Hard mode glitch "fix"

Terminus124

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

So, how is the strategy for this glitched trophy? I have finished the game on hard (my 2nd playthrough), I succeeded

Spoiler

killing the Oracle, but failed against the soldiers and the AI dude.

Should I just replay the "child's play" chapter over and over? Does it matter if one fail the chapter (get caught by the guards), or do I have to finish it without being spotted? And when the chapter is over, will the trophy popup going in to the next chapter that starts directly with the oracle being questioned, or should I play through that chapter as well, or just quit and reload the childs play chapter over and over and over again?

Can someone confirm if the only way to get the last trophy "The Road Less Traveled" (Complete every chapter on Hard difficulty), is to actually complete every chapter successfully, that meaning, winning the boxing game, winning the idiotic basket ball game, shooting range successfully etc? When I play the game I have just ignored these chapters and loose on purpose. Much appreciated for any answers.

4 minutes ago, Ken_sent_me said:

Can someone confirm if the only way to get the last trophy "The Road Less Traveled" (Complete every chapter on Hard difficulty), is to actually complete every chapter successfully, that meaning, winning the boxing game, winning the idiotic basket ball game, shooting range successfully etc? When I play the game I have just ignored these chapters and loose on purpose. Much appreciated for any answers.

I lost most of them ?

Lots of stuff glitched on me but i was extremely lucky that Hard didn't

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

I lost most of them 1f605.png

Lots of stuff glitched on me but i was extremely lucky that Hard didn't

Wow, lucky you! :-D I am currently trying to replay the "child's play" over and over, and it just doesn't work. I even deleted the game, all my saves and started the game with one profile (set to hard). Stil, no cigar. This game is terrible...still fun to play. But I don't know how much I can endure replaying the game on hard. I think I have replayed it 4-5 times now.

2 hours ago, Ken_sent_me said:

Wow, lucky you! :-D I am currently trying to replay the "child's play" over and over, and it just doesn't work. I even deleted the game, all my saves and started the game with one profile (set to hard). Stil, no cigar. This game is terrible...still fun to play. But I don't know how much I can endure replaying the game on hard. I think I have replayed it 4-5 times now.

Oh tell me about it. When it unlocked I was so relieved.

I wish I could help more. Best of luck ?

1 hour ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Oh tell me about it. When it unlocked I was so relieved.

I wish I could help more. Best of luck 1f641.png

I appreciate the support! I am hoping that in the release of the 15th anniversary special edition of the game, they will address the issue and release a patch.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I recently bought the “new” 15th anniversary version and after finishing it in hard difficult still have the trophy bug.

Six years later, new edition and they still don't fix it! I'm terribly angry. ?

Any recommendation? Repeating the Childs Play level does not work for me.

thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 2/10/2021 at 9:40 AM, BladeSpain said:

Hi!

I recently bought the “new” 15th anniversary version and after finishing it in hard difficult still have the trophy bug.

Six years later, new edition and they still don't fix it! I'm terribly angry. 1f621.png

Any recommendation? Repeating the Childs Play level does not work for me.

thanks!

Same here! I have put the game to rest now. Will eventually pick it up. I was hoping the 15th anniversary ed. would resolve this issue, but alas.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to replay the Child's play chapter so many times now I have lost the count. The trophy (The Road Less Traveled) will just not pop up for me. I gave up and left the game for a month or so. Recently I got myself a PS5 and switched machine from PS4 to PS5, and for fun I thought I would give the chapter a try again. Just for, you know, see if it could work. I loaded my chapter (transferred saves from ps4 to ps5), started my save game and loaded up the chapter. Played it, finished it and the trophy pops! I finally got it and the platinum is in my hand!

I don't know if this has to do with playing the game on a clean state on my PS5 or if it would have worked on my PS4, but with all my failed attempts on my PS 4 I doubt it. Perhaps a solution could be for users who struggle, to do a complete factory reset of your PS4 and then try again, or, a more extreme solution, get a PS5? ;-)

Just wanted to share my story. I have had so many sleepless night over this glitched trophy...(not really, but it annoyed the h*ll out of me). Cheers.

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/12/2021 at 5:20 AM, Ken_sent_me said:

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to replay the Child's play chapter so many times now I have lost the count. The trophy (The Road Less Traveled) will just not pop up for me. I gave up and left the game for a month or so. Recently I got myself a PS5 and switched machine from PS4 to PS5, and for fun I thought I would give the chapter a try again. Just for, you know, see if it could work. I loaded my chapter (transferred saves from ps4 to ps5), started my save game and loaded up the chapter. Played it, finished it and the trophy pops! I finally got it and the platinum is in my hand!

I don't know if this has to do with playing the game on a clean state on my PS5 or if it would have worked on my PS4, but with all my failed attempts on my PS 4 I doubt it. Perhaps a solution could be for users who struggle, to do a complete factory reset of your PS4 and then try again, or, a more extreme solution, get a PS5? ;-)

Just wanted to share my story. I have had so many sleepless night over this glitched trophy...(not really, but it annoyed the h*ll out of me). Cheers.

i've been in the same boat and had the same thought, but unfortunately playing the chapter on the ps5 did not fix the glitch for me. pretty scummy of them to release a new version of the game without even fixing the glitch

• 4 weeks later...

Oh my God! Thank you OP and to whoever found this fix! I had played this game over 4 years ago and was only missing hard difficulty trophy. I like others was unfortunately affected by the glitch. I had beaten this shit game on hard 5 times and it never gave me the trophy. I even wrote out every qte prompt in the game myself on handfuls of index cards that I used to pause and do the inputs little by little. I put it away for over 4 years and saw this thread and decided to give it a try by playing child’s play chapter. 

Ok so here’s what I did. First of all I’m playing on a PlayStation 5 now. Original time playing was on a base PS4. Luckily I had my save in the cloud. I downloaded save. Loaded my completed hard mode run and loaded childs play chapter. THIS IS THE CONFUSING PART. It asks you how you want to load the chapter. Without saving. With a new login. With current login, but it said something about erasing your current data. So I’m like well I don’t want that. So I chose top option, without saving. Beat the chapter. NO TROPHY. Then I went back to chapters and noticed I was back in first chapter with no chapter select options. So I said ok let me try one more time. Quit game, redownloaded save from cloud. Tried the chapter again. This time choosing BOTTOM OPTION, current login. Beat it and the trophy unlocked and the platinum!!! I was shocked and so relieved. Finally this platinum is done. Even though I legit suffered through these qte’s on hard 5 times. Game deleted again immediately after platinum. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR THIS INFO OP!

Edit: to someone asking above if it matters if you get caught by the guards. I did get caught by first guards and it still got the trophy. Just try loading the chapter with bottom choice. Current login. And choose yes. Took one try after I redownloaded save from cloud. 

Edited by rockhopper78
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

OK, so I finished Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) today on Hard difficulty & I got The Road Less Traveled trophy on my first try. Here's how I did it (it will have some spoilers):

1. In main menu, go to Options & set difficulty to Hard. Start a New Movie & ignore the Tutorial.

2. Play through the game & try to collect all crucifixes (lives). Here are all locations:

• Chapter 4: Confession - Accept the crucifix from Marcus.
  • Chapter 6: Alternate Reality - In Lucas' office, in the right desk drawer of Lucas' workstation.
  • Chapter 10: Hide & Seek - A the beginning of the level, follow the path to dead end.
  • Chapter 15: Agatha - In Agatha's bedroom, on a nightstand, on the right side of the bed.
  • Chapter 29: The Fugitive - In Tiffany's bathroom, between the sink & the shower.
  • Chapter 34: Fate on Russian Hills - From the start, go right & follow the path to dead end.
  • Chapter 41: Where's Jade? - In the last room on the right of the hallway. 
  • Chapter 42: Bogart - In the middle train car.

If you lose all lives, DO NOT continue from the last save. Instead, return to main menu & select Continue.

3. At any point, DO NOT continue the game from Chapter Select. This can mess up your progress & glitch the trophy. Also when you want to end the game, wait for it to save & quit via XMB.

4. Try to save as much crucifixes as possible (you'll need them for rooftop battle). To make things a little bit easier, in Chapter 41: Where's Jade? try to find Jade (she's in the last room on left of the hallway). After the damned Matrix rooftop battle, give the girl to Agatha (AI). In the last chapter, instead of the Oracle, AI will carry the girl. Win the very easy L1/R1 sequence & very short & easy QTE sequence. Oracle will appear. DO NOT give him the girl & win another very short & easy QTE sequence, carry the girl to the alter & that's it. If you did everything right, trophy will unlock DURING the end movie.

Hope it helps & don't give up!

EDIT: Typos.

Edited by kenseizenkai
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Thought I'd share my own experience of the hard playthrough seeing as though there doesn't seem to be one definitive way to achieve the platinum!

I completed this game on hard about two months ago - of course, no trophy! ?

I then proceeded to complete the Child's Play chapter around 20 times - again, no trophy. I even tried deleting both my saved & game data and redownloading them from the cloud.

I gave up with the game and decided to revisit it at a later date. The date was today - I was fully prepared to play the entire game again on hard difficulty.

But just to be sure, I loaded the game up, logged into my "Hard Mode" profile and loaded up the 'Child's Play' chapter. After completing the chapter, 'The Road Less Travelled' trophy popped along with the platinum.

Hopefully this helps someone out who is/was having the same problem

• 3 months later...
On 9/24/2021 at 6:05 PM, kenseizenkai said:

OK, so I finished Fahrenheit (Indigo Prophecy) today on Hard difficulty & I got The Road Less Traveled trophy on my first try. Here's how I did it (it will have some spoilers):

1. In main menu, go to Options & set difficulty to Hard. Start a New Movie & ignore the Tutorial.

2. Play through the game & try to collect all crucifixes (lives). Here are all locations:

• Chapter 4: Confession - Accept the crucifix from Marcus.
  • Chapter 6: Alternate Reality - In Lucas' office, in the right desk drawer of Lucas' workstation.
  • Chapter 10: Hide & Seek - A the beginning of the level, follow the path to dead end.
  • Chapter 15: Agatha - In Agatha's bedroom, on a nightstand, on the right side of the bed.
  • Chapter 29: The Fugitive - In Tiffany's bathroom, between the sink & the shower.
  • Chapter 34: Fate on Russian Hills - From the start, go right & follow the path to dead end.
  • Chapter 41: Where's Jade? - In the last room on the right of the hallway. 
  • Chapter 42: Bogart - In the middle train car.

If you lose all lives, DO NOT continue from the last save. Instead, return to main menu & select Continue.

3. At any point, DO NOT continue the game from Chapter Select. This can mess up your progress & glitch the trophy. Also when you want to end the game, wait for it to save & quit via XMB.

4. Try to save as much crucifixes as possible (you'll need them for rooftop battle). To make things a little bit easier, in Chapter 41: Where's Jade? try to find Jade (she's in the last room on left of the hallway). After the damned Matrix rooftop battle, give the girl to Agatha (AI). In the last chapter, instead of the Oracle, AI will carry the girl. Win the very easy L1/R1 sequence & very short & easy QTE sequence. Oracle will appear. DO NOT give him the girl & win another very short & easy QTE sequence, carry the girl to the alter & that's it. If you did everything right, trophy will unlock DURING the end movie.

Hope it helps & don't give up!

EDIT: Typos.

I followed these instructions to the letter on a new login and the trophy still won't pop.

I've tried replaying Child's Play a few times (third option - overwriting the save) and that doesn't help either.

15 hours ago, Gch_bg said:

I followed these instructions to the letter on a new login and the trophy still won't pop.

I've tried replaying Child's Play a few times (third option - overwriting the save) and that doesn't help either.

I'm really sorry to hear that. Did you change the difficulty to Hard in the Options menu & did you start a New Movie? If yes, I don't know what to tell you. Try replaying chapters one by one on Hard & if that doesn't work, you'll have to play the whole game from the beginning. My strategy works, because that how I got the trophy & the plat.

Edited by kenseizenkai

On 2/13/2022 at 8:03 PM, kenseizenkai said:

I'm really sorry to hear that. Did you change the difficulty to Hard in the Options menu & did you start a New Movie? If yes, I don't know what to tell you. Try replaying chapters one by one on Hard & if that doesn't work, you'll have to play the whole game from the beginning. My strategy works, because that how I got the trophy & the plat.

Thanks for the tips. I did start a New Movie on a brand new profile, and of course I set that to Hard immediately after creating the profile and before starting the game.

Hard mode being hard with the QTEs at times, I did occasionally quit to the main menu and resume with Continue. I never did "resume from last save" within a level, nor use Chapter select.

The next thing I will try is playing each chapter on its own using the Chapter select menu in the same profile.

If that doesn't work, I will completely erase all save data for the game from the PS5 menu and start a brand new profile directly on Hard mode.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/14/2022 at 10:59 PM, Gch_bg said:

The next thing I will try is playing each chapter on its own using the Chapter select menu in the same profile.

If that doesn't work, I will completely erase all save data for the game from the PS5 menu and start a brand new profile directly on Hard mode.

Didn't do any of that. A month and a half later, I just booted up the Hard mode profile, played Child's Play, and got the trophy. So there's definitely something time-based about this bug.

• Like 1

Just got it to pop for me as well. I used chapter select and “restart from last save” a number of times in my first play through and it didn’t pop. I replayed Child’s Play 7 or 8 times, jumping around a few other chapters that glitched or that I knew I failed and restarted in my first play through. I finally restarted from ch 2 to get the last trophy I missed with the book in ch 21, and it popped in ch 15 Agatha. 

• 1 month later...