Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

21 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Does buying it after it came to plus counts for the HC challenge? 

Stats:

Plats: 108

Completed Games: 235

Completion Rate: 48.85%

Either way, it looks like I'm dusting off Dragon Age Origins for this challenge

I would say it counts for HC as long as it was part of PS+ and you didn't get it from there. So yes, if you bought it after it was a PS+ game I would count it.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

Does buying it after it came to plus counts for the HC challenge? 

I have so many that I bought after the fact... it's not even funny :facepalm:

Anyway, still about 5 hours left for me until the new year. Might end up getting one more trophy in God of War before the year changes, but these stats will be close enough as getting one more bronze trophy may not even increase my completion:

Stats at the start of 2019:
Platinum trophies: 68
Completion: 93.70%

Kind of confused about the 100% stat to be honest... all of these are numbers that I've seen discussed at some point in this thread.
If we're counting green check marks, it's 31.

If we're counting the "Completed Games" number that's at the top of the PSNP page, it's 97.
If we're counting the "Completed Games" minus the number of platinums, it's 29 (two of my platinum trophies don't have all DLC completed, hence why this doesn't match the green check mark number).

Edited by eigen-space

11 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

I have so many that I bought after the fact... it's not even funny :facepalm:

Anyway, still about 5 hours left for me until the new year. Might end up getting one more trophy in God of War before the year changes, but these stats will be close enough as getting one more bronze trophy may not even increase my completion:

Platinum trophies: 68
Completion: 93.70%

Kind of confused about the 100% stat to be honest... all of these are numbers that I've seen discussed at some point in this thread.
If we're counting green check marks, it's 31.

If we're counting the "Completed Games" number that's at the top of the PSNP page, it's 97.
If we're counting the "Completed Games" minus the number of platinums, it's 29 (two of my platinum trophies don't have all DLC completed, hence why this doesn't match the green check mark number).

It's the second for this year. So 97 for you.

I can see that that confuses some poeple as it was your first option for the last two years.

I can try to make it more clear in the OP.

Since I’m not gonna clear anything else any time soon, here are my stats for the beginning of the event!

Platinum trophies: 82
100% completed: 135
Completion: 55.84%

EDIT: And had to fix the 100% complete cause I missed the clarification before I posted. XP

Edited by cerafinn

Here are my starting stats for the year:

• Current number of achieved platinum trophies: 162
  • Current number of 100% completed titles: 242
  • Current completion percentage: 43.06%

I think I decided what my 1st game will be for January and it will be Remember Me (Available PS+ February 2014), an action-adventure game made by Dontnod (Life Is Strange) and published by Capcom. I got this game at launch because it seemed really interesting from pre-release footage, but it got put on the wayside for other games. I think it's time I went back to it.

Platinum trophies: 207
100% completed: 255
Completion: 74.46%

Seems like I will be a cheapskate and finally start (and finish) some of the Sega Classics as they were part of the IGC back in the beginning days (long before my account even existed).

@MarkusT1992:
You might want to add at least this links to the OP:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

The "See Also" in both lists also links to the IGC-lists of other regions (Asia, Japan, China). Don't know if those are accurate but those for the PAL- and NA-regions seem to be correct.

Edited by Crimson Idol

6 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

@MarkusT1992:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(PAL_region)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Instant_Game_Collection_games_(North_America)

The "See Also" in both lists also links to the IGC-lists of other regions (Asia, Japan, China). Don't know if those are accurate but those for the PAL- and NA-regions seem to be correct.

I added the links to main post, thanks for that.

I think one of my games for this month is Soma. After that I still need one with a platinum trophy. I probably use Guacamelee for PS4.

Just realised I didn't add enough info so the first day of 2019 seems like a fitting time to do it.

Starting stats:

Platinum trophies: 97
100% completed: 85
Completion: 61.79%

Think I'll go for the HC and go for Steep since it's up for PS+ this month and I got it for Christmas so hopefully that'll cover my January challenge done.

Let's see... hardcore options for me are...

The Unfinished Swan, Hohokum, Limbo, Grow Home, Teslagrad, Broken Age, Unmechanical, King's Quest, Grim Fandango, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Stories: The Path of Destinies, Type:Rider, Book of Unwritten Tales 2, The Bridge, 2064 Read Only Memories

And then non-hardcore...

Tearaway Unfolded, Forma.8, Uncanny Valley, Ratchet and Clank, Legend of Kay, Claire, Beyond: Two Souls, Furmins, Squares, Heavy Rain, SOMA, Steinsgate, Iconoclasts, Papers Please

17 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

Let's see... hardcore options for me are...

The Unfinished Swan, Hohokum, Limbo, Grow Home, Teslagrad, Broken Age, Unmechanical, King's Quest, Grim Fandango, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture, Stories: The Path of Destinies, Type:Rider, Book of Unwritten Tales 2, The Bridge, 2064 Read Only Memories

And then non-hardcore...

Tearaway Unfolded, Forma.8, Uncanny Valley, Ratchet and Clank, Legend of Kay, Claire, Beyond: Two Souls, Furmins, Squares, Heavy Rain, SOMA, Steinsgate, Iconoclasts, Papers Please

That's a good selection of games. I chose an easy theme for the start of the year to get things going.

If you want to go for the hardcore I would use Teslagrad or Everbody's Gone to the Rapture. I liked both games.

From the non-hardcore games I would choose Ratchet & Clank.

Have you already decided which game to play?

14 hours ago, Crimson Idol said:

Thank you very much. I was worried that I wasn't going to have a good choice for this month (not that Iconoclasts or SOMA aren't good games). With this list, I know that inFAMOUS 2 counts as a choice, which I bought way back when it first came out and need to reget the trophies for.

51 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

Have you already decided which game to play?

I'm using Type:Rider for my event in a couple weeks, so probably that. I only have one trophy left, but it's for a "No Death Run" of a level that I've attempted dozens of times....

If that frustrates me too much, I'm probably going with Grim Fandango, 2064, or Heavy Rain. I'll like play more than one qualifying game this month though :)

Edited by eigen-space

My only HC option is Space Hulk, which I doubt I'll platinum this month. I bought several games after they were on PS+ for free since I didn't start paying attention to the free games until this year. I've bought Grim Fandango Remastered, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Super Meat Boy, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Addition, and Life is Strange all after they were free but I've yet to play. I also bought several before they were free but already ? them. Is it possible to use one of those others or it has to have been bought before? If so no biggie, I have plenty of options for the regular challenge.

47 minutes ago, Briste said:

My only HC option is Space Hulk, which I doubt I'll platinum this month. I bought several games after they were on PS+ for free since I didn't start paying attention to the free games until this year. I've bought Grim Fandango Remastered, Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Super Meat Boy, Rocketbirds: Hardboiled Addition, and Life is Strange all after they were free but I've yet to play. I also bought several before they were free but already 1f4af.png them. Is it possible to use one of those others or it has to have been bought before? If so no biggie, I have plenty of options for the regular challenge.

OP said yep to the buying after there were free:

On 12/31/2018 at 7:34 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

I would say it counts for HC as long as it was part of PS+ and you didn't get it from there. So yes, if you bought it after it was a PS+ game I would count it.

• Like 1