Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

I have completed my 1st game for the month: Remember Me. (February 2014)

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. While not amazing, it was a pretty good first game for a studio. The setting was really creative and it had an amazing mechanic; the memory remixes which were expended upon in their next game (Life Is Strange). But, the game suffers from a medium story clunky combat. I would still recommend it.

Challenges it fullfills: Hardcore (Got this game at launch in June 2013), Different Event (Will be using in Bingo), One Year Ago

• Like 1

Second game done with Hatoful Boyfriend. One of the strangest VN I have played so far.

It counts for the following challenges:

• Other Event: Again it counts for the Bingo Bonaza event and the 10 things I hate about games event.
  • Hardcore: It was part of PS+ in September 2017 and I bought it in July 2017
  • Started this month: Started it January 11th.

@Metal Slime King I only can say the same about using a game for another console on which it wasn't free for PS+ that I said to Lojtana. Like I said there I personaly won't use a game that wasn't free for the platform I'm playing on. If the game has cross buy I would use it but not if you only got one version of a game like with Zero Time Dilema. It's up to you personally if you want to use it or not.

Actually I thought about that quite some time.

I want to play Zero Time Dilema which was free for the Vita. I only have the PS4 version of it though.

Personally I won't use it for this event. But if you really want to use Heavy Rain on PS3 I would count it for you. Technically they are the same ganes.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Same platform, then? No problem, still got this month covered.

Went back and got the platinum for InFamous: Second Son. Counts for hardcore; bought it a few months before it was included in PS+, figuring if they hadn't by then they weren't going to.  :|

Had less trouble on my Expert run, somehow. Handy that the evil route makes the first stage of the final boss fight a complete joke.

1Sc82313.png

That is a very boring icon.

It happens to often to me that I buy games that come to PS+ shortly after.

My picture for that month is similar to yours. You just have to complete anther platinum game and I can change it for you :D

18 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I have completed my 1st game for the month: Remember Me. (February 2014)

Overall, I really enjoyed this game. While not amazing, it was a pretty good first game for a studio. The setting was really creative and it had an amazing mechanic; the memory remixes which were expended upon in their next game (Life Is Strange). But, the game suffers from a medium story clunky combat. I would still recommend it.

Challenges it fullfills: Hardcore (Got this game at launch in June 2013), Different Event (Will be using in Bingo), One Year Ago

I played a short bit of that game on the 360 but never came back to it. Although most people I heard said it wasn't a good game I enjoyed what I played.

Edited by MarkusT1992

So, I finished the story of this month's game which is Rime.

I plan to get its platinum, but at least I got the silver ranking, hehe.

Also, with this, I managed to complete the following challenges:

• Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event.(Bingo Bonanza)
  • Complete a game that you started this month
Edited by Caju_94

23 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

It happens to often to me that I buy games that come to PS+ shortly after.

My picture for that month is similar to yours. You just have to complete anther platinum game and I can change it for you :D

Probably helps that future PS+ games seem to go on sale within a month or two of being added fairly often.  :P

Unlikely, I have a handful of games I'd like to beat this month and no others were on plus. You going to work on another?

Didn't think of it at the time, but mine may count for "other event" too. I started it for KYB. :dunno:

50 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Probably helps that future PS+ games seem to go on sale within a month or two of being added fairly often.  :P

Unlikely, I have a handful of games I'd like to beat this month and no others were on plus. You going to work on another?

Didn't think of it at the time, but mine may count for "other event" too. I started it for KYB. :dunno:

I'm trying to complete the 4 in a month challenge. I already have two with Guacamelee and Hatoful Boyfriend and started Soma today. After that I might go for Kings Quest as my fourth game. Not sure about that though. Maybe I choose something else. Fortunately there are a lot of games for this month.

Did you mean KYC? If not I don't know what KYB stands for. I also used games I started in a KYC event for the challenge so it would count.

@Caju_94 I'm afraid I can't grant challenge completions with a :silver: rank. For challenges a game must at least grant a :gold: rank. As soon as you get the platinum for Rime I can add the challenges for you.

2 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I'm trying to complete the 4 in a month challenge. I already have two with Guacamelee and Hatoful Boyfriend and started Soma today. After that I might go for Kings Quest as my fourth game. Not sure about that though. Maybe I choose something else. Fortunately there are a lot of games for this month.

Did you mean KYC? If not I don't know what KYB stands for. I also used games I started in a KYC event for the challenge so it would count.

Sounds like a nice lineup, and it's a flexible month to go for that challenge. Good plan.

I'm still annoyed they only gave us the first episode of King's Quest.

...Yep. Sorry, missed my typo.  :facepalm:

Completed my second game for this month's madness,  Resogun. Started it the other day and just finished. This will also be used for the Bingo game as well. 

Thinking about doing the HC challenge now, got Skyforce, Qbert, or Darksiders 2 as my only options as those are the only ones I actually bought instead of getting free.  

I think you may have missed my last post on Jan 8th since I dont see the icons updated or anything. I finished the Plat for "Uncharted: Golden Abyss" which was a PS+ game in June of 2014. Also, I purchased this game and did not acquire it through PS+, which means I met the HCR, correct? This game also counted towards my progress in the "Twelve Days of Trophies" event.

My first game is inFAMOUS 2. It was apart of the PSN+ on June 5, 2012.

• Counts towards a different PSNP event: I've been playing this for the 
    Winter 2018/2019 Backlog Challenge, Bingo Bonanza, and 10 Things I Hate About Games events
  • The Hardcore requirement: I originally bought this back in 2011
  • Started this month: I started playing on the 11th

4 hours ago, The_Accountant13 said:

I think you may have missed my last post on Jan 8th since I dont see the icons updated or anything. I finished the Plat for "Uncharted: Golden Abyss" which was a PS+ game in June of 2014. Also, I purchased this game and did not acquire it through PS+, which means I met the HCR, correct? This game also counted towards my progress in the "Twelve Days of Trophies" event.

I really missed your post. Sorry about that.

You are updated now with (hopefully) everybody else.

4 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

I'd like to join up this year! Stats right now: 27 platinums, 68 completed, 40.18% completion.

I have a quick question as well. If I finished a game yesterday that would qualify, does that count for me, or only games after I've joined today?

Every game you comlpleted this month counts even when you finished it before you signed up.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Every game you comlpleted this month counts even when you finished it before you signed up.

Awesome! My first entry of the month then is Stories: The Path of Destinies. It was PS+ in December 2016, and I got my first trophy in January 2017, so it also qualifies for:

• Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago.

Glad I finally motivated myself to go back and get that one finished :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dinkus83 said:

Awesome! My first entry of the month then is Stories: The Path of Destinies. It was PS+ in December 2016, and I got my first trophy in January 2017, so it also qualifies for:

Glad I finally motivated myself to go back and get that one finished :)

Got you added to the list and updated. I remember that game being fun but man it was a grind to get all the endings! Did you enjoy it?

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dessane said:

Got you added to the list and updated. I remember that game being fun but man it was a grind to get all the endings! Did you enjoy it?

Thanks! I did enjoy it mostly, though it ended up being one of those games that made me question my life choices :lol: If I were one of those people who didn't pay any attention to trophies, I would have said I loved it, but by the end I just wished Reynardo would shut up cuz he wasn't so entertaining after hearing everything he had to say over and over again. I was even fine with all the endings. It wasn't until I had to play more to finish all the skills that I wasn't having so much fun anymore. Still glad that I went back and got it done though :D

Got my first platinum of the year and #75 on my profile with Valkyria Chronicles 4 :) I'm using this game for another event, but since it doesn't fit the monthly theme doesn't count for anything...but I figured I'd share! My next game will be Grim Fandango Remastered which will cover the monthly theme, the hardcore requirement and a game for another event so my next update will actually count for something.

• Like 2

OK, completed my third game for this month, Sky Force Anniversary. This game I bought back when I had a top down shooter itch to satisfy but never got to it since a different shooter satisfied that itch. So that takes care of the HC challenge. Plus it was started and finished this month. 

Now with the month winding down, I might try to get in another quick title that way I'll be able to check off the 4 games completed in a single month challenge. 

Second update came faster than expected. I got the Platinum for Grim Fandango Remastered. It counts for the monthly challenge and the hardcore extra since I purchased it after it was free. I apologize if it is in here somewhere, but I can't see if the same game can count for more than one of the challenges. If it does...this counts for a game that is over 10 years old (originally released in 1998), it counts as a game being used towards another event (Bingo Bonanza 2019), it counts towards the hardcore challenge, and it was a game I started this month. If it only counts towards one of those...I'd want it to count as the over 10 years old game challenge. On to the next!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Briste said:

Second update came faster than expected. I got the Platinum for Grim Fandango Remastered. It counts for the monthly challenge and the hardcore extra since I purchased it after it was free. I apologize if it is in here somewhere, but I can't see if the same game can count for more than one of the challenges. If it does...this counts for a game that is over 10 years old (originally released in 1998), it counts as a game being used towards another event (Bingo Bonanza 2019), it counts towards the hardcore challenge, and it was a game I started this month. If it only counts towards one of those...I'd want it to count as the over 10 years old game challenge. On to the next!

A single game can count for as many challenges as it fits. Theoreticallay you can complete every challenges but one with a single game.

I'll update you later.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

A single game can count for as many challenges as it fits. Theoreticallay you can complete every challenges but one with a single game.

I'll update you later.

Shouldn't it be every category except two?

One game isn't enough for the 4 games challenge and those two are mutually exclusive:

1 hour ago, Crimson Idol said:

Shouldn't it be every category except two?

One game isn't enough for the 4 games challenge and those two are mutually exclusive:

I was thinking about the fourth game in a month. With that you can complete every challenge but one.

For your first, second or any game that's not a multiple of 4 you are right.