Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

On 2.6.2019 at 0:48 AM, Ampplaca said:

after getting PUBG with 2 glitched trophies(just my luck) i wasn't able to complete that for this challenge. i ended up doing the Last Guardian instead. I am using this game in a competition i am doing with friends that runs for the month of July so i wont be procing the platinum but i have just one trophy left and am infront of the last barrel i need(eat every barrel). if this doesnt work ill be using one of my Skips and the game will be Conan Exiles

It's ok to keep one trophy for time sensitive events so I gave you your rank for The Last Guardian.

Everything is up to date again.

• Like 1

Put me down for 4 right now:

1L318a69.png

2064: Read Only Memories (65 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • Other Event (Songkran)

This was a pretty good adventure / interactive novel-style sci-fi game about the ideologies of robotic sentience, race segregation and government control. Also is pretty easy to go through with a guide, with only a couple of trophies being on the harder side. Would definitively recommend.

1L5826d9.png

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) (51 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • Started a year ago
  • Other Event (Songkran)

While I'm not a fan of South Park's humor and content, this is a really fun turn-based RPG with real-time inputs like Paper Mario. Need a guide because of a lot of missable collectibles and specific play-styles (no deaths/selling). Great game though.

1Lf7eb56.png

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (50 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • Started this month
  • Other Event (Songkran)

I was honestly disappointed by this game. It's not a bad game, but I really preferred the Musou-style one that came out before. Also, this game is pretty grindy.

1Ld75106.png

Resident Evil 6 (PS3) (51 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • 4 games completed
  • Other Event (Songkran)
  • Started a year ago

I totally understand why people didn't like this game and, while I agree it has too much action, I enjoyed my time through. I also liked the different playstyles with the different teams and I think Piers and Jake are interesting characters.

• Like 2

Two more games

Darksiders Warmastered Edition: 43 Trophies (just short of the Hardcore requirement)

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Summer Backlog Challenge
  • Started this month

Little Nightmares: 22 Trophies

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Summer Backlog Challenge and Bingo
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game

I have a feeling that my fourth game is going to be Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM, if I ever get back to it.

1 hour ago, Metal Slime King said:

But a game has to have 35 trophies to qualify for this month?

That's for games with a :platinum: trophy.

For games without a :platinum: I lowered the amount of required trophies. Otherwise it wouldn't be possible to get a :gold: rank for this month because there are no platinumless games with that many trophies.

So since Little Nighmares has no plat only 15 trophies are required or 20 for the hardcore.

Edited by MarkusT1992

Finished a couple games for this month.

Adventures of Mana - 37 trophies

Omega Quintet - 55 trophies (so HC as well)

Both also get the other event bonus as well as I use them for the RPG Mania event.

• Like 1

finished two games so far for this month

Party Golf -58 trophies

• Hardcore requirement
  • counts towards different event (June 2019 Trophies)
  • started this month

Psycho-pass Mandatory Happiness - 36 trophies

• counts towards different event (June 2019 Trophies)
  • started this month
  • Like 1

Sorry for the late reply. I've been running around out of town quite a bit, and have been somewhat lazy in posting here.

MAY:

What Remains of Edith Finch 

JUNE:

Tokyo Xanadu EX+ (55 trophies, so it's definitely hardcore)

Current stats:

Plats: 341

Games completed: 419

Completion %: 82.78%

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

So I actually completed some games that fit the theme of the month.

Batman: Return to Arkham City - 51 trophies (Base Game)

• HC Requirement
  • Game I earned a trophy a year ago

Ratchet & Clank (2016) - 47 trophies

• HC Requirement
  • Game started this month

Hoping to get Gryphon Knight Epic and possibly Battle Chasers done for 4 games completed this month.

• Like 1

Completed Final Fantasy Type-0 today. Counts as HC and also "Your first trophy was over a year ago". Started it up early last year and just didn't get into it, for whatever reason. It felt a little weird I guess but it was alright after I got a few chapters in and it felt good to clear it off. It sort of ties into the same universe as FF13 with the l'Cie's and such, just in a totally different time period. Though it's setup for multiple playthroughs you can get the platinum in one and I don't really see myself putting much more time into it. Square was pretty generous with the trophy requirements and if they went with a more 100% competitionist list I could really see this one being super ultra-rare.

• Like 1

I completed Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2013 a few days ago. I'm sadly one trophy short for the Hardcore requirement, but I started it this month, so it at least counts towards that challenge.

I'm still working on Final Fantasy 13, even though I probably won't be able to finish it this month. But we'll see. (:

Time to report my progress for this month so far. After that I'll update to thread.

I completed 3 games for this month with the 4th being close.

1. Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (36 trophies)

• Another event (Bingo Bonaza)

I'm currently working throught the whole Danganronpa series and I started this a few months ago and had to finish it.

2. God of War (37 trophies)

• Another Event (For the Bingo Bonaza event, just haven't decided which square)

Originally I planed to use it for last month's theme but it took me longer than I thought so here it is for this month.

3. Danganronpa 1 . 2 Reload (45 trophies)

• Hardcore (Exactly the amount I need for the hardcore)

Like I said I'm working throught the Danganronpa series. I had already finished both games and most of the other stuff but I still had to get every item in a minigame of the second Danganronpa and read the novel Danganronpa IF. Before doing that I wanted to read Danganronpa Zero which I did this month.

On 8.6.2019 at 4:14 PM, ArtikSkarab said:

Put me down for 4 right now:

1L318a69.png

2064: Read Only Memories (65 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • Other Event (Songkran)

This was a pretty good adventure / interactive novel-style sci-fi game about the ideologies of robotic sentience, race segregation and government control. Also is pretty easy to go through with a guide, with only a couple of trophies being on the harder side. Would definitively recommend.

1L5826d9.png

South Park: The Stick of Truth (PS4) (51 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • Started a year ago
  • Other Event (Songkran)

While I'm not a fan of South Park's humor and content, this is a really fun turn-based RPG with real-time inputs like Paper Mario. Need a guide because of a lot of missable collectibles and specific play-styles (no deaths/selling). Great game though.

1Lf7eb56.png

Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (50 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • Started this month
  • Other Event (Songkran)

I was honestly disappointed by this game. It's not a bad game, but I really preferred the Musou-style one that came out before. Also, this game is pretty grindy.

1Ld75106.png

Resident Evil 6 (PS3) (51 trophies)

• Hardcore
  • 4 games completed
  • Other Event (Songkran)
  • Started a year ago

I totally understand why people didn't like this game and, while I agree it has too much action, I enjoyed my time through. I also liked the different playstyles with the different teams and I think Piers and Jake are interesting characters.

I can only count three of your games. In 2064 you only had one trophy before the platinum. You at least have to get two trophies besides the plat for a game to count.

But it seems that you have completed some more games since your post, so you should be able to get the 4th game.

On 13.6.2019 at 11:07 PM, ZachGM91 said:

Two more games

Darksiders Warmastered Edition: 43 Trophies (just short of the Hardcore requirement)

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Summer Backlog Challenge
  • Started this month

Little Nightmares: 22 Trophies

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: Summer Backlog Challenge and Bingo
  • Fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game

I have a feeling that my fourth game is going to be Kingdom Hearts Re:CoM, if I ever get back to it.

You also only got one trophy in the base list of Little Nightmare. However since the base list wouldn't be enough for the theme and you had to complete at least one DLC a counted the game for you.

On 22.6.2019 at 3:52 PM, Briste said:

I got the Platinum for Kingdom Hearts 2 last night. Qualifies for the HC this month with 51 trophies. That'll probably be it for me since I'm starting Birth By Sleep now and that will likely take several weeks.

That's three Kingdom Hearts months in a row. Congrats on makeing such good progress in the series. I really should start to play them too.

The thread is up to date again and good luck with all your games in the last week for this month.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

In 2064 you only had one trophy before the platinum. You at least have to get two trophies besides the plat for a game to count.

I've only got one trophy besides the plat for Rogue Legacy that I was saving for next month. Sounds like it won't count anyways so I might as well pop it now?

26 minutes ago, Metal Slime King said:

I've only got one trophy besides the plat for Rogue Legacy that I was saving for next month. Sounds like it won't count anyways so I might as well pop it now?

Unfortunately yes. This rule is to prevent situations like that. Otherwise one can prepare a game for every month with only one easy trophy left.

On 6/22/2019 at 9:29 PM, Metal Slime King said:

Though it's setup for multiple playthroughs you can get the platinum in one and I don't really see myself putting much more time into it. Square was pretty generous with the trophy requirements and if they went with a more 100% competitionist list I could really see this one being super ultra-rare.

I had the exact same feeling about this game. I remember when the Platinum popped, I was like 'what? SE never lets a Platinum pop before you do everything' I felt like they left a lot of the game untouched by having an easy trophy list. I liked the game, but not enough to 100% it without the trophy incentive.

22 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

That's three Kingdom Hearts months in a row. Congrats on makeing such good progress in the series. I really should start to play them too.

Thanks! I'll say that I enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 2 infinitely better than the original and Chain of Memories. KH2 improved on every aspect of the game and I found it so much more enjoyable. I'm about four hours in to Birth By Sleep and I like how it is trending so far. I think I like the battle system in KH2 better so far...but this one isn't bad at all. You may enjoy the first two more than I did, but if you don't, push through because it does get better.

• Like 1

Round up for the month. Not sure if I can get another game in this week or not

1. Toon War (NA)

• Complete a game that you started this month

2. Tales of the Tiny Planet

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month

3. Bridge Constructor

4. Assault Gunners

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game (games only count once, even if more DLC is released throughout the event).
  • Complete 4 games within one month.

Quick question - for the 4 games within a month - is that a challenge that can be claimed once per month, once every 4 games (so after completing the 4th, 8th, 12th etc), or for each game completed over and above 4?

14 minutes ago, diskdocx said:

Quick question - for the 4 games within a month - is that a challenge that can be claimed once per month, once every 4 games (so after completing the 4th, 8th, 12th etc), or for each game completed over and above 4?

It can be claimed for every 4th game of a month you complete. So like you wrote for the 4th, 8th, 12th etc.

• Like 1

Hello friends! I'd like to get in on the action for July once the theme is up and running (doesn't seem right to try to get in at the end of June, so I'll start participating in July!) I'll post my stats on July 1st, since I'll be playing a bunch of games this coming weekend and may end up with another Telltale Platinum before the 1st and hopefully a bunch of trophies from other games. Thanks, friends! See you on Canada Day (the 1st :P) 

Edited by Ashuri-B
  • Like 1