Hard Mode

Hi all,

Quick question on this - I'm getting huge scores on tracks on hard mode (and have cleared a couple with "Brilliant"), but now no tracks are even clearing at all, let alone simply "Stage Clear"! 

I must be doing something wrong somewhere but finding it very odd, the scores I am getting are close to 1,750,000 with no misses or chain breaks so have no idea what more I can do...

Are you triggering Fever? Have you double-checked what support/challenge modifiers you have enabled? It doesn't seem like a difficulty spike would affect you if you've been clearing tracks on Brilliant so far, so I can't think of anything else other than some strange glitch.

Are you using the modifier for "Good" not to break the combo? I can tell you, the rating is not based on you score at all.

You will get King Crazy if you only have Perfects and Greats. To be granted Brilliant you are not allowed to have too many "Goods". I can't tell you the exact number, but I would suggest you use Auto Scratch modifier which makes the game a whole lot enjoyable in my opinion and focus only on the 6 notes.

So I'll tell you this as a person who king crazied about half on hard in my first go. I play on All night exclusively and try king crazying everything on that. So far only on a few. Unlike P4 where Brilliant comes with a score total. In P3 and P5 it's goods and misses. I noticed no matter if I have no goods and a perfect combo apart from missing 2. If you have more than 1 miss you'll always get stage clear. If you miss scratches it's considered a miss even though it doesn't tell you. What you do is count the notes it has tallied. If it doesn't add up to the songs total. You're likely scratching to early or missing it entirely. P4D decides on stage clear and brilliants different than P3D and P5D

To SnowNinja
Just turn on R1 and L1 scratch. It's easy and makes it fun. Auto scratch makes the game way too easy on harder difficulties. Especially when Hard is already easy. The original way of scratching is just dumb though. It's not even hard. It's just wasted energy and forcing your hands to move so far for no reason. 

On 12/15/2018 at 8:50 AM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Are you using the modifier for "Good" not to break the combo? I can tell you, the rating is not based on you score at all.

You will get King Crazy if you only have Perfects and Greats. To be granted Brilliant you are not allowed to have too many "Goods". I can't tell you the exact number, but I would suggest you use Auto Scratch modifier which makes the game a whole lot enjoyable in my opinion and focus only on the 6 notes.

There's Auto Scratch? I might actually play the new games again.

5 minutes ago, TJ_Solo said:

There's Auto Scratch? I might actually play the new games again.

Yes, you can unlock it pretty quickly and it won't harm your score that bad (I think it reduces your score by like 9% only).

I had big problems on hard when trying to scratch all the time but with auto scratch I found the game to be way more enjoyable.

On 12/17/2018 at 8:16 PM, SnowNinjaRaccoon said:

Yes, you can unlock it pretty quickly and it won't harm your score that bad (I think it reduces your score by like 9% only).

I had big problems on hard when trying to scratch all the time but with auto scratch I found the game to be way more enjoyable.

Thanks again. It was a lot more fun playing this game with Auto-Scratch on. I still prefer P4DAN tho

On 12/17/2018 at 7:55 PM, Teflon02 said:

So I'll tell you this as a person who king crazied about half on hard in my first go. I play on All night exclusively and try king crazying everything on that. So far only on a few. Unlike P4 where Brilliant comes with a score total. In P3 and P5 it's goods and misses. I noticed no matter if I have no goods and a perfect combo apart from missing 2. If you have more than 1 miss you'll always get stage clear. If you miss scratches it's considered a miss even though it doesn't tell you. What you do is count the notes it has tallied. If it doesn't add up to the songs total. You're likely scratching to early or missing it entirely. P4D decides on stage clear and brilliants different than P3D and P5D

I'm inclined to agree with Teflon here after going through p3/5, it's not like p4 where you pass just by having the crowd at green+ hype level. Now it's all about note hits and quality. If you have a great run, but miss 4 in a row halfway through the song, you will not clear the song. In the results you'll see a huge dive at some point in your history. It's not like p4 where you pass just by having the crowd at green+ hype level.

1 hour ago, Wedjwants said:

Yeah I think I'm not going to get the Platinum - got all trophies now except the "see Yukari & Junpei dances", and the two for Aigis and the main character because of the All Night difficulty ones, simply can't clear the stages!

you just need to trigger the fever for the characters. I think turning on auto scratch and dance continues even when failed should be enough. 

auto scratch and 1 button mode supports can get you stage clears on All Night. You can cheese stages by button mashing. 

Edited by TJ_Solo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...