Pirelli913

Cretaceous pack and patch 1.6

20 posts in this topic

Both are available now on Xbox One and Steam and while both SHOULD be available on PS4... they aren't. Yet. :shakefist:

 

What's included in each:

 

Cretaceous pack is paid DLC and includes three dinosaurs: Carcharadontosaurus (which actually looks pretty cool), Dreadnoughtus (which was one of the best fighters in Jurassic Park Builder), and Iguanadon (which actually can fight back against carnivores!). It should cost about $5, though prices may vary. I think it should only be $3 since you're only getting three dinosaurs, but since it's not in PSN yet, no official word on how much it will cost.

 

Patch 1.6: IF you liked challenge mode, there's a bunch of goodies here. Challenge mode is being added to EVERY island in the game. Yes, that includes the Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC islands. In addition, completing challenge mode on every island will earn you TWO new skins for various dinosaurs. You get one skin for beating it on any difficulty and one skin for beating it on Jurassic Difficulty. In other words, IF you have Secrets of Dr. Wu, that's 14 new skins you can unlock (10 if you don't have that DLC).

 

Trophies: Because it's not available on PSN yet, I think that's why it doesn't show new trophies, but I heard there are three new achievements available and so I'm gonna assume those will transfer over to PS4 and we'll get trophies, too. There's only three and two of them are definitely tied to challenge mode. The third I'm gonna assume can be completed outside challenge mode.

 

You'll never look at birds the same way! - Complete challenge mode on Pena by only using carnivores (medium difficulty or above)

 

Fast for a biped? - Reach 5 stars in Challenge mode in under 4 hours (hard difficulty or above)

 

Ratings Master - Get a dinosaur to reach 5000 or more rating

 

Fast for a biped seems the most difficult. Ratings Master seems the easiest. Just max out a carnivore and keep sending cannon fodder carnivores to battle it and lose. :P

4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 4:08 PM, Pirelli913 said:

Ratings Master - Get a dinosaur to reach 5000 or more rating

 

Fast for a biped seems the most difficult. Ratings Master seems the easiest. Just max out a carnivore and keep sending cannon fodder carnivores to battle it and lose. :P

Both the latest patch and DLC are out on PS4 now. The three trophies are here, too. I got Ratings Master earlier today. It's a bit of a grind, but won't take more than 3-4 hours and can be completed in sandbox mode on Isla Nublar (where I got it). I recommend using the Allosaurus as an unmodified one can take out most unmodded carnivores, so when you mod it up, it'll really help. My 450+ Allosaur killed a 600+ Indoraptor. I made a 3x3 sized pen with two hatcheries and kept incubating various carnivores to face my Allosaur. Large carnivores, when killed, will gift your dinosaur of choice between 200 and 400 points towards the needed 5,000 (except Ceratosaur which only gives 99 points). Another option is to spawn a lot of Dilophosaurs (since they incubate fast) and simply have an ACU chopper tranquilize them. Once they're knocked out, any large carnivore will kill them increasing their rating. Unfortunately, you'll only get around 60-80 points doing this, but it's fast as opposed to waiting for a dinosaur to kill another one.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/13/2018 at 4:08 PM, Pirelli913 said:

You'll never look at birds the same way! - Complete challenge mode on Pena by only using carnivores (medium difficulty or above)

 

I just got the You'll never look at birds the same way! trophy. It was surprisingly easy, although I did have to restart a few times. You'll need to make SIX enclosures and house TEN different carnivores within them. Best advice I can give is to do it on medium difficulty. I actually completed it in 2 hours, 53 minutes, which is 7 minutes quicker than the par time (although par time isn't required for this trophy).

 

The only carnivore you start with is Ceratosaurus, so you need to get 1 star with it. Unfortunately, this trophy might be difficult to do IF you don't have the Secrets of Dr. Wu DLC as that DLC gives you the Troodon. Without it, you only have Deinonychus, Dilophosaurus and Velociraptor as small carnivores. Each can be put with a large carnivore for THREE pens, but then you'll need FOUR more pens with four other dinosaurs to hit the variety bonus. With Troodon, because it's a small carnivore, it can be put with a large carnivore thereby removing one pen required.

 

I started with Ceratosaurus and then added Dilophosaurus to the same enclosure.

 

Then went with Baryonyx and Troodon in another.

 

And Deinonychus and Metriacanthosaurus in a third.

 

Then, in the one big area down south, I made one hatchery that branched off into three enclosures. I put T. Rex in one (although, in hindsight, I probably should've used another species with lower comfort), I put Carnotaurus in a second and then put Velociraptor and Suchomimus in the third.

 

I never once built an ACU center. and only needed 1 hotel.

 

15 hours ago, ComplicatedMC said:

I really thought I was done with this game forever but here I go downloading it for the third time lmao

 

Lol. Well, good news is these trophies don't seem overly difficult. I got two of them within 24 hours.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The thing I'm most excited about it isn't even in the DLC pack (which I didn't buy anyway) or the new challenges............I'm definitely excited to see if I can turn off social/population in sandbox mode and have a park thats just a walled off entrance area with loads of dinosaurs just roaming free outside it. Will save that for after I finish the 5000 rating trophy though.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You tried the hard challenge yet Pirelli? Main thing I've learned so far is you don't have time to mess around at the beginning. lol On medium difficulty I would take my time doing contracts and getting one or two of my dinos to 100% before I even hatched anything, that money vanishes so quick on hard and then your first dinosaur you hatch will get sick about .0005 seconds after coming out.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ComplicatedMC said:

You tried the hard challenge yet Pirelli? Main thing I've learned so far is you don't have time to mess around at the beginning. lol On medium difficulty I would take my time doing contracts and getting one or two of my dinos to 100% before I even hatched anything, that money vanishes so quick on hard and then your first dinosaur you hatch will get sick about .0005 seconds after coming out.

I actually did try it and would save after every star, but  when I had 4.8/4.9 stars, I couldn't pump out dinosaurs fast enough in the few minutes left to complete it in under 4 hours, so I'd reload a previous star and start from there, but same outcome.

 

So I started over completely. I'm hoping to learn from my previous mistakes. The two big mistakes I made were 1) giving dinosaurs modifications, which I recommended when going after the medium challenge trophy, and 2) researching items, like mods, I clearly don't need, which costs money I won't have later.

 

The biggest advice I can give is when you reach 2-3 stars (I forget which unlocks Diplodocus/Brachiosaurus), send dig teams to them and spawn them like crazy. You can have 8 Dips in a single pen and they boost your rating a lot, so you could theoretically put Dips in every pen as long as it doesn't go over the social cap for any other dinosaur and as long as the Dips are happy with the size pen they're in.

 

I saw another guide by someone on Xbox (since they got it a week earlier than PS4 users) and he said in pen 1, he had 6 trikes, 1 Edmontosaur and 2 Struthis to start, which pushed him over 1 star. I started with 1 Struthi at about 75% genome and when it got to 100%, I added 2 more. It makes you money early on. Then I went with 4 trikes and 1 Edmontosaur (the Edmontosaur is the worst because it gets sick so frequently, so spawn it last). With all those dinosaurs, I still didn't have 1 star and time was running close to when I got 1 star on my previous attempt, so I incubated 2 more trikes and released them and that pushed me over only a few seconds shy of 40 minutes. (If I have to start again, I'll incubate all the trikes as quickly as possible.)

 

Unlike when I did medium challenge mode for the other trophy, it took a month to complete because I was so panicked of completing it in under 3 hours, but this time, I'm more sure of myself, especially since coming so close a few times and just missing the mark. This time, I'm more sure of accomplishing it and plan to give it another go later today after I get home from the movies. I do recommend trying it on Matanceros because it has the shortest par time to complete hard mode.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah so you didn't mod dinosaurs the entire way then? Good to know, I did it the same way on medium. If I remember right, I didn't release a single carnivore on the medium challenge and just loaded on the giant sauropods because they give great value.

I gotta work tonight but I'm off early tomorrow due to the holiday so I'll probably give it another shot tonight or tomorrow night. I got annoyed with it and ended up just playing Spider-Man DLC. haha

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ComplicatedMC said:

Ah so you didn't mod dinosaurs the entire way then? Good to know, I did it the same way on medium. If I remember right, I didn't release a single carnivore on the medium challenge and just loaded on the giant sauropods because they give great value.

I gotta work tonight but I'm off early tomorrow due to the holiday so I'll probably give it another shot tonight or tomorrow night. I got annoyed with it and ended up just playing Spider-Man DLC. haha

My first attempt I did mod a few dinosaurs even though the other guide said to avoid it. They mentioned that mods boost the incubation cost A LOT and it's cheaper to go with an unmodded dinosaur and spawn a bunch than to go with one modded dinosaur and wait to get funds up again to spawn a second. This time, I won't mod a single dinosaur.

 

And I did the same thing: Played Spider-Man DLC all day yesterday. It was fun.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I forgot how FUN these challenges are.

Made five triceratops and was profiting around the 25 minute mark and just then all five got sick when I couldn't afford a ranger station, so I ended up selling my research center, building it, medicated the dinosaurs....and then realized that had eaten a ton of time and I was already nearing 40 minutes. Think I'll just start again tomorrow rather than get sucked into a save thats almost surely going to fail.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, ComplicatedMC said:

I forgot how FUN these challenges are.

 

I honestly thought you were serious until I read the rest of your post. Lol.

 

I'm in the process of attempting challenge mode again. I keep making stupid mistakes (like forgetting to put Dig Yield on my Expedition Center). I managed to achieve 1 star at 37 minutes this time. In the Challenge Mode Tips topic, I said to hit 1 star between 30-32 minutes, but that was on Medium and this is on Hard, so I'm happy with 37 minutes, especially since I kept going on or over 40 minutes previously.

 

I hit 2 stars around 1:32, another time I'm happy with, again because it used to take an hour (1:40) for me to hit 2 stars. Because of these two times, I'm hopeful to accomplish it today, but first, bed time...

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha yeah, I really enjoyed this game when I got it and platinum'ed it in a few days because I was having so much fun with it that I would play for hours and not even realize it.

Now I'm just like, spite-playing it because I want my 100% back. lol I played a bit this morning before work and got a good start...but once again my initial dinosaurs getting sick basically ruined my cash flow even though I had a ranger station at least up and ready this time. I think I'll google around for guides once I get home because I don't understand how you guys are making enough profit at the beginning to make it to 1 star. I usually build my main buildings + a pen and then two stores once I hatch my first dinosaur but I'm never getting more than 15 or so people in each store to actually gain any money so I'm totally reliant on getting good contracts.
 

I spoke too soon. I was super annoyed with the game so I used the 90,000 or so I had left to just make a bunch of strut's and released them all pretty quickly which pushed me to 1 star at 37 minutes. Now I have no research center and no money so I have no idea what I'm actually going to do now (more strut's?!?) but hey at least I'm making progress. lol

Edited by ComplicatedMC
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ComplicatedMC said:

Haha yeah, I really enjoyed this game when I got it and platinum'ed it in a few days because I was having so much fun with it that I would play for hours and not even realize it.

Now I'm just like, spite-playing it because I want my 100% back. lol I played a bit this morning before work and got a good start...but once again my initial dinosaurs getting sick basically ruined my cash flow even though I had a ranger station at least up and ready this time. I think I'll google around for guides once I get home because I don't understand how you guys are making enough profit at the beginning to make it to 1 star. I usually build my main buildings + a pen and then two stores once I hatch my first dinosaur but I'm never getting more than 15 or so people in each store to actually gain any money so I'm totally reliant on getting good contracts.
 

I spoke too soon. I was super annoyed with the game so I used the 90,000 or so I had left to just make a bunch of strut's and released them all pretty quickly which pushed me to 1 star at 37 minutes. Now I have no research center and no money so I have no idea what I'm actually going to do now (more strut's?!?) but hey at least I'm making progress. lol

 

The first thing you should build is the Small Power Station (because it takes the longest to construct). Follow that with Expedition Center and Fossil Center respectively. Connect all with Paths and don't forget to add a Substation. When all are operational, send dig teams to the Struthiomimus site. (You can easily tell when a dig team is returning because you'll hear the helicopter so listen for its return and be ready to send another dig team out ASAP.)

 

Build a Research Center. The first and second research items you should go for are the Restaurant and Clothes Shop. There are only three amenity buildings you need to get a 5 star facility rating: Restaurant, Clothes Shop and Arcade (the latter is unlocked at 3 stars I believe).

 

As you wait for the Struthi genome to get high enough, build a Hammond Creation Lab and 2x2 or 2x3 enclosure. Add Water and Ground Herbivore Feeder to prepare. You could even add a Viewing Gallery and another Substation (if needed), too, if you want. Connect the Viewing Gallery to the main path. Oh,and add a Gate to the fence.

 

When the dig team has exhausted its resources at the Struthi site, send the dig team to the site that has all three starting herbivores: Struthi, trike and Ed. Incubate ONE Struthi. Its genome should be between 75-80% now and incubate TWO more when it reaches 100%. Now would be a good time to build a Ranger Station.

 

When the dig team exhausts resources at the second site, send the team to the trike only site. At 100%, try and release two. Also, if you're comfortable with your funds, try and build both a Restaurant and Clothes Shop.

 

When I hit 1 star at 37 minutes, I had 3 Struthis (1 at 80% and 2 at 100%) and 4 trikes (all 100%). If you don't hit 1 star with those 7 dinosaurs, keep pumping out more. The guide I looked at said by the time he hit 5 stars, he had 1 Edmontosaurus, 2 Struthiomimuses, 3 Corythosaurus (unlocked at 1 star), and 6 Triceratops in his first pen. Note that I have 3 Struthis instead of his 2. When I hit 4.9 stars, one of my Sruthis had died.

 

When you hit 1 star, the FIRST research item you should go for is Research Team Bravo. When it finishes, immediately go for Dig Yield AND Expedition Team Bravo. They're literally right next to each other. When Dig Yield finishes being researched, PUT THREE on the Expedition Center ASAP.

 

HELPFUL TIP: Contracts suck in this game, so when you complete a contract and the contract giver is done talking, save your game. You'll be given a new contract immediately, but if you don't like it, you can load up your previous save. This will save a lot of time IN-GAME, but it may take 10 or more minutes in real life reloading and finding a contract you're happy with. You can even save your game on the screen where you have to choose which contract you want and if you're forced to reload, it'll reload seconds before that screen pops up again.

 

For instance, if you have 201 guests and the contract wants you to maintain guest count of 300 for 3 minutes, you know you won't have 300 for a while, so reload. On the flip side, if the contract is to prevent power outages for 10 minutes, accept because that contract is ongoing and you don't have to do anything for that 10 minutes except expand your park.

Edited by Pirelli913
Typo :P
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the trophy. And now I can enjoy Christmas. :yay:

 

1 star = 0:37

2 stars = 1:33

3 stars = 2:24

4 stars = 3:20

5 stars = 3:54

 

If you can beat these times or are just a minute over, you should be able to achieve your 5 star goal.

 

Pen 1: 1 Edmontosaurus, 3 Corythosaurus' (unlocked at 1 star), 3 Struthiomimuses, 6 Triceratops'

 

*Pen 2: 3 Ceratosaurus', 11 Dilophosaurus' (unlocked at 1 star and I think I meant to have 12, but forgot 1 lol)

 

Pen 3: 1 Ankylosaurus, 1 Crichtonsaurus, 3 Chungkingosaurus', 3 Huayangosaurus'

 

*Pen 4: 1 Brachiosaurus, 1 T. Rex (which pushed me over 5 stars when I hatched it at 3:54), 2 Velociraptors, 3 Camarasaurus', 8 Diplodocuses

 

*Pen 5: 3 Deinonychuses, 8 Diplodocuses

 

Pen 6: 3 Diplodocuses with 2 Velociraptors incubating in case the T. Rex failed me.

 

* Make sure you double fence in carnivores or use electric concrete wall. The Dilophosaurs especially will go berserk during a storm.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha that actually makes me feel worse, cause I was doing all that stuff you posted above. The only research I did was the clothes shop, restaurant and the extra power upgrade and I hit 1 star with 4 triceratops and 4 strut's. Thinking maybe I made my pens too big and wasted too much money on that, plus I was pretty unlucky with my contracts (they kept trying to give me ones to release carnivores, which I definitely wasn't ready to do.)

Just got home from work so I'll give it another shot from scratch with smaller pens to start off with and doing the contract reloading bit.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm definitely going to have to start over somewhere in the middle of my save. Got to 3 stars at 2:30 and did the Deinonychuses which proceeded to break a million fences. Not going to even bother with them again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ComplicatedMC said:

I'm definitely going to have to start over somewhere in the middle of my save. Got to 3 stars at 2:30 and did the Deinonychuses which proceeded to break a million fences. Not going to even bother with them again.

You'll get it eventually. It does take some trial and error. I think I restarted three times. Just remember your mistakes and try and correct them the next time. (Note: I tried to remember my mistakes and I still made them the next time. Lol.)

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

haha I got it a few hours later, what a pain. I was trying to follow your pen layout and then said forget it and just did my own thing. lol For anyone reading this, I was 10 minutes or so behind Pirelli's times up to 3 stars and I still ended up getting 5 stars at 3:45, so don't freak out as long as you aren't WAY behind them.

Ended up with I believe:

Pen 1: Same as yours, but 2 of my Strut's died late so I replaced them with 2 more Corythosaurus.
Pen 2: 1 Ankylosaurus, 4 Chungkingosaurus, 3 Huayangosaurus
Pen 3: 4 Brachiosaurus, 7 Camarasaurus, 8 Diplodocus

Pen 4: 3 Ceratosaurus, 12 Dilophosaurus
Pen 5: 4 Apatosaurus, 12 Stegosaurus

Some more general tips I don't think you mentioned above:

Feel free to demolish your research center early in the game if you've gotten everything you needed for the current star rating you're on. Money was REALLY tight for me up until I hit 3 stars since the stores make almost no money before that so if I really needed to release more dinosaurs or pay for medicating dinosaurs I'd go ahead and delete it for the 300k refund to use.

In terms of things I researched, I skipped all the modifcations entirely like you did, and I also only researched medications if I actually needed them. I cut it a bit close a couple of times in terms of curing dinosaurs but it worked out. Also transport doesn't factor into the rating at all, so I didn't bother getting the train station. I did research a few more of the stores though, I've found if you only put down clothes and restaurants everywhere then you don't make as much money from them. Guess the AI likes variety? I put a fast food place and an arcade on my second viewing center, a bowling alley, gift shop and restaurant at my third and I don't think I even made viewing galleries at my last two pens.

Edited by ComplicatedMC
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ComplicatedMC said:

haha I got it a few hours later, what a pain. I was trying to follow your pen layout and then said forget it and just did my own thing. lol For anyone reading this, I was 10 minutes or so behind Pirelli's times up to 3 stars and I still ended up getting 5 stars at 3:45, so don't freak out as long as you aren't WAY behind them.

Ended up with I believe:

Pen 1: Same as yours, but 2 of my Strut's died late so I replaced them with 2 more Corythosaurus.
Pen 2: 1 Ankylosaurus, 4 Chungkingosaurus, 3 Huayangosaurus
Pen 3: 4 Brachiosaurus, 7 Camarasaurus, 8 Diplodocus

Pen 4: 3 Ceratosaurus, 12 Dilophosaurus
Pen 5: 4 Apatosaurus, 12 Stegosaurus

Nice. For some reason, I have a tendency to slack off after achieving 4 stars. That final star always gets me. Same thing happened when I went after the trophy to complete medium in 3 hours. Really hoping this is it for trophies. Although, I did hear Frontier were having some JWE photo contest with the winner to be drawn in early to mid January. Seems like they'll be continuing to patch it and/or update it for a while. IF more trophies are added, I hope it's nothing to do with challenge mode...

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Pirelli913 said:

Nice. For some reason, I have a tendency to slack off after achieving 4 stars. That final star always gets me. Same thing happened when I went after the trophy to complete medium in 3 hours. Really hoping this is it for trophies. Although, I did hear Frontier were having some JWE photo contest with the winner to be drawn in early to mid January. Seems like they'll be continuing to patch it and/or update it for a while. IF more trophies are added, I hope it's nothing to do with challenge mode...

I'm still planning to do the last trophy on this DLC but I agree 100%. I've gone from loving this game to absolutely hating it. lol

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.