Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

10 hours ago, Dessane said:

@Metal Slime King with the 100% games you will get a gold rating for the month, You still get the image next to your first game of the month like the platinum level. i'll update you when I get back to my desk and you'll see what I mean

ETA: Challenges only have a platinum grade so I'm afraid those games wont count for the challenges sorry

Challenges can also be done with 100% games, so every game that fits the theme count towards them.

Also for the trophy picture for 100% games you should just use the one for completing the game if there is one.

• Like 2

I'd like to join if possible still. I'm not sure what my completion stat was on Jan 1st though as I've earned several trophies already this year. My current stats are... 

Plats/completed games- As of Jan 1st I had 119 platinums and 123 completed (100%) games. I've already earned 3 platinums this year as I finished off some titles I started last year and beyond. So as of right now, I'm now up to 122 platinums and 125 completed games. These are my 2019 plats..

Sega Genesis Classics

Crash Bandicoot 2 (started this game 18 months ago plus it's a 10+ year old game) 

Skyrim Special Edition (started 26 months ago) 

My completion percentage as of Jan 1st is unknown exactly as I earned already said trophies this year. Currently it's at 70.54%

And if I'm reading things right there are two challenges this month? Play a game that was either nominated for or won a GOTY award. If so, I may pop GoW in or maybe Horizon since both qualify I think, not sure if either won an award though. 

Second challenge is play a game that was a free PS+ title at some point but instead of getting it free, you paid for it? If so, I'll have to check up on a few in my library. 

Edit, looked at library, I only have 2 titles that I bought instead of getting free via PS+, Resogun and Darksiders 2 Definitive Edition. Decisions decisions... 

Edited by Champ147

11 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

I'd like to join if possible still. I'm not sure what my completion stat was on Jan 1st though as I've earned several trophies already this year. My current stats are... 

Plats/completed games- As of Jan 1st I had 119 platinums and 123 completed (100%) games. I've already earned 3 platinums this year as I finished off some titles I started last year and beyond. So as of right now, I'm now up to 122 platinums and 125 completed games. These are my 2019 plats..

Sega Genesis Classics

Crash Bandicoot 2 (started this game 18 months ago plus it's a 10+ year old game) 

Skyrim Special Edition (started 26 months ago) 

My completion percentage as of Jan 1st is unknown exactly as I earned already said trophies this year. Currently it's at 70.54%

And if I'm reading things right there are two challenges this month? Play a game that was either nominated for or won a GOTY award. If so, I may pop GoW in or maybe Horizon since both qualify I think, not sure if either won an award though. 

Second challenge is play a game that was a free PS+ title at some point but instead of getting it free, you paid for it? If so, I'll have to check up on a few in my library. 

You can join whenever you want. You have to post your stats how they are at the time you join. So need to still know your stats from one week ago.

None of the games you posted count for this month. Every game you want to use for this event needs to fit the monthly theme.

You're not entirely right. What you probably saw were the themes listed under the "About the themes and challenges" header. The themes listed there are the possible themes for the months. Every month we have a poll like the one currently up where we decide which theme we use for the next month. For January the PS+ theme won so that is the one we use.

You can see the current monthly theme right under the Monthly Madness banner at the top of the first post.

For the theme you can play any game that was part of PS+ no matter if you bought it or got it for free. The part listed under HCR is and additional challenge you can complete if you want to but you don't have to. To see all the challenges available see the "About the themes and challenges" section of the first post.

I hope all of your questions are answerd.

Thanks for clarifying. I'll still likely do the added challenge and play one I bought that went free later. 

So I guess my starting stats are

122 plats

125 completed games (I need to complete more PSN titles) 

70.54% completion

I'm hoping to knock down my backlog of 60+ games, so hope this helps motivate me towards that

I have completed the theme of the month with Onrush. With this game, I've also completed the bonus challenge "Complete a game that you started this month".

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/7680-onrush/AvengedEvil

@MarkusT1992 First of all, thanks for adding me. I've seen you've added my stats as stats at start of 2019. This isn't exactly true, as my stats are as of registering for this event. My exact stats for beginning of this year are a little bit different. I could provide them if needed.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

@MarkusT1992 First of all, thanks for adding me. I've seen you've added my stats as stats at start of 2019. This isn't exactly true, as my stats are as of registering for this event. My exact stats for beginning of this year are a little bit different. I could provide them if needed.

I just checked the previous thread and saw that it was stats when joined or stats before the event. I'm going to change that for everybody signing up after January 1st.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

first game done with psycho-pass: mandatory happiness. ended up playing it for longer than necessary but ultimately a fun game.

Updated you and also added it for the "started this month" challenges. I don't know about any other challenge so let me know if it counts for something else.

Just finished Tearaway Unfolded (PS+ Nov 2017). That was before I had a subscription to PS+ and I picked the game up sometime afterwards in a sale for a couple of bucks, so that should qualify for Hard Core Requirement challenge. I really liked the Vita game and was hoping this was going to be a sequel or it's own game but it was really just a remake with some mechanics changed to fit the PS4. All in all, I liked the Vita version better and was a little disappointed but it was still a good game.

I guess this also qualifies for beat a game in a month but I already got that challenge with King Oddball.

14 hours ago, Metal Slime King said:

Just finished Tearaway Unfolded (PS+ Nov 2017). That was before I had a subscription to PS+ and I picked the game up sometime afterwards in a sale for a couple of bucks, so that should qualify for Hard Core Requirement challenge. I really liked the Vita game and was hoping this was going to be a sequel or it's own game but it was really just a remake with some mechanics changed to fit the PS4. All in all, I liked the Vita version better and was a little disappointed but it was still a good game.

I guess this also qualifies for beat a game in a month but I already got that challenge with King Oddball.

You can complete each challenge multiple times. For each additional game that counts for a challenge you get a star.

On 8.1.2019 at 0:13 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Actually I thought about that quite some time.

I want to play Zero Time Dilema which was free for the Vita. I only have the PS4 version of it though.

Personally I won't use it for this event. But if you really want to use Heavy Rain on PS3 I would count it for you. Technically they are the same ganes.

Yeah, I've been on the fence about it too. In the end I decided not to go for it either. (:

That being said, I just completed Teslagrad. It's been part of PS+ in September 2015, and I bought it in June last year

Truth be told I didn't even really complete it. I got the Platinum and quit the game. When I bought it, I thought it would be a fun little platformer, but to me it was just rage-inducing. I'm glad I'm done with it now and probably will never truly finish it.

Anyways. Since I acquired it separately from PS+, I started and finished it this month, and it counts towards the New Year's Contest, this should check off 3 of the challenges. (:

Once the 10 Things I Hate About Games Event starts on Saturday I'll have a few more games that count towards this month's theme.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Lojtana said:

Yeah, I've been on the fence about it too. In the end I decided not to go for it either. (:

That being said, I just completed Teslagrad. It's been part of PS+ in September 2015, and I bought it in June last year

Truth be told I didn't even really complete it. I got the Platinum and quit the game. When I bought it, I thought it would be a fun little platformer, but to me it was just rage-inducing. I'm glad I'm done with it now and probably will never truly finish it.

Anyways. Since I acquired it separately from PS+, I started and finished it this month, and it counts towards the New Year's Contest, this should check off 3 of the challenges. (:

Once the 10 Things I Hate About Games Event starts on Saturday I'll have a few more games that count towards this month's theme.

When I first played Teslagrad back when it was free I didn't like it that much as well. Probably because I didn't really like Metroidvanias back then. When I played it again years later it was much better for me. I even finished the game B)

@Metal Slime King Three games allready for this month. Are you going for the 4 games in one month challenge?

On 9.1.2019 at 11:50 PM, Kevvik said:

Managed a second PS+ game, Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut, given out by PS+ during Sept 2018. Lord, I hate first person platforming time trials but I got them done.

I also gave you a star for the "Complet a game you started that month" challenge. Let me know if it counts for other challenges as well.

Everything up to this post should be updated again.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I also gave you a star for the "Complet a game you started that month" challenge. Let me know if it counts for other challenges as well.

Thanks. I hardly ever think about the challenges though I usually comment on them in my monthly wrap up.  Only brought them up the first time because I had actually looked at them a little before that.

3 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

Thanks. I hardly ever think about the challenges though I usually comment on them in my monthly wrap up.  Only brought them up the first time because I had actually looked at them a little before that.

That's why I check the challenges every time before I post about my completed games.

31 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Three games allready for this month. Are you going for the 4 games in one month challenge?

Well I started Orcs Must Die which shuts down in April so I might not being playing much of anything else until then, we'll see. I don't know if it counts but I finished Batman: Arkham Asylum on PS4 yesterday. The game was given out for PS3 quite awhile back, before I had PS+ but I bought a used copy for the PS3 and platted it a couple of years ago. I recently picked up the re-release combo pack on sale cheap because they were two of my favourite games. It's up to you if it counts but if it does then I guess that would be the 4 games in one month challenge. :awesome:

No worries if it doesn't, I started late December and wasn't really thinking about this event at the time.

I also finished my first game for this month with Guacamelee Super Turbo Championship Edition which was part of PS+ in May 2015 two months before I got my PS4.

It counts for the following challenges

• Hardcore: I had no Playstation console and thus no PS+ when it was given out.
  • Other event: It counts for the Bingo Bonanza even as well as for the 10 things I hate event.
  • DLC: I also got all the DLC trophies for the game.
  • Started in that month: I started the game on January 2nd.
  • Like 2

Same platform, then? No problem, still got this month covered.

Went back and got the platinum for InFamous: Second Son. Counts for hardcore; bought it a few months before it was included in PS+, figuring if they hadn't by then they weren't going to.  :|

Had less trouble on my Expert run, somehow. Handy that the evil route makes the first stage of the final boss fight a complete joke.

1Sc82313.png

That is a very boring icon.

Edited by SyIaris
  • Like 1