Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

Here is my post for June. It was a slow month for me in regards to games but a very busy month because it was PRIDE and I went to multiple events.

Murdered Soul Suspect  :platinum:

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. (:platinum: with 49 trophies)

The Walking Dead Collection  :platinum:

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Summer 2019 Backlog Challenge)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. (:platinum: with 52 trophies)

STATS UPDATE

Platinum trophies: 44 (+13)
100% completed: 56 (+16)
Completion: 35.82% (+5.9%)

I'm sorry I forgot to post this, I unfortunately was busy outside of games, the good part that the stats are intact for me to post here, I didn't earned any trophies this month already, so before I play something here it is. And I'm so close now to 50% completion. ?

Stats at the end of June:
   Platinum trophies: this month 25 (+1) / all year (+12);
   100% completed: this month 34 (+2) / all year (+17);
   Completion: 49.68% this month (+1.72%) / this year (+9%).

18 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

You still have 24h after the new theme post is made to complete any remaining games for a month. If you want I can still count Shovel Knight for June.

Sure. Why not?

Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove: 42 Trophies

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Gaming By Numbers
  • Complete all currently released DLC
  • Got your first trophy a year ago: 22nd Nov 2017

There is my final game for the month if you feel like adding it.

My hope for this month is to have at lest the main game of Borderlands 2 done before my nephew goes home (which just happens to be the end of the month). Fingers crossed. For now, I'm on to Oxenfree.

Just an update on the stats:

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +42
100% completed: +49
Completion: +3.90%

Hopefully will have a couple of options for this month, probably Far Cry 4 if I can find a willing Co-op partner.

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Just an update on the stats:

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +42
100% completed: +49
Completion: +3.90%

Hopefully will have a couple of options for this month, probably Far Cry 4 if I can find a willing Co-op partner.

Let me now if you need help in Far Cry 4.

Got my first game for this month with the play for Cosmic Star Heroine.  Hardcore also applies as you have an underground base, caves, not-so-secret laboratories as well as other indoor areas. Also played for KYC X so gets that bonus as well.

Now I can just kill my completion rate without having to worry about forgetting to finish something for this. Whew!

Edited by Kevvik

1st game for the new month - Cat Quest. Should count also for the hardcore, as the game has multiple underground caves/dungeons to clear out.

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (using this for the Color by Numbers Event as well)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete a game that you started this month
  • Like 1

Finished The Bard's Tale. Definitely qualifies as HC as there are plenty of underground cairns and ruins to explore. Also qualifies as the most "Scottish" game I've ever played so if that comes up as a monthly theme I'm pretty much boned because I don't know any others. A funny story sort of offset by horrendous play mechanics but at least there are in game cheats that don't disable trophies for when you get tired getting insta-ganked by off-screen enemies. Worth the $0.33 I payed for it in the last Humble Bundle and hey the exact same Humble Bundle is going on right now!

• Like 1

my first game for July is Donut County most of the story takes place underground so it should count for the hardcore challenge, also counts forthe following challenges:

Complete a game you started this month

Counts for another event (KYC X)

On ‎02‎.‎07‎.‎2019 at 0:01 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

You have to tell me which game you want to use for the skip.

Sorry for the delayed reply. For the skip, I'd like to use X-Morph: Defense.

For this month, I already completed the HC requirement with Cybarian: The Time Travelling Warrior, as parts of this game take place underground. This game also counts towards Gaming by Numbers 2019.

First game of the Month:

Oxenfree: The game has a few buildings that you briefly go in

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Gaming by Numbers 
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement: The game's story pretty much starts out in a cave, and ends in an underground bunker.
  • Started this month

Getting close to beating my second game and possibly my third as well.

Do games count that have no outside areas? Because I finished Spy Chameleon yesterday, but you're always inside some rooms there and never outside. 

If it does count, it should also count as a game that counts towards another event (Bingo Bonanza) and as a game in which I got the first trophy over a year ago. 

Completed my first game of the month: Beholder: Complete Edition

This qualifies for:

• Rainy Day Theme Platinum (Most/99% of the game takes place inside an apartment complex though to do have access to the outside and must go outside for mail)
  • Hardcore Requirement: Your family lives in the basement and all reporting/important calls are made there
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event (both Kill Your Completion X and Gaming by Numbers) 
  • Complete a Game that you started this month (Began this game on the 1st of July for Kill Your Completion X) 
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game (not sure if this counts because the complete edition includes the DLC (Blissful Sleep) and the DLC is merged with the trophy list for the platinum so this one is iffy?) 

Edited by Ashuri-B
Strikeout'd the complete all currently released DLC because it didn't count

On 11.7.2019 at 0:50 PM, Lojtana said:

Do games count that have no outside areas? Because I finished Spy Chameleon yesterday, but you're always inside some rooms there and never outside. 

If it does count, it should also count as a game that counts towards another event (Bingo Bonanza) and as a game in which I got the first trophy over a year ago. 

Games entirely set inside also count.

On 11.7.2019 at 7:36 PM, Ashuri-B said:

Completed my first game of the month: Beholder: Complete Edition

This qualifies for:

• Rainy Day Theme Platinum (Most/99% of the game takes place inside an apartment complex though to do have access to the outside and must go outside for mail)
  • Hardcore Requirement: Your family lives in the basement and all reporting/important calls are made there
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event (both Kill Your Completion X and Gaming by Numbers) 
  • Complete a Game that you started this month (Began this game on the 1st of July for Kill Your Completion X) 
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game (not sure if this counts because the complete edition includes the DLC (Blissful Sleep) and the DLC is merged with the trophy list for the platinum so this one is iffy?) 

For the DLC challenge the game needs at least one DLC trophy pack. Games that have DLC merged in the base list don't count.

So in your case the DLC challenge isn't met.

Everything up to this post is up to date again.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Platinum for Ether One

Challenges

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - Gaming by Numbers 2019 and Summer Backlog
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month - two levels are in mines

Stats

Platinum - 29

Completed games - 42

Completion Percentage - 36.82%

Edited by Chris1-1sirhC

I completed with The Lord of the Rings: Aragorn's Quest my second game of the month.

It should count towards these challenges:

• Hardcore Challenge (There is a whole level in a mine and multiple caves throughout other levels)
  • Another Event (Gaming By Numbers)
  • Finished Within a Month 

Second Game of the Month: Burly Men at Sea

• Rainy Day Themed Platinum: One of the storyline branches take place inside of a cave. Each storyline branch takes place inside of a whale (they actually complain about how are they going to have adventures at sea stuck inside, which gave me a laugh) 
  • Hardcore Challenge: As mentioned, one of the storyline branches involve escaping through a cave
  • Complete a Game That Counts Toward a Different PSNP Event: Also Gaming by the Numbers (second completion for that event as well!)
  • Complete a Game That You Started This Month 

Update for me. Got a few more done

Through the Woods

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event ~ using this for the Gaming By Numbers Event
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. ~ this game has several sections where you have to go through caves

Noir Chronicles: City of Crime

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. ~ during the game you have to break out from jail by going through underground tunnels

LEGO Move: The Videogame

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. ~ during the game you have to escape a submarine and swim through underwater tunnels/cave
  • Complete 4 games within one month.

Another one for the month

Devious Dungeons

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event ~ using this for the Gaming By Numbers Event
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month. ~ the whole game takes place underground

Completed my first game from this month 

Vampyr which completes 3 challenges

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event. (Numbers)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month (you are a vampire and gotta be indoors alot and that includes sewer systems and caves)
  • Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago. (June 11th 2018 was first trophy

Got the plat for Sherlock Holmes The Devil's Daughter.

There's a lot of going in and out of buildings and there's also some underground section where you need to go into the sewer.

So this also fullfills the hardcore requirement.

I also obtained 100% for Machinarium.

Again multiple buildings and some sections that require you to go below buildings. So also fullfills the hardcore requirement. 

Only 3 months short of being a 10 year old game (darn)

Finished my first game of the month with Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep. It covers the Hardcore requirement for the month as there is action that takes place in the Seven Dwarve's mine in addition to inside a dungeon (prison cell dungeon). I'm also using this game for other events (Bingo, Gaming by Numbers, Gaming Pyramid). The game really was pretty good. I rank it second best on my list of KH games so far just behind KH2.