Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

On 26.5.2019 at 10:05 AM, Hunter226037 said:

I just wanted to get ahead of the curve on this one and ask about next months challenge. For the HC to count does it HAVE to be 45 trophies in only the base game, or does dlc count toward the 45 trophies?

If you complete the DLC to actually get at least 45 trophies it would count.

Let's take Rocket League as an example. The base game has a total of 36 trophies which would be enough for the base theme. You can get the hardcore star by completeing DLC packs with at least 9 trophies. In this case that would be at least two.

On 27.5.2019 at 5:54 AM, Briste said:

I'll need to use one of my skips this month. I just got the Plat for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, which was never nominated for anything that I could find. I could probably finish What Remains of Edith Finch for the month, however I wanted the entire KH series to be consecutive on my profile so will just use a skip for the month. Next month I'm good since KH2 has 51 trophies.

I couldn't find any GOTY awards either.

Edith Finch is a very short game of about 3-5 hours. I already played it way before it was part of PS+ and enjoyed it very well.

How many KH games do you have left and in which order do you play them? I started with Birth by Sleep and wanted to play the series on chronological order. But first I have to continue with Birth by Sleep but there are always other games I play.

I decided to update the thread this Friday together with the rollover for next month, so just a little more patience.

I think I will use Life is Strange: Before the Storm this month. I only have to finish the last episode. God of War on the other hand still takes some time and will be used for next month instead. I hope at least.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

How many KH games do you have left and in which order do you play them? I started with Birth by Sleep and wanted to play the series on chronological order. But first I have to continue with Birth by Sleep but there are always other games I play.

Technically I have five real games and seven overall if you include the Re:Coded and X Back Cover 'movies'. I was originally going to do it in chronological order as well, but it was recommended I play them more closely based on release order as the series might be more enjoyable that way. By playing them chronologically, it may ruin some surprises or twists in the story apparently. Here is the order I am doing:

Kingdom Hearts

Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories

Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days

Kingdom Hearts II

Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

Kingdom Hearts: Re:Coded

Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance

Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth By Sleep - A Fragmentary Passage

Kingdom Hearts: X Back Cover

Kingdom Hearts III

I've been told that 358/2 and KH2 can be swapped and that Birth By Sleep and Re:Coded can be swapped without too much impact. I went with 358/2 first since I've never played KH2. I'm hoping to be through the whole series by the end of the summer.

Just finished my one and only game for the month of May, God of War!

• Started this month
  • HC as it won GOTY award
  • Used for another event, Bingo

Truly a great game if anyone hasn't played it yet. I was skeptical as I am with all reboots but this one is a gem, possibly even better than the original IMO. 

Not sure if this one counts for this month but even if it doesn't I wanted to post my stat updates for the month as I don't believe they will change much over the next few days.

:platinum: Zero Time Dilemma - Nominated for IGN Playstation Vita GOTY in 2016

I really loved this game. I didn't realize at first that it was the last of the series and simply started playing it because it was a PS Plus game with good puzzles and was highly rated. I intend to play the rest of the series despite knowing the ending. This and Steins;Gate are easily my favorite visual novels. I love the sci-fi story lines and find time travel as a mechanic in a game to be pretty nifty.

Stat Changes

Platinum trophies: 42 (+11)
100% completed: 53 (+13)
Completion: 35.20% (+5.28%)

Ok I actually started this month with another game, unfortunately end up being too hard for me, then I did the easy What Remains of Edith Finch, but I really wanted a platinum next to this month like all the others months that I've been doing, so I move on to Psychonauts when I was looking on the list provide here to play another game, and it's done, by the way I love the image trophies on Psychonauts, it looks like a sticker and this game it's a nice port from PS2, I had some minor problems, thanks to the saves I didn't have lost much, I've got some couple of frozen cameras all I needed was to get out of that 'mind' and go back then everything was back to normal.

1Sfc0357.png What Remains of Edith Finch

• Hardcore Requirement - Winner - British Academy Games Awards 2017;
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - Bingo Bonanza - Award-Wining;
  • Complete a game that you started this month.

1Scdc52b.png Psychonauts 

• Hardcore Requirement - Winner - Eurogamer 2005;
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - Bingo Bonanza - Cult Favorite;
  • Complete a game that you started this month;
  • Complete a 10 year old game.

I actually could try another one, however it's hard and I could end up losing time trying it and failing, also I'm looking to the next challenge it's a bigger game, so I'll be moving on.

Just completed The Witness yesterday as my second game for this month: 

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Bingo Bonanza)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. (Won the Time Magazine GotY Award in 2016)
  • Complete a game that you started this month.

My stats for this month:

Platinum trophies: 68 (+19)
100% completed: 83 (+23)
Completion: 63.52% (+6.90%)

Edited by Lojtana

On 23.5.2019 at 2:46 AM, WDB_Chaotic said:

So I have changed my psn name to WDB_Chaotic so all my trophies are now there. For this month I Platinumed Uncharted Drakes fortune remastered, which won 2008 IGN PS3 game of the year, also making it eligible for the retro challenge 

I changed your name in the thread and with that your position in the thread. Your now near the bottem in case you're wondering.

On 29.5.2019 at 3:31 AM, Champ147 said:

Just finished my one and only game for the month of May, God of War!

• Started this month
  • HC as it won GOTY award
  • Used for another event, Bingo

Truly a great game if anyone hasn't played it yet. I was skeptical as I am with all reboots but this one is a gem, possibly even better than the original IMO. 

I had planned God of War as well but couldn't finish it. Instead I'll use it for next month.

On 29.5.2019 at 4:43 AM, AmarisSkye said:

Not sure if this one counts for this month but even if it doesn't I wanted to post my stat updates for the month as I don't believe they will change much over the next few days.

:platinum: Zero Time Dilemma - Nominated for IGN Playstation Vita GOTY in 2016

I really loved this game. I didn't realize at first that it was the last of the series and simply started playing it because it was a PS Plus game with good puzzles and was highly rated. I intend to play the rest of the series despite knowing the ending. This and Steins;Gate are easily my favorite visual novels. I love the sci-fi story lines and find time travel as a mechanic in a game to be pretty nifty.

Stat Changes

Platinum trophies: 42 (+11)
100% completed: 53 (+13)
Completion: 35.20% (+5.28%)

At first I didn't want to count awards for specific platforms but after a few people submitted such games I decided to count them.

5 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

@MarkusT1992

did some digging. Tacoma was nominated for GOTY by Gameinformer in 2017.

It’s not enough for the HC but that does count it for the general category giving me my fourth game this month.

Thanks fpr finding that. Like I wrote above I decided to count awards for specific platforms so I would have counted it nontheless.

I finished Life is Strange: Before the Storm for this month. It wasn't as great as the first game but still a good game.

• Hardcore (Won the "Games for Change" GotY award)
  • Started this month

Everything up to this post is updated again, so let me know if I missed something. I'll prepare the next month next.

We all like collecting trophies, otherwise we probably wouldn't be here.

That's why next month's theme will be all about trophies.

The more trophies there are to collect in a game the better. Every game that has a platinum and at least 35 trophies counts for the base requirement. In addition every game without a platinum and at least 15 trophies can be used.

Examples: God of War, Full Throttle: Remastered, Hotoful Boyfriend, Thomas Was Alone

For the hardcore requirement we need some more trophies. 10 more to be exact for every game with a platinum. That's 45 total.

The games without a platinum only need 5 more trophies adding up to a total of 20.

Examples: Trials Rising, Human Fall Flat, Randal's Monday, Walking Dead Michonne

Note that the required amount of trophies doesn't have to be in the base game. Trials Rising doesn't have enought trophies in its base game list but together with the DLC trophies it has enought. Should there be more than one DLC for a game but you can reach the required amount of trophies without finishing all the DLC it's enought to finish only the ones that give you enought trophies.

You still have 24h to complete and submitt games for May.

Next come the reminder for the people without games for May:

@Ampplaca @ArdorTichy @CSmit180 @Dinkus83 @diskdocx @Hunter226037 @NetEntity @Psy-Tychist @starcrunch061 @SyIaris @Violino

Last but not least the people without games for three months in a row:

@cerafinn @The_Accountant13

• Like 1

Here's my last update for the month:

Winner of the GotY award from British Academy Games Awards

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Bingo
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement.
  • Started this month

Journey

Winner of the GotY award from D.I.C.E. Awards, Entertainment Weekly, GameSpot, IGN, and more

• Counts towards a different PSNP event.: Bingo
  • Complete 4 games within one month.: Uncharted 3 and 4, Edith Finch, and Journey.
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement
  • Started this month

End of month Stats:

Platinum trophies: 56 (+28)
100% completed: 67 (+29)
Completion: 87.64% (+11.24)

Side note: I have now officially doubled my starting Platinums.

• Like 1

Stats at the end of May:

Stats at the end of April:
   Platinum trophies: this month 24 (+1) / all year (+11);
   100% completed: this month 32 (+2) / all year (+15);
   Completion: 47.96% this month (+0.78%) / this year (+7.28%).

End up being a nice month once again and stats still going up, I'm trying to go to a 50% completion this year, looks close, but every shine new game brings it down, I'm tempted to buy CTR Nitro-Fueled, I'm just waiting on more info about this game and all stuff, anyway I think I should work on my backlog a little before the release date so the stats keep all blue/green.

Tried to complete Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, but I'm terrible at the challenges section... I technically beat the story, so it's a silver I guess?

End of May Stats:

Platinum trophies: 181 (+3) / (+19)
100% completed: 269 (+5) / (+27)
Completion: 44.40% (+0.20%) / (+1.34%)

@MarkusT1992Just a quick confirmation: it doesn't matter how many trophies we get, only that the total number of trophies are 35/45, right? So, if I complete games that I only need some trophies in, but they have a total of 50+ trophies, they will count?

Two May games from me this time.

Psychonauts as the main game to qualify for the platinum rank and the following challenges:

• Complete a 10 year old game. 
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Bingo Bonanza 2019 - Award Winning)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month (won Eurogamer's 2005 Game of the Year)
  • Complete a game that you started this month

And What Remains of Edith Finch as the supplementary, since it was quick to complete. Challenges:

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month (won BAFTA award for Best Game)
  • Complete a game that you started this month

Stat changes:

Platinum trophies: +9
100% completed: +17
Completion: 1.91%

Edited by NetEntity

Here is my May update. Not a great month, just didn't have time to get through games that would have counted.

Winner of the GotY award from British Academy Games Awards

• Fulfills the Hardcore requirement.
  • Started this month

Spyro 3

This was on Push Square’s top 10 GOTY list for 2018 (I completed 2 as well, but I believe you indicated earlier I could use any one of the 3, since it was the collection itself that was nominated)

• Complete a 10 year old game
  • Started this month

End of month Stats:

Platinum trophies: 676 (+51)
100% completed: 969 (+61)
Completion: 98.83% (-0.5%) [Driveclub....yikes!]

8 hours ago, CSmit180 said:

@MarkusT1992 I haven't achieved any platinum or 100% last month.

I only finished Detective Pikachu on 3ds last month, can I use a skip in this situation?

Unfortunately only games on systems with an achievement system can be used. So only XBox and Steam/any other PC platform with achievements.

I could count games with an ingame achievement system but as far as I remember there was no such system in Detective Pikachu.

5 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Tried to complete Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY Edition, but I'm terrible at the challenges section... I technically beat the story, so it's a silver I guess?

End of May Stats:

Platinum trophies: 181 (+3) / (+19)
100% completed: 269 (+5) / (+27)
Completion: 44.40% (+0.20%) / (+1.34%)

@MarkusT1992Just a quick confirmation: it doesn't matter how many trophies we get, only that the total number of trophies are 35/45, right? So, if I complete games that I only need some trophies in, but they have a total of 50+ trophies, they will count?

That's correct. As long as the total trophies are over or equal the required amount the game counts. The only exception are games with only one trophy left before the platinum or more if they stack as those games are excluded by the rules.

after getting PUBG with 2 glitched trophies(just my luck) i wasn't able to complete that for this challenge. i ended up doing the Last Guardian instead. I am using this game in a competition i am doing with friends that runs for the month of July so i wont be procing the platinum but i have just one trophy left and am infront of the last barrel i need(eat every barrel). if this doesnt work ill be using one of my Skips and the game will be Conan Exiles

Edited by Ampplaca

@MarkusT1992 I completed the story for Uncharted 4 for May, so a silver rank please.

In April can I use a skip and have LEGO Batman 3 used in its space.

Hopefully, I will have Batman: Return to Arkham City as the HC one for June.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +27
100% completed: +35
Completion: +2.64%

Not a whole lot of playtime this month but as previously posted, I completed What Remains of Edith Finch for the main theme this month and the DLC for Skyrim for that challenge.

Stat changes:

May

Plats: NC

100%: +2

Completion Rate: +0.05%

Event

Plats: 162 (+20 for the event)

100%: 214 (+25 for the event)

Completion Rate: 83.27% (+1.14% for the event)

Hopefully, I'll do more to speak of this month...

Thanks for the mention, May was a bit of a mess and I kinda forgot.

I'm also in the What Remains of Edith Finch club, didn't get anything else done.

-Hardcore

-Other event (bingo / award winner)

-Started this month

Thanks for the reminder @MarkusT1992! It was a weird month for me and my schedule, so I didn't accomplish a lot and have forgotten to update everything. Finally finished with school now though (yay!), so hopefully my gaming time will be better soon and my brain will get better at the rememberings :D

I get to join the What Remains of Edith Finch club as well! Also qualifies for these challenges:

• Complete a game that counts toward a different PSNP event (Bingo)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of the month
  • Complete a game that you started this month

And for the stats update, which I think I forgot last month :|

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 27
100% completed: 68
Completion: 40.18%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: 36 (+9)
100% completed: 86 (+18)
Completion: 43.83% (+3.65)

Finished two games in May...nothing that qualified for anything though. I'll maybe get one game done this month in Kingdom Hearts II, but the trophy guide says 90 hours to complete, so I may run out of time. If I get it done it will count for the HC for the month. Below are my updated numbers...completion is slightly off since I didn't get the figures on Friday.

May Progress:

Platinum trophies: +1 83~>84
100% completed: +2 90~>92

Completion: -0.10% 97.23%~>97.13%

This year progress:

Platinum trophies: +10 74~>84
100% completed: +13 79~>92
Completion: 
+0.85% 96.28%~>97.13%