How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

Hey guys,

so I’m on the PS5 and found this thread because I also want the 100% in the March 2018 Update of comrades

So I set everything up and Charles also recognize my PS5. After that I do exactly what’s written in the guide until point 9-11.

In my case there is not only one .json file there are 3-4 of them.

So in my case i map every of this .json files and also use the little guide from @uominee and fill in the query.

but everytime I delete the download and restart it it keeps getting download the 1.30 patch

are there any hints or tips what I could be doing wrong?

I‘m using the Disc Version of FF XV (Day One).

thanks for your help

Edited by IronEagle91

11 minutes ago, cometowner said:

is this method still working, because using PSNPROFILES+ its marked as 10 unobtainable trophies???

PSNP+ counts any method that requires any kind of patch reversion as unobtainable. It's not equipped to deal with nuances and shouldn't be considered as absolute proof something is unobtainable without workarounds.

This method still works.

• Like 1

On 12/23/2021 at 5:43 PM, DaivRules said:

PSNP+ counts any method that requires any kind of patch reversion as unobtainable. It's not equipped to deal with nuances and shouldn't be considered as absolute proof something is unobtainable without workarounds.

This method still works.

thank you very much. 

On 09/12/2020 at 1:46 PM, AWinstead11 said:

Yes my pc is on the same network as my playstation and I have put the correct proxies.

Edit: I finally got it to connect. Had to change some settings on my pc.

I can't access to charles with ps4/ps5 can someone tell me what settings need to be changed on pc?

Edit : an antivirus was blocking the connection without letting me know through notifications, anyway problem solved thanks a lot Golden Devil Gamer for your post, ff XV is in 1.26 now on my ps4 and comrades works fine.

Edited by Renamhfo

• 3 weeks later...

Did all the steps on PS5 but after entering my IP etc and I try to connect with the internet I get an error and can't even get my ps5 back online ..

Edit. It was my firewall that kept blocking the request however now I've run into another problem and thats finding the jsn file.

all end with a long string of my ip address=000002, 00003, 0004 and so on. none end up with .json.

I've tried editing all .json files with the correct paths including adding the query someone else mentioned a few pages back but it keeps going to 1.30.

jsn.png

Edited by Deluziion90

• 2 weeks later...

My above post is for digital users and solution finally found!

I changed all files with .json including adding the query's someone mentioned earlier. Do this for all .json files and start your download (including comrades box checked to download)..

My problem still happens where it keeps downloading the 1.30 version you can quickly check what version you're downloading by clicking on the game icon with options > information and it shows what version your downloading.

When it shows 1.30 deleted it and restart your download. I kept spamming it a few times and all of a sudden it grabbed the 1.26 version. No clue how this works but I managed to grab the correct version doing it this way.

It's been a while but thanks for giving us a chance to get these  trophies I've finally got FFXV 100%.

If people like me also didn't get the trophy to kill Ifrit back when it was up you can still abuse a nasty glitch to kill him without spending days grinding good gear.

It took me 5hrs+ though to get him down with a horrible crossbow and my hand was all sore after hours holding circle but still better then spending days on grinding and watching slow loading screens :D  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 13/12/2018 at 10:33 PM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Let it download, and keep Charles open. If you have the trial version, Charles will close every 30 mins, which will pause your download. Don't worry, as long as you reopen Charles, it will continue from where it left off. If the download doesn't continue, pause and resume the download until it does.

@Golden Devil Gamer @HusKy Is it necessary to close Charles and reopen it every 30 minutes? The prompt to close it comes up every 30 minutes but if I don’t click on it the download on my PS4 continues regardless and the Charles program does not auto close. If I could leave this running overnight without having to check in every half hour that would be great but I’m worried I’ll mess up the download if I don’t.

28 minutes ago, GraniteSnake said:

if I don’t click on it the download on my PS4 continues regardless and the Charles program does not auto close

If that's the case, my guess would be that it will continue to work overnight.

I suppose the 30 minute reminder is mostly there to block user interaction with the app UI but does not actually stop the proxy server itself.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, HusKy said:

If that's the case, my guess would be that it will continue to work overnight.

I suppose the 30 minute reminder is mostly there to block user interaction with the app UI but does not actually stop the proxy server itself.

Okay, great, appreciate the reply man ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/13/2022 at 11:17 PM, Argentium5000 said:

Can you play online or only offline?

You will need to play offline to do these. If you connect to the internet, your console will try to force the update to the newer, patched out version of Comrades.

On 4/23/2022 at 3:51 PM, SerEriol said:

I haven't started the game yet. My question is: can I do this after clearing up all the other trophies, or should I do it as first thing? Will a 1.30 save file be playable on 1.26?

If you already have a save for the base game and are working towards trophies there, I'd recommend finishing that out and backing up your save. Saves are not backwards compatible with older versions of the game so to prevent any data loss, that seems the safest course of action to me. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

To anybody struggling to get this working on Mac:

I got it working using Lan from my ps4 to my iMac and then having the iMac connect to the network via Wi-Fi.  

You get your IP from System Preferences > Network

I had to turn on internet sharing from the System Preferences > Sharing > Internet Sharing and tick the box for LAN.

It still took a couple of restarts on everything to get all working.  Be aware that restarting your Mac will probably reset you IP address and you’ll need to make changes on the console.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2022/4/11 at 9:58 AM, Argentium5000 said:

Hello, I already downloaded version 1.26 and also the multiplayer comrades. But when I enter the game it tells me that it still hasn't downloaded and won't let me play it. The multiplayer weighed 30gb not 7gb as the guide says

I have the exact same situation here. From your profile it seems that you have solved the problem, could you please what should I do to handle this situation. My comrade DLC shows a lock mark when check the DLC information.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks a ton! Used this method recently through my PS5, with the digital edition of Royal given for free for ps plus users.
Started two days ago, and obtained all the "Comrades Expansion" trophies in just under 20 hours! The final time was approximately, 19 hours and 55 mins. Anyways, just wanted to express my gratitude for this workaround. Now I can move on to the main game without the worry of downloading the latest update by mistake.  

• Like 3

On 6/15/2022 at 11:44 PM, KingKhawja said:

Thanks a ton! Used this method recently through my PS5, with the digital edition of Royal given for free for ps plus users.
Started two days ago, and obtained all the "Comrades Expansion" trophies in just under 20 hours! The final time was approximately, 19 hours and 55 mins. Anyways, just wanted to express my gratitude for this workaround. Now I can move on to the main game without the worry of downloading the latest update by mistake.  

Which patch did you use?