How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

Okey, everything is working and the thing with downloading older patches is just amazing. It won't work with always online titles (obviously), but with single player games it could be a life saver sometimes (like here). I'm surprised that Sony is keeping all older patches on their servers. I always thought that newer replaces older ones. 

But I've got one question. Is it possible to download patch manually to our PC, from this PKG PS4 site and then force Charles to just copy it to our console? You know, console would download it straight from our PC hard drives.

Hi, i'm having some problems with step 6. "You will be told to put an "Address" and a "Port Number" in. For "Address", put in your IP address you got from Command Prompt. For "Port Number", put in "8888". After choosing Next, you should have a message pop up on Charles. Accept the request so your PS4 can connect to your PC."

I'm not getting the message that should pop up on Charles and both my pc and ps4 are connected to my router by LAN cables, what should i do ?

EDIT : Found out from previous posts that my firewall was blocking me, my ps4 can access Charles now, thx

Edited by Blaker62
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank you, Golden Devil Gamer, worked like a charm.  ?

File size for the EU version is exactly 30.071 GB.

Can you just tell me or someone who has already downgraded if it is possible to play all DLC's except Episode Ardyn with version 1.26. This should also include the Royal Pack right?

Thanks a lot.

Edited by FantasticZro

On 16/03/2020 at 0:54 AM, jugadordor351 said:

can you help me?

can someone upload a video?

I have the standard digital version

buy dlc royal pack

DLC Royal Pack won't work since it doesn't have the Season Pass included. And the Season Pass on the store also doesn't have the Comrades DLC so buying it also doesn't help you.
Your only option is to either buy the Royal Edition Physical (has to be new since the Season Pass with the Comrades DLC comes on a code) or the Royal Edition Digital (don't know if you can buy it since you already own the standard)

59 minutes ago, FantasticZro said:

Thank you, Golden Devil Gamer, worked like a charm.  1f600.png

File size for the EU version is exactly 30.071 GB.

Can you just tell me or someone who has already downgraded if it is possible to play all DLC's except Episode Ardyn with version 1.26. This should also include the Royal Pack right?

Thanks a lot.

The answer is yes but I would suggest you just finish the Comrades DLC then update the game to play the other DLC since the game will always try to update whenever you open it and it can get annoying (unless you're playing without the PS4 being connected to the internet).

• Like 1

True, the game would constantly try to update itself. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the hint.

Btw

I don't know if it was already mentioned (skipped a few pages).

If the Charles window for the 30 minute timer is displayed, dont close it.

My Playstation is loading the update since 2 hours without interruption ;-)

RXAR63S.png

Edited by FantasticZro

I think you only need to run through the Charles proxy to get the 1.26 JSON file proxied as if it were the 1.29 file.  I think the PS4 parses that JSON and uses the download links contained in it meaning you don't really need the proxy server running any longer.  Since that JSON file transmits very quickly you should never run into the Charles time limits...

I'm testing this out as I type it's got 48 minutes left before I can start the application but I'll let you know if anything goes south.

On 3/19/2020 at 5:24 AM, TugaSonic said:

DLC Royal Pack won't work since it doesn't have the Season Pass included. And the Season Pass on the store also doesn't have the Comrades DLC so buying it also doesn't help you.
Your only option is to either buy the Royal Edition Physical (has to be new since the Season Pass with the Comrades DLC comes on a code) or the Royal Edition Digital (don't know if you can buy it since you already own the standard)

The answer is yes but I would suggest you just finish the Comrades DLC then update the game to play the other DLC since the game will always try to update whenever you open it and it can get annoying (unless you're playing without the PS4 being connected to the internet).

You can totally buy the Royal Edition Digital if you own the full edition digital already.  Unfortunately it's like $35 where the physical disc can be had for $20.  Thank god I managed to download Comrades from my season pass before they pulled this stupid chicanery off.  Hell I didn't even know this crap all went down until today when I was looking into the roadmap for 100%

Also many kudos to @Golden Devil Gamer for the setup guide this is a nice to know for future reference on single player games.

Edited by honeybone

After doing some further digging I've decided to go with the 1.18 install of FF15 which contains Comrades 1.0 in order to take advantage of the Boost Transfer & Item Drop bugs to shorten the time required to complete the trophy list.  I was able to get 1.26 installed without Charles running other than during the "calculating..." portion of the download and am now attempting the same with 1.18

As soon as I am fully downloaded I'll upload a Comrades 1.0 screenshot.

If anyone else can find value in this all credit goes to this guide: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ps4/211428-final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-expansion-comrades/faqs/77190/setup

• Like 2

Trying this for the first time today. I would love it if someone that is willing to talk about this process over Discord or some sort of instant messaging style service, I would much appreciate it, as I am completely new to forums and never really got to use them much growing up. No idea how I keep an eye on notifications here.

I have Physical Ed, just uninstalled and trying to get 1.26 installed via Charles, EU.

I am happy to report that 1.18 installed successfully and I'm now running around in Comrades 1.0 from the main title.

@Golden Devil Gamer you may want to update the OP to reflect that you really only need to have Charles running for the initial download once it gets past the "calculating..." step and it actually shows the GB to be downloaded and the progress bar starts filling you can have your PS4 safely bypass the proxy entirely which then negates the whole nagware 30 minute nonsense because your PS4 has already accepted the list of files that the proxy server gave it in lieu of the actual file it was looking for.

@Pogonari I don't know what discord is but I have a couple of errands I need to run and will be back later tonight if you still need help.  I did the digital release but the physical copy can't be that much different the big thing is you want to get your PS4 talking through your PC as a proxy server and then make sure you tell your PC to authorize your PS4 to connect. If you have a firewall you may need to open up TCP inbound on the port 8888 if they are not talking to each other. From there everything should be acting as normal on the PS4 front and you should see all of it's network requests coming through the proxy.  Then you just need to tell your PS4 to run the game and it will want to start the upgrade process that's when you have to find the request detailed in GDG's OP and map it to the older version you're looking to install.  Kill the upgrade and start it over again once the map is in place.

• Like 2

Just got a request from a friend, who isn't registered here .. so I post it for him here, maybe anyone can help him :)

Hey guys, around 7 weeks ago I tried the guide with the EU version and it worked as expected. Now I want to do the same with the JP version, but for some reason during step 6 it doesn't open a popup in Charles. Internet connection is available though. I tried disabling the firewall too. Any help?

If internet is available on the PS4 and you haven't gotten the popup in Charles then odds seem extremely high that the proxy info is missing on the PS4.

Typically you'd see the internet on the PS4 go dark until you authorize it's access via Charles.

@jayboo1991 unfortunately I do not without additional context

Beat Ifrit in Comrades today which concludes the 100% on both Comrades sections on FFXV.  For anyone starting this journey all I can say is god speed on the Come Back Kenny! trophy.  I had basically given up hope I was ever going to see him as I had tried every tip in the books.  It wasn't until I was at the very end of the 1.2 section on the Out of the Darkness mission that he finally showed up.  I already had crafted all the level 120 weapons gotten the Chocobo to level 99 etc and was just rounding up sigils.

Thank you to @Golden Devil Gamer for the proxy information and this thread.  Also cannot say thank you enough to Die for the walkthrough on Gamefaqs.com that definitely shortened my time investment which was awesome.

Hi

I'm not really good in english so sorry : ) I'm here just to say Thank you Golden Devil Gamer  & honeybone

Golden for your tutorial thats help me a lot seriously thank : )

Honeybone for your tips about this " you may want to update the OP to reflect that you really only need to have Charles running for the initial download once it gets past the "calculating..." step and it actually shows the GB to be downloaded and the progress bar starts filling you can have your PS4 safely bypass the proxy entirely which then negates the whole nagware 30 minute nonsense because your PS4 has already accepted the list of files that the proxy server gave it in lieu of the actual file it was looking for "

Your tips work like a charm & save me so many hours thank you.

In case I've finish 100% running with 1.26 tbh you don't need old update to finish 100% comrade are easy, only kenny take sometime luck depend ^^. I got kenny trophies on the first mission blue Hunt - Level 1: Garulessa Gone Wild this guy are just Rng so keep playing any mission until trophie pop. People who use old update for laser sensor I never use this mat  Rusted Bits is all you need to complete comrade quickly (my opinion)

Once again sorry my english are bad I know ^^ but I want to say thank and share some information like 1.26 comrade took me 16hours for 100% so other player can make less time than me. Isn't hard only kenny can be longer that all.

• Like 1

UPDATE #2 Nevermind. I got this working, you people are gods. Holy shit I thought my 100% Trophy Card went out the window, god bless! Thanks so much already got 3 trophies =D

UPDATE - Managed to do get 1.18 version (for easier farming)

However, when I am at main menu it won't let me do new game, load game or anything or even use chapter select. I also do not see comrades anywhere after installing? All it says is install time remaining 10 min... its not downloading 1.29 is it? I made sure that's on pause after booting it up again.

ORIGINAL POST

First of all - amazing stuff. I am trying to do this one and i am stuck past step 7 or so

I did the Charles connection was fine

I got my PS4 connected to Charles

I bought the Digital Royal Edition of PS4 Store (I hope this doesn't matter?)

When I download the game its 79 GB instead of 30 GB? I am so confusued at this part and when I deleted it and tried to redownload it would say Cannot Start Download. I looked through the thread but I couldn't find a fix for this anywhere. I tired deleting and remapping everything multiple times. What am I doing wrong? please help! Thanks =D

It's installing 11.253 GB 1st and THEN 79 GB on top of it. Isn't this the 1.29 version that I do NOT want?

Edited by Gyrathus

I did all of the trophies and everything I had to do in 1.18 for the easy grind. So I updated to 1.26 via Charles but now it says I need to be online to use network features and when I press the X button the game won't go into main menu?? What do i do?

On 2/11/2020 at 6:14 AM, Patrickosan said:

But I've got one question. Is it possible to download patch manually to our PC, from this PKG PS4 site and then force Charles to just copy it to our console? You know, console would download it straight from our PC hard drives.

I'd like to know this too.

It seems like this should be possible and would be less fiddly if it actually works.

On 3/30/2020 at 11:07 AM, ROFL-WAFFLES said:

If you start on 1.26 will your comrades save still work on 1.18?

wanting to use some of the item dupes

No once your save file gets updated to a later version it cannot go back.  That's why if you can start with 1.18 and play Comrades 1.0 you can leverage some bugs and make your life much easier in the long run.

On 4/4/2020 at 9:39 PM, Gyrathus said:

I did all of the trophies and everything I had to do in 1.18 for the easy grind. So I updated to 1.26 via Charles but now it says I need to be online to use network features and when I press the X button the game won't go into main menu?? What do i do?

You can keep playing offline there are no trophies that require online in the expansion game.  If you download the standalone game once you're done with the expansion portion there is one trophy that requires you to play online and fulfill the hidden objective (usually keeping the other player alive at the end).

Also finally got the main game to 100% the only thing left for me to do is fight Ardyn & Ravus as well as Kenny Crow in the standalone.

Good luck to all on the path!

Managed to downloaded 1.26. Then got an error; cannot update. Only 1.00 is installed.  Guess it's corrupted from all the Charles restarts?? Deleted the update and downloading again without keeping Charles running...

The update works with Day one edition 1.00 right? I have digital royal edition but  the instructions for updating the online edition aren't clear.

Edit: downloaded it again, closing Charles after it started and changing my internet settings back to normal. Updated fine, and it all works now!

Edited by SwicySauce
  • Like 1

Hi guys I'm looking to start a new game of FFXV from scratch and I'm wondering if its possible to revert back to a earlier version so I can do the Festivals and get all the unique items from them as they are the only permanently missable items in the game now.

So I'm wondering if anyone has the .json paths for Ver 1.14 or 1.15 as these versions have both Festivals available at the same time. I've looked but I can't seem to find them anywhere.