Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

On 3/1/2019 at 3:04 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Actually I thought about flying and decided to count it when it is with wings or anything else but not flying like Superman.

Which game do you have in mind?

I was actually thinking of Spider-Man of all things. I know what he does isn't flying, but it's close enough. Web travel counts, then, since the web is separate from his natural ability?

2 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Two suggestions for April:

1. Too good to be forgotten

Requirement: Play a game that was remastered or remade

HC: Play a remaster or remake of a game that was originally released before the PS3/X360-gen (aka prior HD-games)

2. That's gimmicky

Requirement: Play a game that uses system-specific features (Six Axis for PS3, Touchpad for PS4, Touchscreen or Gyro for Vita, etc.)

HC: Play a game that requires external peripherals (smartphone apps, camera, Move, PS VR)

I love the first one. I don't like the second one, mostly because I don't like gimmicks.

I have an Idea for next month:

There Was a Book?!

Play a game that is an adaptation of a book, movie, manga, comic book, ECT.

(Examples: Batman: Arkham Asylum, Back to the Future, Alice: Madness Returns, Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise)

Hardcore: Play a game that is an adaptation of an adaptation

(Examples: LEGO Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Danger of the Ooze, Ratchet And Clank (2016))

3 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

I was actually thinking of Spider-Man of all things. I know what he does isn't flying, but it's close enough. Web travel counts, then, since the web is separate from his natural ability?

Spider-Man was one of the games I listed as an example for the hardcore theme, so yes it counts.

It depends on which Spider-Man you're talking about if the web shooting is a gadget or a natural abillity.

Hey,

Here's a little stats update.

Platinum trophies: 436 (+36)

100% completed: 511 (+40)

Completion: 99.65% (+0.15)

My idea for next month:

It stacks up!

Requirement: Complete a game that has more than one stack.

HC: Complete a stack from a different region than yours.

Didn't manage to complete my February game, too much came up. I'll just have to make sure I do it this month.

Question about this months theme, do the Spyro games count? I still have to finish Spyro 3.

5 hours ago, Violino said:

Question about this months theme, do the Spyro games count? I still have to finish Spyro 3.

I can't remember anything that would qualify for the theme. That also could be because I haven't played any Spyro game for a very long time.

Since Spyro is a dragon his wings wont't count because they are parts of a dragon.

6 hours ago, Violino said:

Didn't manage to complete my February game, too much came up. I'll just have to make sure I do it this month.

56 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I can't remember anything that would qualify for the theme. That also could be because I haven't played any Spyro game for a very long time.

Since Spyro is a dragon his wings wont't count because they are parts of a dragon.

Spyro 3 should probably count.

There are sections where he has to ride a skateboard and IIRC Spyro 3 also features a section where he has to ride a submarine, although that is automated sequence.

Edited by Crimson Idol

Cleared my first game for this month: Assassin's Creed: Origins

1Ld659b2.png

I really enjoyed this game; the story was good, Bayek was a really nice character and the new controls felt like a god-send compared to the old AC games' combat. A definitive recommendation.

Challenges cleared:

• Hardcore (Horses, camels, chariots, boats)
  • 1 year game

Next, my suggestion for the April challenge. It was difficult to figure out a challenge that was interesting while still letting a wide breath of choice for what to use.

Parental Control:

• Play a non-mature game (M for ESRB, 16 for PEGI, C for CERO)
  • Hardcore: Play an all-ages game (E or E10 for ESRB, 3 or 7 for PEGI, A for CERO)

Finally a question, if I complete all DLC for a game I already have the Platinum, can I use that for the DLC challenge?

Well, got a silver out of the way if I need it. Hoping to get some quick plats and then finish Dragon Quest, though.

Does Plague Inc count? Technically, "you" travel by plane, ship, livestock, bugs, bats, rats, humans, etc... but calling a general disease/parasite a character feels a bit odd.

22 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Spyro 3 should probably count.

There are sections where he has to ride a skateboard and IIRC Spyro 3 also features a section where he has to ride a submarine, although that is automated sequence.

It doen't matter if it is an automtaic sceen or a playable one. It would be enought if you could use a train as passenger.

9 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Finally a question, if I complete all DLC for a game I already have the Platinum, can I use that for the DLC challenge?

Yes you can, if it fits the theme.

5 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Well, got a silver out of the way if I need it. Hoping to get some quick plats and then finish Dragon Quest, though.

Does Plague Inc count? Technically, "you" travel by plane, ship, livestock, bugs, bats, rats, humans, etc... but calling a general disease/parasite a character feels a bit odd.

Plague Inc. wasn't one of the games I thought about with this theme. Technically it is some kind of transportation for a bakterium or virus. On the other hand you aren't really controlling the bakterium/virus yourselfe. That's a difficult question. Right now I'm more on the it doesn't count side because it's more simulation with an operator feel than a real character you're playing.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2019 at 11:04 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

Actually I thought about flying and decided to count it when it is with wings or anything else but not flying like Superman.

So Aurora's magic wings (Child of Light) would count?

Also, I've realized that my first trophies in Salt and Sanctuary were earned a year (and a half) ago, so would that qualify it for the respective challenge? 

7 hours ago, AvengedEvil said:

Hey,

In Creepy Road, there is a section in which you're sitting on a rocket and fly through the level. If this counts as transportation, this would be my first game for the current theme.

R91NmsI.jpg

If you normally are walking in other levels then yes. It doesn't matter what your transport vehicle is.

1 hour ago, NetEntity said:

So Aurora's magic wings (Child of Light) would count?

Also, I've realized that my first trophies in Salt and Sanctuary were earned a year (and a half) ago, so would that qualify it for the respective challenge? 

I would count them, As far as I know you don't have wings normally in Child of Light.

Yes it counts for the challenge. It was your February game, wasn't it?

On 1.3.2019 at 8:45 AM, ZachGM91 said:

So beat two games for February.

1S599a69.pngKingdom Hearts II Final Mix: There are worlds that force a costume change, such as Space Paranoids and Halloween Town. Plus the Drive Form change the color of your outfit when used. 

Hardcore?: The Drive form change the color of your outfit, though I'm not sure if that counts or not. I'll let you decide if it does.

Different PSNP challenge: Winter 2018/2019 Backlog Challenge, Bingo Bonanza

14S142f57.pngSaints Row IV (Beaten, no Platinum)

Started this month

Different PSNP challenge: Bingo Bonanza

End of February Stat update

• Platinum trophies: 39 (+11)
  • 100% completed: 50 (+12)
  • Completion: 81.38% (+4.99%)

Sorry to quote the same post again but while updating I noticed that you only finished the story for Saint's Row IV. Challenges only apply for games that grant at least a :gold: rank.

Also we never had someone with a :gold: or :platinum: rank earn another :silver: rank. I added a :silver: in addition to your :platinum: because we don't have a star for silver ranks.

On 2.3.2019 at 9:59 AM, Psy-Tychist said:

Ok, so my stats update:

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +10
100% completed: +16
Completion: +1.21%

The only games I played which had any clothes related options were Rayman Origins (which I haven't finished the story) and Minecraft Season One.

Not sure if either count really.

If my memory serves me right you can chose an armor in one of the episode of Minecraft. That means I gave you a platinum rank plus a star for the DLC challenge.

We already have some suggestions for next month so I wanted to ask if I should pre select like 3 or 4 themes to vote from or use every single theme suggested, no matter how many there will be? Originally I decide to add every suggestion to the poll but if more people want a smaller list I would reduce them to a reasonable amount throught random.org.

Finally, everything should be up to date again. As always let me know if I missed something. Infortunately it can happen with the amount of things to update.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Plague Inc. wasn't one of the games I thought about with this theme. Technically it is some kind of transportation for a bakterium or virus. On the other hand you aren't really controlling the bakterium/virus yourselfe. That's a difficult question. Right now I'm more on the it doesn't count side because it's more simulation with an operator feel than a real character you're playing.

Yeah, it seemed like it could go either way. All good, already got something for this month - just figured I'd grab it to pump my plats up to 99 and might as well ask. Thanks.  :)

Finished my first game for March, Crayola Scoot. 

1L71b4f9.png

You have a scooter, which qualifies for the hardcore conditions. Also started and completed this month and also for another event.

ill come back at the end of the month to report any other Gabe’s I play that qualify instead of clogging the topic with too many posts. Thanks!

Theme idea, gotta go fast

Basic requirement is any game where being fast is needed. Essentially this will cover all racing games or similar games. Can also include any game where you can drive or use something to help you go very fast. 

HC is any game that is NOT a racing game AND has something that requires you to move fast. Could be a game that has speed run trophies. Or maybe a game that has time trials. Examples, Gravity Rush or Crash Bandicoot 1-3

Not sure if it's a good idea but it's likely the best one I got, let me know what you guys think.  

• Like 1

I forgot to post my idea for April. 

With Avengers Endgame coming out next month what about this for a theme.

With Great Power...

Play any game where you are a hero with “superpowers”

HC requirements: Play a game where you specifically control any Marvel superhero.

Edited by DoctorDrPepper

11 minutes ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

I forgot to post my idea for April. 

With Avengers Endgame coming out next month what about this for a theme.

With Great Power...

Play any game where you are a hero with “superpowers”

HC requirements: Play a game where you specifically control any Marvel superhero.

The hardcore requirement could be a bit too limiting. If we would include DC there should be some more games.

Here's a couple of possible ideas...

April is National Pet Month in the UK - Play a game that has pets, summons or animals HC element is a game where you get to play as the pet or animal. Examples: Banner Saga 2 (player tames a bear and can summon him into battle), tons of JRPGs involve summons or pets

April is also National Guitar Month in several countries - Play a game where music or rhythm is a key component  HC element play a game where your character actually plays an instrument. Examples: Final Fantasy X-2, Persona 4 Golden, Sounds and Shapes, etc

Edited by Briste

Forgot to do a stat update last week, so here it is now! o w o

Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +4
100% completed: +5
Completion: +0.85%

As for next month's theme, I don't really have any suggestions. I do like some of the ones suggested though, particularly There was a book?! and Too good to be forgotten.

I'd like to join!

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 31
  • Current number of 100% completed titles: 40
  • Current completion percentage: 29.92%

For March, I plan to beat Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on both PS3 & PSVita. They each have their own trophy lists so I hope they count as two Platinums.

Edited by AmarisSkye
Update