Spyro/Crash Bundle now available

kidson2004

46 minutes ago, kidson2004 said:

https://youtu.be/QUgkCR1eBFw

I saw this coming and im glad I waited. 

You're glad you waited? 

I'm glad I didn't, because I got Crash day one for a steal through a deal, and Spyro for only 39 bucks (RRP 69) day one as well, neither set has dropped to 39 since. I also got Crash on Switch for like 20 bucks or something day one too, which is crazy.

So you're glad you waited to get the same games, on the same discs, with the same download required bullshit, but for a higher price than you would have paid if you kept your eye out for deals and bought day one? Like unless they pull an incredibly surprising move and make it decent value, which, spoiler alert: it's Activision, they won't, then this is just another move to keep the money train rolling into Christmas. 

Spyro is going for 50 at most places right now here (on sale), Crash is about the same, so it'd be 100 to buy them individually right now at the best retail store price available, I can't imagine the bundle would be anything less than that, considering they both still have an RRP of 70, if anything, the best you could hope for is the bundle to be 100 bucks and have them call it a discount despite the fact you could buy them on their own for that price with relative ease.

Now sure, the cost will be different in your region, but it's all relative. If game 1 costs 20 bucks and game 2 costs 20 bucks but they are on sale all the time for 15 each, a bundle with both of them included for 30 is no real spectacular deal, is it?

All up, I would have paid less than 100 for two copies of Crash and my copy of Spyro. Day one deals are the way to go these days, at least here anyway.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kidson2004 said:

https://youtu.be/QUgkCR1eBFw

I saw this coming and im glad I waited. 

ooh! amazon has it listed at $60 for xbone, and if that's true for ps4, it sounds like a good deal to me. i haven't gotten around to picking up either bundle yet, so thanks for the heads up!

Edited by danceswithsloths

8 hours ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

You're glad you waited? 

I'm glad I didn't, because I got Crash day one for a steal through a deal, and Spyro for only 39 bucks (RRP 69) day one as well, neither set has dropped to 39 since. I also got Crash on Switch for like 20 bucks or something day one too, which is crazy.

So you're glad you waited to get the same games, on the same discs, with the same download required bullshit, but for a higher price than you would have paid if you kept your eye out for deals and bought day one? Like unless they pull an incredibly surprising move and make it decent value, which, spoiler alert: it's Activision, they won't, then this is just another move to keep the money train rolling into Christmas. 

Spyro is going for 50 at most places right now here (on sale), Crash is about the same, so it'd be 100 to buy them individually right now at the best retail store price available, I can't imagine the bundle would be anything less than that, considering they both still have an RRP of 70, if anything, the best you could hope for is the bundle to be 100 bucks and have them call it a discount despite the fact you could buy them on their own for that price with relative ease.

Now sure, the cost will be different in your region, but it's all relative. If game 1 costs 20 bucks and game 2 costs 20 bucks but they are on sale all the time for 15 each, a bundle with both of them included for 30 is no real spectacular deal, is it?

All up, I would have paid less than 100 for two copies of Crash and my copy of Spyro. Day one deals are the way to go these days, at least here anyway.

Yes I am glad I waited on this. Like most games these days, in some (if not most) cases, stuff like this happens. Look at some of the games that came out just barely a couple of months ago, they’re now on sale for almost half off!! I’m in no rush to pick these up in all honesty. The bundle cost less than $60 here in the US. And if I am to be even more honest: I’ve never played either game series ever, so I’m happy that this bundled deal came out so I can pick it up whenever and enjoy at my own pace. 

Edited by kidson2004
  • Like 1