Terminus124

Hard mode glitch "fix"

4 posts in this topic

I know there are already some threads about this but for the sake of people only now coming into the game I thought it would be better to post whole new thread so nobody needs to read 30+ comments.

Fix comes from statman on Playstationtrophies.org. As far as I know he's the first one who commented on it directly under The Road Less Traveled trophy's description.

Here's the solution:

If you glitch, try replaying the chapter Child's Play a few times on hard. I managed to get the trophy to pop at the end of my second replay of the chapter!

I can confirm this works as well as other people from the site. I returned to the game and it popped few seconds after I finished the chapter. When I played I first completed the whole game on easy, getting most of the trophies (some still glitched but repeating chapters did it) and then I went for hard playthrough on new save file. The trophy glitched on me and I deleted the game, cursing it and Quantic Dream. Now I installed it again, thinking I give it another try but first went on forums to see if anything had changed. And it did. The game probably doesn't recognize you've finished the chapter on hard.

So my recommendation is to finish the whole game on hard and then repeat Child's Play chapter. I didn't do it in one sitting or anything crazy like that as some people here recommend. I also did the worst ending so I wouldn't have to sit through more crazy QTEs. You can close the game without fear that this one would glitch providing you repeat the chapter again.

Hope this helps someone. 🙂

Edited by Terminus124

A new thread is a great idea. Statman here, btw. I got my info from Aressus on playstationtrophies.org, and simply reposted (he stumbled upon the info elsewhere, it seems), and commented on the trophy page, as I love spreading info on workarounds for buggy trophies!

Great to hear, thanks man!

I've been postponing this game for ages because I heard it was buggy.

Hopefully I can now try to plat it with less worries...

Edited by jon88_il

Hi guys, I'm having the same problem. I finished the game on hard mode but no trophy, I also tried to replay the chapter you suggested but nothing, do you have any other suggestions?