How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

2 hours ago, dpazmino said:

It means that the game is useless without 1.27, so this whole post guide us to nothing unfortunately, I was checking and no one has got a trophy after December 12, meaning that the 100% is unobtainable for the people who didn't got those trophies before. 

Not commenting on whether or not this method works as i haven't tried it myself yet.

Just wanted to say regarding no one having achieved trophies since dec 12 would still make sense considering the people who might be achieving them would probably still keep their playstations offline and therefore unsynced, no?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dpazmino said:

It means that the game is useless without 1.27, so this whole post guide us to nothing unfortunately, I was checking and no one has got a trophy after December 12, meaning that the 100% is unobtainable for the people who didn't got those trophies before. 

This shouldn't be possible as me and a couple of other got Comrades trophies after the update: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5612-final-fantasy-xv/68-beacon-of-hope

1 hour ago, Twohands108 said:

Anyone got it to work, if so from what? Standard disk, royal edition or digital.

I've got it to work (and I'm still able to play) through Royal Edition (physical copy)

5 hours ago, Twohands108 said:

I've followed the guide, downloaded it and it states 1.26. I've downloaded comrades. When I try and open ff15 it states update network features to play. I select to play without updating and it starts the 1.27 update which I pause. When I get into the application It states cannot access network features. Check your connection and try again. When I ok this it says install time remaining: 1 min and I can't access anything from menu. I've waited 30 mins and still it says install time 1 minute.

This seems to be a fault with the installation. Seems like the game hasn't completed installation yet, or is stuck with installation.

Here, I recorded this right now to show that I can still access Comrades through FFXV

Edited by Golden Devil Gamer
  • Like 1

Question. I have a game save from 1.26. Base Game + Season Pass.  Will that save be compatible with Royal Edition if I update to 1.26?

Going to test if it is possible to update to 1.26 and use the base game for this. (Digital)  My save is from 1.26 and on a USB, and I checked out the sony website and I can download the Comrades update from there. (Couldn't on the PS4 itself)

Edited by jdh0921

Just to confirm this:

1. I bought digital original edition and Season Pass from PS Store Japan, and have downloaded Comrades before withdrawn. Now I could downgrade the game to 1.26 and download Comrades from Download List, and play Comrades as ever.
  2. Version 1.27 of Final Fantasy XV (China) did not remove Comrades. They did not remove Comrades from PS Store China, either. Because the new Multiplayer Comrades did not pass the regulation and therefore cannot be released. As you could see, there are only 4 sets of new Multiplayer Comrades.
Edited by ChenZheCHN
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, jdh0921 said:

Question. I have a game save from 1.26. Base Game + Season Pass.  Will that save be compatible with Royal Edition if I update to 1.26?

Going to test if it is possible to update to 1.26 and use the base game for this. (Digital)  My save is from 1.26 and on a USB, and I checked out the sony website and I can download the Comrades update from there. (Couldn't on the PS4 itself)

To update my post. Going to try a test, currently I'm downloading 1.26 with Digital version. I was able to compare before and after (1.27 Digital is 78.925 GB and 1.26 Digital is 73.540 GB) and download the game. I was also given the option to download the Comrades DLC (7.5 GB) at the same time which I'll do.  Once I download both, I'll disable my internet before starting the game. I've also disabled the ability to do automatic updates to the game in hopes that the update doesn't try to run. Hoping it'll be enough to let me pass through. I'll update when I find out the results.

**One more note I should add**

I realized when I purchased FFXV last year, I had purchased the Digital Premium Edition. Which included the Season Pass, but I didn't have to install the season pass, but gained access to all the DLC. Which includes the Comrades pack, and is still in my library list. Which might be similar to how the Royal Pack works.

Edited by jdh0921
Added update about Version.
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, ChenZheCHN said:

Just to confirm this:

Version 1.27 of Final Fantasy XV (China) did not remove Comrades. They did not remove Comrades from PS Store China, either. Because the new Multiplayer Comrades did not pass the regulation and therefore cannot be released. As you could see, there are only 4 sets of new Multiplayer Comrades.

Hmm, that's pretty interesting. If only they did that for other regions too.

6 hours ago, Twohands108 said:

Update: You were right, I don't think the disk installed correctly. I took it out gave it a clean and voila it installed and I can access comrades offline. I'm going to try and get a trophy done today to see if it works. Amazing!

Great to know that it's working!!

5 hours ago, harrypotter1997 said:

Ok, so what about buying digital Royal Edition? Will that give you comrades? Cause if not then i will have to get a new, sealed copy of 5 regions which will be a big pain.

We're not sure if the digital version of Royal Edition still gives Comrades. Wasn't able to test it myself.

2 hours ago, XpanderFX said:

people on amazon confirmed code works

https://i.imgur.com/hBK4LGA.jpg

What version is the game, 1.26?

3 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Hmm, that's pretty interesting. If only they did that for other regions too.

Great to know that it's working!!

We're not sure if the digital version of Royal Edition still gives Comrades. Wasn't able to test it myself.

I tried everything you said but it still download the 1.27 :( any clue what I might have done wrong?

47 minutes ago, SypherGhost said:

What version is the game, 1.26?

I tried everything you said but it still download the 1.27 :( any clue what I might have done wrong?

It might be a mapping issue. Press Ctrl + Alt + M, delete all your list of mappings, and then tried again. I know this worked with another person. Make sure you're mapping the right file too (the one that ends with .json), and make sure you're using the right region URL.

• Like 2

I MADE IT GUYS I'M IN!!!

First of all thank you so much @Golden Devil Gamer and every other people who helped.

I have Royal Edition Digital. I just deleted the game completely then do what OP says. I didn't even need to download comrades again. Once whole game installed add-ons were already there. 

I'm so excited. I'll go get those 3 damn trophies right now.

I wish you all good luck, I hope you'll make it too.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

It might be a mapping issue. Press Ctrl + Alt + M, delete all your list of mappings, and then tried again. I know this worked with another person. Make sure you're mapping the right file too (the one that ends with .json), and make sure you're using the right region URL.

yes it was, thank you very much, I am downloading it but is very slow :(

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, SypherGhost said:

yes it was, thank you very much, I am downloading it but is very slow :(

Good to know that the problem got solved! It'll be a slow download for sure, and the large file size doesn't help, but push through it, since you got the hard part of getting this thing to work out of the way! Good luck :D 

1 hour ago, Microcuts-X said:

I MADE IT GUYS I'M IN!!!

First of all thank you so much @Golden Devil Gamer and every other people who helped.

I have Royal Edition Digital. I just deleted the game completely then do what OP says. I didn't even need to download comrades again. Once whole game installed add-ons were already there. 

I'm so excited. I'll go get those 3 damn trophies right now.

I wish you all good luck, I hope you'll make it too.

Awesome news! It seems like more and more people are able to get this thing to work, which is great to hear :) 

• Like 1

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered already, but as I am not sure if I have a potential 100% issue I would like to ask before hand.

I purchased the physical Royal Edition.

I am running on 1.27 PS4.

I went to play Comrades, but was told I needed to download it (for free) so I did (even though it came with my Royal Edition).

I loaded up Comrades and I see it has its own standalone trophies which are different to those listed under FFXV > Comrades.

Does this mean I cannot 100% my Royal Edition FFXV > Comrades?

30 minutes ago, Haysi_Fantaysee said:

Please forgive me if this has been asked and answered already, but as I am not sure if I have a potential 100% issue I would like to ask before hand.

I purchased the physical Royal Edition.

I am running on 1.27 PS4.

I went to play Comrades, but was told I needed to download it (for free) so I did (even though it came with my Royal Edition).

I loaded up Comrades and I see it has its own standalone trophies which are different to those listed under FFXV > Comrades.

Does this mean I cannot 100% my Royal Edition FFXV > Comrades?

The only way to now get them is by following the method proposed by the OP. I can confirm this 100% works as I just got beacons of hope trophy.

On 12/13/2018 at 10:33 PM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

After you filled that up, press OK, then delete the patch that's still downloading on your PS4. On Final Fantasy XV that is installed, in the selectable options, choose "Check for Updates" and the patch will start downloading. It will still say Version 1.27 is downloading, but the file size should be different. The normal file size of 1.27 is 34.620 GB, however, the patch that is downloading for you will be 30.043 GB. If it's 30.043 GB, then it's Version 1.26, and that means that you've successfully remapped the URLs. 

How do you do this step with a digital copy? there is not a specific patch downloading, just the game and all the addons.

Edited by Bilenlol

Just to say a huge thanks to OP - I'd updated to 10.27 without realising I'd be locked out of finishing the Comrades trophies and this method seems to have worked a treat for me. For what it's worth I have a Day one physical copy and already had the Comrades DLC installed via the initial Season Pass. 

I only have the the trophies for farming power shards and getting all the royal sigils left - think I'm nearly done with the shards so can hopefully soon confirm trophies are still popping for me

Cheers.

Edited by niaimitch1990
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bilenlol said:

How do you do this step with a digital copy? there is not a specific patch downloading, just the game and all the addons.

When you use the HTTP proxy while the digital game is downloading, you can see the main game (in folder "appkgo") and patch (in folder "ppkgo") separately. Your PS4 only shows it as one file, but in reality, they just put those two files together in one download progress bar. When you use Charles, you can see them separately. 

40 minutes ago, sjm0528 said:

Hi Friends I spent the weekend and got the Royal Edition disk version. But I just received the code and the cd is coming. First, comrades was downloaded. But my version is version 1.16. Is it a problem in picking trophies?

Version 1.16 won't give you the Comrades March 2018 trophies, because those came after 1.23 I think. 

So.. to update my earlier post.

I'm running Final Fantasy XV Digital Deluxe Edition, so not the Royal Pack. With Golden Devil Gamer's guide and turning off internet and application updates I was able to get the game to load 1.26 and Comrades DLC. No issues other than the random message complaining about no internet. So now I will be working on getting these knocked out.

So Thank You kindly Golden Devil Gamer, and there might still be hope to get this done!

• Like 1

Hi, I installed Charles on my laptop and I'm stuck on this particular step.

"You will be told to put an "Address" and a "Port Number" in. For "Address", put in your IP address you got from Command Prompt. For "Port Number", put in "8888". After choosing Next, you should have a message pop up on Charles. Accept the request so your PS4 can connect to your PC."

I've followed everything exactly as described but I didn't get a message to connect my PS4 on Charles. I'm using a WiFI connection. If I understood correctly, it would be best to connect via LAN. Do I have to connect my PS4 to my laptop via LAN or the PS4 to my router? Sadly, the LAN port on my laptop is damaged so I believe WiFi would be my only option. So I guess I'm screwed. Is there a workaround? I appreciate any help that can be provided.

Edited by BattleFeverC

13 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

When you use the HTTP proxy while the digital game is downloading, you can see the main game (in folder "appkgo") and patch (in folder "ppkgo") separately. Your PS4 only shows it as one file, but in reality, they just put those two files together in one download progress bar. When you use Charles, you can see them separately. 

I understand but how do you "delete" the patch thats downloading as the step says, do you just cancel the entire game and redownload it?

3 hours ago, BattleFeverC said:

Hi, I installed Charles on my laptop and I'm stuck on this particular step.

"You will be told to put an "Address" and a "Port Number" in. For "Address", put in your IP address you got from Command Prompt. For "Port Number", put in "8888". After choosing Next, you should have a message pop up on Charles. Accept the request so your PS4 can connect to your PC."

I've followed everything exactly as described but I didn't get a message to connect my PS4 on Charles. I'm using a WiFI connection. If I understood correctly, it would be best to connect via LAN. Do I have to connect my PS4 to my laptop via LAN or the PS4 to my router? Sadly, the LAN port on my laptop is damaged so I believe WiFi would be my only option. So I guess I'm screwed. Is there a workaround? I appreciate any help that can be provided.

If you didn't get a request, then that means that your PS4 wasn't able to connect to the PC. To test it out, you can try downloading something random on your PS4. If no Playstation-related URLs pop up on Charles the moment you start the download, then the PS4 wasn't connected. Also make sure you're using the right IP address. If everything is done correctly and you still can't connect to your PC, then you can switch to a LAN connection. The PS4 needs to be connected to the router, not the laptop, so you should be fine.

2 hours ago, Bilenlol said:

I understand but how do you "delete" the patch thats downloading as the step says, do you just cancel the entire game and redownload it?

Oh yes, for digital users, they'll need to delete the entire game that's downloading, then redownload the game. Then the game should download as 1.26 if everything was done correctly. 

Just now, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Oh yes, for digital users, they'll need to delete the entire game that's downloading, then redownload the game. Then the game should download as 1.26 if everything was done correctly. 

Alright! ill try it out and will report back :) thank you for the help!

• Like 1