Jump to content

Vanquisher of Villainy Strategy


Recommended Posts

Wow.  Seems like the Ravus/Ardyn fight was designed specifically to take out those who overpowered their characters with lances/str/vit/double pen x.  the one hit kill seems to be random.  I helped kill ravus while heavily attacking him and running when ardyn shows up in the neighborhood.  Other times, Ravus wipes me out before I can even get going.  Seems like the main strategy is to either warp-strike / defend /  evade / run / warp-strike to the top of the pillar or to use magic instead of warp-striking.  I am not a magic user though so I don't know if that actually works given the 5,000+ spirit those guys have.  If only there is a way to regularly trigger the warp-strike chain...

 

I am enjoying this challenge.

 

Thoughts?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Last night I pretty much got carried through the entire fight (shoutouts to Gio) by someone using Aerial Ace, my guess is he was using something like Sidestep too because he was doing a good job at not getting hit.. Dude had a beast build, too. Over 2500 Strength, like 1500 Spirit for healing and around 4000 HP. I went in with a somewhat subpar build just because I wanted to test how I'd do as a healer, but we got 2 AI party members so it didn't go as I expected.

 

During that attempt Ardyn seemed more dangerous than Ravus, because once Ardyn went down the fight got a hell of a lot easier, we didn't even get 1 shot by Ravus IIRC. At that point it seemed more like a matter of patience because my damage wasn't great and it was the other dude doing all the work by himself, I was just trying to keep him healed/buffed but he was on point even with that lol.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 2:59 PM, StrangeInStereo said:

Last night I pretty much got carried through the entire fight (shoutouts to Gio) by someone using Aerial Ace, my guess is he was using something like Sidestep too because he was doing a good job at not getting hit.. Dude had a beast build, too. Over 2500 Strength, like 1500 Spirit for healing and around 4000 HP. I went in with a somewhat subpar build just because I wanted to test how I'd do as a healer, but we got 2 AI party members so it didn't go as I expected.

 

During that attempt Ardyn seemed more dangerous than Ravus, because once Ardyn went down the fight got a hell of a lot easier, we didn't even get 1 shot by Ravus IIRC. At that point it seemed more like a matter of patience because my damage wasn't great and it was the other dude doing all the work by himself, I was just trying to keep him healed/buffed but he was on point even with that lol.

Gio carried me last night too!!

 

(We'll I did like 50k damage and he did like 150k, so I wasn't completely dead weight).

 

He was already level 99 with me, so I guess he's still grinding out trying to get the outfit (hope you got it, dude!). I'm pretty sure he didn't get hit a single time in the whole fight.

Edited by Milktastrophe
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Decided to try it last night never have much luck meeting randoms playing. Got matched up with gio who was considerably lower level then me but he proceeded to kick the bosses ass. He finished the white one basically on his own with some hits from me. At this point boss went down I started attacking black and got downed. Spent rest of match watching him beat the black boss while I hide and ran. Lame strategy on my part but I just wanted this finished. Gio you Awsome thanks to you I can play something else until this gets more trophys if that’ll d ever happen. Thank you 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I went in with a full random team and out of everyone just me and another player went in guns blazing and they did well but died and me and the other players would teleport to the points on the ceiling then teleport attack ravus or ardyn get in a good combo till our bar was empty then go back to the ceiling to auto heal and get our energy back and kept that up till the duo was dead took afew mins but we only needed to rescue each other a couple times and it kept us off the floor with the baddies so they couldn't be doing any 1 hit kills or messing us up

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

I'm slowly farming laser sensors but I think it's more beneficial to farm octolegs because of the +5 spirit per leg. (Ardyns damage seems to be more magic based where as Ravus seems to be split between magic/physical)

 

I was reading somewhere that the ideal stat line for this particular fight would be:

 

2k Str

2k Vit

150-300 Spirit

100% thunder immunity

 

Apparently the stat benefit has an exponential fall off with the benefits the stats give. I'll post again if I find the data and post it. But apparently the difference in physical defence reduction between 2k Vit and 2.5k Vit was something like 3%. So with that information it is presumed that an over expenditure of stat growth is wasted and better invested elsewhere.

 

I was reading that there are also 4 specific weapons recommended for this fight which I'll refer back to after work before I go to bed. 

 

Personally I find that this is a particularily dry experience to require the amount of grinding present in this 'game' especially with the loading times as long as they are

 

Edit: I recently finished this so I can list my general build I followed, though, it requires an exorbitant amount of grinding

 

Quote

Dragon Whisker PenX2 for attacking
Dancing Daggers for Buff
Holy Shield/Anything with Curaga
Aegis Shield for Immunity and Resistances

Make the Dancing Daggers and Holy Shield with Monster Jaws, Aegis with Max Resistances and then just pump Jaws and/or Hollowhorns for Strength. Then finish the build with:

How to Craft the Strongest Melee Weapon in the Game:
- Complete "The Terrible Treant" by breaking the Killer Wasps until you have 3 Sharp Scythes
- Complete "Too Tough to Tame" by breaking the Spiracorn's horns until you have 3 Crooked Helixhorns
- Visit Cauthess Depot and trade for a Corsesca (Polearm/Spear)
- Complete "Double Deadeyes" by breaking the Behemoth's horn (the Behemoth at the end, not the two Deadeyes) until you obtain 1 Behemoth Tear
- Complete "The Grotesque Griffon" by breaking the Griffon wings until you have 1 Colorful Griffon Claw
- Complete "The Baleful Bandersnatch" by breaking the Bandersnatch's jaws until you have 2 Monster Jaws
- Complete "Ghost in the Machine" by breaking the Maniple robot's parts until you have 7 Laser Sensors
- Complete "Mechanic on the Move" by breaking Mutant Killer Bees until you have 1 Insect Stinger
- Complete "The Quadrupedal Crag" by breaking the Kujata's horns until you have 17 Curved Hollowhorns, or simply purchase them for gil at the Norduscaen Garrison by selecting the Shop Owner as leader 
- Dismantle a weapon until you have 1 Strength Gemstone and 2 Meteorites

Weapon Build:
1 Behemoth Tear (Make sure you keep Penetrator X. If you mess up and accidently erase it for something else, close your App)
1 Colorful Griffon Claw
2 Monster Jaws
2 Curved Hollowhorns
(Weapon Evolves)
7 Laser Sensors
3 Curved Hollowhorns
(Weapon Evolves)
2 Meteorites
12 Curved Hollowhorns
1 Insect Stinger
1 Strength Gemstone

Dragon Whisker
300 HP
726 STR
117 VIT
-7 MAG
31 SPI

 

Edited by Dreggit
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 12/19/2018 at 5:59 PM, StrangeInStereo said:

Last night I pretty much got carried through the entire fight (shoutouts to Gio) by someone using Aerial Ace, my guess is he was using something like Sidestep too because he was doing a good job at not getting hit.. Dude had a beast build, too. Over 2500 Strength, like 1500 Spirit for healing and around 4000 HP. I went in with a somewhat subpar build just because I wanted to test how I'd do as a healer, but we got 2 AI party members so it didn't go as I expected.

 

During that attempt Ardyn seemed more dangerous than Ravus, because once Ardyn went down the fight got a hell of a lot easier, we didn't even get 1 shot by Ravus IIRC. At that point it seemed more like a matter of patience because my damage wasn't great and it was the other dude doing all the work by himself, I was just trying to keep him healed/buffed but he was on point even with that lol.

 

I did it twice this morning.  6am eastern US.  Both times Gio carried me.

 

Crazy that 4 months later they're still apparently doing this fight this often.  I doubt it's just coincidence.

 

I was trying to get the Reliable Warrior trophy (secret mission - protect another player).  Any other mission I chose no one would show up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Anyone figure out who Gio is? I've seen threads here, reddit, instagram, all over the place where people are getting carried through Ardyn and Ravus by him.

 

I found this video of Gio and two others clearing the battle in 3:36, so is he a speedrunner and we're catching him in his practice sessions? But I can't find any speedrun rankings for FFXV: Comrades anywhere online.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Heh.  Decided to play just now after not playing for five months.  First person I join up with (not Gio) and we defeat both of them.  Did mostly running and hitting only doing 300,000 in damage while the other person did well over a million.  Main problem was that I forgot to grab a veggie and played scared warp striking all over the place.  I noticed that the AI nearly made it to the end as the 2nd AI died right before Ardyn was defeated.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...

Nice to see Gio still putting in work.

On 20/4/2019 at 8:28 PM, Dreggit said:

I'm slowly farming laser sensors but I think it's more beneficial to farm octolegs because of the +5 spirit per leg. (Ardyns damage seems to be more magic based where as Ravus seems to be split between magic/physical)

 

I was reading somewhere that the ideal stat line for this particular fight would be:

 

2k Str

2k Vit

150-300 Spirit

100% thunder immunity

 

Apparently the stat benefit has an exponential fall off with the benefits the stats give. I'll post again if I find the data and post it. But apparently the difference in physical defence reduction between 2k Vit and 2.5k Vit was something like 3%. So with that information it is presumed that an over expenditure of stat growth is wasted and better invested elsewhere.

 

I was reading that there are also 4 specific weapons recommended for this fight which I'll refer back to after work before I go to bed. 

 

Personally I find that this is a particularily dry experience to require the amount of grinding present in this 'game' especially with the loading times as long as they are

 

Edit: I recently finished this so I can list my general build I followed, though, it requires an exorbitant amount of grinding

 

 

 

Any idea if this is good enough for Kenny Crow? Missed that update and I don't mind the grinding in case Gio's not there to carry me again, heh.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, StrangeInStereo said:

Nice to see Gio still putting in work.

 

Any idea if this is good enough for Kenny Crow? Missed that update and I don't mind the grinding in case Gio's not there to carry me again, heh.

 

Kenny is easier than the tagteam fight by far and can probably be solo'd. It's easy to learn since every attack of the crows that would outright kill you has a long wind up that is obvious. But that's the main gimmick of the fight... his attacks will kill you point blank if they connect. Those stats listed above should be more than enough to end him, though, if you're alone it could be a long fight. It depends on your playstyle I suppose.... The other gimmick in the fight that can be troubling is that Kenny can regen his health.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Dreggit said:

 

Kenny is easier than the tagteam fight by far and can probably be solo'd. It's easy to learn since every attack of the crows that would outright kill you has a long wind up that is obvious. But that's the main gimmick of the fight... his attacks will kill you point blank if they connect. Those stats listed above should be more than enough to end him, though, if you're alone it could be a long fight. It depends on your playstyle I suppose.... The other gimmick in the fight that can be troubling is that Kenny can regen his health.

 

That's great news. Thank you! I might give Kenny a shot with my current build then since it ain't too shabby (I do have 2 Dragon Whiskers) but it just felt too inefficient against tag team. I won't grind unless I have to (or if there were more updates confirmed, which I really doubt).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 10 months later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 2/24/2019 at 1:39 PM, Milktastrophe said:

Gio carried me last night too!!

 

(We'll I did like 50k damage and he did like 150k, so I wasn't completely dead weight).

 

He was already level 99 with me, so I guess he's still grinding out trying to get the outfit (hope you got it, dude!). I'm pretty sure he didn't get hit a single time in the whole fight.

 

Over 4 years later and I just got carried by Gio through both Vanquisher and Kenny Crow fights. I just wanted to record down here that the legendary Gio is still out there. Thank you for the trophies Gio. Thank you. 

Edited by Kevohl
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

After trying Ardyn and Ravus for a while on my own, waiting a couple minutes per time in empty quickplay lobbies before struggling and throwing myself at them, I was shocked to find look up and find someone actually in my lobby and even more surprised after having read this thread to find it was Gio. So surprised in fact that I forgot to pick up food and just clicked Depart early. Gio waited for me to pick up food before departing and then annihilated the duo.

 

I got three trophies out of it (A Reliable Warrior, Vanquisher of Villainy, Peerless) and it unlocked the Kenny Crow fight, I sat through credits, I went out and did a mission to refresh my Equalizer cooking buff, I went into a lobby for Kenny Crow, and there was Gio in the lobby waiting for me. Kenny went down on my first attempt when I barely understood what Kenny even did because Gio obliterated him for me. Thank you, Gio, for carrying me and my fellow Comrades through the years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

that's awesome :)  congrats

 

hopefully i'll run into Gio as well.  Finished off all the basic bonus quests tonight, and beat the higher level gilgamesh battle.  got the rest of the higher level bonuses to do before i can unlock the A+R fight

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...