowing you to download the 7.5GB version of "Comrades" by itself and play it with the physical version of FFXV (thus forgoing the digital version of FFXV)?

Is this correct?

yes, that is correct. I also bought the digital royal edition just to add comrades to my library. Before that i had only the season pass. :(

Edited by RogerioGN1987

can confirm this works. followed the instructions to the letter. some numbers were off with the mapping, but in the end it worked out. was a little nervous because my version kept installing 1.29, but like the topic creator said, as long as the file size matches, it works. though my file size was 30.071 instead of 30.043. 

also, reverting back to version 1.26 will not mess your character up if you played post 1.29, it just continues where you left off. thanks again to golden for the excellent tutorial!

Hi there, after reading almost all answers on this topic I still have one more question, maybe a silly one. ?

Is there any possibility that futures copies of the game won't include the comrades DLC?? I mean, they released this version (ROYAL) in march of 2018, so if they produce and sell more copies after this patch is it possible that these copies doesn't include the comrades DLC?

If this is the case then we are doomed. I will hurry up buying a copy, I mean a second one as I already own the day one version of the game... Square Enix you are ?

I followed this guide but my only mistake was i canceled my download before step 12. Resulting in the famous error in this thread - CE-40868-6 -. After this i tried to start over from step one but charles could not connect to my ps4 anymore, i tried reinstalling, the game, charles, resetting my ps4's internet settings, changing the port on charles and the ps4, and using the ssl option to no avail. I am deeply distraught because of my hundreds of hours of time put into platinums and will probably quit console gaming if i cannot fix this, the thought of never being able to have 100% of my possible trophies drives me insane.I cannot find a solution to the charles not connecting issue using google, i wonder if the playstation can somehow block proxies or something? idk. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

I have just tested this method on my Digital Royal Edition, following the guide step by step, and it worked perfectly. Thank you so much for sharing your hard work with us :) thumbs up ;)

On a side-note, I strongly suggest disconnecting from internet once you finish downloading the game, since patch 1.29 will start downloading every time you launch the game and it is a really fast download, so it might finish before you cancel it... Especially if you have a high-speed LAN connection (not my case, but it still downloads quite fast, it was about 60% in just a few seconds).

One last thing... would you recommend updating to patch 1.29 once I am finished with Comrades? Pros and cons of it?

8 hours ago, Gray-Fox-44 said:

One last thing... would you recommend updating to patch 1.29 once I am finished with Comrades? Pros and cons of it?

This is just an assumption since I haven't tested it out myself, but I believe you'll need 1.29 in order to access the newest DLC, Episode Ardyn. I'm pretty sure 1.29 solely exists to add an option in the game to access the DLC. 

• Like 1

Yes, you need patch level 1.29 to get access to Episode Ardyn. All other DLCs can be played at patch level 1.26 and even the main game save from 1.29 should load (didn't test it but all 1.29 auto- and manual savegames where shown in the menu). 

Also I found a way to 100% keep the PS4 from updating the game to 1.29, but you still need the system which runs Charles: After 1.26, Comrades and everything else you need is downloaded just block/blacklist the paths for the game in Charles. This way as long as the system running Charles is active and the PS4 is connected through it this happens: You start the game >> it tries to update itself >> download error >> start the game.

23 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

This is just an assumption since I haven't tested it out myself, but I believe you'll need 1.29 in order to access the newest DLC, Episode Ardyn. I'm pretty sure 1.29 solely exists to add an option in the game to access the DLC. 

22 hours ago, Geridian said:

Yes, you need patch level 1.29 to get access to Episode Ardyn. All other DLCs can be played at patch level 1.26 and even the main game save from 1.29 should load (didn't test it but all 1.29 auto- and manual savegames where shown in the menu). 

Also I found a way to 100% keep the PS4 from updating the game to 1.29, but you still need the system which runs Charles: After 1.26, Comrades and everything else you need is downloaded just block/blacklist the paths for the game in Charles. This way as long as the system running Charles is active and the PS4 is connected through it this happens: You start the game >> it tries to update itself >> download error >> start the game.

Thanks for the intel on this :) 

On 1/25/2020 at 7:23 AM, Dylan-Yagami said:

I followed this guide but my only mistake was i canceled my download before step 12. Resulting in the famous error in this thread - CE-40868-6 -. After this i tried to start over from step one but charles could not connect to my ps4 anymore, i tried reinstalling, the game, charles, resetting my ps4's internet settings, changing the port on charles and the ps4, and using the ssl option to no avail. I am deeply distraught because of my hundreds of hours of time put into platinums and will probably quit console gaming if i cannot fix this, the thought of never being able to have 100% of my possible trophies drives me insane.I cannot find a solution to the charles not connecting issue using google, i wonder if the playstation can somehow block proxies or something? idk. Any help would greatly be appreciated.

For me the issues were that i did not know the redirect link saves and you can delete them if you mis-clicked when you copy and pasted. And even without firewalls or anti-virus/malware programs up i HAD to use the dynamic port option, i could get the proxy through my computer to download updates for other games through my computer, but for the 1.26 update i had to use dynamic port. Be warned it will take a VERY long time for it to download, go do errands or take a nap lol

Edited by Dylan-Yagami

On 13/12/2018 at 10:33 PM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

• These trophies are not eligible for flagging and this is a totally viable method. The thread below states "Deleting update data to use a in-game glitch or play a game on a previous version of the game is also allowed and not a flaggable offense. This includes having to update a game through use of a proxy."

17 hours ago, Patrickosan said:

I'm just wondering, are there any plans on realeasing some normal version without comrades update? 

Because what they did with that trophy list is simply ridicoulous, I've never met a game that have so effed up trophs.

Probably not gonna happen unless they make a PS5 port in the future, but I wouldn't count on it. Downgrading the game is super easy if it bothers you that much, and the comrades dlc does not take long at all to get through if you know what you're doing 

19 hours ago, Dylan-Yagami said:

For me the issues were that i did not know the redirect link saves and you can delete them if you mis-clicked when you copy and pasted.

It is super easy to delete the "Map Remote"-settings in case you configured something wrong (Found this out while just browsing through the settings.):

Launch "Charles" >> Click on "Tools" >> Click on "Map Remote..." or Launch "Charles" and press CTRL key ALT key M key together

==> In this menu you can either do a double click on an entry and change it, delete (Remove) all "Map Remote"-settings or just deactivate "Map Remote".

And even without firewalls or anti-virus/malware programs up i HAD to use the dynamic port option, i could get the proxy through my computer to download updates for other games through my computer, but for the 1.26 update i had to use dynamic port. 

Where did you configure the "dynamic port option"? Your PC, your modem/router or Charles? Would like to know what you mean.
Maybe this comment is a clear miss, but I configured my router so that every systems gets his own unique IP and that this IP does never change on my network = Static unique IP for each system. Works like a charm :).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Also I wan't to provide a more clear advice regarding to something I wrote some days ago about "Blocking ports to stop your PS4 from updating FF XV":

This is how I configured Charles to geht this done (Example is for FF XV EU, so you may have to change the setting in step 6.):
1. Launch "Charles" >> Click on "Tools" >> Click on "Black List..." or Launch "Charles" and press CTRL key ALT key key together.

2. Add

3. Protocol: http

4. Host: gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net

5. Port: 80

6. Path: /gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA01615_00/32/f_9b0b71fd87a8c87b14e79c01e2a9677df86e0ac7959e5d30d9daec8f2f7cc1ff/f/EP0082-CUSA01615_00-FINALFANTASYXV00-A0126-V0100.json

OR Launch "Charles" >> navigate in the tree to the update's json file >> right click it >> "Black List". 

Edited by Geridian
More information.
  • Like 1

Hi folks. Thanks for the guide, finally managed to get all the trophies (that nest manager one almost drove me crazy). For anyone having trouble with Charles, I'd like to give some tips. I managed to do this trick two times, the first was exactly like the guide, but I wanted to downgrade to the version 1.0 and the Charles suddenly stopped working. In case Charles shows the requests with a padlock and says something about SSL, go to Help>SSL Proxying>Install Charles Root Certificate. When installing the certificate, put it into the Trusted Root  Certification Authorities folder. After that, go to Proxy>SSL Proxying Settings and include a new location, you can simply click ok without putting anything so it will enable ssl proxying to all requests. You may want to disable windows firewall, and run charles as administrator. With all these steps, it should work as intended.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nodnarb95SE said:

I bought a physical version of the royal edition. It's still unopened. Can I do this process with he physical royal edition or does it have to be the digital royal edition only? Plan on starting the process tonight. 

Yes.  In the physical edition, there will be a code for you to enter on the PS store, that code will still download the comrades dlc, even though it has been delisted from the store.