More cash and gold gifts incoming.

MidnightDragon

Rockstar will be gifting everyone who plays between now and the 20th 15 gold bars. In addition, starting next week, Special Edition owners will get a $100 gift while ultimate edition owners get $1,000. On top of that, anyone who preordered any edition gets $100 more.

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/60762/Red-Dead-Online-Beta-Status-Update-Dec-14

I got my gold tonight.

36 minutes ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

So if i'm buying the Ultimate Editon today. I'm still eligible for the cash gift ?

It's on sale in my area. So maybe i will sell my normal copy. And buy the Ultimate Edition.

Really hate the economy system in RDR2!

Maybe. They didn't specify a time frame.

51 minutes ago, Franciscoo- said:

I got 15 gold bars as well, already have more than 50 ^_^

Same. Don't really see anything to spend them on right now, so gonna hold onto them.

I had bars leftover, so I bought a feminine take on Dutch's outfit for my character: Western Homburg Hat, Neat String Tie, Classic Frock Coat, Paisley Vest, French Dress Shirt, Fine Leather Suspenders, Riding Gloves, Cuffed Town Pants, Stovepipe Square Toe Boots, Western Rider Spurs, Woven Gun Belt, and Woven Holster. Then I nickel-plated both of my revolvers and gave one pearl grips and the other ebony grips.

3 hours ago, ExquisiteSteez said:

So if i'm buying the Ultimate Editon today. I'm still eligible for the cash gift ?

It's on sale in my area. So maybe i will sell my normal copy. And buy the Ultimate Edition.

Really hate the economy system in RDR2!

They said those who pre-ordered or purchased the Ultimate Edition so yes you should get the cash. 

Honestly, it's not money I have an issue with in this game. It that almost everything I'm interested in are behind some ridiculously high rank unlock. And leveling up is really, really, slow in the game. Oh well, I don't mind the free $1000 though. I bought the Ultimate Edition for the steelbook anyways, so these are nice bonus. Still doesn't make up for the gold bar economy.

I got another 15 gold bars last night. I now have 63. And $1504 dollars left after buying some more cloths lol

I think I'm going to save the gold and see if they add more stuff to buy later on.

14 hours ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

Honestly, it's not money I have an issue with in this game. It that almost everything I'm interested in are behind some ridiculously high rank unlock. And leveling up is really, really, slow in the game. Oh well, I don't mind the free $1000 though. I bought the Ultimate Edition for the steelbook anyways, so these are nice bonus. Still doesn't make up for the gold bar economy.

If you have friends do the stranger missions. We have a posse of 2 and sometimes even up to 5 people.

The missions can get you 0.04 , 0.08 sometimes even 0.12 gold, 315 to 400 xp and $15 to $20. They take about 5 minutes and are fun.

5 hours ago, SuzyRed said:

I got another 15 gold bars last night. I now have 63. And $1504 dollars left after buying some more cloths lol

I think I'm going to save the gold and see if they add more stuff to buy later on.

If you have friends do the stranger missions. We have a posse of 2 and sometimes even up to 5 people.

The missions can get you 0.04 , 0.08 sometimes even 0.12 gold, 315 to 400 xp and $15 to $20. They take about 5 minutes and are fun.

I've been having this weird issue where when I start stranger missions, once the mini-cutscene ends, no mission objectives are added to my map and it acts as if I'm still in free roam. Haven't been able to initiate missions for a while now.

1 hour ago, Golden Devil Gamer said:

I've been having this weird issue where when I start stranger missions, once the mini-cutscene ends, no mission objectives are added to my map and it acts as if I'm still in free roam. Haven't been able to initiate missions for a while now.

We had that last week. It would only work if you were not in a posse. This week it has been working ok. Sometimes you have to walk away and wait a few seconds.

I just tested out the online part again, and I joined and got killed right away for no reason.
But I did got the gold as well, I also heared they are going to make an update to prevent griefers or something.
I realy hope on private sessions so you can play with friends only.
Still to many griefers... back to single players again for me.

I wish there was a way to make some $ ingame so I can buy a propper gun (Lancaster Repeater) to defend myself.

I would like to keep the gold, and spend it on a cool horse later on.
Was thinking about the Stadardbred or something, but I haven't decided. But that is also becasue I realy like the horse racing online.

What also would be coool if they add that, if you have a second horse at the stables that it will be shown grazing next to your camp. And you can switch the horses out over there as well (maybe as an upgrade). It would make the camp more alive and personal.
Or get a NPC that works for you. Like Pearson. Or one that goes into town to sell stuff (hides, loot) you gave him/her.

Edited by NL_Sion

On 12/22/2018 at 6:03 AM, NL_Sion said:

I just tested out the online part again, and I joined and got killed right away for no reason.
But I did got the gold as well, I also heared they are going to make an update to prevent griefers or something.
I realy hope on private sessions so you can play with friends only.
Still to many griefers... back to single players again for me.

I wish there was a way to make some $ ingame so I can buy a propper gun (Lancaster Repeater) to defend myself.

I know right!!! A crappy Repeater & pistol is all i have to defend from people throwing dynamite and firebottles & running at me with machette's while it takes me 4 headshots to kill the bastards. And for some reason, i thought the rank unlocks were free. I mean i only have 16.52 in Gold & i'm expected to pay 3 bars for a Bow and 5 bars for a Varmint rifle??

Rockstar knows how to trash a really good game & all this crap is for one reason: to get you into microtransactions. That too is very unfair imho. The wealthy people basically get all the fun perks of the game without even making a dent in their wallet.

Whereas I have to decide: $20 in gold or NEW Game entirely?? HMMMMMMMM!

And these goddamn dishonorable players (greivers) -- last night i couldnt hunt shit cus these assholes were literally chasing me down & killing me after every respawn.

They did the treasure hunts just like GTA Online i noticed. I had a treasure hunt in Bard's Crossing. Chest on map was under a railroad. The actual treasure was on an island. Far from the actual map location.

Anyone wanna join my Posse THE UNFORGIVEN add me @dokkanexpert.

Edited by dokkanexpert
Have some Goddamn Faith!

2 hours ago, dokkanexpert said:

I know right!!! A crappy Repeater & pistol is all i have to defend from people throwing dynamite and firebottles & running at me with machette's while it takes me 4 headshots to kill the bastards. And for some reason, i thought the rank unlocks were free. I mean i only have 16.52 in Gold & i'm expected to pay 3 bars for a Bow and 5 bars for a Varmint rifle??

Rockstar knows how to trash a really good game & all this crap is for one reason: to get you into microtransactions. That too is very unfair imho. The wealthy people basically get all the fun perks of the game without even making a dent in their wallet.

Whereas I have to decide: $20 in gold or NEW Game entirely?? HMMMMMMMM!

And these goddamn dishonorable players (greivers) -- last night i couldnt hunt shit cus these assholes were literally chasing me down & killing me after every respawn.

I decided to hunt birds small animals, anything that was bigger and was put on the back of my horse got stolen 50% of the time by somebody at the butcher.
Finally made enough money to buy the Lancaster Repeater and the game got better to play for me. I know how to do headshots, but that starting guns you could target a head an the other Players would only have 1/4 damage. But they could kill you in one shot.... ?

But now I can propperly defend myself.
Already shot a griefer with it that wanted to target me while I was fishing.