Anyway for us to register our anger at Square Enix?

Twohands108

2 minutes ago, Twohands108 said:

2. Whilst there was mention of a standalone version there was no mention of this stopping you from completing the main game.

They actually announced that at the same time as the standalone version of Comrades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, you wouldn't have gotten a nickel from me, so there. I feel for people who are affected by this. I hate this new world of "server closures" and whatnot, and sympathize with those who are getting hit by it. 

But the first response to the OP is spot-on. Square has shown little interest in its customer base. In fact, I would say that Square has been worse than the likes of Activision or EA in that regard. Sending a strongly-worded letter likely will do nothing. But not buying their products hits them where it hurts.

Agree wholeheartedly about server closures. Luckily I finished, or I'd feel taken advantage of after spending over $100 on an unfinished game.

32 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

They gave everyone notice several months in advance, which was relatively generous compared to many other server shutdown notices, and then gave the standalone version out for free for those who already owned it. What more do you want from them? Give your head a shake.

I paid money for a game that, when released, was unfinished. I'm not going to pretend I'm gracious for something I never even really received as promised. 

But never mind that, I've had a revelation concerning elitist gamer mindsets and the benefits of staring down your collective noses at those less fortunate. 

From now on I'm going to recommend every single comment deriding/mocking those who "had plenty of time". 

If you can't beat'em, join'em!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Twohands108 said:

I just wondered if anyone had some ideas where those angry at the ff15 list becoming unobtainable or nearly unobtainable could go to complain?

To actually answer your question, you can comment on their website or Twitter page. Let them know you're displeased. Can't say it'll make a difference, but at least someone will see it.

2 minutes ago, scabab said:

They're just trophies they aren't worth getting that worked up over.

Exactly, and they had plenty of time to complete it at that. No one to blame but themselves really. 

50 minutes ago, angelgrievous said:

I thought I had more time.  Guess I'll be sitting on it incomplete.  Oh well.  Thanks for the reply Lakota.

No problem :)

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Twohands108 said:

You're a bundle of joy! Always love someone who is sad enough to comment on a post just to be unhelpful.

I'm a very big bundle of joy, you should see me on weekends! But calling me sad isn't going to get your trophies and neither will complaining to Squire Enix. There was information on the multiplayer becoming standalone for a long time, there was multiple threads made on the subject too. Honestly if you just assumed it was only going to effect the Japanese version of the game and not others that's not very realistic even more so for us gamers. If we even see the words "severs closing" we all go into a panic and work out asses to get them done as soon as possible. It's not like it's impossible getting the trophies either, there is workarounds so you can still get them! 

2 minutes ago, scabab said:

They're just trophies they aren't worth getting that worked up over.

Dude just don't, this is our hobby it means more to some of us then others.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Twohands108 said:

I just wondered if anyone had some ideas where those angry at the ff15 list becoming unobtainable or nearly unobtainable could go to complain?

I wish we could.We still can't even get the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 + Platinum after all those years because of two trophies that are not possible to get.I tried talking with Team Ninja but nothing happened.I would not be suprised If Square Enix does the same.