Sony: PS4 doesn't have DRM

Lady Lilith

All Sony is saying is up to the publishers. This just means that Sony is not to be blamed for any of the publishers games that puts in this DRM. Yeah EA gotten rid of their online passes but this just means EA will take full advantage of this and thus people will get pissed off at them. It's not like M$ BS system where everything is DRM. It's just means certain publishers will push DRM on the PS4 and thus you need to be online while others just play their games offline and your good to go. I am saying is this simply, it means you will pick and choice which games you will buy from said publisher (Sony,CD Projekt RED, Bandai Namco) and which ones to boycott (Activision, EA). I am saying it's DRM but at least it's for only games publishers chooses so we have an choice which games to buy and not buy. It's not like M$ where your forced to deal with. The one who started the Sony will do M$ like DRM is Geoff Keighley Bribed Gaming Journalist who in fact been in bed with M$ since this generation of gaming. So don't believe his words instead just wait for E3 for official confirmation.

As far as Valve Steam yeah it's DRM but it's not that bad for most games expect Two Worlds 2 where your limited to 5 PCs than your bonked. Still what attracts people to steam is achievements, features and number one attraction is their deals.  It's DRM but the way Valve handed it makes it looks attractive. I tried to play a few games offline but you have to do some work on em and even than some don't function all too well. If people really are pissed at DRM they should avoid steam and buy from GOG.com which has DRM-Free games. Yeah old games most of the times but once in a blue moon they do sell something new.  

I'd say Sony is off to an great start despite this up to the publishers talk by giving freedom to people to choose instead of M$ where your forced into it. Will Sony get some extra sales yes and will the dudebros and some dimwitted people buy the Xbone yes. So to me I'd say Sony won it yet Xbone will still have the dudebros and casuals who were attracted to Kinetic. 

• Like 1

EA will NO longer carry Online passes which completely eliminates paying extra for used games that are EA, after the CEO stepped down because he sucks, things will change!

That doesn't mean that they aren't thinking up some new way to charge for used games. 

They didn't say the wouldn't do offline pass, did they?

This is what I'm suspecting to be honest, although not directly implemented by sony. I can see EA do this though, Instead of giving a serial code for online access, I believe they could very well implement a serial code for the game itself. By needing to register the game on the EA account for example. That way the game will also be account linked.

I think some sort of fee for used games is inevitable in the next generation. I just think Sony is smart enough to make the publishers the villains instead of themselves.

I agree guys, we can celebrate that Sony isn't forcing it. But your favorite game's publisher might.