Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

12 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I don't have that problem with new games because I can't install anything right now. Both drives are full, worth a total of about 6TB. I still have God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Odessey to install to just name the bigest ones. There are still some more. Trying to finish bigger games like Spider-Man to make some room for other games.

I answered this question a few posts earlier but here again.

You can't get a monthly rank when the base list is already completed. However completing all the DLC will still grant a challenge star for the DLC challenge.

So in your case you can get a star for that challenge.

You also could do the challenge without completing the base list.

Alright I knew it wouldn't count for a game was asking just about the challenge good to know. Thanks

6 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

@Lojtana I can't count Steins:Gate for the 10 year challenge. The game must have been released in the month, or earlier, in which you want to use it.

According to Wikipedia the first release of Steins:Gate was in October 2009 which is a few months too late.

Sorry, my bad. I only read the part where it says that the game must have been released within 2009. 

Sorry guys, I'm going to drop out of this.

Things have gotten a bit busier for me, so my gaming priorities have changed and I don't think I'll be able to meet the monthly themes over the course of the year.  Thanks for continuing to run the event though and I'll be sure to look in from time to time to see how everyone is doing ^_^ 

12 hours ago, Mesopithecus said:

Sorry guys, I'm going to drop out of this.

Things have gotten a bit busier for me, so my gaming priorities have changed and I don't think I'll be able to meet the monthly themes over the course of the year.  Thanks for continuing to run the event though and I'll be sure to look in from time to time to see how everyone is doing ^_^ 

I'll move you to the inactive list then in case you want to come back at some time.

6 minutes ago, Hunter226037 said:

Do stacks of games count? Like if I do the ps3 and ps4 version of skyrim will it count as 2 games this month? I have the same question about region stacking.

Yes they count. Every game you complete can be used. The only exception to this are cross-save games that auto pop all the trophies like Sound Shapes.

So as long as you earn the trophies in every stack the normal way your are good to go.

Meant to do an update on the last day of January but it completely slipped my mind. Didn't get much done last month, finished just the one game:

Burly Men at Sea (November 2018 PS Plus line up)

-Complete a game you started in that month

Stats Changes:
Platinum trophies: +1
100% completed: 0
Completion: +0.28

Already finished one for February without realizing it. Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight. Don't know if if counts as Hardcore, as changing clothes is very important to unlocking two of the social links, and several trophies are tied into that, but core gameplay is the same. So if progression counts for the HC requirement, then it counts for that and also doing it for another event. 

Gonna try to hit four games for this category this month.

@MarkusT1992 Apologies for the late reply.

I completed Color Guardians for my PS+ game of January.

It also counts as towards another event (Bingo Bonanza) and the completed the game after 2 years so should count towards First Trophy earned a year ago.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: 142 (+6)
100% completed: 237 (+6)
Completion: 57.66% (+ 0.67%)

Edited by Psy-Tychist

17 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Already finished one for February without realizing it. Persona 5 Dancing in Starlight. Don't know if if counts as Hardcore, as changing clothes is very important to unlocking two of the social links, and several trophies are tied into that, but core gameplay is the same. So if progression counts for the HC requirement, then it counts for that and also doing it for another event. 

Gonna try to hit four games for this category this month.

As long as it is important to change clothes, no matter for what, it counts for the hardcore requirement. From what you wrote you have to change clothes to unlock something so it's good.

This event was always pretty chill with what games count and I won't change that.

For everybody else: Updated everybody up to this post. Let me know if I missed something.

• Like 1

One question: does changing clothes entail changing appearance? Or is it merely the operation of changing attire that matters? 

I ask because pretty much every RPG ever has you changing armor throughout the game, and this change is often vital to progression. However, in many of them, your appearance does not change.

EDIT: Never mind. I just saw in the first post the answer to this.

Edited by starcrunch061

Second game for February done.

Game: Fallout: New Vegas

Challenges:

Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Bingo Event)
Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).

Thanks for the sign-up. I have my first plat for the new theme:

DRAGON QUEST XI

Plenty of new outfits to wear (one of the trophies even requires you to find all of them). Further, I think this will be hardcore; the dress-up outfits also include each character's best armor in the game, which certainly makes it very important in the grand scheme of things. This definitely won't be the last plat this month - I've already started Infamous: Second Son, and still threaten to finish FFX-2 (although that one might be a ways off).

Current stats:

Completed games: 397

Plats: 320

Completion%: 81.73 (curse my starting a new game before posting this!)

I have finished my first game of the month being  Fist of the North star: Lost Paradise

You are able to change between a few outfits but its not important in beating the game

Once again this game is being used for other events such as bingo bonanza and PSNP Weeblympics

• Like 1

Finished a game that qualifies here without even meaning to :D Played through Rime, which also counts as a game that I started this month and counts toward another event (Bingo). I think it may qualify for the HC requirement as well, since there is a trophy that requires a specific outfit to be worn, and also a trophy for collecting all the outfits.

Edited by Dinkus83
Added game link

Just finished the platinum for Borderlands 2. I am not sure if changing your clothes is super necessary so probably not a HC requirement met, however, it is important that you change your gear (Not sure if that changes anything?). I got my first trophy in the game over a year ago, and this is being used for bingo bonanza. 

On 12.2.2019 at 5:17 PM, Dinkus83 said:

Finished a game that qualifies here without even meaning to :D Played through Rime, which also counts as a game that I started this month and counts toward another event (Bingo). I think it may qualify for the HC requirement as well, since there is a trophy that requires a specific outfit to be worn, and also a trophy for collecting all the outfits.

I'll count it for the hardcore. Needing a specific outfit for a trophy is enough for me to count as important.

3 hours ago, The_Accountant13 said:

Just finished the platinum for Borderlands 2. I am not sure if changing your clothes is super necessary so probably not a HC requirement met, however, it is important that you change your gear (Not sure if that changes anything?). I got my first trophy in the game over a year ago, and this is being used for bingo bonanza. 

With gear you probably mean your weapons and shields/grenads. That's not what is ment for this month, so no hardcore for you. Still enough for the normal theme with the costumes you can find.

For myselfe I finished my first and probably only game of the month with Marvel's Spider-Man. A great game by the way, probably the best Spider-Man game ever. You can unlock a lot of different suits to use, most of which were used by Spidey in the comics. No hardcore though as it doesn't really matter which suite you use. The following challenges are also completed by this game:

• Different even: I'm using it for the Bingo Bonanza event.
  • All DLC: I finished all the DLC with the last one this night. I can't sinc at the moment though due to maintenance.
  • Like 1

OK, finally back on here. Just completed Dragon Quest Heroes: The World's Tree Woe and the Blight Below. This game just has a series of costumes you can unlock and use, so all cosmetic. It was also started and finished this month. And I'm also using this game for Bingo challenge. 

May give School Girl Zombie Hunter a go and knock that off my 60+ game backlog and get the HC challenge with it. 

Edited by Champ147

Finished my big game for the month: Hitman Absolution

1L9e6210.png

(The platinum image kicks so much ass)

This was a really weird game to go through since the only Hitman games I've played were the the 2016 reboot and sequel so going back to this game felt really archaic... and unfair. The hard mode playthrough felt like a slog because of poor disguise mechanics, insane field of vision and additional enemies. But I really liked the story that it told; seeing conflict in the life of Agent 47 about feeling guilty towards a hit on Diana and seeing Victoria possibly going down the same path as him was interesting. Overall, a meh game. The 2016 version is a lot more enjoyable (also a PS+ game this month).

Challenges cleared:

• Hardcore (Disguises are a necessity)

Might see if I can slot in something else this month, but I'm really not sure. Might be able to fit in LA Noire.

Edited by ArtikSkarab

I completed a game that qualifies for the theme of this month, Orcs Must Die! Unchained. You can buy different outfits that update your character. I bought most of them since they are giving out a big whack of free in game cash because they are shutting down the servers in April. Outfits don't have any effect beyond cosmetics though. Sadly I didn't beat the game in a month but I did beat it more than a month faster than the previous 100% time, due mainly to that free cash and being able to max out my traps when I started playing. Too bad that wasn't one of the stated challenges. :awesome:

So that's a February :platinum: for me.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I’ve completed three more games to hit the four games mark for the month.

Conan Exiles (fulfills HC, another event and started this month)

God of War 2 (fulfills another event, started this month, and 10 years old)

Resident Evil 2 (fulfills another event and started this month.)

You'll also get a 10 year old star for Resident Evil 2, as it is a remake of the the game from 1998. Remakes/remaster also count for the challenge in case you didn't know.

I'll update the thread either today or tomorrow.

• Like 1