Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

20 hours ago, Champ147 said:

So it's the end of the month in a few days and it doesn't look like I'll be able to finish Wolfenstein or Psyvariar Delta in time. Any really quick titles I could do to knock out this challenge so I don't have to use a skip?

For the skip you still have to complete a game. It's for the case you don't have a game that fits the theme.

A few games that can be completed quick that count are: Life is Strange (You can complete one episode per day which takes around 2-3 hours.) Lif is strange: Before the Storm (Only 3 episodes but I would suggest playing the first game first.), Late Shift (Interactive movie, only takes a few hours to platinum), Until Dawn, most (or all?) Telltale games.

I have 2 games I think that fits this months theme.

Pyre

• Played for KYCX (Another Event)
  • Many animal type companions including a Demon, a Fish-Knight, a Dog and a Bog-Witch. And a Tree-Man. (HC)

Battle Chasers: Nightwar

No extra challenges completed for this, just outside on many options.

I have one so far this month, Fat Princess Adventures. There are a couple parts where a princess accompanies for a while, so that should cover the basic theme for the month. Also it is a game that I started this month, and is used for Gaming by Numbers event too.

KH3 complete! I had a duck, dog, snowman, monster among others as companions to qualify for the HC this month. For bonus stuff: It's hits the hardcore requirement, I started the game this month and finished and I'm using it for several other events. I might get Leisure Suit Larry done before the end of the month...but that won't count I don't think unless you count the Dildo he has in his pocket as a 'companion' :) 

6 minutes ago, Briste said:

KH3 complete! I had a duck, dog, snowman, monster among others as companions to qualify for the HC this month. For bonus stuff: It's hits the hardcore requirement, I started the game this month and finished and I'm using it for several other events. I might get Leisure Suit Larry done before the end of the month...but that won't count I don't think unless you count the Dildo he has in his pocket as a 'companion' :) 

Only if it is alive xD

• Like 1

On 8/26/2019 at 3:19 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

For the skip you still have to complete a game. It's for the case you don't have a game that fits the theme.

A few games that can be completed quick that count are: Life is Strange (You can complete one episode per day which takes around 2-3 hours.) Lif is strange: Before the Storm (Only 3 episodes but I would suggest playing the first game first.), Late Shift (Interactive movie, only takes a few hours to platinum), Until Dawn, most (or all?) Telltale games.

I didn't even think of the Telltale games, those all count eh? I might squeak one of them in then. It's been a busy month where I've not done much gaming at all, maybe an hour or two per week. So as it stands at moment, I got no games at all completed for the month, let alone one that fits the theme. Wife birthday is on the 31st and her wish list consisted of nothing but home improvement projects that all need to get done. List started small, and has grown exponentially since starting. 

2 hours ago, Champ147 said:

I didn't even think of the Telltale games, those all count eh? I might squeak one of them in then. It's been a busy month where I've not done much gaming at all, maybe an hour or two per week. So as it stands at moment, I got no games at all completed for the month, let alone one that fits the theme. Wife birthday is on the 31st and her wish list consisted of nothing but home improvement projects that all need to get done. List started small, and has grown exponentially since starting. 

At least I can't remember a Telltale game where you are alone the whole time.

In TWD you always are with a group, Tales from the Borderlands has two playable characters who meet each other, also either of the two has their own companion, Mincraft also has sombody at your site. The only ones I'm not sure anymore are the Batman games especially the first.

So if you think you can finish a Telltale game in 3 days you can still get the theme done.

Let me run a couple past you @MarkusT1992.

Platted Umbrella Corps this month. It's a 3 vs. 3 battle arena with zombies thrown in. You play online with at least one other person in your team, they are a person not an npc so I don't know if that counts for the purpose of this month.

Got 100% in Crystal Defenders this month. It's a Final Fantasy themed tower defense game where you place a bunch of characters with different FF job types on the map against waves of FF enemies who try to clear the map to steal your crystals. The characters you place on the map automatically do their own thing when enemies are within proximity so I figured it would be allowable for this months theme. HC? The Time Mage and Berserker look fairly animalistic. I probably wouldn't consider it for HC since the characters are suppose to represent sentient actors. Would count for a game I started this month though.

If neither game count then I'll have to take a skip this month with Umbrella Corps, I guess.

19 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

At least I can't remember a Telltale game where you are alone the whole time.

In TWD you always are with a group, Tales from the Borderlands has two playable characters who meet each other, also either of the two has their own companion, Mincraft also has sombody at your site. The only ones I'm not sure anymore are the Batman games especially the first.

So if you think you can finish a Telltale game in 3 days you can still get the theme done.

I decided to look up Batman since that one peeked my interest. Based off what I've read and the little I've seen you work with Alfred here and there throughout and you team up with Catwoman mid way through. So that series should count to. I'll try to start that soon, obviously. 

Hello there! I've been absent for months and I wonder if I can come back with the games I :platinum: for each month I've missed, if so:

For August: It's better together: Final Fantasy Type 0 HD since you have a party of 14 characters you need to level up and gear up as well,

For July: Rainy Day: I have nothing that applies since I only played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

For June: So Many Trophies:  I got Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom with 51 trophies.

For May: Lucky Loosers:  I don't get the idea but I got Arcania (PS4) ?

For April: Random theme: I don't know but I have the 100% of A king's tale: Final Fantasy XV

For March: It's better than walking: I have Just Cause 2 but i think I should add Marvel's Spider-Man as well ?

For February: Are these clothes new?: I have nothing, 

For January: PS+: I have both Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and I am alive but I'm not sure if they ever got to be on PS+, I believe I am alive was part of it at some point

Oh well, hopefully, I can join again with some games, thx in regards :yay:

27 minutes ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Hello there! I've been absent for months and I wonder if I can come back with the games I :platinum: for each month I've missed, if so:

For August: It's better together: Final Fantasy Type 0 HD since you have a party of 14 characters you need to level up and gear up as well,

For July: Rainy Day: I have nothing that applies since I only played The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

For June: So Many Trophies:  I got Ni No Kuni II: Revenant Kingdom with 51 trophies.

For May: Lucky Loosers:  I don't get the idea but I got Arcania (PS4) 1f644.png

For April: Random theme: I don't know but I have the 100% of A king's tale: Final Fantasy XV

For March: It's better than walking: I have Just Cause 2 but i think I should add Marvel's Spider-Man as well 1f602.png

For February: Are these clothes new?: I have nothing, 

For January: PS+: I have both Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and I am alive but I'm not sure if they ever got to be on PS+, I believe I am alive was part of it at some point

Oh well, hopefully, I can join again with some games, thx in regards :yay:

I think you signed up at the end of last year. After three months without a game for you I moved you to inactive and at some point I removed everyone from the inactive section without a single game. Based on that I'll readd you.

The Lucky Loosers round was a month where all of the loosing themes of the previous four months were up for vote again. The theme for May was "Game of the Year" and I can't find a GotY award for Arcania. You could use a skip though.

For July The Witcher would count since the game only needs some parts inside and you can at least enter houses.

The theme for April was "Too good to be forgotten" which means any remaster/remake of a game would count. Again you could use a skip but keep in mind that you only have two skips total.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm  (thanks for mentioning it specifically!)

1S83aec0.png

Had it halfway done, so that was handy to grab.

Also completed Riverbond this month, which has optional co-op that I only triggered once by accident while trying to swap controllers. Doesn't quite seem to qualify.

Surprised it has such a low player count on here, though... a ~5 hour platinum (while playing blind) that's actually decent would have done well last gen, going by some of the "cheap" plats then.

Sorry, I was away for much of the month and really busy with UC2/UC3 boosting, so I hadn't had the opportunity to update as I went along.

Dragon Fantasy: Volumes of Westeria

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month ~ you can recruit enemies to play with you, a number of which are animals. I used a Wolfman for a lot the campaign
  • Complete a game that you started this month

LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month ~ entire game is played with 2 characters on screen, and there are several animals including Ace the Bat-Hound, Bat-Cow and Krypto the Superdog

Far Cry: New Dawn

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month ~ there is wolf mercenary that you can play with, as well as a boar (although the wolf is much more useful)

Black Clover: Quartet Knights (I have a couple of trophies left to finish in this game. They can be popped at any time. I am setting up my 700th plat, so I have held this back only so that I don't add anymore platinums at this time. The game is complete)

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month ~ entire game is played with 2 characters or more on screen, and one of them is a lion-humanoid 
  • Complete 4 games within one month.
  • Complete all currently released DLC of a game 

I'm not sure if Detective Gallo might count for this. Your character has a cactus in his pocket that he talks to quite often and considers his partner? If so that would be a 5th title for the month.

Edited by diskdocx

Thought I could maybe pull in a 4th game this month, but end with 3 completed games.

Heavy Rain (PS4): :platinum:

• Counts because all of the main characters have allies through most of the game
  • Different Event (Gaming by Numbers)

I still like Heavy Rain for the story they're trying to tell. Yes, it's not well acted, has a weird twist and the QTE gameplay is not great, but I still think it's worth experiencing once.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2: :platinum:

• Hardcore (Multiple animal characters as partners)
  • All DLC
  • Started a year ago

I love LEGO games and was disappointed by a lot of the changes in this game. Enemies becoming invincible way too often and having too much health, too many side-quests/challenges and the levels themselves were not that great. Still, I enjoyed most of it.

Question for next month's challenge: How loose are you going to be with franchises? Are games like LEGO considered 1 giant thing or each series separately? (Example, is LEGO DC Super-Villains part of LEGO Batman) Would Spider-Man games count all together or only the Amazing games? I would personally say Yes as long as there's a pretty clear link between all the games, but you have the final say.

16 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I think you signed up at the end of last year. After three months without a game for you I moved you to inactive and at some point I removed everyone from the inactive section without a single game. Based on that I'll readd you.

The Lucky Loosers round was a month where all of the loosing themes of the previous four months were up for vote again. The theme for May was "Game of the Year" and I can't find a GotY award for Arcania. You could use a skip though.

For July The Witcher would count since the game only needs some parts inside and you can at least enter houses.

The theme for April was "Too good to be forgotten" which means any remaster/remake of a game would count. Again you could use a skip but keep in mind that you only have two skips total.

After so many time absent idk the rules anymore, so... I can only skip for 2 months? And then I'm out of the event? Tbh I don't have anything else for both April and May since I actually didn't play much due to a business trip ?

On 8/28/2019 at 10:46 AM, MarkusT1992 said:

Only if it is alive xD

So I finished Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry and I actually think it could qualify. I didn't think of it at the time, but early in the game, Larry gets a PiPhone that has the latest AI and ends up helping Larry along the way (and making fun of him a ton.) I mean, it's a phone so I could see why it maybe wouldn't count, but I figured I'd mention that the PiPhone is a big character in the game just in case :) If it does count, the only bonus that comes with it is using it for another event (Bingo).

It was actually a fun point and click game. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but loaded with sexual innuendo and was quite funny. I'd say it's worth getting if you can find it on sale. Trophy images and descriptions are pretty funny also. I started Life is Strange and if I can finish that up by tomorrow, that will give me my first 4 game month :) 

19 hours ago, SyIaris said:

Life is Strange: Before the Storm  (thanks for mentioning it specifically!)

1S83aec0.png

Had it halfway done, so that was handy to grab.

Also completed Riverbond this month, which has optional co-op that I only triggered once by accident while trying to swap controllers. Doesn't quite seem to qualify.

Surprised it has such a low player count on here, though... a ~5 hour platinum (while playing blind) that's actually decent would have done well last gen, going by some of the "cheap" plats then.

I guess Riverbond could count. The game only needs the possibility to have a companion. I also would count Skyrim even though you can play the whole game without a companion on your side but there's at least the possibility.

So if you like to add it let me know.

19 hours ago, diskdocx said:

I'm not sure if Detective Gallo might count for this. Your character has a cactus in his pocket that he talks to quite often and considers his partner? If so that would be a 5th title for the month.

Only living things count. I guess the cactus doesn't talk back or moves on his own.

19 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Thought I could maybe pull in a 4th game this month, but end with 3 completed games.

Heavy Rain (PS4): :platinum:

• Counts because all of the main characters have allies through most of the game
  • Different Event (Gaming by Numbers)

I still like Heavy Rain for the story they're trying to tell. Yes, it's not well acted, has a weird twist and the QTE gameplay is not great, but I still think it's worth experiencing once.

Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2: :platinum:

• Hardcore (Multiple animal characters as partners)
  • All DLC
  • Started a year ago

I love LEGO games and was disappointed by a lot of the changes in this game. Enemies becoming invincible way too often and having too much health, too many side-quests/challenges and the levels themselves were not that great. Still, I enjoyed most of it.

Question for next month's challenge: How loose are you going to be with franchises? Are games like LEGO considered 1 giant thing or each series separately? (Example, is LEGO DC Super-Villains part of LEGO Batman) Would Spider-Man games count all together or only the Amazing games? I would personally say Yes as long as there's a pretty clear link between all the games, but you have the final say.

LEGO games are part of their respective series. LEGO itselfe isn't a valid series for this. LEGO Batman would be part of the Batman series but I wouldn't really count LEGO DC Super-Villains as part of the Batman series rather as a single game. The same for Spider-Man. Every Spider-Man game is part of the Spider-Man series but there is no Marvel series for example.

Tales from the Borderlands also would count as part of the Borderlands series to give another example.

3 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

After so many time absent idk the rules anymore, so... I can only skip for 2 months? And then I'm out of the event? Tbh I don't have anything else for both April and May since I actually didn't play much due to a business trip 1f605.png

The skips are for months in which you don't complete a game that fits the theme for that month. In that case you can use any other game you completed in that month as a substitut. If you run out of skips and don't complete a game that fits the theme you just keep your :bronze: rank for that month but you are still in the event. After not posting a game for three month in a row you are moved to the inactive section untill you post again.

15 minutes ago, Briste said:

So I finished Leisure Suit Larry: Wet Dreams Don't Dry and I actually think it could qualify. I didn't think of it at the time, but early in the game, Larry gets a PiPhone that has the latest AI and ends up helping Larry along the way (and making fun of him a ton.) I mean, it's a phone so I could see why it maybe wouldn't count, but I figured I'd mention that the PiPhone is a big character in the game just in case :) If it does count, the only bonus that comes with it is using it for another event (Bingo).

It was actually a fun point and click game. Nothing ground breaking or anything, but loaded with sexual innuendo and was quite funny. I'd say it's worth getting if you can find it on sale. Trophy images and descriptions are pretty funny also. I started Life is Strange and if I can finish that up by tomorrow, that will give me my first 4 game month :) 

That's a though case. On the one hand I would count AIs as companions but on the other hand the AI is in a phone which is an object. Fortunately I still have time to decide.

Have fun playing Life is Strange. That was a great game with a great story.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

1 hour ago, MarkusT1992 said:

The skips are for months in which you don't complete a game that fits the theme for that month. In that case you can use any other game you completed in that month as a substitut. If you run out of skips and don't complete a game that fits the theme you just keep your :bronze: rank for that month but you are still in the event. After not posting a game for three month in a row you are moved to the inactive section untill you post again.

ok then, I will like to skip April's theme with A King's Tale: Final Fantasy XV  and May's theme with Arcania (PS4), hopefully, I won't be needing any other skip this year ?

Edited by Uchiha_Snake__

On 8/28/2019 at 4:55 PM, Metal Slime King said:

Let me run a couple past you @MarkusT1992.

Platted Umbrella Corps this month. It's a 3 vs. 3 battle arena with zombies thrown in. You play online with at least one other person in your team, they are a person not an npc so I don't know if that counts for the purpose of this month.

Got 100% in Crystal Defenders this month. It's a Final Fantasy themed tower defense game where you place a bunch of characters with different FF job types on the map against waves of FF enemies who try to clear the map to steal your crystals. The characters you place on the map automatically do their own thing when enemies are within proximity so I figured it would be allowable for this months theme. HC? The Time Mage and Berserker look fairly animalistic. I probably wouldn't consider it for HC since the characters are suppose to represent sentient actors. Would count for a game I started this month though.

If neither game count then I'll have to take a skip this month with Umbrella Corps, I guess.

I also finished Frogger Returns this month. :awesome: You pick up baby frogs that randomly spawn and if you can take them to the objective point you get bonus points! HC?

It's time to post my game for August. I got a lot of games done but only one that counts for this month.

Jak II

• 10 years old game (October 2003)
  • Different Event (Gaming by Numbers, Bingo Bonaza)
  • Hardcore (Daxter is an ottsel, a hybrid between otter and weasel
  • Started this month

• Like 1

And my game this month is:

1S78506f.png  Claire

• Different Event (Bingo Bonanza);
  • Hardcore (Her dog Anubis);
  • Complete a Game in which you got your first trophy a year ago (April 2nd).

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 27 (+1) / all year (+14);
  100% completed: this month 37 (+1) / all year (+20);
  Completion: 51.49% this month (+1.77%) / this year (+10,81%).

I didn't notice but I have the double of platinums since I started this event. ?

Edited by Gesyca
Just a typo.
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I guess Riverbond could count. The game only needs the possibility to have a companion. I also would count Skyrim even though you can play the whole game without a companion on your side but there's at least the possibility.

So if you like to add it let me know.

Sure, if it isn't too much trouble.

Platinum, this month, hardcore (there's a pug in the initial character roster all players can pick from).

I finally finished FF 13 this month. It's been long overdue. :D 

It also counts for another event (Gaming by Numbers) and I got my first trophy over a year ago. 

That's it from me for this month, so here are my stats:

• Platinum trophies: 77 (+28)
  • 100% completed: 95 (+35)
  • Completion: 64.56% (+7.94%)
  • Like 1

Two games for this month, Sly Cooper entries that both qualify for:

• Complete a 10 year old game (PS2 originals were released in 2002 and 2004). 
  • Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month (the characters are animals, with Bentley the Turtle and Murray the Hippo being sidekicks to Sly the Raccoon).

Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +14
100% completed: +25
Completion: +2.17%