Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

Got the platinum done for Skyrim. Definitely qualifies for the monthly as your armor changes your appearance. Not sure it qualifies for the HC though you do have to equip the Ebony Mail from one of the Daedric quests for the quest to complete when building towards the Oblivion Walker trophy.  Glad I got it done today since I will likely have next to no play time tomorrow.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, SyIaris said:

@Champ147

Looks like Far Cry 3 is probably good.

Thank you very much. Yup, FC3 is indeed good for the HC challenge. Wingsuit and hang gliders are prominent. 

I might just try to FC myself out and hit all 3. Only 1 for HC but the others are still good games. 

11 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Got the platinum done for Skyrim. Definitely qualifies for the monthly as your armor changes your appearance. Not sure it qualifies for the HC though you do have to equip the Ebony Mail from one of the Daedric quests for the quest to complete when building towards the Oblivion Walker trophy.  Glad I got it done today since I will likely have next to no play time tomorrow.

It should most certainly be HC. The requirement doesn't go so far as having quests need specific clothes. The clothes just have to change your appearance while playing an important role in game. Since all armor in Skyrim can be seen on your character and having those armor pieces directly effect your stats and ability to do things, that's all it takes. 

Updates are done and the following people haven't posted a game for this month:

@ArdorTichy @AS_CHAOTIC @Dessane @diskdocx @Fitzquaid @Howling-Lady @InfinateEternity @Kittet3 @Lojtana @Psy-Tychist @Uchiha_Snake__ @Violino @ZachGM91

On 27.2.2019 at 7:12 PM, SyIaris said:

Highly doubt I'll finish up Dragon Quest in time (but hey, it'll count for next month - handy), and it's been a terrible month for gaming, so...

Silver rank - Kingdom Hearts: Final Mix

4S579760.png

Probably uses a skip, but it does have forced costume changes on some worlds.  :dunno:

I gave you the :silver: rank without using a skip. The bold is enough for me to count. I wasn't sure anymore if the first KH had that as well.

On 27.2.2019 at 7:29 PM, Crimson Idol said:

Reading about next month's theme requiring the character to be able to walk (besides using any kind of transportation) is a small bummer for me as I expected that racing games would be a good fit for the theme. Nonetheless I found a suitable game and it doesn't take that long to beat which is definitely a plus for next month. :D 

Sorry that racing games are out. I thought the titel for the theme is enough to see that your character should be able to use some sort of transportation.

I also need a quick game and try to finish Jak and Daxter (without the debug menu)

17 hours ago, Kevvik said:

As Champ147 already said it qualifies for hardcore. In RPGs armor changing is always important. And because you see the armor in Skyrim it counts for HC.

25 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Updates are done and the following people haven't posted a game for this month:

@ZachGM91

I'm currently working on mine. Hopefully should have it beat by the end of the day. Won't have a platinum to show for it, but it'll be better then using a skip.

Edit: Don't think this will count but had to ask to be sure. Would Kingdom Hearts II count? A main mechanics is the Drive forms, which changes how your clothes look while you're in it. If it doesn't count, I still have Saints Row IV.

Edited by ZachGM91

March's theme will be

It's better than Walking

Are you tired of walking? Then this month is for you. Every game where your character can use any sort of transportation except his/her own feet counts.

No matter if it is a car, a plane or a ship.

Examples: Grand Theft Auto, Sleeping Dogs, Kingdom Hearts, LEGO Marvel's Avengers

For the Hardcore requirement your means of transportation has to be something without an engine.

That can be everything you can imagine. From normal things like a horse or a hang glider to the more exotic things like webs or giant balls of yarn.

Examples: Marvel's Spider-Man, Just Cause 4, Assassin's Creed Origins, Far Cry 3

As of this post you still have 24h left to finish your games for February.

Also April's theme is Random. That means that each participant can suggest a theme.

When suggesting a theme you have to include a basic requirement plus a hardcore requirement. You also can add some games as example if you want.

The suggestion phase will last until the 15th. Then I will start the poll with all the themes you suggested.

22 minutes ago, ZachGM91 said:

I'm currently working on mine. Hopefully should have it beat by the end of the day. Won't have a platinum to show for it, but it'll be better then using a skip.

Edit: Don't think this will count but had to ask to be sure. Would Kingdom Hearts II count? A main mechanics is the Drive forms, which changes how your clothes look while you're in it. If it doesn't count, I still have Saints Row IV.

You still have time to finish your games, so no worries.

I counted Kingdom Hearts for SyIaris so I also would count Kingdom Hearts 2

Edited by MarkusT1992

So, end month stats...

4 games completed of which 2 count for the theme, Dragon Quest XI and Skyrim, both for the HC as well.  Additionally, Skyrim was started this month.  Finished a DLC for Skyrim but not all of it so I'm pretty sure I can't count for that challenge.

Also finished Inksplosion and htoL#NiQ: The Firefly Diary for the Vita birthday event but these don't work for this.

Stat changes:

February

Plats: +4

100%: +3

Completion rate: +0.11%

Event

Plats: 154 (+12 for the event)

100%: 202 (+13 for the event)

Completion rate: 83.36% (+1.23% for the event)

Completion rate should take a hit this month with 10 new games for KYC9.  Inner Space is on my list so completion for that should count for this.  Also, Old Man's Journey that I started yesterday for a mellow break after a month of Skyrim may apply as well.  Already did a train-riding section and another trophy implies a truck driving scenario as well.  As I play through others, we'll see what else gets added.

Edited by Kevvik

Stats at the end of February:
Platinum trophies: this month 17 (+2) / all year (+4);
100% completed: this month 24 (+4) / all year (+7);
Completion: 41.52% this month (+0.28%) / this year (+0.84%).

I'm still impressed that I all my stats are still getting up, I mean so many new games I'm playing recently and my completion rate is till high, of course this means I'm playing a lot for this to happen, but with no focus in one game, just for fun.

@MarkusT1992

Sorry, it was a crazy month with Vita plat anniversary, a valentines event on .org and life. Which has been too busy.

Its still Feb 28 here, so I forgot about the time zone difference.

I did plat Skykanders Imaginators early in the month, which I think should count. You create a custom character that you equip with gear. There are actually 3 trophies for doing this.

i had other games that I started - GTAVC and Wanted - but couldn’t finish them. I did get more than 4 games completed this month though, for that bonus challenge.

Sorry for the late update. I will be prompt in March I promise!

So beat two games for February.

1S599a69.pngKingdom Hearts II Final Mix: There are worlds that force a costume change, such as Space Paranoids and Halloween Town. Plus the Drive Form change the color of your outfit when used. 

Hardcore?: The Drive form change the color of your outfit, though I'm not sure if that counts or not. I'll let you decide if it does.

Different PSNP challenge: Winter 2018/2019 Backlog Challenge, Bingo Bonanza

14S142f57.pngSaints Row IV (Beaten, no Platinum)

Started this month

Different PSNP challenge: Bingo Bonanza

End of February Stat update

• Platinum trophies: 39 (+11)
  • 100% completed: 50 (+12)
  • Completion: 81.38% (+4.99%)
Edited by ZachGM91

No other games or DLCs for Super Lucky's Tale finished so here's the current stats:

Platinum trophies: 213 (+6)
100% completed: 267 (+12)
Completion: 75.16% (+0.70%)

As I'm also part of KYC #9 my completion rate will probably drop by a larger amount during March but I still hope that it will stay in the positive compared to the starting completion rate of 74.16%.

The game I plan to finish during the event is ToeJam & Earl.

Played this a few years ago but didn't feel like finishing it. It's quite short and besides having an isometric perspective (which I can use for the Bingo Bonanza) it also features some other ways to move across the map. Having shoes with integrated jet engines to move across water and wings to fly for a short while definitely fulfills the requirements for March's theme. :D 

Edited by Crimson Idol

Well, I didn't go for anything else for this month, so it will stay at 1 plat only for Hitman, which was already added. This month, I'm definitively finishing AC: Origins for the HC requirement and maybe something else (hopefully LA Noire).

Stat changes for End of February:

• Platinum trophies: 168 (+6)
  • 100% completed: 252 (+10)
  • Completion: 44.24% (+1.18%)

I tried to complete Dragon Age Inquisition for this month, but I'm stuck at the final battle on nightmare and really can't be bothered to sit here all day to level up, just to beat him. But since I finished the story for the first time this month, I could get a Silver Rank for that, right? 

In addition to that I completed all DLCs for Horizon Zero Dawn for the DLC Challenge. 

My February stats:

• Platinum trophies: 61 (+12)
  • 100% completed: 74 (+14)
  • Completion: 61.36% (+4.74%)

My stats at the conclusion of February are:

Platinum trophies: 77 ~> 79 (+2)
100% completed: 82 ~> 86 (+4)
Completion: 96.04 ~> 96.96% (+0.92%)

Since the start:

Platinum trophies: 74 ~> 79 (+5)
100% completed: 79 ~> 86 (+7)
Completion: 96.28% ~> 96.96% (+0.68%)

Definitely none of my games qualify for the HC component...and I'm on the fence about The Banner Saga 2 or Batman: Arkham VR qualifying at all...if they don't I'll use a skip...if they do then that's cool too. With Banner Saga 2, you do not change clothes but you do accessories so I guess it depends on if you consider accessories to be clothes or not. I could understand either way whether it gets the thumbs up or thumbs down. In Batman, you do actually change clothes when you go from Bruce Wayne to Batman and it is significant to the game, but it does not have a platinum so....

I will be playing Kingdom Hearts in March so I think I'll be all set for this months challenge.

I'll think on a recommendation for April

Edited by Briste

17 hours ago, diskdocx said:

@MarkusT1992

Sorry, it was a crazy month with Vita plat anniversary, a valentines event on .org and life. Which has been too busy.

Its still Feb 28 here, so I forgot about the time zone difference.

I did plat Skykanders Imaginators early in the month, which I think should count. You create a custom character that you equip with gear. There are actually 3 trophies for doing this.

i had other games that I started - GTAVC and Wanted - but couldn’t finish them. I did get more than 4 games completed this month though, for that bonus challenge.

Sorry for the late update. I will be prompt in March I promise!

For the challenges all games must fit the monthly theme. Unless 4 of your completed games had something to do with changing clothes I can't give you that challenge.

I'll at least count Skylanders.

16 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

@MarkusT1992 I think you might have missed a gold star on my stats. I finished 4 games but you only gave me 2 stars.

You even get a blue star. You completed 4 platinum games that count. No clue why I forgot to add the last star :facepalm:

13 hours ago, ZachGM91 said:

So beat two games for February.

1S599a69.pngKingdom Hearts II Final Mix: There are worlds that force a costume change, such as Space Paranoids and Halloween Town. Plus the Drive Form change the color of your outfit when used. 

Hardcore?: The Drive form change the color of your outfit, though I'm not sure if that counts or not. I'll let you decide if it does.

Different PSNP challenge: Winter 2018/2019 Backlog Challenge, Bingo Bonanza

14S142f57.pngSaints Row IV (Beaten, no Platinum)

Started this month

Different PSNP challenge: Bingo Bonanza

End of February Stat update

• Platinum trophies: 39 (+11)
  • 100% completed: 50 (+12)
  • Completion: 81.38% (+4.99%)

I'll count KH II but only for the base theme. I already counted it for somebody else.

9 hours ago, Lojtana said:

I tried to complete Dragon Age Inquisition for this month, but I'm stuck at the final battle on nightmare and really can't be bothered to sit here all day to level up, just to beat him. But since I finished the story for the first time this month, I could get a Silver Rank for that, right? 

In addition to that I completed all DLCs for Horizon Zero Dawn for the DLC Challenge. 

My February stats:

• Platinum trophies: 61 (+12)
  • 100% completed: 74 (+14)
  • Completion: 61.36% (+4.74%)

I can give you some extra time to finish up the last trophies if you want.

You are correct that you get a silver rank for completing the story.

4 hours ago, Briste said:

My stats at the conclusion of February are:

Platinum trophies: 77 ~> 79 (+2)
100% completed: 82 ~> 86 (+4)
Completion: 96.04 ~> 96.96% (+0.92%)

Since the start:

Platinum trophies: 74 ~> 79 (+5)
100% completed: 79 ~> 86 (+7)
Completion: 96.28% ~> 96.96% (+0.68%)

Definitely none of my games qualify for the HC component...and I'm on the fence about The Banner Saga 2 or Batman: Arkham VR qualifying at all...if they don't I'll use a skip...if they do then that's cool too. With Banner Saga 2, you do not change clothes but you do accessories so I guess it depends on if you consider accessories to be clothes or not. I could understand either way whether it gets the thumbs up or thumbs down. In Batman, you do actually change clothes when you go from Bruce Wayne to Batman and it is significant to the game, but it does not have a platinum so....

I will be playing Kingdom Hearts in March so I think I'll be all set for this months challenge.

I'll think on a recommendation for April

I counted both games for you, at least for the base theme.

4 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

One question about March: if your character can naturally fly, does this count towards the event? It's better than walking, after all...

Actually I thought about flying and decided to count it when it is with wings or anything else but not flying like Superman.

Which game do you have in mind?

1 hour ago, Howling-Lady said:

I didn't get any games done in Feb, so I'll use a skip for it. Im really close to finishing KH2 so that should be good for March.

With the skips you can use any game for a month even when it doen't count for a theme. That means you still have to complete a game.

Ok, so my stats update:

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +10
100% completed: +16
Completion: +1.21%

The only games I played which had any clothes related options were Rayman Origins (which I haven't finished the story) and Minecraft Season One.

Not sure if either count really.

Just realized that I forgot to post my February stats. I haven't done anything noteworthy the last couple days, since I've been really busy with school stuff. So, it is still a pretty accurate reflection. Only got Rime finished for the challenge this month, and that's already been noted.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 27
100% completed: 68
Completion: 40.18%

Stats now:

Platinum trophies: 32 (+2 for the month; +5 for the year)

100% completed: 77 (+5 for the month; +9 for the year)

Completion: 41.74% (+0.77% for the month; +1.56% for the year)

Two suggestions for April:

1. Too good to be forgotten

Requirement: Play a game that was remastered or remade

HC: Play a remaster or remake of a game that was originally released before the PS3/X360-gen (aka prior HD-games)

2. That's gimmicky

Requirement: Play a game that uses system-specific features (Six Axis for PS3, Touchpad for PS4, Touchscreen or Gyro for Vita, etc.)

HC: Play a game that requires external peripherals (smartphone apps, camera, Move, PS VR)

• Like 2