DLC installed but not available?

haljor

I pre-ordered the Gold edition (or whichever one included the Season Pass).  The DLC is shown in the game as "Installed" and I have the Platinum trophy so I've completed the entire storyline and my character is now at level 59, but the first quest for "Legacy of the First Blade", "The Horseman Cometh". is not among my quests and there is no marker in the starting location on the map (Makedonia).

I've restarted the game a couple of times.  I occasionally see the popup message that new content is available and I have to go back to the title screen, but all I can see around there is that the DLC is installed.  There are a couple of comments among the YouTube videos suggesting I'm not alone with this problem but no mention of how to solve it.  Any ideas?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, haljor said:
Spoiler

I pre-ordered the Gold edition (or whichever one included the Season Pass).  The DLC is shown in the game as "Installed" and I have the Platinum trophy so I've completed the entire storyline and my character is now at level 59, but the first quest for "Legacy of the First Blade", "The Horseman Cometh". is not among my quests and there is no marker in the starting location on the map (Makedonia).

I've restarted the game a couple of times.  I occasionally see the popup message that new content is available and I have to go back to the title screen, but all I can see around there is that the DLC is installed.  There are a couple of comments among the YouTube videos suggesting I'm not alone with this problem but no mention of how to solve it.  Any ideas?

Try restoring your licenses under Account Management. It won't delete anything.

7 minutes ago, K_Groove_NL said:

Hmm, sometimes if a DLC isn't working, that means you need proceed a bit further into the campaign for it to be available. Often in the PS store it's mentioned in the description, which is easily overlooked.

Let me know if the above works out for you 1f60a.png

He stated that he already completed the storyline in full

• Like 2

Thanks for the tips.  I've restarted the PS4, reinstalled the game/DLC, and restored the licenses -- didn't solve the problem.  I have this issue on both of my PS4s (one Pro and one not) so it might be a problem with my account.  I'll keep poking around...

Edit: I opened a case with Ubisoft.  We'll see what they say.

Edited by haljor
  • Like 1

Welp, Ubisoft's response, beyond the steps suggested above, was to rebuild the databases from Safe Mode, but that didn't help either -- because the DLC had never been downloaded in the first place.

I feel kinda stupid about this, but I also blame the language on the screen, saying that the DLC was "installed".  This is probably referring to the activation license, without it bothering to check that the actual software was there.  I know this to be the case because I went back to my first console where I noticed the problem, downloaded the DLC, and suddenly the quest was available without even having to restart the game (though I did return to the title screen).

I'm so accustomed to patches and pre-orders downloading automatically that it never occurred to me that I needed to download this separately, especially when the game tells me it's already installed.  So, there you go.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, haljor said:

Go to the ps store and find the Legacy of the Hidden Blade yourself. It said it was installed for me as well and a day later I did this only to find that I had to download it myself in order to access it. (I don't ever remember having to download from the store itself in a case like this.)

• Like 1