How to get Comrades trophies after Update 1.27

Golden Devil Gamer

Bought the Royal Edition, redeemed the Voucher today (19.02.2019) followed your steps and it worked perfectly without problems. Can't verify anything about Trophies yet since i haven't actually started playing but i'm on the Comrades titlescreen in FFXV. Thanks for your effort!

Hello. 

I am following the process step by step. Despite my .json file showing "A0128" instead of A0126 or A0127 (as you mentioned in the tutorial), the file size matched the 1.26 version, so I kept going. 

The problem is that when I reopened Charles after 30 min, the download restarted from zero when resumed. The total file size was reduced, as you said it could happen. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot! 

59 minutes ago, renato_arsonist said:

Hello. 

I am following the process step by step. Despite my .json file showing "A0128" instead of A0126 or A0127 (as you mentioned in the tutorial), the file size matched the 1.26 version, so I kept going. 

The problem is that when I reopened Charles after 30 min, the download restarted from zero when resumed. The total file size was reduced, as you said it could happen. What could I be doing wrong?

Thanks a lot! 

Hello I had This Myself as When i did it my PlayStation automatically turned off what happens is Charles will Stop when The download stops All you need to do is go back on Charles and start the download it will still download version  1.26 just the Amount will be lower to check if its working when you Open Charles check the Links if it comes up with all the PlayStation links like it did when setting it up Then Its Fine but links will show up when you resume the download. 

On charles You Should see this multiple times when Your doing the download c1ff/f/EP0082-CUSA01615_00-FINALFANTASYXV00-A0126-V0100.json (Mind is Eu But Yours Might be different but it should be whatever region you wrote in  but when its download that will show appear if it dose not then something might have gone awry 

i think how it works is You just need to set it up correctly as long as you dont get error  with connection then its working as intended and also you dont need to be quick about Opening charles as The download stops if you have Problems with connection as when i did it my wifi went off near the end and still  managed to get version 1.26 without restarting the whole progress  

Edited by ZiggyTheFemboy
added explanation

18 hours ago, ZiggyTheFemboy said:

Hello I had This Myself as When i did it my PlayStation automatically turned off what happens is Charles will Stop when The download stops All you need to do is go back on Charles and start the download it will still download version  1.26 just the Amount will be lower to check if its working when you Open Charles check the Links if it comes up with all the PlayStation links like it did when setting it up Then Its Fine but links will show up when you resume the download. 

On charles You Should see this multiple times when Your doing the download c1ff/f/EP0082-CUSA01615_00-FINALFANTASYXV00-A0126-V0100.json (Mind is Eu But Yours Might be different but it should be whatever region you wrote in  but when its download that will show appear if it dose not then something might have gone awry 

i think how it works is You just need to set it up correctly as long as you dont get error  with connection then its working as intended and also you dont need to be quick about Opening charles as The download stops if you have Problems with connection as when i did it my wifi went off near the end and still  managed to get version 1.26 without restarting the whole progress  

Thanks for the answer! 

It worked, and now I'm already working on getting the 3 last trophies! 

So I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding this all, but from the sounds of it, I basically need to completely uninstall Final Fantasy XV from my PS4, buy a physical copy of the Royal Edition, and then install THAT.

Am I right or am I off?

The reason I'm here is because my PS4 updated while I was away on a family emergency, and I literally had ONE trophy left to get in regards to multiplayer.

On 27/02/2019 at 3:24 AM, Pulsor93 said:

So I'm having a little bit of trouble understanding this all, but from the sounds of it, I basically need to completely uninstall Final Fantasy XV from my PS4, buy a physical copy of the Royal Edition, and then install THAT.

Am I right or am I off?

The reason I'm here is because my PS4 updated while I was away on a family emergency, and I literally had ONE trophy left to get in regards to multiplayer.

On 28/02/2019 at 4:25 AM, Pulsor93 said:

Apologies for double-post, but from the looks of it, this process applies to a PC. What happens if you're using a Mac instead?

Hello, so its not that you need the Physical edition its The code which it  comes with  in the sealed Royal edition which you need to acquire the comrades download 

as digital download no longer has comrades according to some users I cant verify That myself since i purchased the physical version 

and Yes you need to uninstall final fantasy  xv Then Follow This guide using a Program on your computer called Charles and set Your proxy up on ps4 Which you need your  ipv4 address which is found on your pc Then it should connect the Ps4 With Charles  Then You reinstall final fantasy and then look for links on Charles and follow the guide while its downloading it should be ok to pause if worried about been slow 

also their is a download on Charles for macOS i assume it should work the same but i cant verify this as im a windows user 

Do we already know if Ardyn DLC will be standalone or will be added to the base game?

Cause i'm scared that adding it to the base game could affect the process shown in this guide, since i haven't already did it... but i also want to play Ardyn first.

14 hours ago, greatfede said:

Do we already know if Ardyn DLC will be standalone or will be added to the base game?

Cause i'm scared that adding it to the base game could affect the process shown in this guide, since i haven't already did it... but i also want to play Ardyn first.

I think Ardyn DLC will not be standalone. However, a new Comrades update will be added. Hopefully, this one will only have trophees on the standalone and not on the base game !

I am stuck at step 9: 

In the "f" folder, there should be multiple different files, but you're looking for the file that ends with .json. This method is for both physical and digital copies. The only difference with digital copies is that there will be two folders: "appkgo" and "ppkgo". As mentioned above, you're only looking for files in "ppkgo", so just ignore "appkgo" entirely. 

For some reason the JSON file don't appear for me:

https://i.ibb.co/C5B0PPm/example.png

EDIT:

Got it! I just deleted the update and start it again and the file just showed up.

EDIT 2:

Just earned my first trophy of this DLC. Thank you so much for giving us a solution! I hate when developers do things like this...

Edited by Ravers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I have the first version eu in digital with season pass and Comrades dlc in the collection and when I try to download 1.26, it always gives me 73 gb of version 1.29. Having said that, do I must have the Royal, or can I also download 1.26 with my digital version? Thanks.

Update: I think I succeeded, can you confirmed by seeing the 2 images? The 1.29 I'll don't download and ok, but do I have to keep downloading the 62 gb of "Tutti i dati" (all data) in the picture? Thanks.

https://imgur.com/1gPCdRP

https://imgur.com/Qm5BDtZ

Edited by Elvitek
Update

On 3/28/2019 at 11:50 AM, Elvitek said:

Update: I think I succeeded, can you confirmed by seeing the 2 images? The 1.29 I'll don't download and ok, but do I have to keep downloading the 62 gb of "Tutti i dati" (all data) in the picture? Thanks.

https://imgur.com/1gPCdRP

https://imgur.com/Qm5BDtZ

Yeah, you'll need to download the rest of the data, but you should be fine. Just make sure that 1.29 doesn't automatically start downloading after the download of the data.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Yeah, you'll need to download the rest of the data, but you should be fine. Just make sure that 1.29 doesn't automatically start downloading after the download of the data.

Perfect, everything went great and I have the 1.26 update on the normale and digital eu version and by downloading the Comrades dlc later. Thank you very much for the answer and for the guide, hoping that's will also unlock the trophies! :D

6 hours ago, greatfede said:

So the guide still works even after Ardyn's update?

Yep ;)

3 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

will this work on a laptop? I don't have a pc but in saying my laptops old and quit slow. I don't really about the proxy thing either ill wait for a reply then see if I can get it to work

I think it's same thing, cause I've used a netbook with 1 gb ram and Windows 7.

• Like 1

Hey i know im late like really late to question this but how do i connect my ps4 to my pc? Ive followed every step and everytime i enter my ip adress and stuff and try to connect it says it failed. Just wondering if you know whats wrong? Like i got Charles open up and stuff and i entered the port 8888 i also enabled Transparent HTTP proxying. Im on Step 6.

Edited by Zletcher

15 hours ago, Zletcher said:

Hey i know im late like really late to question this but how do i connect my ps4 to my pc? Ive followed every step and everytime i enter my ip adress and stuff and try to connect it says it failed. Just wondering if you know whats wrong? Like i got Charles open up and stuff and i entered the port 8888 i also enabled Transparent HTTP proxying. Im on Step 6.

I'm in the same boat as you. On ps4 it says it finds the ip address but fails at internet connection I've used WiFi and LAN and it always fails here. Maybe my connections too slow?

15 hours ago, Zletcher said:

8 minutes ago, Ultraxian said:

I'm in the same boat as you. On ps4 it says it finds the ip address but fails at internet connection I've used WiFi and LAN and it always fails here. Maybe my connections too slow?

I had the same issue. In my case, I set the port to be 8888 in Charles, but I was setting the port to 8080 in my PS4. A mistake that can be easily overlooked. Can you confirm that you are setting the same port on Charles and PS4?

Yeah i saw 8080 on my ps4 too, so i had to change it to 8888. Ive even tried using Wifi and Lan not for sure why its saying connection failed. It says Ip Adress successfull then right when it goes to connection it just stops for a long time and fails. I got pretty good internet, so im not sure if i have to get even faster internet for this to work. Ill keep on trying and see but it if it dosent work im not really sure what to do next.

Edited by Zletcher

3 hours ago, Zletcher said:

Yeah i saw 8080 on my ps4 too, so i had to change it to 8888. Ive even tried using Wifi and Lan not for sure why its saying connection failed. It says Ip Adress successfull then right when it goes to connection it just stops for a long time and fails. I got pretty good internet, so im not sure if i have to get even faster internet for this to work. Ill keep on trying and see but it if it dosent work im not really sure what to do next.

same thing here are you getting error code NW-31468-2 

dunno what I'm doing wrong. 

on laptop/Charles my ip is 192.168.x.xx and port 8888. I set ps4 up to use same up as charles/laptop and port 8888. But fails every time.

Edited by Ultraxian
grammer