MonthlyMadnessTC

Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December   32 members have voted

  1. 2. Another year Monthly Madness?

    • Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

818 posts in this topic

For this month I have actually finished some games before the end of the month!

 

Completed Metagal which takes place in many places, including a factory.

 

Also completed Inside, which is in buildings, underwater, in a secret facility. So this is HC but only a gold star. It also is in relation to another event (KYC X).

 

I have also finished Tacoma, which takes place entirely on a space station, so it might count for this month. Also in the event KYC X, if it does count.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Game #2: Unravel

The hub level is a house, along with a factory/train station, a garage, and a hole you can go into in the levels.

  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement
  • Started this month

Game #3: Outlast

It mostly takes place in a mental asylum, with a level taking place in the sewers

  • Counts towards a different PSNP event: Gaming by Numbers
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement
  • Completed all DLC

Sidenote: My last trophy for Outlast is my 3000th Trophy. Gave me a heart attack about 3 times but was worth it.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I finished Dragon Quest XI, which counts for the HC challenge this month. It also counts for the PSNP event challenge, for the gaming by numbers event. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 new games I believe qualify for this month. The Bridge, a physics puzzler with a 100% list. The level hub is in your house and your destination is the bridge in your basement, so HC? The next two are Cosmic Star Heroine for PS4 and Vita. Although it is an RPG game in space you will always wind up in an underground cave somewhere! I don't know if stacks count in the same month but it wasn't popped by cross save, if that helps. All 3 were started this month and if they all count then that would be 4 games for this month as well. If I needed to pick a trophy for the Bridge to represent it, then I would pick Visionary.
19L79e351.png

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 more for this month (should now be at 7 total)

 

Devious Dungeons 2

  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event ~ using this for the Gaming By Numbers Event
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. ~ the whole game takes place underground
  • Complete a game that you started this month

Paradox Soul

  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event ~ using this for the Gaming By Numbers Event
  • Complete a game that you started this month
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

3 new games I believe qualify for this month. The Bridge, a physics puzzler with a 100% list. The level hub is in your house and your destination is the bridge in your basement, so HC? The next two are Cosmic Star Heroine for PS4 and Vita. Although it is an RPG game in space you will always wind up in an underground cave somewhere! I don't know if stacks count in the same month but it wasn't popped by cross save, if that helps. All 3 were started this month and if they all count then that would be 4 games for this month as well. If I needed to pick a trophy for the Bridge to represent it, then I would pick Visionary.
19L79e351.png

 

Stacks count as long as the trophies aren't autopopped. You seem to have played both versions normally so both count.

I only need one image per month. You already got a :platinum: rank and with that your image for that month. For 100% games I take the picture from the trophy for completing the game if there is such a trophy. Normally I use the image from the first game that is posted. I only change the image if the first game was a 100% and later a :platinum: game is posted. Plats are always over 100%.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got another for this month!

 

This War of Mine: The Little Ones

  • Almost always inside and I think this would count for hardcore challenge, as some of the locations you go to scavenge have basements.
  • Counts towards another PSNP event (gaming by numbers)
  • Got my first trophy more than a year ago
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First game for the month,

 

 

Hitman Go

  • Multiple chapters include parts that are indoors (Theatre, Airport, Mansions etc)
  • Counts towards another event (Gaming by numbers)

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished my third game for this month. 

 

Uncharted: The Lost Legacy

  • Hardcore Challenge (Multiple caves and underground sections)
  • Completed within a month
  • Another PSNP Event (Bingo Bonanza)

 

I'm still kinda hoping that I'll finish Final Fantasy 13 this month, even though the chances for that are rather slim. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lojtana said:

I'm still kinda hoping that I'll finish Final Fantasy 13 this month, even though the chances for that are rather slim.

 

Good luck!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there a way to change my vote for next month to the other option? I dont see a take back button and now that im playing Dragon Quest XI for Gaming by the numbers that fits better for companions than the crime game i thought i was gonna play.

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Is there a way to change my vote for next month to the other option? I dont see a take back button and now that im playing Dragon Quest XI for Gaming by the numbers that fits better for companions than the crime game i thought i was gonna play.

 

 

On this site voted is voted.

The only way would be to take a note and change it manually.

If you really want to change I'll write it down, but you could easily get the crime theme done with LA Cops. That game isn't that hard to platinum and you allready started it.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That game is so badly made and the controls suck so much and I could not beat the last level on normal difficulty after two hours. The idea of playing it on the hardest difficulty would drive me to suicide.

 

some game are so shit that it’s not worth the effort. Mark me down as officially switching my vote.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

 

Good luck!

 

Thanks. 😄

I'm actually pretty much at the end of the game already, but the grind for all the weapons & accessories does take longer than I anticipated. 

 

In the meantime I finished my fourth game of the month. It sadly didn't come with a Platinum Trophy, but the game itself was rather enjoyable. Also, any game that I can cross off my Backlog is a welcome game. (:

 

Blood Knights

  • Hardcore Challenge (multiple dungeons and stuff)
  • Another PSNP Event (Gaming By Numbers)
  • Completed within a month
  • Fourth game of the month
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently have 5 games cleared for this month (Not sure if I'll fit in another one):

 

The Cave 

  • Hardcore (Self-explaining)
  • Other Event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Started this month

I would be impressed if someone can find a more appropriate game for this month's event. I liked my time through this game: good old-school adventure humor, game not too difficult and quit short to 100% through (it is a 5 playthroughs game, but your last couple of runs are about 45-60 minutes each).

 

Dragon Quest XI :platinum:

  • Hardcore (Caverns, Crypts, Mines, Sewers, Wells)
  • Other Event (Gaming by Numbers)

I really enjoyed my time in this. It had a pretty good story (some parts of Act 2 were quite touching), straight-forward combat with some depth and it looked really great. My biggest problem is a pretty big spoiler.

Spoiler

The whole time travel element, while filled with good intentions, completely removed the impact of every character's story from Act 2 and had to retcon itself so some events still happened in the new timeline. Also, the post-game has some pretty harsh difficulty spikes out of nowhere.

 

South Park: Stick of Truth (PS3) :platinum:

  • Hardcore (Caves, Sewers, Basements)
  • 1st trophy over 1 year ago

After going through the PS4 version, I decided to go through the old version and, if you follow a guide and prioritize money buffs, it's a pretty short game to go through.

 

Black Mirror :platinum:

  • Hardcore (Cellar, Secret underground temple)
  • Started this month
  • 4th Game this month

This game is... honestly,, kind of weak. It doesn't play that well, the story is poor and it looks like an older generation game. At least, it's really short.

 

Contrast 

  • 1st trophy over 1 year ago

I don't remember seeing anything that could count for the Hardcore criteria unfortunately. If someone remembers otherwise, feel free to chime in. It feels really weird to go back and play a console launch game way later. This game was honestly just average: interesting idea, but clunky controls and short length doesn't help it.

 

Also, I have a ruling question for next month: will anthropomorphic animals count for the Hardcore challenge?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My third game completed for the month is Daggerhood (Vita), which takes place entirely in caverns at the start of the game.

 

Just need one more now to get 4 for the month :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Contrast 2b50.png

 

  • 1st trophy over 1 year ago

I don't remember seeing anything that could count for the Hardcore criteria unfortunately. If someone remembers otherwise, feel free to chime in. It feels really weird to go back and play a console launch game way later. This game was honestly just average: interesting idea, but clunky controls and short length doesn't help it.

 

Also, I have a ruling question for next month: will anthropomorphic animals count for the Hardcore challenge?

As far as I remember there is nothing hardcore worthy in Contrast. I played the game a few years ago though not sure about it.

 

Should the Companion theme win everything that looks like an animal counts. For example Daxter from Jack and Daxter would count for the hardcore even though he is actually a human who got transformed into an animal.

But it isn't enought when the player character is an animal like in Ratchet & Clank. That would only count for the base theme because Clank would be the companion and he is a robot.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finished the story of Hitman 2.

 

My new totals are:

30 Platinums

43 completed games 

47.01% completion

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Put in 1 more game.

 

King's Quest 

  • Hardcore (Caves)
  • Other Event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Started this month

 

 

12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Should the Companion theme win everything that looks like an animal counts. For example Daxter from Jack and Daxter would count for the hardcore even though he is actually a human who got transformed into an animal.

I totally get that, but I was specifically thinking more humanoid animals like Xiao from Dark Cloud. Someone with animal features, but is more humanoid than animal. Other examples would be Khajit/Argonians from Skyrim, Fran from FF: XII and the Sly Cooper characters.

latest?cb=20150902205733

Edited by ArtikSkarab
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Put in 1 more game.

 

King's Quest 2b50.png

  • Hardcore (Caves)
  • Other Event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Started this month

 

 

I totally get that, but I was specifically thinking more humanoid animals like Xiao from Dark Cloud. Someone with animal features, but is more humanoid than animal. Other examples would be Khajit/Argonians from Skyrim, Fran from FF: XII and the Sly Cooper characters.

latest?cb=20150902205733

Since Xiao was a real cat befor turning into an animal she would definetly count but the theme is for games where your companion is a NPC. In Dark Cloud you only play as one character and have nobody at your site so that game wouldn't qualify. I don't know Sly Cooper so I cant say if the game qualifies but I know that he is an animal so from that point of view it would work.

Fran, for me, is more human than animal so not quite sure about her. Her race seems to have something of rabbits though.

Khajit and Argonians would count since the are cats or reptiles repectively. But only if there are any companions from those races. It isn't enough if you play as a Khajit/Argonian if the possible companios in Skyrim are only Elfs or Humans. Than it would only count for the base theme.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Red Faction: Armageddon. It definitely counts as HC, lots of caves and mines to shoot alien bugs in. Also counts as Complete 100% of the DLC as there is one DLC pack and I completed it for 100%. I never played a Red Faction game before but I found it enjoyable. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just finished Oxenfree last night, so I'm up to 5 games for this month. I'm definitely not going to get FF XIII done this month, because there is still way too much grinding to do, but I got through a few games this month, so that's not too bad. 

I also have another two games lined up for next month, so I'm good to go. (:

 

Oxenfree

  • Hardcore Challenge (part of the game takes place in a cave)
  • Another PSNP Event (Gaming By Numbers)
  • Completed Within A Month
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/26/2019 at 7:30 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Since Xiao was a real cat befor turning into an animal she would definetly count but the theme is for games where your companion is a NPC. In Dark Cloud you only play as one character and have nobody at your site so that game wouldn't qualify. I don't know Sly Cooper so I cant say if the game qualifies but I know that he is an animal so from that point of view it would work.

Fran, for me, is more human than animal so not quite sure about her. Her race seems to have something of rabbits though.

Khajit and Argonians would count since the are cats or reptiles repectively. But only if there are any companions from those races. It isn't enough if you play as a Khajit/Argonian if the possible companios in Skyrim are only Elfs or Humans. Than it would only count for the base theme.

For Sly Cooper I'd say it counts. While most of the game you play solo, there are missions were the team members, well, team up together to complete heists. So while you the player does one thing, another team member is doing something else to assist you. And since the team consists of a hippo, fox, and turtle, it's all good. 

Skyrim I'd say can also count. True while you can play as a Khajit or Argonian that part doesn't matter for the challenge. Challenge is your companion is an animal, not necessarily you. But in Skyrim you can hire companions and acquire thane's, and some of those followers that you can have are of the Khajit or Argonian race, so all good. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Champ147 said:

For Sly Cooper I'd say it counts. While most of the game you play solo, there are missions were the team members, well, team up together to complete heists. So while you the player does one thing, another team member is doing something else to assist you. And since the team consists of a hippo, fox, and turtle, it's all good. 

Skyrim I'd say can also count. True while you can play as a Khajit or Argonian that part doesn't matter for the challenge. Challenge is your companion is an animal, not necessarily you. But in Skyrim you can hire companions and acquire thane's, and some of those followers that you can have are of the Khajit or Argonian race, so all good. 

I never played a Sly Cooper game so thanks for that explanation.

I know that you can hire companions in Skyrim, I just wasn't sure if there are any Khajit or Argonian companions in that game because I never really used any companion.

If you are sure about there being Khajit and/or Argonian companions boths games are good for next month.

 

The theme still isn't decided though. It's going from one theme to the other from day to day. Last time I checked the crime theme was in lead now it's the companion one again.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.