Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

7 hours ago, Hunter226037 said:

Do remastered versions of these games count toward the hardcore challenge?

Only if the remaster doesn't change much.

Most remaster/remakes should work but Ratchet & Clank for example won't count if it had won an award.

@MarkusT1992 I have nothing for April at all, nothing which would come close.

For May, I'm going for Uncharted 4 which has a GOTY from BAFTA in 2016 in a year dominated by Overwatch being the main GOTY.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +22
100% completed: +29
Completion: +2.12%

On 5/1/2019 at 10:54 AM, AmarisSkye said:

Final update for the month. I am disappointed that I didn't finish the DLC for Borderlands and Burnout Paradise Remastered but I am doing a bunch of events right now & was away for the last weekend of the month so there just wasn't time.

Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus (PS3)

• Complete a 10 year old game (September 23, 2002)
  • Complete a game that counts towards another PSNP event (Songkran Festival)
  • Complete 4 games in one month
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore Requirement (originally released for PS2)
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

New Stats:

Platinum trophies: 38 (+7)
100% completed: 46 (+6)
Completion: 33.52% (+3.6%)

It looks like this never got added to my total for April.

Yesterday, I completed the EU stack of "What Remains of Edith Finch". This game has won the British Academy Games Awards back in 2017.

Furthermore, I started this game within this month and it also couns towards this PSNP event: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/74028-may-2019-trophies-for-trophy-hunting-competition-may-1st-may-31st/

16 hours ago, diskdocx said:

@MarkusT1992

This is going to be a tough month as I don’t have a lot that will qualify. I did finish Spyro 2 today. This was on Push Square’s top 10 GOTY list for 2018.

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2019/01/game_of_the_year_2018_our_top_ten_favourite_ps4_games_of_2018

Will this qualify for the basic requirement?

Since they do their GotY every year I would count Spyro. But since they nominated the Reignited Trilogy I will only count one of the three games this month.

12 hours ago, AmarisSkye said:

It looks like this never got added to my total for April.

I haven't done any updates since the start of this month. I was planning to update later today.

Everything should be up to date tomorrow at the latest.

• Like 2

On 1.5.2019 at 7:03 AM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Can I please sign up. I have 27 platinum trophies and have 39 completed games. Completion percentage is 36.49%

Added you to the thread.

Welcome to the event and have fun.

On 8.5.2019 at 11:32 PM, Psy-Tychist said:

@MarkusT1992 I have nothing for April at all, nothing which would come close.

For May, I'm going for Uncharted 4 which has a GOTY from BAFTA in 2016 in a year dominated by Overwatch being the main GOTY.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 136
100% completed: 231
Completion: 56.99%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +22
100% completed: +29
Completion: +2.12%

You can still use a skip with one of your completed games for April if you want.

@diskdocx If you want to use Spyro for May, please make a new post with the challenges it counts for.

Everything should be up to date again. You know the drill: Let me know if something is missing or wrong.

I don't know that I am going to beat any more games this month that fit the challenge so here is my May post (minus my stats which I will put in at the end of the month). I am posting games with a platinum first and then the one I got that doesn't have a platinum.

Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice :platinum: (Nominated for 2018 BAFTA GOTY)

• Complete a game that counts towards another PSNP event (Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge)
  • Complete a game in which you got you first trophy a year ago.

The Walking Dead [PS3] :platinum: & 100% (Won 2012 Spike Video Game Awards GOTY)

• Complete a game that counts towards another PSNP event (Spring 2019 Backlog Challenge)
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement for the month.
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game.
  • Complete a game that you started this month.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture :platinum: (Nominated for 2016 BAFTA GOTY)

• Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago

FEZ 100% (Won 2012 Eurogamer GOTY) 

• Complete 4 games in a month.
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement for that month.
  • Complete a game in which you got your first trophy a year ago

In regards to my thoughts about the games: Hellblade is one that I picked up as soon as it released digitally (it was actually my first digital pre-order through the playstation store). I absolutely loved it when I first started playing but had gotten stuck on the Valravyn portion of the game. This game was emotionally taxing as I have mental illnesses myself and also could empathize greatly with the character of Senua which is the other reason I put it off for so long. This game has some of my favorite fighting mechanics ever and it was a lot of fun doing the battles. I know I haven't mentioned the graphics or the soundtrack but that is because they are probably the easiest things to give praise to. I really hope that Ninja Theory continues this series.

This is my third playthrough of The Walking Dead (first was on PC & second was on Vita). Of all of the Tell Tale games, it is probably my favorite which is why I have no problem playing it multiple times. I will likely play it at least once more within The Walking Dead Collection on PS4 for the Project Platinum it is part of. I love the characters of Lee & Clementine. I honestly have grown to really despise some of the other characters (Kenny & Ben) so I find myself wishing they were dead close to when I meet them. The Two out of Three trophy was the bane of my existence for two days and almost kept me from completing the DLC.

I am honestly not sure why people shit all over Everybody's Gone to the Rapture as its an absolutely stunning game with a well written sci-fi narrative and phenomenal soundtrack. I am not surprised it was nominated for as many awards as it was. I can see people's complaint about the movement speed but personally, I thought it went at a smooth and solid pace. Trying to play it during the holiday season while working retail was a mistake. I am glad to have finally given it the attention it deserves and to actually finish it.

The key gameplay mechanic in FEZ of being able to rotate the world is what makes it so interesting. Its a game that doesn't give you too much guidance on where to go and encourages you to explore the entirety of each area. I went through it in a very methodical way to clear out each area as efficiently as possible. I love the graphic style and the music. This is another game that I will almost definitely play again, especially because I have a copy on Steam already.

Edited by AmarisSkye
  • Like 2

On ‎09‎.‎05‎.‎2019 at 7:27 AM, AvengedEvil said:

Yesterday, I completed the EU stack of "What Remains of Edith Finch". This game has won the British Academy Games Awards back in 2017.

Furthermore, I started this game within this month and it also couns towards this PSNP event: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/74028-may-2019-trophies-for-trophy-hunting-competition-may-1st-may-31st/

I also completed the NA stack, but this one doesn't count towards another PSNP event.

So, this month, I will got the gold rank! :) I 100%'ed What Remains of Edith Finch. I really enjoyed the experience (during the night, with all lights out).

It is part of the list that was shared ruing the event, and it was nominated to many awards.

Edited by Caju_94

Quite a struggle to find something this month as i'm very time limited, so hopefully this counts, i've completed Minit which was number 15 in Polygon top 50 games of 2018 (which seems to be their GOTY awards). Surprisingly fun little game actually. Reminds me of Half- minute hero which i really enjoyed on the PSP many years ago.

Assuming its ok then it also qualifies for the finish a game you started this month challenge

Just finished Nier: Automata, which counts as a hardcore for May as it was in that wikipedia list you provided as Hardcore Gamer's pick of the year. Double Hardcore! One of the better games I've played recently, so good job Hardcore Gamer, on being the only group I believe to pick Nier: Automata as your GotY. :awesome::platinum:

Also counts as finished this month. 2 weeks and 2 days. Really got sucked in. Could've got the plat a couple of days ago because there's an in game merchant that you can buy trophies off of with in game currency but

Spoiler

there was a second secret boss mission that I wanted to see which to unlock I would've had to do everything anyways.

Got 2 games to put up for right now:

What Remains of Edith Finch (⭐) Winner: BAFTA 2017

• Started This Month
  • Hardcore

I really liked this game. It was really interesting seeing the different styles used for each of the stories. While it won't be my favorite walking simulator (that goes to Everybody's Gone To The Rapture), it will be a close second.

Grim Fandango Remastered (:platinum:) Wnner: Gamespot PC GOTY 1998

• 10 year old
  • Different Event (Songkran)
  • Hardcore (?)
  • Started a year ago

I remember when I played this game back in 1999 and was enthralled by the atmosphere and how unique it looked. This is still a great game to go back to.

I'm not sure if Grim Fandango can be counted for the Hardcore since they split console and PC games back then; up to you to decide.

• Like 1

On 11.5.2019 at 0:57 PM, Chris1-1sirhC said:

Thanks got adding me to the event. I have just finished What Remains of Edith Finch. 

My new totals are:

27 platinums

40 completed games 

36.65% completion

Since it is your first game you submit I added the challenges for you.

For future updates please add which challenges are completed with your game. In case you don't know: In the main post is a section with a few different challenges you can complete.

On 18.5.2019 at 4:23 PM, dizzyshadow said:

Quite a struggle to find something this month as i'm very time limited, so hopefully this counts, i've completed Minit which was number 15 in Polygon top 50 games of 2018 (which seems to be their GOTY awards). Surprisingly fun little game actually. Reminds me of Half- minute hero which i really enjoyed on the PSP many years ago.

Assuming its ok then it also qualifies for the finish a game you started this month challenge

I counted it for your.

6 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Got 2 games to put up for right now:

What Remains of Edith Finch (2b50.png) Winner: BAFTA 2017

• Started This Month
  • Hardcore

I really liked this game. It was really interesting seeing the different styles used for each of the stories. While it won't be my favorite walking simulator (that goes to Everybody's Gone To The Rapture), it will be a close second.

Grim Fandango Remastered (:platinum:) Wnner: Gamespot PC GOTY 1998

• 10 year old
  • Different Event (Songkran)
  • Hardcore (?)
  • Started a year ago

I remember when I played this game back in 1999 and was enthralled by the atmosphere and how unique it looked. This is still a great game to go back to.

I'm not sure if Grim Fandango can be counted for the Hardcore since they split console and PC games back then; up to you to decide.

Grim Fandango got a GotY award and not something like Adventure game of the year, so it's fine.

I'm still working on God of War and I hope that I can finish it withing the month. If not it at least also counts for next month no matter which theme wins. It's taking more time than I thought it would.

Last but not least, everything is up to date.

• Like 1

Finally, after almost a month, I beat a game that counts.

Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception: Nominated by the Spike Video Game Awards 2010

• Completed all DLC
  • Got your first trophy a year ago: 1st Jan 2018

I know it won't count (since I already completed them two months ago), but I had to brag that I went back to get the Brutal trophies for the first two games. So now the entire Nathan Drake Collection has been 100%

• Like 1

This month has been pretty hard for me since a lot of the real good games that win awards I’ve already played, so I had to go weird art game with it to get three more for that 4 in a month star.

add

• Life is Strange: Before the Storm (which won some Webby awards, Games for Change awards, and nominated for a bunch more.)
  • Virginia (won the award for best writing in a video game at the 2017 Writer’s Guild awards)
  • Tacoma (nominated for a bunch of awards but didnt win anything.

first two qualify HC, all three qualify for starting this month, and that’s four games that for the theme for the month. 

2 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

This month has been pretty hard for me since a lot of the real good games that win awards I’ve already played, so I had to go weird art game with it to get three more for that 4 in a month star.

add

• Life is Strange: Before the Storm (which won some Webby awards, Games for Change awards, and nominated for a bunch more.)
  • Virginia (won the award for best writing in a video game at the 2017 Writer’s Guild awards)
  • Tacoma (nominated for a bunch of awards but didnt win anything.

first two qualify HC, all three qualify for starting this month, and that’s four games that for the theme for the month. 

The theme this months is "Game of the Year". That means only games that were nominated for a GOTY award count. Every other award doesn't matter.

From what you wrote nothing qualifies for this month. However I did some research and found a GOTY award for Life is Strange: Before the Storm from the "Games for Change Awards" and a "Best Desktop/Console game" nomination for Virginia which I would count. For Tacoma I only found a XBox Game of the Year award which wouldn't count because it's to specific.

One more game down

Uncharted 4: A Thief's End - Won GotY from multiple people such as Good Game, British Academy Games Awards, and SXSW Gaming Awards, among other.

• Fulfills the Hardcore requirement
  • Got your first trophy a year ago: 29th Nov 2017

No DLC this time. I tried it at first and did not like it. I'll probably go back with a friend to knock them out one day.

Family is showing up in a few days, so I'll probably have enough time to get either Edith Finch or Journey done but most likely not both. We'll see by the end of the month. 

I've hardly been playing this month but I too have joined the What Remains of Edith Finch players so that's something for this month.

I also completed all the DLC for Skyrim, a multiple GOTY award winner, so that covers off that challenge.

That's most of my gaming this month. Some Omega Quintet time about covers the rest and that was no award winner...

I'll need to use one of my skips this month. I just got the Plat for Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories, which was never nominated for anything that I could find. I could probably finish What Remains of Edith Finch for the month, however I wanted the entire KH series to be consecutive on my profile so will just use a skip for the month. Next month I'm good since KH2 has 51 trophies.