Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

On 1/29/2019 at 8:34 PM, Dessane said:

My game this month was inspired by @Briste, I ended up going through Grim Fandango, A great old fashioned game but the tank controls were a bit of a pain. Playing through without a guide was a good decision too.

I'm happy my selection inspired you. It really was a no-brainer for me since it hit so many of the extra challenges. It took me a little while to get used to the tank controls too, but after a while it didn't really bother me too much. I did the same thing for the most part. I made a save at the beginning of each year and played through normal and then immediately replayed the save if I missed a trophy. I found the puzzles to be more straight forward than the Day of the Tentacle. The inventory being much smaller helped. Overall, it was a humorous game, that wasn't very stressful and could be knocked out in a short amount of time...that's a win, win, win in my book. Congrats!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Gesyca said:

Hey I did it! :) 
Man this one was so hard to me, but I got this platinum, after 3 playthroughs.

Fallen Legion: Flames of Rebellion (January 2019)

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: 10 Things I Hate About Games;
  • Started this month.

Only now that I see "HCR: Any game you bought before or after it was part of PS+", it just made one game available for me to finish in a couple of hours, maybe I'll try it or notHa, look at me trying to complete things in the last day. Anyway, but this one was enough for me, I even thought I wasn't going to get it.

You still have some time left to complete any unfinished game from the point of the rollover post I'm going to do shortly after writing this.

9 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

Wanted to sign up before February started

• 112 Platinum trophies
  • 113 Completed games
  • 93.84% completion percentage

Signed you up. This earned you at least the :bronze: rank for January

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

Well, it's not the game I claimed earlier, but I 100%'ed Abzu for my game of the month. Zone of the Enders was so unappealing after 5 minutes or so that I just put it back down.

It seems you weren't in the participants list up to this point. I don't know if I missed you or if you never signed up. In any case I would need your starting stats to add them to the post.

A quick reminder to the following people that they don't have a game done for this month.

@cerafinn@DoctorDrPepper@eigen-space@Fitzquaid@InfinateEternity@Mesopithecus@Psy-Tychist@Uchiha_Snake__

Also @InfinateEternity I'm still missing your starting stats.

February's theme is "Are these Clothes new?"

This month is all about how you look. Any game that features a clothing system is eligable for this month.

You can buy new clothes in a store? You can change your costume in RPG's? It works. The only rule is that you musst be able to see the clothing on your character

Example games: GTA V, Saint's Row IV, RPG's with the same character model/sprite for every armor

Want to go the extra mile for the hardcore requirement?

Then changing your clothes is very important in that game.

Any game in which it is essential to change your clothes will be eligable.

HC examples: Hitman series, Assassin's Creed 3: Liberation, RPG's with visible armor changes

As of this post you have 24h to finish up your games for January.

For some more examples for the hardcore challenge you can look at this post:

And last but not least here are my stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: +2
100% completed: +5
Completion: +0.36%

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 3

Just finished my game for January on the buzzer. 2064: Read Only Memories. and for the hardcore component I had bought the LRG physical copy right before it went up for free like a few months later. It also qualifies for started this month and played for a different event. Have a feeling those two categories are gonna get completed a lot for me this year.

I completely forgot to post about the games that I finished after the first one, so here is a list of the games and challenges that I completed:

Burly Men At Sea (PS+ November 2018)

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.
  • Complete a game that you started this month

Steins;Gate (PS+ December 2018)

• Complete a 10 year old game.

Master Reboot (PS+ October 2018)

• Complete a game that you started this month.
  • Complete 4 games within one month.

This month was definitely a good start for me. I got to reduce my backlog a bit and I managed to finish a few different challenges.

For the next month I'm thinking about playing Final Fantasy X-2, since the in-game costume changes should count towards the Hardcore challenge. But we'll see if I'm really going for that one.

Lastly, here's my stat update:

Platinum Trophies: 61 (+12)

100% Completed: 72 (+12)

Completion Percentage: 60.62% (+4%)

OK, catch up time for the month...

Finished 4 games for the event:

Master Reboot (PS+ Oct 2018)

Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut (PS+ Sept 2018)

Burly Men At Sea (PS+ Nov 2018)

Gone Home (PS+ Jun 2016)

So the 4 games in a month for the theme challenge has been met.  I started them all this month so they qualify there and they were all involved in multiple events (Bingo Bonanza, and others) so a few challenges knocked off for this year.

Finished some other games that weren't from Plus as well.

Stat changes:

January

Plats: +8

100%: +10

Completion Rate: +1.12%

Totals: 

Plats: 150 (+8 for the event)

100%: 199 (+10 for the event)

Completion Rate: 83.25 (+1.12% for the event)

Was trying to finish Dragon Quest XI for the New Years Event but the last two days just haven't given me the time.  Will hopefully finish it up by this weekend so I'll get the clothing and HC for that (visible costume changes) once it's done.

Edited by Kevvik

Besides Comix Zone right at the beginning I wasn't able to finish any other PS+-related game. And besides voting for the Clothing-theme I don't know if there's any suitable game for me right now.

Just to make it sure:
Completing all DLC of a game where you already had the base game completed doesn't count, or does it?

Because the only game I can come up with right now would be Spider-Man, where I still need to finish the new game-mode.

Besides that here are my current stats:

Platinum trophies: 208 (+1)
100% completed: 257 (+2)
Completion: 74.76% (+0.30%)

Well, it turns out I was able to fit one last game before the end of January.

Soma :gold: (December 2018)

• Counts towards a different event (10 Things I Hate)
  • Complete a game you started this month

This definitively wasn't my cup of tea. I really dislike horror games and, even with the safe mode, found this stressing me out. The world that they are presenting is super interesting though.

For February, my main goal will be Hitman: Absolution for the HC requirement. After that, we'll see.

Stats at the end of January:
Platinum trophies: 166 (+4)
100% completed: 250 (+8)
Completion: 43.86% (+0.80%)

I only have two games that I think would count for this month, those being Dragon Ball XenoVerse. The good new is that I already have a good number of the trophies for both games. The bad news is that I really don't want to go back to them since it's been awhile since I've played them and I'll have to relearn how to play them. I can't remember if Horizon Zero Dawn counts, but if it does, I will do that.

End of January Stat update

• Platinum trophies: 35 (+7)
  • 100% completed: 46 (+8)
  • Completion: 79.94% (+2.54%)

7 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Besides Comix Zone right at the beginning I wasn't able to finish any other PS+-related game. And besides voting for the Clothing-theme I don't know if there's any suitable game for me right now.

Just to make it sure:
Completing all DLC of a game where you already had the base game completed doesn't count, or does it?

Because the only game I can come up with right now would be Spider-Man, where I still need to finish the new game-mode.

Besides that here are my current stats:

Platinum trophies: 208 (+1)
100% completed: 257 (+2)
Completion: 74.76% (+0.30%)

Unfortunately it won't count for a monthly rank if the base list is already completed. It would still count for the DLC challenge though.

7 hours ago, ZachGM91 said:

I only have two games that I think would count for this month, those being Dragon Ball XenoVerse. The good new is that I already have a good number of the trophies for both games. The bad news is that I really don't want to go back to them since it's been awhile since I've played them and I'll have to relearn how to play them. I can't remember if Horizon Zero Dawn counts, but if it does, I will do that.

End of January Stat update

• Platinum trophies: 35 (+7)
  • 100% completed: 46 (+8)
  • Completion: 79.94% (+2.54%)

IIRC the different armors in Horizon: Zero Dawn are visible on Aloy so it would count for the hardcore. If not it's still usable for the month because you definetely have several armors.

4 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

Does dying clothes count? For example in AC2 you dont necessarily change outfits but you can change the color of the outfit.

Aren't there different capes you can unlock in addition to the colors? If so it would count. I would say that only changing colors of clothes is not enough.

@Lojtana I can't count Steins:Gate for the 10 year challenge. The game must have been released in the month, or earlier, in which you want to use it.

According to Wikipedia the first release of Steins:Gate was in October 2009 which is a few months too late.

Q: What titles are eligible for the challenge that requires 10 years old games to be played?

A: Any software originally released before or in the months of the themes 2009 and any form of remake, remaster or port of this software is eligible for this challenge. That means for January 2019 everything release in January 2009 or earlier can be used. The same for February, March and so on.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

Platinum trophies: 15 (+2)
100% completed: 20 (+3)
Completion: 41.24% (+0.56%)

I couldn't play another game for January because I've played Frantics with friends, but ok that was great, now I need to focus more on some games because I'm in two different events. The games of this month looks bigger in length for me, so I need to think better, the first month gave me a lot of experience about this event, but I'm gladly it end up everything in green after my many purchases. You know how a new game looks so shine and tempting instead of playing what you should be playing for the event. I'm looking at you Spyro.

For this month, I think I will try Rise of the Tomb Raider or the South Park: The Fractured But Whole, both games I've bought during Black Friday, that's the two that I remember having those things that I can think in accomplish this month. Hope that I will find another later one, but for now it's this ones. I don't know with any of them are legible for the HC, I'll see it later. So let's plan and then play my event games.

2 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Unfortunately it won't count for a monthly rank if the base list is already completed. It would still count for the DLC challenge though.

That's good to hear nonetheless.

Just found a game that might be suitable for the normal challenge with Valentino Rossi: The Game as it seems to feature the possibilty to customize the rider like most of the Milestone-games.

I just completed Hatoful Boyfriend ? for which I've earned my trophy in November 2017 - another challenge done. It also counts for another event (10 things I hate - platinumless)

My stats as of now:

Platinum trophies: 27 (+1)
100% completed: 28 (+2)
Completion: 51.04% (+1.11%)

Edited by ArdorTichy

Finished my last one just in time! Since my last update, I've completed Tales from the Borderlands (definitely my favorite Telltale game that I've played) and Burly Men at Sea. Here's what they qualify for:

Tales from the Borderlands (PS+ May 2017)

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event (Bingo event)

Burly Men at Sea (PS+ Nov 2018)

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event (Bingo again)
  • Complete a game that you started this month
  • Complete 4 games within one month

Very excited that I was able to get the 4 games challenge done this month, and clear out some games from my backlog to make more room on the PS4 :D

My stats now:

Platinum trophies: 30 (+3)
100% completed: 72 (+4)
Completion: 40.97% (+0.79%)

Planning to (hopefully) finish Diablo III in February, so that should count for the HC challenge. Armor changes are visible in that game.

My stats at the conclusion of January are:

Platinum trophies: 77 (+3)
100% completed: 82 (+3)
Completion: 96.04% (-0.24%)

I'm playing several RPG's this month that deal with changing accessories, but not clothes so I'll have to see what is in my backlog that would qualify. Good first month everyone!

Haven't been on much but updating for last month. 

i completed Q.U.B.E. Directors cut. it is a 100% game no platinum

now im not sure if this counts but i finished up all the current dlc for Killing Floor 2 during the month. I already had the Platinum but will that count towards the challenge @MarkusT1992

my new stats are

Platinum trophies: 22 -->24 (+2)

100% completed: 16 --> 21 (+5)

Completion%: 52.08 --> 54.95% (+2.87%)

For next month first game i will be going after is Fist of the North star: lost paradise

Edited by Ampplaca

3 hours ago, Gesyca said:

Platinum trophies: 15 (+2)
100% completed: 20 (+3)
Completion: 41.24% (+0.56%)

I couldn't play another game for January because I've played Frantics with friends, but ok that was great, now I need to focus more on some games because I'm in two different events. The games of this month looks bigger in length for me, so I need to think better, the first month gave me a lot of experience about this event, but I'm gladly it end up everything in green after my many purchases. You know how a new game looks so shine and tempting instead of playing what you should be playing for the event. I'm looking at you Spyro.

For this month, I think I will try Rise of the Tomb Raider or the South Park: The Fractured But Whole, both games I've bought during Black Friday, that's the two that I remember having those things that I can think in accomplish this month. Hope that I will find another later one, but for now it's this ones. I don't know with any of them are legible for the HC, I'll see it later. So let's plan and then play my event games.

I don't have that problem with new games because I can't install anything right now. Both drives are full, worth a total of about 6TB. I still have God of War, Red Dead Redemption 2 and Assassin's Creed Odessey to install to just name the bigest ones. There are still some more. Trying to finish bigger games like Spider-Man to make some room for other games.

28 minutes ago, Ampplaca said:

Haven't been on much but updating for last month. 

i completed Q.U.B.E. Directors cut. it is a 100% game no platinum

now im not sure if this counts but i finished up all the current dlc for Killing Floor 2 during the month. I already had the Platinum but will that count towards the challenge @MarkusT1992

my new stats are

Platinum trophies: 22 -->24 (+2)

100% completed: 16 --> 21 (+5)

Completion%: 52.08 --> 54.95% (+2.87%)

For next month first game i will be going after is Fist of the North star: lost paradise

I answered this question a few posts earlier but here again.

You can't get a monthly rank when the base list is already completed. However completing all the DLC will still grant a challenge star for the DLC challenge.

So in your case you can get a star for that challenge.

You also could do the challenge without completing the base list.