How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

I've been trying to update the game from 1.18 to 1.26 as the amazing GameFAQs walkthrough says. However, I'm stucked with ver. 1.18 as always been that the one that actually downloads. Used the URLs for the 1.26 but the file size is still the same so no change.

Any possible solution to fix this? May be removing the URLs from previous downgrade but not sure if would work. Thank you in advance.

Edit: My bad. I had to remove and re-map the URLs in order to work. Everything has worked perfectly so far. Thanks a lot to the OP for this method! 

Edited by Xenoblast91

• 3 weeks later...

Hello.

I can confirm this method is still working. Also I would like to make a note. You do not need to have Charles constantly running to keep the 1.26 patch up, having it up long enough to have it downloading is good enough. I was able to reset my PSN wifi back to normal and it downloaded and installed the patch fine. Also a reminder to keep an eye on it since it might go ahead and try to download and install patch 1.30 immediately after that. So I suggest turning off the Network until you finish the Comrades DLC, or at the very least turn off the auto update in both Network and Power Save settings.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, VoidVictorious said:

You need the physical copy if I recall correctly.

No. I used the Digital version and was able to patch it to 1.26 just fine. The guide says how to stop the 1.30 update that is packaged with the base game download and change it to 1.26 version. The only difference between Digital and Disc methods would be that Digital method has you downloading the base game too.

• Like 1

Signed up hoping you guys might be able to help.

I'm using the digital Royal Edition. I completely scrubbed my FFXV files and started from scratch like the instructions said.

So I've followed the steps using Charles, set up the proxy etc. etc and it's all hunky dory, it's when I set the game to download that the issues start. I've tried a few times and I have different issues crop up.

1 - The game starts downloading and it's 11gb + 79gb, which is base game + 1.30 patch. All good. So I use Charles, and get the ppkgo file. But then:

a.) I never get the json file. The entire game can download, ready to play and I never get json.

b.) I get json, remap as instructed, but then when I delete the game and go to redownload, I get error code ce-32895-7 and nothing will download.

2 - the game starts downloading, but rather than the 79gb I get above, I get 5gb +43gb which, when fully downloaded, leaves me with version 1.00. When this happens I never get ppkgo or json. So fine, alright, I'll update the game and trigger the 1.30 update manually. I again get error code ce-32895 and nothing will download.

So I thought fine, I'll use the physical day one base game to remap and then just download comrades from the digital. Yeah no. It does exactly the same:

1. - I can get it updating the base game and then the 1.30 35gb update and then:

a.) I never get the json file.

b.) or I get json, remap as instruced, but when I cancel the download, and then start it up again I get error ce-32895-7

2 - or it only downloads the 5gb or so you need to get the game 'operational' (you only have the tutorial available if you start the game), and when I try to update I get error ce-32895-7.

So I'm clearly screwing something up here but I'm not entirely sure as to what. I'm tried deleting all remaps from Charles, starting a new session, doing everything from scratch and, no ball. So, some help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I am sorry, this may have already been addressed, but I got to ask.

Is using the method mentioned to downgrade via a proxy server against Sony's TOU? 

Want those trophies as well, but don't want to be banned because of the method.

This part in the TOU worries me:

• You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with PSN Services, or take or use any data from PSN Services to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware.
  • You may not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title, or content.
  • You may not cause disruption to or modify or damage any Account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to or provided by PSN Services for any reason, including for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in a game.
  • You may not attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment used in connection with PSN Services.

23 minutes ago, DeathSquidGames said:

Is using the method mentioned to downgrade via a proxy server against Sony's TOU? 

• You may not use, make, or distribute unauthorized software or hardware, including Non-Licensed Peripherals and cheat code software or devices that circumvent any security features or limitations included on any software or devices, in conjunction with PSN Services, or take or use any data from PSN Services to design, develop or update unauthorized software or hardware.
  • You may not modify or attempt to modify the online client, disc, save file, server, client-server communication, or other parts of any game title, or content.
  • You may not cause disruption to or modify or damage any Account, system, hardware, software, or network connected to or provided by PSN Services for any reason, including for the purpose of gaining an unfair advantage in a game.
  • You may not attempt to hack or reverse engineer any code or equipment used in connection with PSN Services.

Random guy on the internet says you'll be fine. People do way more egregious stuff with zero consequence. You're not costing Sony money and you're not interfering with other players. The ToU are so broad Sony could ban you for pretty much anything, but IMO the risk here is super, super low.

44 minutes ago, RNumbers said:

Random guy on the internet says you'll be fine. People do way more egregious stuff with zero consequence. You're not costing Sony money and you're not interfering with other players. The ToU are so broad Sony could ban you for pretty much anything, but IMO the risk here is super, super low.

Lol, fair enough. I would personally verify with Sony Support, but I am sure they would say something along the lines of "Any tampering with how software or updates are intended to be implemented can result in sanctions."

Guess it comes down to how bad I want the trophies lol

I can confirm this method still works as for today.

I played and platted FFXV back when it came out, but i sold it right after i got the platinum, so i never got to touch any DLC. I just got a physical copy of the Royal Edition and im ready to knock out of the way those troublesome trophies from the "extinct" comrades mode

Thank you so much for even making it possible for me. Now, any tips to get through the game faster and easier would be Greatly appreciated

Edited by wesker-kun

22 hours ago, wesker-kun said:

I can confirm this method still works as for today.

I played and platted FFXV back when it came out, but i sold it right after i got the platinum, so i never got to touch any DLC. I just got a physical copy of the Royal Edition and im ready to knock out of the way those troublesome trophies from the "extinct" comrades mode

Thank you so much for even making it possible for me. Now, any tips to get through the game faster and easier would be Greatly appreciated

I found it easiet to follow this GameFAQS walkthrough. Also recommend downgrading to the older version for comrades as well, as there is an exploit to farm a lot of good materials. Shouldn't take too long at all. 

• Like 1

On 8/11/2020 at 0:40 PM, Yunakia221 said:

I found it easiet to follow this GameFAQS walkthrough. Also recommend downgrading to the older version for comrades as well, as there is an exploit to farm a lot of good materials. Shouldn't take too long at all. 

Read this too late. It cost me alot of grinding, farming and dealing with the RNG (Kenny trophy) But i did it!

I got all the trophies from the "extinct" comrades expansion by playing offline, on August 2020! Thank you so much for sharing the downgrade method!

Now downloading the standalone version, i hope most of the trophies auto-pop. And i guess i'll have to search for Kenny again

Edited by wesker-kun

On 8/17/2020 at 2:13 AM, wesker-kun said:

Read this too late. It cost me alot of grinding, farming and dealing with the RNG (Kenny trophy) But i did it!

I got all the trophies from the "extinct" comrades expansion by playing offline, on August 2020! Thank you so much for sharing the downgrade method!

Now downloading the standalone version, i hope most of the trophies auto-pop. And i guess i'll have to search for Kenny again

Most trophies auto pop. Only trophies that don't auto pop is the ones that Comrades standalone adds and Kenny the RNG.

This is a good guide I used. It shows which trophies auto pop and how to trigger them. 

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/final-fantasy-xv-multiplayer-comrades/334991-final-fantasy-xv-comrades-standalone-trophy-guide-road-map.html

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/7/2020 at 2:10 PM, DeathSquidGames said:

These are good questions. Does anyone have any insight. I personally don’t want to take a risk if there is one. Could anyone offer some constructive insight?

I'm going to guess that it's fine.

By and large, as long as you aren't trying to hack something or dicking around with online-only/multiplayer games, it's doubtful they're going to care. Sony has a grand tradition of not caring about anything that doesn't effect the bottomline.

• Like 2

Hello guys, can someone help me...?

I followed the guide managing to install version 1.18 using a physical version of the game without any problem, which is awesome. 

But when I proceeded  to download the comrades add-on from my library, I noticed it wasn't a 7.5 Gb file as stated in the guide but more than 13 Gb. After installing it, it's marked as version 1.02, and if I try to start it from the game main menu it says ''content is being installed, please come back later''. Moreover, it appears with a quick launch icon on my xmb menu, as the standalone version (though I never downloaded it from the ps store). 

EDIT: Installing everything again with a Royal Edition solved all problems. I got all trophies at last, thank you so much for this guide and all the tips! 

Edited by Astariel87

Still works! Installed and playing 1.26 which includes comrades and the second dlc trophy pack for comrades.

The process is easier than it reads. Did it over wifi with a laptop. Make sure your connection to the laptop and ps4 is on the same router. 1.26 with patch size 30.071 is correct.

The patch installed instantly soon as the download was done. Verify game version under information by pressing options at the XMB selected over FFXV.

How can I disable auto game updates? I already have it turned off in the menu's but it still auto updates. I have to quickly cancel/delete the update.

Yes, I know play offline and don't connect to the internet which is exactly what I'm doing but I do want to sync trophies for that brief moment.

Does turning off auto update not work?

As a side note you'll need to play minimum version 1.23 if you want to 100% FFXV comrades, then update to latest after comrades is completed. The second dlc pack for comrades march 2018 update starts with 1.23.

Finished both DLC's. Took me ~50 hours and I barely beat the last boss on the second DLC. I did make a Dragon's Whisker but didn't have optimal stats or gear. Four level 120 weapons and I did get Dancing Daggers but never used it. Finished it at level 47. The only 2 struggles was Out of the Darkness and the last boss of DLC update. Barely beat both but I still beat it.

Edited by SirWaWa
Update
  • Like 1

On 17.8.2020 at 8:13 AM, wesker-kun said:

I‘ve never played FF15 before and think about playing this gem. As a completionist I‘m worried about the comrades trophies, so maybe you can tell me:

- How long did it take for you to get all the comrades trophies offline?

- Should i start right off with comrades or should i play the main game until a certain point?

-Is it safe to update after getting the comrades trophies?

Ty in advance

• Like 1