Project Platinum Plus: Yakuza

Kurorac

On 04/02/2019 at 2:49 PM, madbuk said:

Yakuza 1 and 2 aren't needed? Ishin? Kenzan? Judge Eyes?

I already strongly disagree with stacks not being included - because there are certainly more than 8 Yakuza plats available - but now we're excluding "unique" games as well?

There are always games easier than others in a franchise. Stacking Y6 eight times is easier than getting 100% in Y3. Stacking easy games to increase ranks is not fair.

The games you mentioned were not localized in the West, so they should not count obviously. Kenzan does not even have trophies. 

All "Project Platinum" threads share the same rules, so I don't get why you're complaining on this one specifically. lol

Just now, Neyaru said:

There are always games easier than others in a franchise. Stacking Y6 eight times is easier than getting 100% in Y3. Stacking easy games to increase ranks is not fair.

The games you mentioned were not localized in the West, so they should not count obviously. Kenzan does not even have trophies. 

All "Project Platinum" threads share the same rules, so I don't get why you're complaining on this one specifically. lol

Which is why the top rank should require all "unique" plats and all stacks.

Why should the other games not count? They are part of Yakuza, are they not? Someone who goes the extra mile and does them gets absolutely nothing out of it, as far as this event goes.

All Project Platinum threads have the stacking problem, which is why I generally steer clear of them because that's incredibly dumb, but I wasn't aware that they've started to exclude actual "unique" games now too.

16 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Why should the other games not count? They are part of Yakuza, are they not? Someone who goes the extra mile and does them gets absolutely nothing out of it, as far as this event goes.

All Project Platinum threads have the stacking problem, which is why I generally steer clear of them because that's incredibly dumb, but I wasn't aware that they've started to exclude actual "unique" games now too.

Again, to keep things fair. Not to mention that only a small portion of this English-based forum may understand Japanese.

YAKUZA 1 & 2 are part of the same package, but each one has its own trophy list. Both of them are easier, besides shorter, than Y0 or Y5, per example. 

Ishin is apparently kinda big (even more if you don't understand Japanese and need to use a walkthrough), but I imagine Judge Eyes is as easy as 6/KIWAMI 2.

You can go up to "Mr. Loan Shark" rank avoiding Y0/Y5 that are enormous, but you can't do that for the last rank. If the Japanese-only games were considered, you could avoid both (unfair). If you mean something like creating a new rank, that would be worse. It would be less a matter of being good at the games and more of being proficient in the Japanese language, besides having money to import all the different regions (Korean, Chinese etc) of the same game, conditions those unrelated to playing games.

Edited by Neyaru

36 minutes ago, madbuk said:

Easy now, I just took this thread over and I added a lot of games (Just look at the old closed thread). I just didn't get to it, but everything will be included with special emblems or in the main part.

I will add anyone this weekend.

I also don't know much about the series, so any help is appreciated @starcrunch061

Edited by Kurorac

18 hours ago, Kurorac said:

Easy now, I just took this thread over and I added a lot of games (Just look at the old closed thread). I just didn't get to it, but everything will be included with special emblems or in the main part.

I will add anyone this weekend.

I also don't know much about the series, so any help is appreciated @starcrunch061

What I'd recommend is to keep a mainline list up for Yakuza, but also have a special top ranking for people who finish all of the other games. I'm not an expert on the series, though, but there are plenty out there.

• 4 weeks later...

I guess add me to Mr. Loan Shark

7 games: Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, 3, 4, Dead Souls, and 6.

Yakuza 5 will the game that forever haunt me as the one that never got finish.  The PS3 crashed on me and lost hours of minigame progress and I just can't bring myself to go back to a ps3.  Maybe once Y5 remaster comes out (pretty high chance it will get localize in the west in my opinion) will get my revenge.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/29/2019 at 2:04 AM, F1nal said:

I am adding Yakuza 0 to my collection. How does 0 compare to the other games to platinum? Yakuza 5 might come close/surpass but are the others as long as a 0? 

Other than 5, all of the others are shorter. Yakuza 0 took me about 160 hours to platinum, Kiwami and Kiwami 2 took me less than 100 hours and 3 and 4 took me just over 100 hours. I haven’t played 6 yet but I hear it’s the fastest to platinum.

Edited by Mike13858

On 02/03/2019 at 2:17 AM, Mike13858 said:

Sign me up as "Eighteen Count Legend Killer", I have the platinums for Yakuza 0, Kiwami, Kiwami 2, and 3.

What an insatiable urge to play, dood. I couldn't play all of them in a row without getting slightly burnt out. 

S8pXaAv.png

Take a look at Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise. Now that I remind, this game should be listed here as a spin-off. It even has a Kiryu skin.

Edited by Neyaru

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I'm very surprised and dissappointed in myself for not having posted here earlier. I have the Plats for Yakuza 4, Yakuza Dead Souls, and Yakuza 5 so please drop me in Eighteen Count Legend Killer.

3.png

I own all the Western-released games that have Platinum Trophies (plus Kenzan, 1+2 HD, and a factory-sealed copy of Yakuza 2 on the PS2), but don't own a PS4 - painful, I know.

@Kurorac thank you for your efforts in keeping the thread going.

Edited by Golem25

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...