MonthlyMadnessTC

Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Rainy Day - Vote for August's theme

Vote for August   25 members have voted

  1. 1. August 2019

    • Was it murder?: The games have some element of crime in it/HC: Play as the bad guy
    • It's better together: Play a game where you have a companion/HC: Your companion has to be an animal

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

582 posts in this topic

I totally forgot about this this month so have nothing to show for it. I'll use a skip if we still have them (first time ever for me, dash it all) and try to do better next month.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Kevvik said:

I totally forgot about this this month so have nothing to show for it. I'll use a skip if we still have them (first time ever for me, dash it all) and try to do better next month.

We still have skips. You just have to say which game you'd like to use with your skip.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I already submitted Crash Bandicoot DLC earlier this month along with Crash Bandicoot 3. Now to go with those, since the last update I've completed...

Spyro the Dragon

  • 10 Year old game
  • HC challenge complete
  • Started and finished this month

Spyro the Dragon 2

  • 10 year old game
  • HC challenge complete
  • Started and finished this month

Spyro the Dragon 3

  • 10 year old game
  • HC challenge complete
  • Started and finished this month
  • 4 game challenge complete (Crash 3, Spyro 1, Spyro 2, Spyro 3)

 

And so many choices for game of the year category. I've fairly certain these games have at least been nominated but not sure how many winners I have. Can someone let me know if any of the following games count for the HC challenge for May, or if it counts at all? I know they have all been hyped up and have generally had positive reviews but not sure if GOTY worthy. Thanks

  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Far Cry 5
  • Bloodborne
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

We still have skips. You just have to say which game you'd like to use with your skip.

 

I'll go with Mary Skelter for the skip. I'll post my monthly stats tomorrow.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Champ147 said:

And so many choices for game of the year category. I've fairly certain these games have at least been nominated but not sure how many winners I have. Can someone let me know if any of the following games count for the HC challenge for May, or if it counts at all? I know they have all been hyped up and have generally had positive reviews but not sure if GOTY worthy. Thanks

  • God of War
  • Horizon Zero Dawn
  • Far Cry 5
  • Bloodborne

God of War and Bloodborne count for the hardcore. I also used those two as an example.

Horizon: Zero Dawn only counts for the normal theme as far as I can see and Far Cry 5 doesn't count at all.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@MarkusT1992 Are their any specific awards we are looking at, I assume the Game Awards would count, But what about the Golden Joysticks, SXSW Game awards etc?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

27 minutes ago, AS_CHAOTIC said:

@MarkusT1992 Are their any specific awards we are looking at, I assume the Game Awards would count, But what about the Golden Joysticks, SXSW Game awards etc?

 

I posted a link at the top of the first post that leads to a Wikipedia article with all the different awards. You can use anything that's listed under the active awards section.

Only thing to pay attention to is that it is Game of the Year and not something like Adventure game of the Year or Indi game of the Year.

Edited by MarkusT1992
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought I would beat the game I was playing before I had to start next month, but oh well. Update:

 

Platinum trophies: 53 (+25)
100% completed: 61 (+23)
Completion: 76.40% (+9.5)

 

I have two games lined up, but my playing may slow down for a few months as I'll be dealing with family for awhile. It won't happen until like a week or two and you probably don't care, but I thought I should give a heads up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

Can I please sign up. I have 27 platinum trophies and have 39 completed games. Completion percentage is 36.49%

Edited by Chris1-1sirhC
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't manage to complete more games so here are my stats for April:

  • Platinum trophies: 67 (+18)
  • 100% completed: 82 (+22)
  • Completion: 63.75% (+7.07%)
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

i completed Onimusha Warlords for this month

  • Complete a 10 year old game. (orginal release was out in 2001 
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (songkran festival)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(ps2 game)
  • Complete a game that you started this month

 

For next month would borderlands game of the year count. was also wondering are we able to play the remake of a game if the original won the award. an example is shadow of colossus won game awards back in 2006 but can i play the one that just came out last year

Edited by Ampplaca
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ZachGM91 said:

Thought I would beat the game I was playing before I had to start next month, but oh well. Update:

 

Platinum trophies: 53 (+25)
100% completed: 61 (+23)
Completion: 76.40% (+9.5)

 

I have two games lined up, but my playing may slow down for a few months as I'll be dealing with family for awhile. It won't happen until like a week or two and you probably don't care, but I thought I should give a heads up.

No problem in slowing down a bit. Some things are more important than gaming.

 

8 hours ago, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Can I please sign up. I have 27 platinum trophies and have 39 completed games. 

You still have to post your starting completion percent. After you have done that I can add you.

 

31 minutes ago, Ampplaca said:

i completed Onimusha Warlords for this month

  • Complete a 10 year old game. (orginal release was out in 2001 
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (songkran festival)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.(ps2 game)
  • Complete a game that you started this month

 

For next month would borderlands game of the year count. was also wondering are we able to play the remake of a game if the original won the award. an example is shadow of colossus won game awards back in 2006 but can i play the one that just came out last year

I would say that remaster/remakes of those games also count as long as they are the same game and don't change to much. So most remakes should count.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Final update for the month. I am disappointed that I didn't finish the DLC for Borderlands and Burnout Paradise Remastered but I am doing a bunch of events right now & was away for the last weekend of the month so there just wasn't time.

 

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)

  • Complete a 10 year old game (September 23, 2002)
  • Complete a game that counts towards another PSNP event (Songkran Festival)
  • Complete 4 games in one month
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore Requirement (originally released for PS2)
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 38 (+7)
100% completed: 46 (+6)
Completion: 33.52% (+3.6%)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the only Game l did was 36 Fragments of Midnight for a quick and easy plat since I've almost exclusively played Super Mario Odyssey. So I guess I have to use a joker for this month.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What Remains of Edith Finch qualifies for HC, will be free for PS+ this month, and takes 2-3 hours to complete. Handy. I'll probably try for Dragon Age Inquisition for a plat...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I forgot to post this, actually I didn't even play anything yet, so I doesn't matter, but here it is.

Stats at the end of April:
   Platinum trophies: this month 23 (+1) / all year (+10);
   100% completed: this month 30 (+1) / all year (+13);
   Completion: 47.18% this month (+0.86%) / this year (+6.5%).

I hope to play any game this month (it's not just to earning trophies, just to play for fun), April was a surprise month, but it has passed, now after this post I will see what I can play for this month challenge and then play something later. I have to say my stats is still increasing even when a lot of stuff happened, that's great to see, this actually gave me a boost to go back to play some games.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stats update for the month

  • Platinum count +17  (625 start, 668 current +43 for the year)
  • 100% completed +19 (908 start, 959 current +51 for the year)
  • Completion -0.01% (99.33% start, 99.32% current)

2 more completions for April, 4 total (already submitted Zeus Quest and MW Remaster)

 

Spyro The Dragon

  • Fulfils HC requirement challenge
  • Complete a 10 yr old game 
  • Completed in the month it was started

Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

  • Fulfils HC requirement challenge
  • Complete a 10 yr old game 
  • Completed in the month it was started
  • Complete 4 games in one month

Lastly, I cleaned up Bioshock Remastered - I already had the plat, but completed the DLC in April. Does that count or not?

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/05/2019 at 0:18 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

 

 

As I stated on a previous post around here somewhere, I skipped April's challenge, since I was outside of my country for two weeks.

I just came back now. :P 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Lastly, I cleaned up Bioshock Remastered - I already had the plat, but completed the DLC in April. Does that count or not?

The Bioshock DLC only counts for the DLC challenge.

 

10 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

 

As I stated on a previous post around here somewhere, I skipped April's challenge, since I was outside of my country for two weeks.

I just came back now. :P 

Then I just forgot about that. When I write the post I just check who hasn't an entry for that month and mention them.

No problem in skipping a month but checking your profil you completed Ratchet & Clank which would count because it is a reboot of the first Ratchet & Clank game.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

April wasn't terribly productive for me...only re-100% Final Fantasy XV and got the one game completed but it least it counted for the monthly theme. Here are my stats to date entering May:

 

This month:

Platinum trophies: +1 82~>83
100% completed: +2 88~>90

Completion: +0.29% 96.94%~>97.23%

 

This year:

Platinum trophies: +9 74~>83
100% completed: +9 79~>90
Completion:
+0.95% 96.28%~>97.23%

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The Bioshock DLC only counts for the DLC challenge.

 

Then I just forgot about that. When I write the post I just check who hasn't an entry for that month and mention them.

No problem in skipping a month but checking your profil you completed Ratchet & Clank which would count because it is a reboot of the first Ratchet & Clank game.

 

Oh, but the story was already completed before the month, so I didn't know it would count. If it does count, then I guess you can do it. :P 

My mistake then!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Caju_94 said:

 

Oh, but the story was already completed before the month, so I didn't know it would count. If it does count, then I guess you can do it. :P 

My mistake then!

Since this event is for getting :platinum: trophies or 100% in games it doesn't matter how far you are in a game. The only restriction is that you have more than 1 trophy left before the plat or 100%.

I saw that you got more than one trophy in April so it counts.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, really slack in getting my stats for last month posted...

 

Stat changes:

 

April

Plats: +3 

100%: +5

Completion Rate: +0.77%

 

Event

Plats: 162 (+20 for the event)

100%: 212 (+23 for the event)

Completion Rate: 83.22% (+1.09% for the event)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First game for May

 

Celeste

1Se8b9b7.png

 

Winner of multiple Game of the Year awards of 2018. I don't see why though. Just a Meat Boy-like with nicer graphics. Only bought it originally cause of a lot of my friends going on about it. Finally played it, whatever.

 

Qualifies for hardcore, played for another event (Bingo) and started this month.

 

also i've yet to update my stats so here's that.

 

Plats: 202

100% 200

Completion %: 80.01

 

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do remastered versions of these games count toward the hardcore challenge?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.