Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

10 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I never played a Sly Cooper game so thanks for that explanation.

I know that you can hire companions in Skyrim, I just wasn't sure if there are any Khajit or Argonian companions in that game because I never really used any companion.

If you are sure about there being Khajit and/or Argonian companions boths games are good for next month.

The theme still isn't decided though. It's going from one theme to the other from day to day. Last time I checked the crime theme was in lead now it's the companion one again.

Yea, Skyrim should be good. Otherwise there is Derkeethus which is an Argonian follower you can acquire after clearing Darkwater Pass. Then there is Kharjo (Khajit) that can hired from the band of traveling Khajit merchants. And while I forgot about it before, there is also Barbas, which is the dog from one of the Daedric Princes that can become a follower as well. 

Last 2 for this month (should now be at 9 total)

Heroes Trials

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event ~ using this for the Gaming By Numbers Event
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. ~ lots of caves in this one, and an underground tomb section too
  • Complete a game that you started this month
  • Complete 4 games in one month (this should be my 8th)

Chaos;Child

Let's start with one that I couldn't play before, but now it's done, actually I'm happy to see this baby boy on my July platinum badge.

1S4258fe.png Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!

• Hardcore Requirement - I guess it has it all, caves, castles and so on;
  • Complete a 10 year old game.

Another game that I played is SOMA, I played it for my bingo card this month, the whole game is underwater and it's a lot of places is inside, there's some caves too, so I don't know if it counts if everything is inside, well there's the outside, but it's underwater so... yeah.

Stats at the end of July:
   Platinum trophies: this month 26 (+1) / all year (+13);
   100% completed: this month 36 (+2) / all year (+19);
   Completion: 50.44% this month (+0.76%) / this year (+9,76%).

And I finally reached 50% completion! YAY! Actually this month I played a lot of CTR, I had a lot of fun, but I didn't hunt down any trophy, so I actually wasn't expecting to reach it, but the last couple of days I was able to finish those two games.

I finished up Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance the other day for my second game of the month. It qualifies for HC since there are several zones indoors including inside a whale. It is also a game I started this month and a game I'm using in another event (Bingo). I was really hoping to finish Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth By Sleep: A Fragmentary Passage (longest name for a game ever) before the end of the month...but I may not be able to. Critical is taking longer than I expected and is much harder in this game. There is no Second Chance or Once More ability and it's easy to get smoked with more than half of your health left. I reached the last boss last night, but called it a night after a couple of tries. If I can beat him quickly tonight and finish the little cleanup I have left...I'll have one more game for this month :) 

18 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

So if the votes for theme are tied at the start of the month do we get to pick from either one? :awesome:

Since DoctorDrPepper has changed their vote it's actually not tied. To be honest I have no clue how to handle a tie so I hope it will never happen.

For me this month was a lot of Assassin's Creed Origins like 80h. But I finally got all the trophies just minutes ago. Unfortunately one of the DLC trophies glitched on me so I had to start NG+ to get the one trophy. That brings me to my update for this month

Assassin's Creed Origins

• Different Event (Will be used for the Bingo Bonanza and Gaming by Numbers events)
  • Hardcore (Some caves and tombs that go underground)
  • All DLC
  • First trophy over a year ago

Donut County

• Different Event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Hardcore (A part of the game is deep down a hole)
  • Started this month

Blackwood Crossing

• Different Event (Gaming by Numbers)
  • Started this month

I'll do updates now and then prepare the next month post.

Well, I guess it's time to take a look at the list... Seems like I have two games for this month.

Remember Me 

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event (both Gaming by Numbers and Bingo Bonanza)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month (has sewers, underground tunnels and an abandoned subway)
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy over a year ago (over five years ago)

Outland

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month (an entire section of the game takes place deep underground, and there are also caves in the ice area)
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy over a year ago (over five years ago)

Stat changes:
Platinum trophies: +11
100% completed: +21
Completion: 2.69%

On 25.7.2019 at 10:55 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

My third game completed for the month is Daggerhood (Vita), which takes place entirely in caverns at the start of the game.

Just need one more now to get 4 for the month :)

You allready got 4 games for this month. I counted all three from your first post.

Next month's theme will be "It's better together"

Everyone needs some friends to go adventuring. Going alone just isn't that much fun.

Therefore every game for this month need somebody on your side.

Examples: God of War, LA Noire, Wolfenstein: Youngblood

To be hardcore it isn't enought to just go with your best friend. You need sombode with fur on your side. Or scales. Or just anything that is an animal.

Examples: Jak and Daxter, The Last Guardian, Skyrim

Here comes the reminder for those who haven't posted a game for July:

@AmarisSkye @Caju_94 @Champ147 @Hunter226037 @SyIaris

And the one without a game for three months in a row

@ArdorTichy

And last but not least: September will be a random month. That means it's your turn again to suggest themes. Each participant may suggest only one theme. You have time until the 10th of August to get your suggestions in. Depending on the amount of suggested themes I will decide if I do several voting round.

6 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You allready got 4 games for this month. I counted all three from your first post.

Next month's theme will be "It's better together"

Everyone needs some friends to go adventuring. Going alone just isn't that much fun.

Therefore every game for this month need somebody on your side.

Examples: God of War, LA Noire, Wolfenstein: Youngblood

To be hardcore it isn't enought to just go with your best friend. You need sombode with fur on your side. Or scales. Or just anything that is an animal.

Examples: Jak and Daxter, The Last Guardian, Skyrim

Here comes the reminder for those who haven't posted a game for July:

@AmarisSkye @Caju_94 @Champ147 @Hunter226037 @SyIaris

And the one without a game for three months in a row

@ArdorTichy

And last but not least: September will be a random month. That means it's your turn again to suggest themes. Each participant may suggest only one theme. You have time until the 10th of August to get your suggestions in. Depending on the amount of suggested themes I will decide if I do several voting round.

Question - does the companion need to be visible on screen as you play? I’m looking at some RPGs since I’m on my Vita only, and you play in a party, but I think as you move around the world only one character shows on screen?

For September, my theme suggestion is back to school - play a game where your main character has to learn new skills or powers. For HC, the character must also have multiple XP levels

I'm working on my fourth game now and I'm just 1 mindless grind trophy away from getting it. Anyway, currently I got...

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies

Not sure if this goes down as HC or not. There are stages where you battle in a school lab that may/may not have been underground. I wasn't paying that much attention to story. So I'll just say regular challenge complete as you are in a school. 

Riddled Corpses EX

Started this month

HC - underground cave levels

METAGAL

Started this month

HC - underground stage with lava

Hyperdimension Action Neptunia U

This one I'm technically not done with yet as I still have 1 trophy left for raising "Lily Ranks" which is basically an affection system. I will finish it in next day or two so if you can count it that would be great, if not I understand. 

HC - cave levels

Started this month

4th game of the month if you count it

Sorry for being a bit late, I've been grinding all day to finish up the DLC.

Skyrim

1Sf68d0e.png

Platinum

Hardcore (waaaaay too many caves and underground ruins)

Different event (Bingo)

All DLC

First achievement over a year ago

Had this sitting at 5% for ages and went on a binge to 100%. Can't say that legendary dragon grind has inspired me to go back and complete the PS3 version.  <_<

Didn't get much extra out of the special edition since I could barely run it, but it's still a great (if buggy) game. Huge downside: mods disable achievements. Would be nice if they'd fix that for stuff like the unofficial patch, especially when it's got a pinned mention on the official steam board.

2 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Question - does the companion need to be visible on screen as you play? I’m looking at some RPGs since I’m on my Vita only, and you play in a party, but I think as you move around the world only one character shows on screen?

For September, my theme suggestion is back to school - play a game where your main character has to learn new skills or powers. For HC, the character must also have multiple XP levels

Yes, the companion should be visible. Maybe you have a RPG that has visible party members. I know that there are such RPGs but not if there are any for the Vita that you own.

Ok, I got an idea for the September theme, might be kinda crazy but here goes...

Be Yourself (working title)

Play a game where you can play as multiple characters. So I can see fighting games with big rosters, shooter games like Borderlands, and even RPGs where you can fight as multiple characters like Tales of series (excluding turn based where you just giving commands). 

HC- playing a game where you can create your own character through some kind of character creation system. Examples like Skyrim, Fallout, SAO Fatal Bullet and so on. 

Anyway, just an idea, let me know what you guys think. 

My suggestion for September is A Different World

The game takes place on somewhere other than what present day earth looks like. Games which would count will be things like Prey, Borderlands, Surviving Mars, God of War and Kingdom Hearts.

HC: Your game play changes your environment.  Games which would count would be things like Dishonored, Mass Effect, Dead Rising, any Quantic Dream or Telltale Game. 

@MarkusT1992I completed 10 Games this month.

XCOM: Enemy Within

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Gaming by Numbers)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(There is a mission with a subway tunnel)

Minecraft: Story Mode

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Gaming by Numbers)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(a lot of caves and underground areas)
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).

Game of Thrones

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Level in a Dragon cave)

The Walking Dead: A New Frontier

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Gaming By Numbers)
  • Complete 4 games within one month.(this is the 4th for  the month)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(brief section in a subway tunnel)

Batman(Telltale Game)

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Cmon, it's the batcave)

Batman: The Enemy Within

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Batcave Again)

Assassin's Creed III Remastered

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Lot of caves to explore)

Aer(NA)

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Gaming By Numbers)
  • Complete 4 games within one month.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(Lot of Caves to explore)

Aer(EU)

• Complete a 10 year old game. (Anything released before or within 2009 will be eligible as well as any kind of remake/-master or rerelease of those games)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

Aer(HK)

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Gaming by numbers)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.

• Like 1

@MarkusT1992, I'm submitting Batman: Enemy Within for last month. I have the platinum as well. Since there is the BatCave, does the Hardcore Requirement count as well?

As for the next month, I'm thinking about Digimon World: Next Order then! :)

I also have suggestion themes for September:

1. I will survive!: Play a game where you can die/HC: A game where you can die by getting shot.

2. My kind of game: Play a game of the genre you like the most (For example, my favourite type is a RPG, so I play an RPG game)/HC: A genre you are not used to (For example, I don't play sport games, and play one for the HC requirement)

Edited by Caju_94

All right. I want to get my July info here now. Here are the games:

Castlevania Adventure Collection (100%) - should be hardcore; most of the time, you're indoors.

Borderlands 2 - I already mentioned this one before, but I wanted to mention it for the 4 games deal. I completed all DLC.

Sephirotic Stories - The great thing about RPGs is that you're indoors a lot. There's a lot of outdoor play, too, so I don't know if it's hardcore. Also, I started and ended the game in July.

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - While this game is certainly hardcore (the amount of gameplay indoors is legendary), it's Star Ocean, so it should automatically qualify for ANY hardcore setting. Also, I got my first trophy over a year ago. Actually, I got my first trophy almost 10 years ago.

Plats: 346

Completed Games: 426

Completion %: 83.16%

Companions this month, huh? Well, RPGs are the bomb for that.

My July Summary Report:

+Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

+Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

+Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

July Progress:

Platinum trophies: +2 85~>87
100% completed: +3 93~>96

Completion: -0.24% 97.64~>97.40%

This year progress:

Platinum trophies: +13 74~>87
100% completed: +17 79~>96
Completion: 
+1.12% 96.28%~>97.40%

I was able to wrap up Critical Mode in KH 0.2 BBS last night, but there is wasn't enough time to finish some of the grind-y objectives so I'll have to finish those today or tomorrow. Does Mickey Mouse, Donald and/or Goofy count as somebody with fur as a companion or are they too people-y?

I'll post an idea in the next few days for next month's challenge.

@MarkusT1992 Question about this months theme. Would a game like Attack on Titan qualify. Some missions start you with companions in your group and some dont, you can recurit a decent amount of people per mission up to 4 in your squadron but there are many companions in the map. In the mission select area, you see all your teammates but no one actually walks with you, you can just talk to everyone

19 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I'm working on my fourth game now and I'm just 1 mindless grind trophy away from getting it. Anyway, currently I got...

MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies

Not sure if this goes down as HC or not. There are stages where you battle in a school lab that may/may not have been underground. I wasn't paying that much attention to story. So I'll just say regular challenge complete as you are in a school. 

Riddled Corpses EX

Started this month

HC - underground cave levels

METAGAL

Started this month

HC - underground stage with lava

Hyperdimension Action Neptunia U

This one I'm technically not done with yet as I still have 1 trophy left for raising "Lily Ranks" which is basically an affection system. I will finish it in next day or two so if you can count it that would be great, if not I understand. 

HC - cave levels

Started this month

4th game of the month if you count it

You still have 24h to complete any remaining game after I make the new theme post. I just forgot to write that yesterday. I'd say Hyperdimension Action Neptunia U counts as long as you get the last trophy until the end of the week. Thats another 3 days for you.

12 hours ago, WDB_Chaotic said:

@MarkusT1992 would the lego games count, or do the companions have to be NPCS?

As long as you have another character on your side it works. It doesn't matter if it's a NPC or human player.

9 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

@MarkusT1992, I'm submitting Batman: Enemy Within for last month. I have the platinum as well. Since there is the BatCave, does the Hardcore Requirement count as well?

As for the next month, I'm thinking about Digimon World: Next Order then! :)

I also have suggestion themes for September:

1. I will survive!: Play a game where you can die/HC: A game where you can die by getting shot.

2. My kind of game: Play a game of the genre you like the most (For example, my favourite type is a RPG, so I play an RPG game)/HC: A genre you are not used to (For example, I don't play sport games, and play one for the HC requirement)

Only one theme suggestion per participant.

The second one is a bit vague. It's not easy to check what would count for each person. I prefere themes that are more straightforward.

So if you don't mind I'll note the first theme for you.

4 hours ago, Briste said:

My July Summary Report:

+Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep

+Kingdom Hearts Re: Coded

+Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance

July Progress:

Platinum trophies: +2 85~>87
100% completed: +3 93~>96

Completion: -0.24% 97.64~>97.40%

This year progress:

Platinum trophies: +13 74~>87
100% completed: +17 79~>96
Completion: 
+1.12% 96.28%~>97.40%

I was able to wrap up Critical Mode in KH 0.2 BBS last night, but there is wasn't enough time to finish some of the grind-y objectives so I'll have to finish those today or tomorrow. Does Mickey Mouse, Donald and/or Goofy count as somebody with fur as a companion or are they too people-y?

I'll post an idea in the next few days for next month's challenge.

You didn't submit Re: Coded, did you? I think that was one of the two games that were just remastered cutsceens?

5 minutes ago, Ampplaca said:

@MarkusT1992 Question about this months theme. Would a game like Attack on Titan qualify. Some missions start you with companions in your group and some dont, you can recurit a decent amount of people per mission up to 4 in your squadron but there are many companions in the map. In the mission select area, you see all your teammates but no one actually walks with you, you can just talk to everyone

You aren't required to have a companion all the time. It would also count if you just have one mission with somebody on your side.

From what you wrote you at least see your teammates while recruting theme so it should work. Also if your teammates are visible on the battleground and fight with you it works as well.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You didn't submit Re: Coded, did you? I think that was one of the two games that were just remastered cutsceens?

I didn't for that reason, but it does change my 100% numbers so I included it on the monthly summary.

Stats for end of July:

Platinum trophies: 189 (+4)
100% completed: 278 (+6)
Completion: 44.37% (+0.31%)

Also, my September suggestion:

Long in the Tooth

Regular: Play a game that's part of a series/franchise

Hardcore: Play a game in a 4+ game series/franchise (spin-offs count)