How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

Followed this method can't seem to get it to work using the digital FFXV royal edition. There were a few differences in the Charles software.  There was a ppkgo, appkgo, and acpkgo folder, which I ignored the other two and used the ppkgo. 

After right clicking the .json file, there was no option titled edit mapping or whatever the guide says, just one called edit viewer mapping which when opened led me to a similar looking pop up as in the guide. The difference here also was there was only one section of host/port/pathway to edit, not two.

All in all after making the changes as per the guide the best I could, and starting the game download once they've been made, the 1.30 version was downloaded again. Not sure what to do from here and it takes about an hour to download just the game via the Charles pathway so I'd rather not have to keep repeating the download.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

Edited by Atom1cMoose

I actually followed the instructions and everything went perfectly at first try. I tested it on PS5 with Royal edition given for free in PsPlus collection. 

The only difference for me regarded the window described at point 11, where I had the 'Query' part filled up, that I had to delete. 

I have windows 11 Home and installed Charles' 4.6.2 version.

Edited by SerEriol
Added info

27 minutes ago, Atom1cMoose said:

Followed this method can't seem to get it to work using the digital FFXV royal edition. There were a few differences in the Charles software.  There was a ppkgo, appkgo, and acpkgo folder, which I ignored the other two and used the ppkgo. 

After right clicking the .json file, there was no option titled edit mapping or whatever the guide says, just one called edit viewer mapping which when opened led me to a similar looking pop up as in the guide. The difference here also was there was only one section of host/port/pathway to edit, not two.

All in all after making the changes as per the guide the best I could, and starting the game download once they've been made, the 1.30 version was downloaded again. Not sure what to do from here and it takes about an hour to download just the game via the Charles pathway so I'd rather not have to keep repeating the download.

Any insight would be helpful, thanks!

Are you using the newest version of Charles(4 I think) or the previous version? If your using the new one delete it, it won't let you edit you need the earlier version it should be on the same page as the new one

Edited by Taliesin_2943

20 minutes ago, Taliesin_2943 said:

Are you using the newest version of Charles(4 I think) or the previous version? If your using the new one delete it, it won't let you edit you need the earlier version it should be on the same page as the new one

I assume it's Charles 4 as the download was labeled 4.6.2. Wasn't aware the software version would make a difference. I'll give this a shot with version 3 then! Thank you for the help, will update later if it worked out.

57 minutes ago, Atom1cMoose said:

I assume it's Charles 4 as the download was labeled 4.6.2. Wasn't aware the software version would make a difference. I'll give this a shot with version 3 then! Thank you for the help, will update later if it worked out.

Yeah figured it out when I was having to change the patch on marvels avengers version 4 didn't let me edit the file I got the previous version and it let me without issue 

On 6/17/2022 at 3:20 PM, VoidVictorious said:

Which patch did you use?

Not sure? I just followed the guide. I assume the guide was set up to have it download the 1.26 version? I just tried it all with the v3 Charles but now I get an error when I try to download, says can’t install, error CE-107981-1. Someone on the first page had a similar issue but it resolved itself, mine doesn’t seem to do that though lol.

edit: I believe its mapping from the 1.30 path (A0130) to the 1.26 as per guide (A0126)

edit 2: guess I should of mentioned I was on PS5, but I managed to work it out I believe. The 1.26 patch is currently downloading so I haven’t been able to test if it works but I’m sure at this point it will. For anyone else doing this in the future for PS5, I followed the OGs guide but also the steps on page 26 of this thread to copy and paste the query in the ppkgo folder for the .json file. I’m not going to try disabling the proxy to run it on my own IP as it took me a while to get this sorted out, even though its downloading at a snails pace. Be sure to check the FFXV icon on the hub once it shows it to make sure it says its downloading the 1.26 patch

Edited by Atom1cMoose

• 3 weeks later...

Many Thanks to the OP for posting this Guide.

Using this Guide and another on Reddit I have Successfully Downloaded Versions 1.15 for the Festivals and 1.26 for the Comrades Trophies.

Unfortunately since I didn't buy FFXV until late 2018 I Don't have the Assassin's Festival DLC.

I was wondering if it would be possible to Download the Assassin's DLC using the method in this Guide.

What I'm thinking is download 1 of the Character episodes from my library and then using Charles to remap to the Assassin's DLC instead.

To do this I will need the Server / Directory path to the Assassin's DLC.

This can be obtained by anyone who has the Assassin's DLC in their Library and downloading it while connected to Charles and extracting the Server / Directory path.

Now this may not work if the Server performs an ownership check and denies the download if you have not purchased the DLC even tho it was FREE.

But we won't know until someone tries it.

So if anyone wants to give this a try and post the Server / Directory Path, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

BTW I'm in the EU - But all regions would be helpful to other who may be missing the DLC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/28/2022 at 8:23 AM, LukeTheTyrant said:

You don't need to restart, just don't click here

Reveal hidden contents

acPM27.jpg

I don't understand this. If I don' click the Ok button and restart the app, it'll be stuck there not downloading.

Edited by ipot_04

Thanks a lot for this guide, got it after a couple of errors on PS5 with the digital royal edition. I'd like to say that in my case my download was never around 30gb but the usual 70gb, however I am indeed on 1.26, I checked the game informations while it was downloading and it was 1.26. I'm currently playing Comrades so it works. 

Edited by Ennlocke
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to bother you guys, my ps4 can't connect with Charles. The PS4 is connected to the Internet with LAN cable and the Laptop with WiFi, I'm on step 6 but no message pop up in Charles. Can someone tell me what to do?

Edit: All done. I just downloaded the latest version of Charles. My bad

Edited by EricAS17384751
  • Like 1

Hello,

first and foremost - thank you so much for your guide. I'm so glad that people like you exist in this community.

I have a few quick questions concerning my personal approach to 100%.

I played the game back in the day when it was realeased and achievement plat right away. Never played it again after that.

I would go for Digital Royal Edition now.

This should give me access to every DLC content there is, correct?

Should I aim for the "version related" content first by following your guide? And play the Episodes afterwards at the latest patch? Or the other way around?

Can I do it on PS5 aswell or do I have to use my PS4?

Thank you so much for your time.

Best regards.

Hey guys,

I wrote this PM to the OP round about a week ago but he hasn't been online since September 4th.

So I would just redirect my questions to you guys.

I would be greatful for any form of input. :) Thanks

On 20/9/2022 at 11:47 AM, shorty2905 said:

Hey guys,

I wrote this PM to the OP round about a week ago but he hasn't been online since September 4th.

So I would just redirect my questions to you guys.

I would be greatful for any form of input. :) Thanks

I completed all DLCs in the latest version of the game, then used this guide to get the comrades trophies, it's up to you what to do first. And yes, the digital royal edition gives you access to all DLCs. About playing it on ps4 or ps5, if it's the ps4 version, i recommend playing it in ps4, since i heard there are some games that have trophies not popping on ps5, I don't know why.

Edit: All DLCs except Episode Ardyn.

Edited by EricAS17384751
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Play3GianniGreed said:

So, to clarify, I have completed all the dlcs expect for comrades. 

If I understand correctly, I have to downgrade the game, get the trophies in the old version of comrades then upgraded it again and get the trophy for the new version of comrades? 

It's that right? 

Will depend on if you have played the standalone version.

To get the trophies associated with the base game list you will need to downgrade the game.

If you haven't played the standalone version then as long as you don't start it you can leave it. The list won't be added if you downgrade and only play the version tied to the base game. 

1 hour ago, BlueDragonZero said:

Will depend on if you have played the standalone version.

To get the trophies associated with the base game list you will need to downgrade the game.

If you haven't played the standalone version then as long as you don't start it you can leave it. The list won't be added if you downgrade and only play the version tied to the base game. 

Yes, I haven't started it yet. 

So now I have to downgrade and play the old version first and after I get all the trophies, upgrade and get the trophies for the update.

I hope it will work. 

• 1 month later...

Hey, have read through and not sure I've seen the answer to my specific circumstance so any help would be great!

I have Physical Copy of FF XV, completed the base game, and DLC (Gladiolus, Prompto, Ignis Ardyn and the July 2017 Update).

What's the easiest way for me to get 100% - do I delete my base game copy and download the Royal Edition from PS Plus (it's free!), do the Royal Pack trophies and then do all the Charles/proxy stuff?

Thanks!