• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

On 3/17/2019 at 5:23 PM, CSmit180 said:

I'd love to join!

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 54
  • Current number of 100% completed titles: 56
  • Current completion percentage: 48,90%

If i'm not mistaken I saw that any platinum i have already achieved this month, will still count towards this month's challenge. Is that right?

On 3/17/2019 at 6:13 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

If they fit the theme yes.

I just saw this post regarding games counting if they were completed this month and fit the theme even if they were completed before we signed up.

I got a platinum for Demetrios (PS4) on March 3. It fits the theme as the main character travels by plane to another country and also by truck across the desert.

Got my first for this month, Far Cry 3 Classic. This game qualifies for the HC challenge since you can travel by wingsuit, hang glider, or parachute as the non-mechanical means. I also started this game this month and will use it for the Bingo event. Next I might go back to Far Cry Primal. 

On 3/17/2019 at 9:41 PM, Kevvik said:

On a side note (I can't bring myself to count it), in The Bard's Tale, towards the end, you travel by a giant, red, glowing, flying Manta Ray demon. For about 5 seconds. Might have tried arguing it if I hadn't gotten something else done. Still, a unique option likely not replicated in any other game this month. (Though if it counted it would also be a 10+ yr old game as it is a remastered PS2 title.)

I had a similar problem. I wanted to do Assassin's Creed Unity for this month thinking that it would have rideable horses or boats like they've had for most of the games. The closest they had was a hot air balloon that you only ride in a cutsceen for like a minute. I was going to ask if it counted, but I decided against it. Glad I found something to fill in for it or I would have had to use a skip this month.

I finished two games the past couple of days, but only one of them counts for the monthly challenge. Rayman Legends counts for monthly HC since there are a few levels where you ride a mosquito looking thing. It was a great pickup for a PS+ game and I had a lot of fun with it. I also beat Hidden Agenda which was pretty meh. It definitely didn't sell me on playlink and the whole Hidden Agenda thing in the game was pretty pointless. So with my Banner Saga 3 plat, that gives me three platinums for the month so far. Kingdom Hearts series is up next!

Finally, got my first platinum for this year's edition which is Spyro 2.

As for the challenges, I guess I completed the following:

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. It counted for the Bingo Bonanza Event (for the Animals category).

As for the next month, I don't know if I might skip it yet. Let time pass and let me see. :P 

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 1

@MarkusT1992 I have been really busy this month so I'm putting this in spoilers as to not take so much space.

Spoiler

1. Assassin's Creed 3

Challenges:

-Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Bingo Event)

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(You can ride horses) 

-Complete all currently released DLC of a game

2. Death Mark(PS4)---You can ride in a car in this game so I figured I would add this game.

Challenges:

-Complete a game that you started this month

3. Death Mark(PS Vita)

Challenges:

4. Assassin's Creed 2

Challenges:

-Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(bingo event)

-Complete 4 games within one month.(This would be my 4th game)

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(You can ride horses)

5. Minecraft: Story Mode

Challenges:

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Mine carts are rideable in the game)

6.My Riding Stables-Life with Horses(This game is awful)

Challenges:

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Riding horses is half the gameplay)

Edited by Hunter226037
  • Like 1

Third game up for this month: LA Noire (PS4)

1Ldb5e8f.png

Simple Plat image, but pretty classy

I really enjoyed my time with the original and still enjoyed going back through it again. The collectables are still a grind, but I had prepared myself this time by clearing up most of the vehicles before the end of the game. Also ended up optimising my run through so much that I got the 194.7 miles trophy about 4 collectables before 100%. While the technology hasn't aged super well, still a pretty good noir story. Recommended.

Challenges cleared:

• Different Event (Bingo)
  • All DLC
  • Started this month

A shame I started this game before the current leader for April was chosen, but I'll find other games that apply. Now to see if I can find a short enough game to complete before the end of the month.

Edited by ArtikSkarab

Here are all of my games that git to this month's theme. All of them have been started this month.

I've completed both versions of Creepy Road. There's one level in which you're flying on a rocket.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8822-creepy-road/AvengedEvil

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8821-creepy-road/AvengedEvil

Another game I've completed is Tesla vs Lovecraft. Here, you can turn into a mech. From my point of view, this counts. Please let me know if not.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7356-tesla-vs-lovecraft/AvengedEvil

The last game I completed is Metal Slug 3. While there are a lot of tanks and planes you can use, there are also an elephant, an ostrich and a camel which you can ride. This should qualify for the HC requirement. Furthermore, this game has originally been release more than 10 years ago.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3450-metal-slug-3/AvengedEvil

• Like 1

On 20.3.2019 at 1:22 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

Since it's pretty likely that remake/remaster will be the challenge for April, can we start to specify the rulings? The one I'm most curious is if it needs to be a remaster or could we count a collection of older games as well (even if they're not HD)?

I don't know what @Crimson Idol thought when suggesting the theme but I would say that only games with a proper remaster/remake count.

Maybe you can specify which collection you have in mind?

54 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Maybe you can specify which collection you have in mind?

I was thinking of maybe doing the Midway Arcade Collection for PS3 which is a collection of old 80's arcade games. But the same thing would also apply to something like Mega Man Legacy Collection  or Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 which are just collections/ports with no HD upgrades. If Crimson doesn't mind, we could maybe add re-releases to remakes/remasters?

Edited by ArtikSkarab

On 18.3.2019 at 1:22 AM, ZachGM91 said:

My second platinum for the month.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune Remastered: There's one level were you fight off other vehicles in the back of jeep. Later, there are three levels where you drive a jet ski down/up river.

• A 10 year old game: The original version came out Nov 2007
  • Got your first trophy a year ago: 29th Dec 2017

This is probably my last plat for the month due to saving Uncharted 3 incase remakes win the vote and me trying to finish my 10 Things list. If I do another eligible game, I'll let you know.

Are you going for the last missing trophy?

On 18.3.2019 at 9:55 AM, Crimson Idol said:

Could you please move me to the list of inactive participants?
The last few days made me realize that playing any game with some constraints (for a limited time, with specific requirements, etc.) ruins the for me right now and I want to shift my focus a bit more on other things for the upcoming months. Thanks in advance. :)

Moved you and maybe you will be back sometime later the year.

16 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

@MarkusT1992 I have been really busy this month so I'm putting this in spoilers as to not take so much space.

Hide contents

1. Assassin's Creed 3

Challenges:

2. Death Mark(PS4)---You can ride in a car in this game so I figured I would add this game.

Challenges:

3. Death Mark(PS Vita)

Challenges:

4. Assassin's Creed 2

Challenges:

-Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(bingo event)

-Complete 4 games within one month.(This would be my 4th game)

5. Minecraft: Story Mode

Challenges:

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Mine carts are rideable in the game)

6.My Riding Stables-Life with Horses(This game is awful)

Challenges:

-Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Riding horses is half the gameplay)

That's 7 games for this month already. One more and you have the "4 games in a month" challenge completed twice in one month. I thinkt than never happened so far.

56 minutes ago, AvengedEvil said:

Here are all of my games that git to this month's theme. All of them have been started this month.

I've completed both versions of Creepy Road. There's one level in which you're flying on a rocket.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8822-creepy-road/AvengedEvil

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/8821-creepy-road/AvengedEvil

Another game I've completed is Tesla vs Lovecraft. Here, you can turn into a mech. From my point of view, this counts. Please let me know if not.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7356-tesla-vs-lovecraft/AvengedEvil

The last game I completed is Metal Slug 3. While there are a lot of tanks and planes you can use, there are also an elephant, an ostrich and a camel which you can ride. This should qualify for the HC requirement. Furthermore, this game has originally been release more than 10 years ago.

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/3450-metal-slug-3/AvengedEvil

Congrats on completeing 4 games and finishing that challenge.

5 minutes ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I was thinking of maybe doing the Midway Arcade Collection for PS3 which is a collection of old 80's arcade games. But the same thing would also apply to something like Mega Man Legacy Collection  or Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 which are just collections/ports with no HD upgrades.

The Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 would count. Each game has Remastered in it's title. They were just sold together.

Midway Arcade Collection and Mega Man Legacy Collection on the other hand are just, like you said, old games put together and ported to a new console. That's why I would exclude those two from next month's theme. I also would exclude the PS2 emulation games on PS4 by the way.

But I'm open to counting theme if the majority wants it.

• Like 1

Just remembered that I have Far Cry New Dawn for this month. Not sure if it counts for the HC challenge what with the parachute etc etc but it does count for the 'Complete a game you started in that month'. Not gonna another one in before the end of the month since I'm making my 100th a special game.

A couple more plats to add to the pile:

Tales of Hearts R

Gotta love how Japanese add completely irrelevant and opaque letters to their games. This one was capitalized, unlike Tales of Graces f. Anyway, you fly some weird soma bird around that starts as a piece of your heart, then becomes a weapon, and then a spaceship. Dumb game, but it fits. Also, I got my first trophy in it well over a year ago.

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy

Man, I hated this game, but you ride a speeder around, as well as a flappy bird. Also, this game counts for another event (A to Z, which I should finally be finishing this week), and I think it's a 10+ year old game.

Current stats:

327 Plats

403 complete games

82.49% completion

Edited by starcrunch061

I also finally got a game for this month.

I finished Human Fall Flat which is a physics bases puzzle game.

In the game you can use various vehicles like a forklift, speedboat or a raft. It also count's for the following challenges:

• Different even: I'll use it for the Bingo Bonanza event in the "for another event" square. Did I create an infinity loop by that?
  • Hardcore: There is a raft plus a rowboat and a dumpster.
  • Started this month: Started it for the KYC event.
  • Like 2

I finally got a game for this month: Crossings Souls

On Crossing Souls you have to ride your bike to run away, actually the trophy Elliot style is exactly about this section. In fact, there's more parts that you can use others transportations like a time travel car and a flying motorcycle thing. I'll use it on my bingo card on Developed in a Foreign Country. Oh yeah I also started this game this month.

Question: Does a normal bicycle qualify to the HC? Sorry if I miss understood that.

This month I had planned another game, but it's too big, I forgot that I still have games to play on another event, well looking on the bright side now I have a game for May. ?

7 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

question for If the Too good to be forgotten wins?, would Ports count such as lego games going from PS3 to PS4?

Markus will probably specify it at the beginning of the month, but it's not sure. When I asked for some games, this was his answer.

On 3/22/2019 at 10:19 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

The Nathan Drake Collection on PS4 would count. Each game has Remastered in it's title. They were just sold together.

Midway Arcade Collection and Mega Man Legacy Collection on the other hand are just, like you said, old games put together and ported to a new console. That's why I would exclude those two from next month's theme. I also would exclude the PS2 emulation games on PS4 by the way.

But I'm open to counting theme if the majority wants it.

So it's a big maybe.

19 hours ago, Gesyca said:

I finally got a game for this month: Crossings Souls

On Crossing Souls you have to ride your bike to run away, actually the trophy Elliot style is exactly about this section. In fact, there's more parts that you can use others transportations like a time travel car and a flying motorcycle thing. I'll use it on my bingo card on Developed in a Foreign Country. Oh yeah I also started this game this month.

Question: Does a normal bicycle qualify to the HC? Sorry if I miss understood that.

This month I had planned another game, but it's too big, I forgot that I still have games to play on another event, well looking on the bright side now I have a game for May. 1f601.png

Bicycles are good for the hardcore requirement.

11 hours ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

Got The Platinum in Far Cry: New Dawn, features cars, trucks, boats, wingsuit etc

question for If the Too good to be forgotten wins?, would Ports count such as lego games going from PS3 to PS4?

It depends on the game being a proper remaster/remake or just a port. To use the example of Lego games, LEGO Harry Potter Collection has the word remastered on the case so it would count.

It also seems that LEGO City Undercover has updated HD graphics which would qualify it.

Then there is LEGO Marvel Super Heroes which is just the same game ported to the current gen consoles.

So to clarify, ports don't count and only games that have been remastered or remade count? 

So stuff like the Crash and Spyro  collections would count for HC since they all pre PS3 era. TLoU Remastered would count as just regular since it was PS3. 

Then games like Atari collection do NOT count since its just ports. Same can be said for any PS2 to PS4. 

Did I get all that right? 

5 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

So to clarify, ports don't count and only games that have been remastered or remade count? 

So stuff like the Crash and Spyro  collections would count for HC since they all pre PS3 era. TLoU Remastered would count as just regular since it was PS3. 

Then games like Atari collection do NOT count since its just ports. Same can be said for any PS2 to PS4. 

Did I get all that right? 

That's correct. At least what I would understand from reading the theme.