MonthlyMadnessTC

Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December   32 members have voted

  1. 2. Another year Monthly Madness?

    • Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

818 posts in this topic

I was finally able to finish one game that qualifies for this month's theme:
Super Lucky's Tale

Overall it was a rather mediocre 3D-platformer and I'm glad I didn't waste any money for it as it's part of the Xbox Game Pass. It was quite short for a platformer (only 7 hours to get all achievements of the base game). The game had a title update that added costumes which are optional but they can be seen on Lucky. They are also tied to two achievements of that one update from which I got one.

 

The achievement list proving the completion can be seen here:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Super-Luckys-Tale/achievements?gamerid=736052

 

And here's the resized image for completing the base game (56 x 56px):

J3N9KN9.png

 

It qualifies for the following challenge:

  • Complete a game that you started this month
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Managed to complete my first (and probably only game that will qualify this month) - Just Cause 4 - it features different Wingsuits for Rico - they are purely cosmetic so i don't think they meet the hardcore requirement, but they are visible so should count for the basic.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18.2.2019 at 9:48 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

I’ve completed three more games to hit the four games mark for the month.

 

Conan Exiles (fulfills HC, another event and started this month)

God of War 2 (fulfills another event, started this month, and 10 years old)

Resident Evil 2 (fulfills another event and started this month.)

Congrats for completing 4 games this month.

You still can get the DLC challenge with Residen Evil 2 if you want.

 

On 18.2.2019 at 11:54 AM, Metal Slime King said:

I completed a game that qualifies for the theme of this month, Orcs Must Die! Unchained. You can buy different outfits that update your character. I bought most of them since they are giving out a big whack of free in game cash because they are shutting down the servers in April. Outfits don't have any effect beyond cosmetics though. Sadly I didn't beat the game in a month but I did beat it more than a month faster than the previous 100% time, due mainly to that free cash and being able to max out my traps when I started playing. Too bad that wasn't one of the stated challenges. :awesome:

 

So that's a February :platinum: for me.

Nice done, completing such an UR plat.

 

20 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

I was finally able to finish one game that qualifies for this month's theme:
Super Lucky's Tale

Overall it was a rather mediocre 3D-platformer and I'm glad I didn't waste any money for it as it's part of the Xbox Game Pass. It was quite short for a platformer (only 7 hours to get all achievements of the base game). The game had a title update that added costumes which are optional but they can be seen on Lucky. They are also tied to two achievements of that one update from which I got one.

 

The achievement list proving the completion can be seen here:

https://www.trueachievements.com/game/Super-Luckys-Tale/achievements?gamerid=736052

 

And here's the resized image for completing the base game (56 x 56px):

J3N9KN9.png

 

It qualifies for the following challenge:

  • Complete a game that you started this month

I gave you a :gold: rank for now because the game isn't on a playstation console and I don't know anything about it. If you think that game should be worth a :platinum: rank, let me know with a little explanation.

 

Regarding the hardcore theme: I gave you a hardcore star since you got at least one achievement where you need costumes.

 

 

For the rest that has posted since the last update: Everything should be up to date again and as always, let me know if I missed something.

Edited by MarkusT1992
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I gave you a :gold: rank for now because the game isn't on a playstation console and I don't know anything about it. If you think that game should be worth a :platinum: rank, let me know with a little explanation.

 

Regarding the hardcore theme: I gave you a hardcore star since you got at least one achievement where you need costumes.

 

About whether it's worth a :platinum: or only a :gold::

I assume it's likely that the game would feature a plat would it have been available on PlayStation 4 but following the rules it only qualifies for a gold-rank and that's sufficient for me. :) 

And nice to see that it also qualifies for the hardcore-challenge as I only assumed it would qualify for ingame requirements and not meta-things like trophies/achievements. This motivates me even more to finish at least the coin grind (playing a 20-second loop for about one hour, yay :| ) to purchase the remaining costumes so it's actually well-deserved.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just completed my second game for this month's theme. I finished Gravity Rush Remastered. This game completes the HC challenge as well since there are several missions where you have to complete them while wearing certain costumes/outfits. 

It also applies for a different challenge on PSNP as I'm using it for Bingo. It was started this month, I completed all related DLC as well as main game. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

 

About whether it's worth a :platinum: or only a :gold::

I assume it's likely that the game would feature a plat would it have been available on PlayStation 4 but following the rules it only qualifies for a gold-rank and that's sufficient for me. :) 

And nice to see that it also qualifies for the hardcore-challenge as I only assumed it would qualify for ingame requirements and not meta-things like trophies/achievements. This motivates me even more to finish at least the coin grind (playing a 20-second loop for about one hour, yay :| ) to purchase the remaining costumes so it's actually well-deserved.

The rules only state games that differ from the trophy list, not games that don't have one. I think there weren't many people using non Playstation games in the previous years.

Then I keep your :gold: rank. There's still time to upgrade to :platinum: with another game.

 

I also gave somebody a hardcore star for Rime because of the trophies that require clothes. In some way it is an important part of the game if it is needed for trophies/achievements.

Nice that you want to complete that one achievement. Maybe you can get the others done as well for the DLC challenge.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The rules only state games that differ from the trophy list, not games that don't have one.

 

You're right.I read the rules again and it only mentions that a :platinum: can't be applied if it differs from the trophy list.

 

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Nice that you want to complete that one achievement. Maybe you can get the others done as well for the DLC challenge.

 

I would only finish the title updates as I'm not willed to pay a total of 10€ for the two level-DLCs for that game.

Personally I just hope that March turns out to be a more suitable theme for my current gaming habits and interests.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just for Overkill, finished a fifth game in this category. Far Cry New Dawn. Started this month and also qualifies for another event (bingo).

 

Turns out costume changing in video games is pretty prevalent.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I got my second platinum of the month and first that (I think) could count towards the monthly challenge. I got the Platinum in The Banner Saga 2. You're clothes don't change in the game, but you do change accessories and they are quite an important part of the game. I have two trophies left for the 100%, but that will probably take me most, if not all, of the week to finish up. My other platinum this month was for Murdered: Soul Suspect...but that only counts towards peripheral stats. I started and finished the Banner Saga 2 this month and I'm using it in two other events. It was a really fun game but some of the trophies were a nightmare...one of them is impossible without an in-game exploit or carrying over a ton of Renown from the first installment. I ended up replaying Banner Saga 1 on Easy just to carry over enough Renown to get my last trophy for the platinum. I'm going to finish the Saga with my next game on the docket.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Completed 2 more games which brings me to 4 for the month. 

Assassin's Creed Unity

Challenges:

-Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Bingo Event)

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

-Complete all currently released DLC of a game.

 

Devious Dungeon (AS)

Challenges:

-Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Bingo Event)

-Complete 4 games within one month. This would be my 4th.

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

-Complete a game that you started this month

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, for Febraury I completed all the Non-DLC campaigns for Senran Kagura Bon Appetit, which gives me the Silver trophy. Unfortuantely, I won't be able to get its platinum, but I'm sure that I will be able to get one the next month. :P

 

 

Edited by Caju_94
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed the 100% of Batman: Arkham VR, which also is kind of borderline...but does fit the bill. You start as Bruce Wayne and have to physically put on the Batsuit during one section of the game, which was pretty cool btw. This was my first jump into the VR world and after some extreme frustration trying to get it setup correctly...I actually had a lot of fun and was really impressed with it. I have nothing to compare it to and I grew up playing Super Mario on the NES, so this is a long way from what I grew up with so I might be more easily impressed. I don't think I will play a ton of games using VR since it was a little screwy with the eyes, but I'm definitely going to add some of these games into my backlog.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MarkusT1992, @Dessane--- could you remove me please? This year is going to be all sorts of crazy and I'm not going to have the time/energy to play games (haven't even touched my console in the last 6-7 weeks and that's not going to change anytime soon).

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

@MarkusT1992, @Dessane--- could you remove me please? This year is going to be all sorts of crazy and I'm not going to have the time/energy to play games (haven't even touched my console in the last 6-7 weeks and that's not going to change anytime soon).

I wish you the best and hope everything is fine for you.

I'll move you to the inactive list the next time I update the thread.

The year is still long and maybe you want to come back when you have more time again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey I forgot to update here I already have finished this month theme a long time ago.
 

1S3a5e42.png South Park: Fractured But Whole

  • Counts towards a different PSNP event: 10 Things I Hate About Games;
  • Started this month;
  • This game doesn't count towards the HC, I know that The Stick of Truth would, but this one is just for the looks.

I even had started a game that would count towards the HC for this month, but I got lost in some other games and I didn't finish, I also don't planing in rushing it, I really loved taking my time with it. Another thing is that my gaming time was reduced since I started playing more violin, but for me just trying to play and finish one monthly theme is a big achievement. I also playing more game that count towards another PSNP event because of the deadline. Here I'm already looking to next month since I'll be playing towards the other event. So I will just update my monthly stats before March.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Y’all ever platinum a game then like 30 seconds later realize it would have fit the theme for next month?

 

Thanks a lot Bridge Constructor.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the plat for Dragon Quest XI, which I believe has been noted here by others for the monthly requirement. Also for the HC as you need to acquire all the costumes which alter a characters appearance for one of the trophies, so I think it qualifies for that as well since they are pretty much the best armor.

 

Working hard to get the plat for Skyrim done which would also apply but I'm not sure if I'm going to make it for end month.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Y’all ever platinum a game then like 30 seconds later realize it would have fit the theme for next month?

 

Thanks a lot Bridge Constructor.

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for you) Bridge Constructor isn't quite what I had in mind for the theme next month.

The theme will be about games in which your character can use cars/horses/boats or such things. Basically you also have to be able to walk in the game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm trying to remember but didn't Far Cry 3 have hang gliders, zip lines, and stuff that would qualify for HC for March? Or am I mixing it up with another FC? I still have FC3, FC5, and FC New Dawn to play and I know at least one of them have to get that HC challenge. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Champ147 said:

I'm trying to remember but didn't Far Cry 3 have hang gliders, zip lines, and stuff that would qualify for HC for March? Or am I mixing it up with another FC? I still have FC3, FC5, and FC New Dawn to play and I know at least one of them have to get that HC challenge. 

I'm not sure as well but I think there were some gliders in Far Cry 3. It still counts for the base theme of the month.

I know that there are gliders in Far Cry 4 but you haven't listed that one.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Unfortunately (or maybe fortunately for you) Bridge Constructor isn't quite what I had in mind for the theme next month.

The theme will be about games in which your character can use cars/horses/boats or such things. Basically you also have to be able to walk in the game.

Gr8 That means I can do just about every assassin's creed game next month ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm not sure as well but I think there were some gliders in Far Cry 3. It still counts for the base theme of the month.

I know that there are gliders in Far Cry 4 but you haven't listed that one.

I was looking for one that could satisfy the HC challenge. I have 3 FC games that I can pop in, FC3, 5, and New Dawn.  I know they all have basic cars and trucks which satisfy the base requirement but I was hoping to get the HC challenge done. Also, do zip lines count for HC? They can help you cross ledges and stuff, or at least help get off a tall structure quickly. Otherwise I was trying to remember which ones had like riding animals, hang gliders, wingsuit, etc.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Highly doubt I'll finish up Dragon Quest in time (but hey, it'll count for next month - handy), and it's been a terrible month for gaming, so...

 

Silver rank - Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix

4S579760.png

 

Probably uses a skip, but it does have forced costume changes on some worlds.  :dunno:

 

 

@Champ147

Looks like Far Cry 3 is probably good.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 19.2.2019 at 6:11 PM, Crimson Idol said:

 

About whether it's worth a :platinum: or only a :gold::

I assume it's likely that the game would feature a plat would it have been available on PlayStation 4 but following the rules it only qualifies for a gold-rank and that's sufficient for me. :) 

And nice to see that it also qualifies for the hardcore-challenge as I only assumed it would qualify for ingame requirements and not meta-things like trophies/achievements. This motivates me even more to finish at least the coin grind (playing a 20-second loop for about one hour, yay :| ) to purchase the remaining costumes so it's actually well-deserved.

 

Even if doesn't add any challenge-stars I still sticked to my word and got enough coins to purchase the remaining costumes of the free DLC/title update for Super Lucky's Tale. Doing the same 20 second-loop for about 2 hours to get enough coins surely is motivating. And if I want to finish the other title update I still need another 3 hours. Five hours of grind might be not that much in general but if the whole base game only takes about 6 to 8 hours to be sitting at 100% it's surely way too much. And that comes from the person that spend about way more than 100 hours to get the required online rank in Grid Autosport.

 

Reading about next month's theme requiring the character to be able to walk (besides using any kind of transportation) is a small bummer for me as I expected that racing games would be a good fit for the theme. Nonetheless I found a suitable game and it doesn't take that long to beat which is definitely a plus for next month. :D 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.