How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

I just finished with downloading the 1.26 patch. As well as the Comrades DLC. Played it for about 5 minutes as it still had my character saved from the standalone game. FWIW Charles has a MacBook option it just sucked having to fill in that long ass code on like step 10 or 11 as my MacBook wouldn’t let me copy and paste ??.

I used a MacBook Air as my proxy although I wish I woulda had my MacBook Pro available to bridge between the internet and my PS4 via landline.

I had an issue above where on the f folder (step 9) the .json file would not pop up on Charles. What I had to do was delete the 1.28 update, and start it over. Before it got to 100% downloaded the .json file popped up so I stopped the D/L. And I followed through with the rest of the steps.

After 1.26 was installed it immediately tried to go back and download/install 1.28, I paused it immediately as before it got far.

I have the Royal Edition so I had already used my Comrades code. I was able to go onto the PS Store and find Comrades.

Now here’s the kicker. Upon clicking D/L for the Comrades DLC/Expansion, it immediately tried to D/L BOTH the expansion (that works with 1.26 its 7.5gb) and the stand-alone DLC (it’s like 20+gb)

I paused the 20+gb DLC and proceeded to install the 7.5gb one. After it installed, I disconnected my internet via settings and tried out Comrades from the FFXV DLC menu, works excellent now.

Sorry for the extremely long reply.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, pavelbagirov said:

Hi.How many hours I need in total to 100% comrades?And what is the easiest and fastest way to farm?

From what I seen online between 40-50 hours depending on efficiency.

i know I played for a little over an hour and I replayed the 1st mission 3-4 times for modding materials, then I lit up Cid’s area to remodel my base sword up to level 30, I was avle to hammer out the next 5-6 hunts without any issues until I stopped to go back in the patch software.

21 hours ago, Reverseshift said:

The dlc from the royal edition won’t install two trophy lists, will it? I really hope not.

The Comrades DLC from the physical royal edition is fully listed in the main FFXV trophies list as a sub folder just like any DLC.

The new Comrades stand alone has It's own list and is completely separated from FFXV.

2 separate lists.

Here’s a question for everyone, I’ve been trying to get Kenny to make my food, but haven’t had luck. I’ve been using AI characters (or coarse since I have to be offline) and been doing the zolom quest. Even with 2 of the AI dead and only 1 AI and myself alive with no food as well, at the end of the 2 hunts I’ve done, 1 AI always just seems to have some food item. Has anyone else had luck yet?

3 hours ago, SHADOW-KILLER-S2 said:

I followed this guide and managed to download and  install the 30GB patch 1.26 and multiplayer expansion comrades, so thank you for this thread.

Can i delete Charles of my PC now or do i need it for something else FFXV related?

Nope, you can delete Charles now if you wish to do so. Though I'd say to keep it until you've gotten all the FFXV Comrades trophies. Just in case if your PS4 ends up downloading 1.28, you'll need to use Charles again. 

Hi. I have the digital version of Royal Edition. On step 8-9, I see only acpkgo and appkgo. 

I can't see ppkgo anywhere. I'm looking at the right URL gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net 

The .json file is always on appkgo, without A0126 or A0127

On the acpkgo I see only downloadable contents.

What can I do, to find the ppkgo folder?

On 13/12/2018 at 6:33 PM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

14. Now all you need to do is install Comrades. If you have it purchased. Check your Library > Final Fantasy XV > PlayStation Store > Your Add-Ons, and you should see Comrades (7.5 GB) listed there. Download it.

Via Charlie too? Or normal?

8 hours ago, HiltonGorg said:

Hi. I have the digital version of Royal Edition. On step 8-9, I see only acpkgo and appkgo. 

I can't see ppkgo anywhere. I'm looking at the right URL gs2.ww.prod.dl.playstation.net 

The .json file is always on appkgo, without A0126 or A0127

On the acpkgo I see only downloadable contents.

What can I do, to find the ppkgo folder?

Try deleting the download and restarting it again, and see if the ppkgo folder appears. Although I haven't tested it out myself, it seems like some people on this thread were able to use this method with their digital copy.

1 hour ago, HiltonGorg said:

Via Charlie too? Or normal?

Normally.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:04 AM, ZERODSM said:

I just finished with downloading the 1.26 patch. As well as the Comrades DLC. Played it for about 5 minutes as it still had my character saved from the standalone game. FWIW Charles has a MacBook option it just sucked having to fill in that long ass code on like step 10 or 11 as my MacBook wouldn’t let me copy and paste 1f602.png1f602.png.

I used a MacBook Air as my proxy although I wish I woulda had my MacBook Pro available to bridge between the internet and my PS4 via landline.

I had an issue above where on the f folder (step 9) the .json file would not pop up on Charles. What I had to do was delete the 1.28 update, and start it over. Before it got to 100% downloaded the .json file popped up so I stopped the D/L. And I followed through with the rest of the steps.

After 1.26 was installed it immediately tried to go back and download/install 1.28, I paused it immediately as before it got far.

I have the Royal Edition so I had already used my Comrades code. I was able to go onto the PS Store and find Comrades.

Now here’s the kicker. Upon clicking D/L for the Comrades DLC/Expansion, it immediately tried to D/L BOTH the expansion (that works with 1.26 its 7.5gb) and the stand-alone DLC (it’s like 20+gb)

I paused the 20+gb DLC and proceeded to install the 7.5gb one. After it installed, I disconnected my internet via settings and tried out Comrades from the FFXV DLC menu, works excellent now.

Sorry for the extremely long reply.

Hi, how did you manage to load your character created in the standalone game into the FFXV Comrades DLC? Apparently, the DLC doesn't recognize any data about a character created in the standalone version and that sucks because it is a pain to level up and farm items with the AI.

Thanks, Golden Devil. I'm with 1.26 now. I just got my second trophy right now. 

In the coming days I will comment on some problems that I faced during this tutorial. Thus, the readers of the comment session will be able to solve such problems if they encounter the same difficulty.

Thanks again.

You're doing God's work here.

I just got my second trophy right now.

Hi, I'm trying to help a friend to do this method, but he has a digital copy. I was following the steps, but I didn't found the same file as the guide, my friend found those files instead: https://scontent.fqbx1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/50079582_356391758517139_7201905370724302848_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fqbx1-1.fna&oh=7b7d4943568385d2f55052200855902d&oe=5CCD53E3

One of them is the Comrades, obviously. But the first one, I'm not sure if it is the game (I don't know if this is the file for the full game with the most recent update or if it is another game). My question is: the link to the A0126 update in this guide works for both the digital copy and the disc, or there are 2 separate files, one with just the 1.26 update to use on the disc and another with the full game plus the 1.26 update to use instead of the most recent digital version?
I don't know if this makes any sense or if I'm just doing something wrong.

Edited by KenpachiDaniel

1 hour ago, KenpachiDaniel said:

Hi, I'm trying to help a friend to do this method, but he has a digital copy. I was following the steps, but I didn't found the same file as the guide, my friend found those files instead: https://scontent.fqbx1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/50079582_356391758517139_7201905370724302848_n.png?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ht=scontent.fqbx1-1.fna&oh=7b7d4943568385d2f55052200855902d&oe=5CCD53E3

One of them is the Comrades, obviously. But the first one, I'm not sure if it is the game (I don't know if this is the file for the full game with the most recent update or if it is another game). My question is: the link to the A0126 update in this guide works for both the digital copy and the disc, or there are 2 separate files, one with just the 1.26 update to use on the disc and another with the full game plus the 1.26 update to use instead of the most recent digital version?
I don't know if this makes any sense or if I'm just doing something wrong.

I've failed with my digital version too. The only folders that I have seen was acpkgo and appkgo. And I couldn't go anywhere with those. I recommend use a physical version of the game. As long as you find the ppkgo folder, everything will work nicely. Worked for me just fine yesterday. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:42 AM, Sephiroth__92 said:

Hi, how did you manage to load your character created in the standalone game into the FFXV Comrades DLC? Apparently, the DLC doesn't recognize any data about a character created in the standalone version and that sucks because it is a pain to level up and farm items with the AI.

Honestly I’m not sure, it was only a starting level 1 character.

I’m currently now level 35 and I’ve just been grinding away a bit (about 20 hours in) everything is going sorta smoothly aside from those stupid defense missions....

I still can’t aeem to get Kenny to to cook for me. Hey Golden did you get that trophy before servers shut down or after?

If Charles closes, and when reopening the download does not continue, even after you try to pause/resume. One of the reasons may be the same one that I faced, the IP having changed due to some static/dynamic configuration. So if this happens, be sure to check via ipconfig if your IP remains the same as the one you set up in step 6 of the tutorial. If it is different, you will need to go back to your PS4 settings again and re-configure a new connection by placing that new IP in step 6 of the tutorial. Once this is done, your download will continue smoothly.

I am explaining this, because I went through this very specific problem and maybe someone besides me faces the same obstacle.

Edited by HiltonGorg
  • Like 2

Is this legal ? I mean, I know that it's not flaggable from a trophy point of view, but does Sony/Square Enix allow this (playing on an older version and play to content that shouldn't be available anymore) ?

I'm asking because I'm afraid of having my account banned or something D:

Edited by Zoryck

After I get all the Comrades trophies playing it through the Final Fantasy menu itself.

Can I install the stand-alone version of Comrades that's in the PlayStation Store without taking any chances of losing my trophies, right?

In doing so, will I instantly gain the same trophies that I acquired by playing offline through this DevilGamer tutorial? 

Something like... duplicate the trophies kindastuff...hahaha. It is possible if I get the stand-alone version?

Edited by HiltonGorg

I'm definitely doing something wrong but can't figure out what. I follow the instructions perfectly but when I test the connection after set up on the ps4 I get that it can't connect to the internet. Maybe my net or that's utter crap but I set the port on Charles to 8888 and when I set up custom network on ps4 I do as it says keep everything automatic till dns server and set it to 192.168.x.xx and the port to 8888 but it always seems to fail. I don't get a message on Charles either any help would be grateful 

3 hours ago, Ultraxian said:

I'm definitely doing something wrong but can't figure out what. I follow the instructions perfectly but when I test the connection after set up on the ps4 I get that it can't connect to the internet. Maybe my net or that's utter crap but I set the port on Charles to 8888 and when I set up custom network on ps4 I do as it says keep everything automatic till dns server and set it to 192.168.x.xx and the port to 8888 but it always seems to fail. I don't get a message on Charles either any help would be grateful 

I found the same problem, I was wire-connecting my laptop to my PS4 and WiFi-connecting my laptop to the router. I solved by creating a bridge between LAN and Wi-Fi connection on my laptop. There are plenty of guides out there in the web that explain how to do that.

Does anyone know if there's a way to load a character created in the standalone version of Comrades into the main game version?

Edited by Sephiroth__92

23 hours ago, Sephiroth__92 said:

I found the same problem, I was wire-connecting my laptop to my PS4 and WiFi-connecting my laptop to the router. I solved by creating a bridge between LAN and Wi-Fi connection on my laptop. There are plenty of guides out there in the web that explain how to do that.

Does anyone know if there's a way to load a character created in the standalone version of Comrades into the main game version?

i tried bridging the network but still no luck. I had laptop connected to net by WiFi and ps4 connected to ps4 by LAN cable but it still failed at trying to connect to internet unless I'm doing something wrong. On ipconfig I get a WiFi IP address and a Ethernet IP address so I think the bridge is working its just trying to connect that fails me. 

On 1/14/2019 at 9:44 AM, Zoryck said:

Is this legal ? I mean, I know that it's not flaggable from a trophy point of view, but does Sony/Square Enix allow this (playing on an older version and play to content that shouldn't be available anymore) ?

I'm asking because I'm afraid of having my account banned or something D:

It's legal. Square Enix, or any developer, doesn't prohibit playing in an older patch. Many people can play physical games in version 1.00 without any patches anyways. There are people who didn't use a HTTP proxy and still have 1.26 because they never updated their game. It's not like Square Enix can ban people for doing something like that. Maybe they may not prefer having people play Comrades through the main game, but they can't restrict it either. Sony won't care either, because they only don't allow network tampering from the source's side (which would be Sony's network). Tampering with your own network is allowed. These older patches aren't being downloaded from a third party source or anything like that. They're coming straight from Playstation themselves.

48 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

i tried bridging the network but still no luck. I had laptop connected to net by WiFi and ps4 connected to ps4 by LAN cable but it still failed at trying to connect to internet unless I'm doing something wrong. On ipconfig I get a WiFi IP address and a Ethernet IP address so I think the bridge is working its just trying to connect that fails me. 

Try having both your laptop and PS4 connected through LAN. It might make it easier for your PS4 to connect to your laptop.

6 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

It's legal. Square Enix, or any developer, doesn't prohibit playing in an older patch. Many people can play physical games in version 1.00 without any patches anyways. There are people who didn't use a HTTP proxy and still have 1.26 because they never updated their game. It's not like Square Enix can ban people for doing something like that. Maybe they may not prefer having people play Comrades through the main game, but they can't restrict it either. Sony won't care either, because they only don't allow network tampering from the source's side (which would be Sony's network). Tampering with your own network is allowed. These older patches aren't being downloaded from a third party source or anything like that. They're coming straight from Playstation themselves.

Try having both your laptop and PS4 connected through LAN. It might make it easier for your PS4 to connect to your laptop.

the only problem is I only have the 1 cable the now. I'll get another one then give that ago. 

There is no mention of what happens to your save data in the original post.

I'm afraid my save data has been updated following the latest patch. What happens to it when I try to go back and do this method?

Does Comrades have its own separate save file like episode prompto/gladio which just gets updated once you go back to the 1.28?

If my current main game file has been saved when it was 1.28 how does this method of going back to 1.26 affect me and my save data?