37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

14 hours ago, diskdocx said:

March update for me

i completed 3 for sure

• Rogue Aces - main mechanic of the game has you flying in a plane, but you also have to use a parachute to hijack other planes. I’m not sure if a parachute would count for the hardcore requirement?
  • Riddled Corpses EX - one of the levels is side scrolling with you riding a motorcycle
  • State of Anarchy: Master of Mayhem - you use a car to get around the open world earth sections, and in space you use a space ship

All 3 of the above were started and completed this month. Let me know about the HC requirement for the parachute in Rogue Aces

i have one other questionable game - finished Detroit this month. There are a number of scenes with you in cars/taxis, but these are not controlled by the player so I don’t know if that counts. If it doesn’t that’s cool. If it does, then I should have hit the bonus 4 completions in a month category.

Finally, stats update (didn’t get to this for Jan/Feb, so I’ll do a year to date summary

• Platinum count +26 (625 start, 651 current)
  • 100% completed +31 (908 start, 939 current)
  • Completion -0.58% (99.33% start, 98.75% current)

A parachute is good for the hardcore challenge.

I also counted Detroit for you. It doesn't matter if it is gameplay or a cutscene.

14 hours ago, Gesyca said:

Stats at the end of March:
   Platinum trophies: this month 22 (+5) / all year (+9);
   100% completed: this month 29 (+5) / all year (+12);
   Completion: 46.32% this month (+4.8%) / this year (+5.64%).

That was a great month overall, before January I thought that going for 50% completion was a dream, but all events that I'm participating here on PSNP is really helping stay focused. Now a game that I left behind at the beginning of this year is my main game next month, so Spyro it is, I'm happy to play a game that I love so much. :D 

That was a huge boost for your completion this month. You'll reach the 50% eventually. The difficult part is to stay above it. I reached 60% recently and am under 60% again.

12 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

Last minute update on the last day of March:

I completed the story in Kingdom Hearts III today and achieved Y04dodB.png in XBlaze Code: Embryo.

XBlaze Code: Embryo fits the challenge "Complete a game that counts towards another PSNP Event" (event is Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge) and also "Complete a game you started this month". As one of the modes of travel are swimming (the other is a cruise type ship) it fits the "Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement for this month".

I'm not sure if KH3 can be used towards challenges as only the story was completed but if so it fits the challenge "Complete a game that counts towards another PSNP Event" (event is Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge) and also "Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement for this month" (using a shield as a sort of sled being the main one but also riding Simba from Lion King).

I've also achieved the challenge "Complete four games in one month".

That puts me at three Y04dodB.png , one 1f4af.png% & one game that I simply finished the story towards this month's challenge. 

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 33
100% completed: 43
Completion: 31.12%

I can't count swimming for the hardcore as you don't use any vehicle/gadget fo it. It's similar to flying which only counts if it is through wings or some special skill. I would use swimming if it would be like in Pokemon games. Should something like that be the case let me know and I'll give you the star.

:silver: ranks don't count for challenges. You at least need to get a :gold: rating for any challenge. That means that Kingdom Hearts III won't grant any challenges.

8 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

My stats at the end of March:
Platinums 55 (+2 from the start of march, +1 since joining this event)
100%: 58

Completion: 49,19%

Question for the april theme: I want to go for Patapon Remastered on PS4, the game was first released on PSP. Does that count for the hardcore challenge or not?
The system was released earlier than ps3, but i could also see it counting as the same era as ps3

After some research I would count PSP games for the hardcore. The theme suggestion also said non HD systems and the PSP has no HD resolution. Going by that the Wii would also count even if I don't know any Wii games on Sony consoles.

4 hours ago, Ampplaca said:

ive gotten pretty busy last month so i wasn't able to do much but i did finish apex legends which is a 100% game. no platinum for the month

can travel with zip-lines around the map no matter which character you are

I also gave you a hardcore star for the zip-lines in Apex.

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, it's April 1st, but no foolin' - I'm done with this month already! I give you Spyro the Dragon. It's also hardcore.

Current Stats:

Plats: 330 (+14)

Completed games: 406 (+14)

Completion%: 82.61% (+.84%)

Also, thanks for the update! I just want to mention that I finished 4 games last month (Farcry: Primal, Tales of Hearts R, Jak and Daxter, Castlevania). I think I have only one challenge remaining (DLC challenge, which will be the toughest for me, since I've committed not to spend this year).

And here I thought I would be the first to complete a game this month with Full Throttle Remastered D:

Sorry for missing your 4 games for March. I fixed it now.

Everything should be updated again. If you still post a game for March please say so in your post to make sure it gets added for the right month.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Everything up to this post should be updated. As always let me know if I missed something. With this mass of conten to update there could be missed something easily.

Next are the reminder for the people who haven't submitted a game for March yet. This time they are:

@Ampplaca @cerafinn @Dessane @Dinkus83 @diskdocx @Howling-Lady @Kittet3 @Psy-Tychist @The_Accountant13

Last a reminder to those people who haven't posted since three month. According to rule 9 I'm going to move you to the inactive list if you don't post a game for March in the next few day. You then can rejoin by posting again.

@Fitzquaid @InfinateEternity @Uchiha_Snake__

I accomplished nothing of note this month (or nothing at all, really, lol). Just couldn't get myself to stick with anything and finish it after finals week. I don't think I can use a skip either, cuz with that you do still have to actually finish a game, right? Just not a game that fits the theme?  Anyway, on to the stat update :giggle:

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 27
100% completed: 68
Completion: 40.18%

Stats now:

Platinum trophies: 32 ( 0 for the month; +5 for the year)

100% completed: 78 (+1 for the month; +10 for the year)

Completion: 42.16% (+0.42% for the month; +1.98% for the year)

4 minutes ago, Dinkus83 said:

I accomplished nothing of note this month (or nothing at all, really, lol). Just couldn't get myself to stick with anything and finish it after finals week. I don't think I can use a skip either, cuz with that you do still have to actually finish a game, right? Just not a game that fits the theme?  Anyway, on to the stat update :giggle:

Stats when joined:

Stats now:

That's right. With a skip you can use any game you want. If you havn't completed a game a skip is useless.

But there's no problem in missing a month. Sometimes you just don't want to play or don't have the right games for the theme.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

After some research I would count PSP games for the hardcore. The theme suggestion also said non HD systems and the PSP has no HD resolution. Going by that the Wii would also count even if I don't know any Wii games on Sony consoles.

All right!
Okami HD is on PS4, which was also released on Wii

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World was exclusively released on Wii and has been released on PS3 in the Tales of Symphonia Collection 

So it may just be relevant!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CSmit180 said:

All right!
Okami HD is on PS4, which was also released on Wii

Tales of Symphonia Dawn of the New World was exclusively released on Wii and has been released on PS3 in the Tales of Symphonia Collection 

So it may just be relevant!

Okami was originally on PS2, I believe, so it should definitely count. And with that, you may have just given me a plan for this month lol. 

• Like 1

I completed 2 more games which brings my total for March up to 9.

Jazzpunk-

challenges:

Complete 4 games within one month.

Complete a game that you started this month

Storm boy-

challenges:

Complete 4 games within one month.

Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

Complete a game that you started this month

@MarkusT1992 I do find it amusing that you have to remind me that I do games for his event. 

I have finished Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4) for the HC challenge, many options for alternative travel.

Also, Deponia and Chaos on Deponia have very unusual modes of travel (a rocket-powered circular saw, teleporter doors, crane, oar-powered space capsule) so that would be 3 games completed for the month.

Not sure about other challenges yet.

Would the English version of Clannad be considered a port or would it count as a remake? Only ask because I'm playing it right now, otherwise I have others I can do this month.

Also where would the PS4 versions of Shenmue and Shenmue 2 stand this month?

Edited by Violino

6 hours ago, Violino said:

Would the English version of Clannad be considered a port or would it count as a remake? Only ask because I'm playing it right now, otherwise I have others I can do this month.

Also where would the PS4 versions of Shenmue and Shenmue 2 stand this month?

All three games are ports according to wikipedia.

However Shenmue and Shenmue 2 are hight definition ports which would suggest that at least some work was put into imroving/remastering the games.

Clannad on the other hand says nothing about any upgrades at all.

Based on that I would be willing to count the Shenmue games.

Getting off to a decent start to April. 

Finished Crash Bandicoot. I just went back and finished up the DLC for the game so should be able to check of DLC challenge. Since it was just the DLC not sure if any other thing can count but if so then...

• DLC Complete
  • Started over a year ago
  • 10+ year old game (original back in 1996)
  • HC Challenge complete

I also finished up Crash Bandicoot 3 but this one I still had lots to do and earned vast majority of trophies over last couple days. 

• DLC Complete
  • 10+ year old game (original back in 1998)
  • HC challenge complete
  • using for another event: Bingo 

Just let me know what all counts for the first Crash game, thanks a bunch. 

1 hour ago, diskdocx said:

@MarkusT1992 Question for April. I just finished Zeus Quest Remastered. Would this count for the month, as the original came out on Palm OS in 2008?

If so, does this also count for the complete a 10 year old game, or does that mean complete a Playstation 3 game that released 10 yrs ago?

All remasters/remakes count. Doesn't matter what the original was on. Same goes for the 10 year challenge. As long as the original version was released 10 years to the month, it counts

Edited by ZachGM91
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Champ147 said:

Getting off to a decent start to April. 

Finished Crash Bandicoot. I just went back and finished up the DLC for the game so should be able to check of DLC challenge. Since it was just the DLC not sure if any other thing can count but if so then...

• DLC Complete
  • Started over a year ago
  • 10+ year old game (original back in 1996)
  • HC Challenge complete

I also finished up Crash Bandicoot 3 but this one I still had lots to do and earned vast majority of trophies over last couple days. 

• DLC Complete
  • 10+ year old game (original back in 1998)
  • HC challenge complete
  • using for another event: Bingo 

Just let me know what all counts for the first Crash game, thanks a bunch. 

Completing all DLC of a game you already got the plat/100% in the base game only counts for the DLC challenge.

So Crash Bandicoot will just give you a DLC challenge star.

3 hours ago, diskdocx said:

@MarkusT1992 Question for April. I just finished Zeus Quest Remastered. Would this count for the month, as the original came out on Palm OS in 2008?

If so, does this also count for the complete a 10 year old game, or does that mean complete a Playstation 3 game that released 10 yrs ago?

Basically what ZachGM91 said. It doesn't matter which platform the original was on neither for this month's theme nor for the 10 years challenge. For the challenge you can even play recent games if they are a remaster/remake of an old game like the Spyro games on PS4.

I just don't know if Zeus Quest Remastered would count fo the hardcore requirement. After a quick search I would say it count's because that Palm OS seems to be running on non HD devices.

6 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

@MarkusT1992 I was wondering if you are going to update my final 2 games for March or if I posted the games too late. I completed them well within the timeline of March I just forgot to post them here as I had things to do.

I haven't done any updates since the last one at the end of April.

I'll do the next update tomorrow because I wanted to give the people who haven't submitted a game since three months one week to post.

Your games are being added then.

On 1.4.2019 at 6:50 PM, Dinkus83 said:

Stats when joined:

Stats now:

I noticed that you finished NBA2K19: The Prelude.

You can use a skip with that game to at least get a :gold: rating for March instead of a :bronze:. Let me know if you want to do that.

On 2.4.2019 at 0:59 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

@MarkusT1992 I do find it amusing that you have to remind me that I do games for his event. 

I have finished Lego Marvel Super Heroes (PS4) for the HC challenge, many options for alternative travel.

Also, Deponia and Chaos on Deponia have very unusual modes of travel (a rocket-powered circular saw, teleporter doors, crane, oar-powered space capsule) so that would be 3 games completed for the month.

Not sure about other challenges yet.

On 4.4.2019 at 10:09 AM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Finished the Sega Genesis collection, that should count right? HD, PSVR mode, online play and leaderboards plus the challenges for save states. The whole package is more than just a port.

On 5.4.2019 at 3:44 PM, starcrunch061 said:

Well, you know more Spyro is coming, so I got by 2nd plat for the month with Ripto's Rage.

Plats: 331

Completed Games: 407

Completion%: 82.52% (once again, I started a new game before posting here)

I added stars for the challenges I can check like started this month or 10 year old for the three of you.

For future updates I will only add the challenges you write about when submitting your games. So please include all the challenges your games count for in your posts if you want them to be added.

• Like 2