Expansion and gold edition difference?

adam1984123

H2 Standard + Expansion (Season Pass) = Gold Edition

If you just own H1, buying the Expansion is not enough to unlock the H2 Levels.

If you just want the H2 Levels, buy the H2 Standard Edition.

If you want everything, buy the Gold Edition.

(Plus there is another GotY-Legacy upgrade, which unlocks the Patient Zero Campaign, introduced in H1's "late cycle". No trophies for this in either H1 or H2, though.)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, EstebanFox said:

can you 100% with the standard edition?

If you own Hitman 1, you (currently) can 100%. This is because you either need Hitman 1 or the GOTY upgrade to unlock the Hitman 1 Legacy levels in Hitman 2, which have trophies attached to them.

However, when expansions 1 + 2 come to Hitman 2, there’s a 99.999% chance they include trophies, so in the long-run you’ll need the expansions to get 100% in the game.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Same concern for me. There's so many different editions for this game on the store that I'm totally lost, I don't know what to buy.

I want 100% on everything, hitman 1 & 2 levels + all dlc (including the other list for "additional expansions")

I already own Hitman 1 because it was offered last year with PS+ (i don't know what edition it was) and I was able to 100% the first season with it, but I don't know if it's enough to unlock these levels in hitman 2.

So what exactly do I need to buy to 100% the whole second season? Is Gold Edition enough ? It doesn't say what it contains on the ps store page.

Hitman Legacy FAQ

https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-legacy-faq/

For Hitman 2, you need the Gold edition (base + expansion pass) if you want all the Hitman 2 maps. Hitman 1 maps, see the FAQ.

If you get it on sale (which happens often), it's a lot of game for less than $30. I had a great time getting 100%. H1 is more difficult though, SA rules are more strict.

Great, thanks for the info. I'll get the gold edition when there's a sale then, no way I'm paying $100 for a game no matter how good it is.

What a mess, this wouldn't happen if they released a full game instead of a scattered bullshit like that, it's like building a furniture from ikea. Just buying this game is harder than getting the actual trophies in it.