Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

On 7.3.2019 at 6:38 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Finished my first game for March, Crayola Scoot. 

1L71b4f9.png

You have a scooter, which qualifies for the hardcore conditions. Also started and completed this month and also for another event.

ill come back at the end of the month to report any other Gabe’s I play that qualify instead of clogging the topic with too many posts. Thanks!

From the short research about the game I couldn't see if your character can walk. I only saw gameplay on the scooter which wouldn't be enought for the game to count. It was clarified in the thread that your character needs to be able to walk and use any kind of transportation to count.

22 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

I'd like to join!

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 31
  • Current number of 100% completed titles: 40
  • Current completion percentage: 29.92%

For March, I plan to beat Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on both PS3 & PSVita. They each have their own trophy lists so I hope they count as two Platinums.

Welcome onboard and have fun in this event.

Regarding your question: As long as you don't auto pop one of the lists you can use how many stacks of a game as you like.

Since I haven't got any feedback so far on how many themes I should put in the poll for next month and the 15th not that far away anymore once again:

We currently have 11 theme suggestions for next month. Would you like to choose between all suggested themes or should I randomly choose a few of them?

And updateds are done.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Okay, then would you accept transporting through time both backwards and forwards, and transporting your consciousness into alternate timelines as transportation for this month?

1L33ae3c.png

if so I would like to present Zero Time Dilemma as my game to represent me for this month. And since this is a psychic power, there’s no engine. Hardcore requirements met. Played for another event (bingo) and started this month also met by this game.

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Since I haven't got any feedback so far on how many themes I should put in the poll for next month and the 15th not that far away anymore once again:

We currently have 11 theme suggestions for next month. Would you like to choose between all suggested themes or should I randomly choose a few of them?

As the number of suggested themes is below the maximum amount of possible options for a poll (which is 20 IIRC) I would say it's best to add all suggested themes to the poll. Doing so would also eliminate anyone from complaining why their suggested theme wasn't added to the poll.

• Like 1

Surprise update. Didn't expect this game to work for this, but whatever.

1Lcea83f.png

Master Reboot

One of the levels, Street, has you driving a car evading traffic, so it should count for this month's challenge. Overall, the game has an interesting concept (going through memories), but is overall pretty poor. It's quite short though, so it gets a rating of :dunno:

Challenges:

• Different Event (Bingo)
  • Started this month

As for the April poll, I don't mind either way. Feel free to remove/modify suggestions if you fell they're too narrow/annoying.

I beat The Banner Saga 3 last night and got the platinum however sadly it doesn't qualify for this months event. For a game setup similarly to the Oregon Trail, you would think there would be at least a caravan somewhere in the game...but nope they just walked the whole time. If it was The Banner Saga 2, they at least used boats for a bit and would have worked. The good news is I'm on pace to get the Platinum in Rayman Legends next week and that will qualify for the hardcore requirement since there are several levels where you ride a mosquito looking thing.

For those of you who like TBS games with a 'choose your own adventure' feel...I highly recommend The Banner Saga trilogy. Due to the way the game plays, getting all the trophies is a bit of a hassle, but the series is a lot of fun and a really good story.

15 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would say either put them all up in a poll or, in the spirit of March Madness and the NCAA tournament, do an elimination poll. Put all 11 up and say the top 5 vote getters from the 15-20th move on. Then the top 2 from the 21st-25th make it to the finals and then the winner is decided on March 31st.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Briste said:

I would say either put them all up in a poll or, in the spirit of March Madness and the NCAA tournament, do an elimination poll. Put all 11 up and say the top 5 vote getters from the 15-20th move on. Then the top 2 from the 21st-25th make it to the finals and then the winner is decided on March 31st.

I like this idea, if it’s not too much hassle to do. I’ve never messed with polls, so I dunno.

I’ve had very little progress with anything this month cuz finals were killer this term, but hopefully I can figure something out to fit in here now that they’re over.

• Like 1

Big pimpin', pre-history style!

Platted Farcry: Primal. You can travel on mammoths or on sabertooth tigers. You can probably travel on other animals, but why would you? Saby and Momo were more than enough to do what I wanted. Also, while it's possible that those animals are robots (I can bring them back from the dead), I think they qualify as non-mechanical.

Current stats:

Plats: 324

completed games: 401

completion percentage: 82.14% (for once, I posted here before starting a new game)

Edited by starcrunch061

On 12.3.2019 at 3:08 PM, Briste said:

That's an interesting idea. I think I won't use this system for next month because it's to less time in my opinion. There are people who aren't online that often.

But I will use this system for the next random month. Then I can shorten the suggestion phase to the 10th and use 5 days for the first and second vote and still have around 10 days for the final vote.

On 12.3.2019 at 3:39 PM, Dinkus83 said:

I like this idea, if it’s not too much hassle to do. I’ve never messed with polls, so I dunno.

I’ve had very little progress with anything this month cuz finals were killer this term, but hopefully I can figure something out to fit in here now that they’re over.

It's not that much work to do.

I still need to play a game that fits the theme as well.

• Like 1

Pretty sure this counts for this month.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves RemasteredOne of the Chapters is entirely you jumping between trucks as they are driving. There's also the big train that you ride on in the middle of the game, though that one may not count.

• A 10 year old game: The original version came out in 2009
  • Counts towards a different PSNP event: 10 Things I hate about Games
  • Got your first trophy a year ago: 30th Dec 2017

Haven't gotten all the "DLC" trophies (what this site and Playstation calls the Extended Collection Trophies) and I doubt I will before the month is out, but if I do I'll update.

Finished my first game for the month 11-11 memories retold.the are various methods of transport included (boats, trains etc.) but in particular a hot air balloon is a major part of the story, however it does have an engine so it doesn't count for the hardcore requirement.

It also counts towards 2 of the other challenges: as i started it this month and it was played for another event (Kill Your Completion)

On 12.3.2019 at 3:03 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Okay, then would you accept transporting through time both backwards and forwards, and transporting your consciousness into alternate timelines as transportation for this month?

1L33ae3c.png

if so I would like to present Zero Time Dilemma as my game to represent me for this month. And since this is a psychic power, there’s no engine. Hardcore requirements met. Played for another event (bingo) and started this month also met by this game.

That's an interesting thinking about transportation. I can't say how it exactly works in Zero Time Dilema but since you get transported in the past in Virue's Last Reward I counted it.

22 hours ago, ZachGM91 said:

Pretty sure this counts for this month.

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves RemasteredOne of the Chapters is entirely you jumping between trucks as they are driving. There's also the big train that you ride on in the middle of the game, though that one may not count.

• A 10 year old game: The original version came out in 2009
  • Counts towards a different PSNP event: 10 Things I hate about Games
  • Got your first trophy a year ago: 30th Dec 2017

Haven't gotten all the "DLC" trophies (what this site and Playstation calls the Extended Collection Trophies) and I doubt I will before the month is out, but if I do I'll update.

Unfortunately Uncharted 2 doesn't count for the 10 year challenge. The game has to be released in the same month to count. So for this month any game up to March 2009 would count. Uncharted was released in October 2009 however.

I updated everything up to this post and added the poll for next month.

Edited by MarkusT1992

I like the wide variety of choices. Most to me sounds really good and voting for just one is a bit difficult. I kinda hope that whichever ones don't get picked for next month end up popping up again the next time we can make up challenges again. And just to be fair, I did not vote for my own suggestion. 

Got the Platinum for Black Mirror at 1am today. Didn't realize until my last hour and a half of the game that there was transportation other than walking that the main character used (a rowboat and a car).

Black Mirror was interesting and I am glad I finally took the time to play and beat it. I enjoyed the story even if the controls weren't ideal at times. I think the entire game took me about 4-6 hours to play (I have a bad habit of leaving games running and then doing other things like chatting on forums or reading a book or something). 

This game also qualifies for the completion of three challenges:

1. Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. - This game is on my list for the Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge 
  2. Complete a game that fulfills the HC requirement for [the] month. - one of the vehicles was a row boat and therefor had no engine
  3. Complete a game that you started this month - I've owned the game for a bit but didn't start playing until March 10th

Current Stats

Platinum trophies: 31 -> 32
100% completed: 40 -> 41
Completion: 29.92% -> 30.38%

Also - I had a question regarding the Challenge, Complete all the currently released DLC for a game.

I have already gotten the Platinum for Marvel's Spider-man but I haven't beat all the DLC. If I beat the DLC this month, would that game count towards that challenge (since Spidey uses web slinging as transportation) or not since I have already beaten the base game?

13 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I like the wide variety of choices. Most to me sounds really good and voting for just one is a bit difficult. I kinda hope that whichever ones don't get picked for next month end up popping up again the next time we can make up challenges again. And just to be fair, I did not vote for my own suggestion. 

I can say that the second place in this vote will get another chance in May together with the loosers from the previous months.

If I use the other suggestions again for the next month depends on how many will be suggested the next time.

4 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

Got the Platinum for Black Mirror at 1am today. Didn't realize until my last hour and a half of the game that there was transportation other than walking that the main character used (a rowboat and a car).

Black Mirror was interesting and I am glad I finally took the time to play and beat it. I enjoyed the story even if the controls weren't ideal at times. I think the entire game took me about 4-6 hours to play (I have a bad habit of leaving games running and then doing other things like chatting on forums or reading a book or something). 

This game also qualifies for the completion of three challenges:

1. Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. - This game is on my list for the Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge 
  2. Complete a game that fulfills the HC requirement for [the] month. - one of the vehicles was a row boat and therefor had no engine
  3. Complete a game that you started this month - I've owned the game for a bit but didn't start playing until March 10th

Current Stats

Platinum trophies: 31 -> 32
100% completed: 40 -> 41
Completion: 29.92% -> 30.38%

Also - I had a question regarding the Challenge, Complete all the currently released DLC for a game.

I have already gotten the Platinum for Marvel's Spider-man but I haven't beat all the DLC. If I beat the DLC this month, would that game count towards that challenge (since Spidey uses web slinging as transportation) or not since I have already beaten the base game?

Yes it counts for the DLC challenge but not for a monthly rank.

It also says so in the FAQ section.

14 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I too didn't vote for myself out of fairness. It was kinda hard to choose just one because there are so many good ones to choose from.

I completed Here They Lie today and there were two instances where I was riding on a train and a boat, so the game should count towards this month's theme.

If so, I additionally completed the following challenges:

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event (10 Things I Hate About Games)
  • Complete a game that you started this month

Also, very interesting and creative themes for next month. It's really hard to choose just one. 

I'd love to join!

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 54
  • Current number of 100% completed titles: 56
  • Current completion percentage: 48,90%

If i'm not mistaken I saw that any platinum i have already achieved this month, will still count towards this month's challenge. Is that right?

48 minutes ago, CSmit180 said:

I'd love to join!

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 54
  • Current number of 100% completed titles: 56
  • Current completion percentage: 48,90%

If i'm not mistaken I saw that any platinum i have already achieved this month, will still count towards this month's challenge. Is that right?

If they fit the theme yes.

Then the first of this month for me is Book of Unwritten Tales 2
A flying ship is used to travel between regions, as far as i know it is not powered by an engine so it should qualify for the hardcore requirement

Lots of popculture references and humorous dialogues made it an enjoyable game :)

My second platinum for the month.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered: There's one level were you fight off other vehicles in the back of jeep. Later, there are three levels where you drive a jet ski down/up river.

• A 10 year old game: The original version came out Nov 2007
  • Got your first trophy a year ago: 29th Dec 2017

This is probably my last plat for the month due to saving Uncharted 3 incase remakes win the vote and me trying to finish my 10 Things list. If I do another eligible game, I'll let you know.

• Like 1

Completed the platinum for Old Man's Journey for this month's theme. While you walk most places, you also travel by train and truck (in-game play), as well as boat and hot air balloon (cut scenes), so I think it qualifies for HC as well. 

On a side note (I can't bring myself to count it), in The Bard's Tale, towards the end, you travel by a giant, red, glowing, flying Manta Ray demon. For about 5 seconds. Might have tried arguing it if I hadn't gotten something else done. Still, a unique option likely not replicated in any other game this month. (Though if it counted it would also be a 10+ yr old game as it is a remastered PS2 title.)

Edited by Kevvik

Could you please move me to the list of inactive participants?
The last few days made me realize that playing any game with some constraints (for a limited time, with specific requirements, etc.) ruins the for me right now and I want to shift my focus a bit more on other things for the upcoming months. Thanks in advance. :)

Got a second one! :D

Platted Cat Quest, saw that flying counts for the challenge because you acquire magical wings in this game.

And yes it was a lot better than walking.

Cat Quest is a cute little open world RPG that i enjoyed a lot.

Got it on sale and will surely recommend it to other people

- Hardcore challenge complete (wings)

- Started it this month