Anyway for us to register our anger at Square Enix?

Twohands108

11 hours ago, TheLakota said:

they devote to earning digital timestamps and that oh-so-brief rush of dopamine

I have heard about this natural high, I clearly need to cut back on the cocaine 

11 hours ago, TheLakota said:

Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

lol, beautiful.

Edited by Cjshai

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 4:10 PM, TheLakota said:

And they really have no one to blame but themselves. After all, they had plenty of time to get the trophies out of the way before server closure. Sad really, but again it's really no one's fault but their own. Never mind the fact they paid actual money for a service that lasted approximately a year before its untimely demise; time was of the essence, and they did not manage their time properly, but they had plenty of it to go around. To the best of my knowledge, they could have spent roughly thirty minutes a day grinding kw while Googling semi-obscure weapon builds to better assist them in their quest for glory. Fact of the matter is, though, that they had plenty of time, and by plenty of time I mean copious amounts of seconds and minutes, not to mention an ocean's worth of attoseconds to get this done. What I mean to say is when all is said and done, there's really no excuses when it comes to server closures and the amount of time -- or lack thereof in their case -- they devote to earning digital timestamps and that oh-so-brief rush of dopamine. Time, while on their side, is most certainly relative and open to interpretation, though the consensus reached today amongst the elite indicates its not that relative where trophies are concerned. If you think about it, players are constantly ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. They laze around the house, frittering and wasting the hours in an off-hand way. Somehow instead of focusing on the task at hand -- earning trophies before server closure, duh -- they can be seen kicking around on a piece of ground in their home town, waiting for someone to open up a gaming session to sate their laziness. These pasty ghouls are tired of lying in the sunshine as they'd rather stay home to watch the rain (and subsequently bitch about not having enough time to earn their precious timestamps). Don't forget though that you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today, just not as much as developers may have led you to believe initially bae. And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you, with Killzone 2 languishing in your backlog. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun so you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, it's sinking because you were too fucking lazy and had plenty of time to earn those trophies but you didn't because you're lazy and undeserving of life. And here come my elitist brethren, racing around to come up behind and lap you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older now, wiser, longer in the tooth from years of experience managing backlogs and vapid internet elites. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death, you should've spent more time on that treadmill instead of wasting time not getting trophies you had plenty of time for. Every year is getting shorter, and you never seem to find the time to regularly game, what with having a fucking life and all to live, not to mention taxes to pay and food to put on the table for loved ones because you actually have some responsibility. But nay, plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines and notes meant to lead you to that last treasure for the 1.24% ultra rare. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way; the time is gone, the song is over and I'd thought I'd something more to say. Home, Home again: I like to be here when I can(shit, Sony canceled that too! But I had plenty of time so I can't complain, no?) When I come home, cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones beside the fire and bathe in the tears of those less fortunate -- or should I say, those too lazy to put forth the required time and effort to earn that which I myself have -- far away across the field, tolling on the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.

I'll give a digital cookie to the first person who reads this in its entirety. Remember, though: you have plenty of time to do this. If you fail, you have no one to blame but yourself, really.

Quoted in it's entirety.

Reason: Best. Post. Ever.

• Like 1

How long do we have until that post goes down? So I can work out the minimum number of words per day I have to read. I can set myself a quota to keep ahead of so i finish in time with a few days spare just in case.

Saying that, I never turn away a helpful soul who helps me get through it all faster, so I don’t have to look up each word in a dictionary or thesaurus and have to work out the meaning, I’m not sure I’d get that done in time, as I do work 9 - 5, Mon - Fri and the family expects some of my time evenings and weekends.

Oh I here them calling now... some seasonal holiday I’m expected to spend time with them on away from the games console, they just don’t understand the timescales I’m under and the bonuses game Devs give out at this time... for some reason.

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2018 at 8:10 AM, TheLakota said:

And they really have no one to blame but themselves. After all, they had plenty of time to get the trophies out of the way before server closure. Sad really, but again it's really no one's fault but their own. Never mind the fact they paid actual money for a service that lasted approximately a year before its untimely demise; time was of the essence, and they did not manage their time properly, but they had plenty of it to go around. To the best of my knowledge, they could have spent roughly thirty minutes a day grinding kw while Googling semi-obscure weapon builds to better assist them in their quest for glory. Fact of the matter is, though, that they had plenty of time, and by plenty of time I mean copious amounts of seconds and minutes, not to mention an ocean's worth of attoseconds to get this done. What I mean to say is when all is said and done, there's really no excuses when it comes to server closures and the amount of time -- or lack thereof in their case -- they devote to earning digital timestamps and that oh-so-brief rush of dopamine. Time, while on their side, is most certainly relative and open to interpretation, though the consensus reached today amongst the elite indicates its not that relative where trophies are concerned. If you think about it, players are constantly ticking away the moments that make up a dull day. They laze around the house, frittering and wasting the hours in an off-hand way. Somehow instead of focusing on the task at hand -- earning trophies before server closure, duh -- they can be seen kicking around on a piece of ground in their home town, waiting for someone to open up a gaming session to sate their laziness. These pasty ghouls are tired of lying in the sunshine as they'd rather stay home to watch the rain (and subsequently bitch about not having enough time to earn their precious timestamps). Don't forget though that you are young and life is long and there is time to kill today, just not as much as developers may have led you to believe initially bae. And then the one day you find ten years have got behind you, with Killzone 2 languishing in your backlog. No one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun so you run and you run to catch up with the sun but it's sinking, it's sinking because you were too fucking lazy and had plenty of time to earn those trophies but you didn't because you're lazy and undeserving of life. And here come my elitist brethren, racing around to come up behind and lap you again. The sun is the same in a relative way, but you're older now, wiser, longer in the tooth from years of experience managing backlogs and vapid internet elites. Shorter of breath and one day closer to death, you should've spent more time on that treadmill instead of wasting time not getting trophies you had plenty of time for. Every year is getting shorter, and you never seem to find the time to regularly game, what with having a fucking life and all to live, not to mention taxes to pay and food to put on the table for loved ones because you actually have some responsibility. But nay, plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines and notes meant to lead you to that last treasure for the 1.24% ultra rare. Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way; the time is gone, the song is over and I'd thought I'd something more to say. Home, Home again: I like to be here when I can(shit, Sony canceled that too! But I had plenty of time so I can't complain, no?) When I come home, cold and tired, it's good to warm my bones beside the fire and bathe in the tears of those less fortunate -- or should I say, those too lazy to put forth the required time and effort to earn that which I myself have -- far away across the field, tolling on the iron bell calls the faithful to their knees to hear the softly spoken magic spell.

I'll give a digital cookie to the first person who reads this in its entirety. Remember, though: you have plenty of time to do this. If you fail, you have no one to blame but yourself, really.

You can say this to any online game with trophies.

I have no sympathy for people who wait until the last minute to get those online trophies, then bitch and complain when they realize that it's either too late or they take more skill and effort than they expected.

Warhawk's online servers have been up for over 10 years, as a matter of fact 11 - 12 years to be precise. The journey is long, difficult, and strenuous. If someone I know obtained the platinum, good for them. But I'm not going to beat myself up over it knowing that I will never attain that platinum or I can't get all the DLC trophies done.

Uncharted 2 and 3 are a great example. It was probably better that people started those games back in 2009 and 2011 respectively. But it's now 2019 and when Naughty Dog finally announces they are going to shut down the online servers, people on this website are going to bitch, moan, complain and panic because they are now facing a bunch of online trophies that they may or may not get.

It was very depressing to watch all these over privileged, over fed, spoiled rotten pricks bitch about Killzone 2. They knew the online servers were going to shut down, they had a decade's worth of time to go after those online trophies, it's their fault for not jumping on them much sooner. Some trophy hunters are so fucking entitled they feel that these companies owe them a favor by reopening the online servers just so they can obtain those online trophies, or make certain trophies a lot easier.

Demon's Souls is another good example. People don't want to go through the grind of getting all those items themselves, instead they want to trade with others to get those trophies much quicker. Well tough tittie, tough shit. Either earn those trophies the long, hard way, or don't bother with the game at all.

It would be nice if these spoiled brats had their gaming consoles taken away from them and were forced to work minimum wage, live paycheck to paycheck, and experience the real world. You put them in that situation, a lot less of them would be bitching about trivial shit and put their priorities into things that actually matter.

Some of these kids are too self entitled and spoiled for their own good.

Edited by Spaz

59 minutes ago, Spaz said:

I don't really understand sarcasm. 

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH.

I did however love in particular the "very depressing to watch all these over privileged, over fed, spoiled rotten pricks bitch about Killzone 2" comment you felt the need to make. You keep doing you boo; I need a good laugh every now and then.

2 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

I did however love in particular the "very depressing to watch all these over privileged, over fed, spoiled rotten pricks bitch about Killzone 2" comment you felt the need to make. You keep doing you boo; I need a good laugh every now and then.

Don't assume I don't know sarcasm. I'm just not a guy that uses it.

But... I support your point.

Just because I rant and rave on here doesn't mean I'm always that way.