How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

el caso es mi carpeta siendo de UE no es 33 si no 35, y me da error al descargar. alguien sabe cual puede ser el problema?

solucionado, el problema es la direccion que poneis para UE no es valida, buscando encontre esta y me va.

http://gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net/gs2/ppkgo/prod/CUSA01615_00/32/f_9b0b71fd87a8c87b14e79c01e2a9677df86e0ac7959e5d30d9daec8f2f7cc1ff/f/EP0082-CUSA01615_00-FINALFANTASYXV00-A0126-V0100.json

Edited by DiegoRoma
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, LavitzTM said:

Once I hit all comrades trophies, can I safely update to the most recent version or am I still missing out on something?

Yes, you can safely update the base game to the most recent version. 

Though the pictures from Vyv will not be carried over on the Standalone game.

If you want to save those pictures, you may need to Share it, proceed to choosing the frame, and then cancel it. With this, you'll be able to save the pictures on your Gallery.

• Like 1

Just a few questions.

1. I've already started the main story. Want to finish that one first but leave a trophy at last for the Platinum. However, how I'lll be able to secure my saved data? Can I use  them safely after I beat the Comrades? Or if I somehow I use them in the downgraded version, will they be corrupt?
  2. How I'm supposed to download the Comrades add-on if the PS4 is already matched with Charles, how I'm going to do it? Or Charles only guides the PS4 through the path of the proxy but doesn't affect the WiFi connection per se?

Really want to do this for my 100%. I love the game and want to enjoy it fully before I do the step for the downgrade. Thanks everyone in advance.

Edited by Xenoblast91
Typos

@Xenoblast91

Please see responses below:

On 5/6/2020 at 2:15 AM, Xenoblast91 said:

I've already started the main story. Want to finish that one first but leave a trophy at last for the Platinum. However, how I'lll be able to secure my saved data?

You can secure your save file by:

1. Subscribing to PS+ and upload your save file. (would recommend this one)
  2. Manually copy your saved data to a flash/thumb drive.

Take note of the current game version you are playing right now as your current save file won't work on the previous lower versions of the game.

Can I use  them safely after I beat the Comrades?

Yes, Comrades' save file is different from the the Base game's save data even though they share the same disc. This can be observed by uploading your saved data to the Cloud. (PS+)

Or if I somehow I use them in the downgraded version, will they be corrupt?

I haven't tried to use the saved data from the current version on a lower version but I'd suggest to just not try this as It may complicate things.

How I'm supposed to download the Comrades add-on if the PS4 is already matched with Charles, how I'm going to do it? Or Charles only guides the PS4 through the path of the proxy but doesn't affect the WiFi connection per se?

I'm not sure if I'm getting this correct but the Comrades game on the FFXV base game is tied on the game update. As described on the procedure, deleting the whole game and reinstalling it using the Charles method would make you just download the version 1.26 of the base game which the Comrades game/add-on is included and still accessible. Yes, Charles only guides your download since it was explicitly selected on the Charles and It will not affect the Wifi connection. Your PC just acts as a middle device that shows the game upgrade/download on verbose mode.

Hope it helps!

Edited by LIoyd__Knight
  • Like 2

Hey guys. I have the original Comrades on my PS4 PSN profile for the game and I'm interested in doing this process to collect the original trophies. Just wondering if uninstalling FFXV risks losing any other type of data or DLC in the process (other special codes, DLC, etc.). Do I need to back up my save files or anything else? I won't lose the other content obtained from the ChocoMog Festival or Assassins Creed or anything? 

Also wondering... I have a second PS4 and wondering if I can do this procedure on it (so as to not disturb my main ps4 pro data). However, I imagine that if the Comrades data was never installed on it then it won't work, right? It can't be redownloaded if on my PSN account? 

Update: So I see that on my other PS4 I had access to the DLC content I already have including Comrades Multiplayer expansion and was able to download it (through FFXV which isn't even installed).  So, I think I should be able to complete this on there without disturbing my main PS4 Pro and it's FFXV content...

So my hard drive on my PS4 Pro corrupted and I had to format it and do the whole annoying she-bang. Since I lost all my software, my version 1.26 FFXV was no longer there. But I can attest that I followed the directions listed and was able to download version 1.26 no problem (even though it downloaded it as the most recent version 1.29 as indicated in the instructions). I have the Final Fantasy XV: Deluxe Edition physical (version 1.00) and Final Fantasy XV: Royal Edition digital, so it was a mix of using those. But yeah, still works so that's good to know.

I signed up for these forums so I can say thanks to OP and all the other contributors to this thread for making all of this information available. Unlocking the unobtainable Comrades trophies has been my white whale since I bought my PS4 (right before the switchover to Comrades being a standalone game but before I had a chance to unlock any of the trophies). I know it's been years since the game has been released, but there are still lots of people out there (like me!) who are still seeking out this information! Thanks a bunch.

43 minutes ago, Boukhezam said:

I have the 1.26 patch installed, but i didn´t download the first comrades DLC. I bought de royal pack and there is no Comrades DLC to download (only the standalone version separately. Can i get the old comrades DLC some way?

The Comrades DLC is only available in the Season Pass that comes with the Royal Edition game. Either buy the Royal Edition Physically (has to be a new copy since it comes in a code) or buy the Digital version to get it.

18 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

The Comrades DLC is only available in the Season Pass that comes with the Royal Edition game. Either buy the Royal Edition Physically (has to be a new copy since it comes in a code) or buy the Digital version to get it.

i was afraid of that (lost money acquiring the royal pack and doesn´t work).... Ohhh lord...

Another question. I have the base game phisically (update 1.26), if i buy the digital royal edition my game will be uploaded? Or it will add-on the dlc packs only?

Just now, Boukhezam said:

i was afraid of that (lost money acquiring the royal pack and doesn´t work).... Ohhh lord...

Another question. I have the base game phisically (update 1.26), if i buy the digital royal edition my game will be uploaded? Or it will add-on the dlc packs only?

Once you buy it you should be able to download only the DLC. Just go to the game on the PS4 dashboard, press down, and go to the Playstation™Store option and you should be able to download any of the DLC you want to install from there. Just be careful when you download the DLC without the Proxy since the PS4 might try to update the game (you can just pause and cancel the update before it installs if it does).

6 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

Once you buy it you should be able to download only the DLC. Just go to the game on the PS4 dashboard, press down, and go to the Playstation2122.pngStore option and you should be able to download any of the DLC you want to install from there. Just be careful when you download the DLC without the Proxy since the PS4 might try to update the game (you can just pause and cancel the update before it installs if it does).

i tried exactly this with the royal pack, but the comrades is not in the store.... Maybe with the royal edition works (but the royal pack should work too)

1 minute ago, Boukhezam said:

i tried exactly this with the royal pack, but the comrades is not in the store.... Maybe with the royal edition works (but the royal pack should work too)

That was because the Comrades DLC isn't in the Royal Pack, it never was. It was available in the Season Pass (it's different from the Royal Pack) but was removed from the one available in the store when they decided to make it a standalone game. Right now the only option is to buy the Royal Edition (Physical or Digital) since that still has the old season pass (the one that had the DLC) included.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TugaSonic said:

That was because the Comrades DLC isn't in the Royal Pack, it never was. It was available in the Season Pass (it's different from the Royal Pack) but was removed from the one available in the store when they decided to make it a standalone game. Right now the only option is to buy the Royal Edition (Physical or Digital) since that still has the old season pass (the one that had the DLC) included.

You are completely right, i just read in the square site.... OMG, how to burn USD 20,00 in a couple hours... Thks a lote @TugaSonic

Has anyone tried going through the entire game on the downgraded version instead of upgrading after Comrades? I am starting fresh, so I wondered if there was any issue doing that in regard to trophies being unobtainable with that version or if there was some reason why you needed to upgrade after the Charles method. Thanks in advance for the help!

1 hour ago, VoidVictorious said:

Has anyone tried going through the entire game on the downgraded version instead of upgrading after Comrades? I am starting fresh, so I wondered if there was any issue doing that in regard to trophies being unobtainable with that version or if there was some reason why you needed to upgrade after the Charles method. Thanks in advance for the help!

I don't think there would be any problems but what would be the point in playing the game without updates after you finished comrades? There is a ton of bugfixes and additional content.

Just now, Silver-I-Chariot said:

I don't think there would be any problems but what would be the point in playing the game without updates after you finished comrades? There is a ton of bugfixes and additional content.

Wouldn’t you be severely underpowered in Comrades by doing Comrades before the rest of the game?

1 minute ago, VoidVictorious said:

Wouldn’t you be severely underpowered in Comrades by doing Comrades before the rest of the game?

Comrades is completely independent from the main game and you play a different custom character which starts from level 1. Nothing carries over between them. Just do comrades first then fully update your game.

3 minutes ago, Silver-I-Chariot said:

Comrades is completely independent from the main game and you play a different custom character which starts from level 1. Nothing carries over between them. Just do comrades first then fully update your game.

Sounds good, did you use the royal edition disc for your downgrade?

3 minutes ago, VoidVictorious said:

Sounds good, did you use the royal edition disc for your downgrade?

Yeah, did it with a new sealed royal edition disc and didn't encounter any problems. Just make sure to completely shut off your internet connection after your downgrade.

Comrades is an awful dlc and I wouldn't do it unless you are a diehard completionist. It took me 40 hours to complete this mess playing with bots and another 10 hours on top just farming for the Kenny Crow trophy because of bad rng.