Monthly Madness 2019 Edition - Even

Vote for December  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Another year Monthly Madness?

• Count me in!
    • Depends on the themes
    • Thanks, I'll pass

Ok, summary for September. Two games finished for the theme.

100% on Asdivine Hearts, also HC as it is part of a 4 game series.

Platinum on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - I think the Sonic racing series has 3 entries so far counting the latest one

-EDIT: Sonic is also good for the challenge of a game started over a year ago, first trophy was earned in 2014

Also finished the Plats for Grand Kingdom and LEGO The Incredibles (while the LEGO series is extensive, this is a single title within it so I don't think it counts)

September Stats

Plats : +3

100%: +4

Completion Rate: +0.49%

Overall

Plats: 174 (+32 for the event)

100%: 232 (+43 for the event)

Completion Rate: 84.20% (+2.07% for the event)

Edited by Kevvik

For September, I think I only finished one game that counts for the theme.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

• I only know of 2 Sherlock games, so just basic theme fulfilled
  • Complete a game that you started this month

I did also complete the Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse series, and there have been many Sam & Max games over the years. But, because it's split up into 5 non-plat games, I'm not sure if that would count for anything.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 27
100% completed: 68
Completion: 40.18%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +23
100% completed: +39
Completion: +8.01%

Let's post this, if you notice my completion didn't go up as much because I started so many new games this month, but it's fine I had some great fun.

Now I should start to work on my games for October as it seems it's the bigger ones this time around, but should I use HowLongToBeat site statistics for this month or some other statistics are going to be used as well like the guides?

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 28 (+1) / all year (+15);
  100% completed: this month 38 (+1) / all year (+21);
  Completion: 51.55% this month (+0.06%) / this year (+10,87%).

End of month stats:

Platinum trophies: 74 (+46)
100% completed: 89 (+51)
Completion: 91.70% (+15.30)

I wish I had a little bit more time to get one or two more trophies to get my completion rating up a bit, but what ever. Close to finishing my first game of the month. Will probbly be done in two or three days if I'm lucky.

On 17.9.2019 at 11:11 PM, Briste said:

I've done quite a bit this month so far so I'll try to keep this organized for you.

Life is Strange: Before the Storm

-Monthly Theme (LiS, LiS 2)

-Counts towards a different event (Bingo Bonanza, Gaming by Numbers, Fall/Winter Backlog)

-Complete 4 games within one month

-Started this Month

What Remains of Edith Finch

-Counts towards a different event (Fall/Winter Backlog)

-Started this Month

Forgotton Anne

-Counts towards a different event (Bingo Bonanza, Gaming by Numbers, Fall/Winter Backlog)

-Started this Month

Hue

-Counts towards a different event (Gaming by Numbers, Fall/Winter Backlog)

-Started this Month

Hitman GO: Definitive Edition

-Monthly Theme (9 games in series according to the series tab that doesn't work)

-Monthly Hard Core (9 games in series according to the series tab that doesn't work)

-Started this Month

Doom VFR

-Monthly Theme (7 games in series according to the series tab that doesn't work)

-Monthly Hard Core (7 games in series according to the series tab that doesn't work)

-Started this Month

I should have Tekken 7 completed by the end of the week which will count towards most of these same challenges as well. 

I can't count What Remains of Edith Finch, Forgotton Anne and Hue because they aren't part of a series but rather single titles.

But I saw you finished Tekken 7 so you can post the challenges that count for that game to still get your 4th game for this month.

On 27.9.2019 at 4:22 PM, Ashuri-B said:

Even though this was a theme I was really excited about I don't think I'm going to get a plat for it this month :/ I'm going to make one final push this weekend, wish me luck! 

EDIT: Oh shoot, main story counts? Then Monster Hunter World: Iceborne should get me that! 

Main story counts for a :silver: rank only though. Still better than :bronze:

On 29.9.2019 at 0:22 PM, AvengedEvil said:

My games for this month are Devious Dungeon 2 (AS), Torchlight 2, and Inferno 2 (EU +NA). Also, startet and completed them within this month.

I'd also have Tic-Tac-Letters by Powgi, but that's not oficially released yet and thus, should count. Would have met HC requirement though.

I counted Tic-Tac-Letters since you completed it.

21 hours ago, SyIaris said:

:platinum: Code: Realize ~Future Blessings~
-Different event (fall/winter backlog)
-Started this month

1Se3657b.png
:platinum: Ratchet & Clank: A Crack in Time
-Hardcore
-10 years (2009)
-Different event (bingo, fall/winter backlog)

LEGO Indiana Jones (PS3 version has no trophies)
-Hardcore
-Started this month
-10 years (2008)

Cat Quest

May not count; I didn't 100% it, but the achievements I didn't get were added in an update. What I have is basically a condensed version of the PSN trophies - it has the "get all" ones instead of various increments. No biggie if not, but if it does:

-Started this month

-Four games

• Platinum trophies: 104
  • 100% completed: 151
  • Completion: 72.16%

I would have counted Cat Quest but since the second game isn't out yet (as far as I know) it isn't part of a series right now.

17 hours ago, diskdocx said:

Got a few more done

7. Word Wheel by POWGI

• Complete a game that fulfills the Hardcore requirement of that month.
  • Complete a game that you started this month

8. Eventide 3: Legacy of Legends

• Complete a game that you started this month
  • Complete a game that counts towards a different PSNP event - using for Bingo Bonanza 2019
  • Complete 4 games in one month

I'm not sure if stacks of the same game count twice - if so, I did Word Wheel a 2nd time on the PS4 as well as the Vita

As long as the stack isn't auto poped you can use as many stacks as you want.

7 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I think the only other game that I have finished that fits the theme of the month is Darksiders: Warmastered Edition.

• HC Requirement (3 game series)
  • Part of another event (Backlog Event)

For hardcore the series needs at least 4 games.

5 hours ago, Kevvik said:

Ok, summary for September. Two games finished for the theme.

100% on Asdivine Hearts, also HC as it is part of a 4 game series.

Platinum on Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - I think the Sonic racing series has 3 entries so far counting the latest one

-EDIT: Sonic is also good for the challenge of a game started over a year ago, first trophy was earned in 2014

Also finished the Plats for Grand Kingdom and LEGO The Incredibles (while the LEGO series is extensive, this is a single title within it so I don't think it counts)

September Stats

Plats : +3

100%: +4

Completion Rate: +0.49%

Overall

Plats: 174 (+32 for the event)

100%: 232 (+43 for the event)

Completion Rate: 84.20% (+2.07% for the event)

I counted LEGO The Incredibles because there is at least one other Incredibles game I know.

2 hours ago, Dinkus83 said:

For September, I think I only finished one game that counts for the theme.

Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments

• I only know of 2 Sherlock games, so just basic theme fulfilled
  • Complete a game that you started this month

I did also complete the Sam & Max: Devil's Playhouse series, and there have been many Sam & Max games over the years. But, because it's split up into 5 non-plat games, I'm not sure if that would count for anything.

Stats when joined:
Platinum trophies: 27
100% completed: 68
Completion: 40.18%
Stat changes during the year:
Platinum trophies: +23
100% completed: +39
Completion: +8.01%

There are a few other Sherlock Holmes games so you got the hardcore for that one.

Also for episodic games with different trophy lists you can get a :platinum: rank for completeing all episodes, what you did. So you got a star for that as well.

1 hour ago, Gesyca said:

Let's post this, if you notice my completion didn't go up as much because I started so many new games this month, but it's fine I had some great fun.

Now I should start to work on my games for October as it seems it's the bigger ones this time around, but should I use HowLongToBeat site statistics for this month or some other statistics are going to be used as well like the guides?

My stats at the end of the month:

Platinum trophies: this month 28 (+1) / all year (+15);
  100% completed: this month 38 (+1) / all year (+21);
  Completion: 51.55% this month (+0.06%) / this year (+10,87%).

Main source should be any ingame time when available. If a game doesn't track the time I would use How Long to Beat as a reference.

Edited by MarkusT1992
  • Like 3

Two more games for September 

Jak 2 (started this month, hardcore, and over 10 years old.)

Code:Realize Guardians of Rebirth and I think Code Realize has only three games in America. I know there’s a ton more in Japan but that’s up to you if you wanna count it for hardcore or not.

new stats 

Platinums : 244

100% completed: 241

Completion %: 82.16%

13 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I would have counted Cat Quest but since the second game isn't out yet (as far as I know) it isn't part of a series right now.

Sorry, I assumed it released on everything at the same time. Would have linked it otherwise, but the PC version came out a week ago. Little odd it isn't on PSN, actually...

Next month's theme will be "That takes some time"

Some games are short, some games are long. This time we focus on the long ones.

Any game that take at least 15h to complete (for getting the platinum trophy) counts. For non platinum games 2h is enough.

Examples (according to the guids on this site): Control, The Messenger, The Sinking City

There are games that take even longer? Yes there are!

For the hardcore requirement the game must take at least 30h to complete. Non plat games only need 5h.

Examples: Probably every RPG, God of War, GTA V

Here are the reminder for those without a game for September

@AmarisSkye, @Ampplaca, @Champ147, @CSmit180, @Violino, @WDB_Chaotic

13 minutes ago, SyIaris said:

Sorry, I assumed it released on everything at the same time. Would have linked it otherwise, but the PC version came out a week ago. Little odd it isn't on PSN, actually...

Than I missed that. I'll count it then.

• Like 1

I was able to fit in a 4th game for this event.

Bakugan: Defenders of the Core :platinum:

• Hardcore (4 Bakugan games)
  • Started this month
  • 4th game this month

Goals for this month will be SoulCalibur VI and Lego DC Super-Villains at least.

Stats at the end of September (Month/Year):

Platinum trophies: 198 (+5/+36)

100% completed: 289 (+5/+47)

Completion: 45.06% (+0.25%/+2%)

this month i finished

Zero Time dilemma

- different event

Steins gate 0

-different event

-hardcore(some games are JP only so not sure if this counts. 3 came out in English, 5 total. ill leave this up to you)

Amnesia Collection(not sure if this counts. its a collection of 2 different game so i assume it would)

-different event

On 10/1/2019 at 1:40 PM, MarkusT1992 said:

I can't count What Remains of Edith Finch, Forgotton Anne and Hue because they aren't part of a series but rather single titles.

But I saw you finished Tekken 7 so you can post the challenges that count for that game to still get your 4th game for this month.

Sorry about that. Not sure why I posted the non-themed games as part of the challenges...I think I got on a roll with my other games and just followed the template. Thank you for checking on Tekken 7 and it seems like you got that covered so I won't repost that. I also beat Game of Thrones in September...but that doesn't qualify for anything either.

I'll edit this post when I get home my stats for September. I started LA Noire yesterday which threw off my percentages so need to wait until I get home where my browser is up with the correct info.

12 minutes ago, Briste said:

Sorry about that. Not sure why I posted the non-themed games as part of the challenges...I think I got on a roll with my other games and just followed the template. Thank you for checking on Tekken 7 and it seems like you got that covered so I won't repost that. I also beat Game of Thrones in September...but that doesn't qualify for anything either.

I'll edit this post when I get home my stats for September. I started LA Noire yesterday which threw off my percentages so need to wait until I get home where my browser is up with the correct info.

I haven't added Tekken 7 yet for you. I just saw that you finished it while checking your profile.

I would count Game of Thrones. There is another GoT game which is an RPG as far as I know. So let me know if you want to use it.

6 minutes ago, MarkusT1992 said:

I haven't added Tekken 7 yet for you. I just saw that you finished it while checking your profile.

I would count Game of Thrones. There is another GoT game which is an RPG as far as I know. So let me know if you want to use it.

Good catch! I didn't even bother looking for Game of Thrones...so in that case...

Tekken 7

-Monthly Theme (8 games in series according to the series tab that doesn't work)

-Monthly Hard Core (8 games in series according to the series tab that doesn't work)

-Started this Month

Game of Thrones

-Monthly Theme (2 games in series according to the games search)

-Started this Month

I'll now edit this post tonight with my stats :) 

two more games for me for September

Queen's Quest 2:Stories of Forgotten Past

- Hardcore (5 games in the series on PC)

-Game Started this month

-Another Event (A-Z Platinum Challenge)

Queen's Quest 3: the end if Dawn

- Hardcore

- Game Started This month

- Complete 4 games

On 2.10.2019 at 10:50 AM, Ampplaca said:

this month i finished

Zero Time dilemma

- different event

Steins gate 0

-different event

-hardcore(some games are JP only so not sure if this counts. 3 came out in English, 5 total. ill leave this up to you)

Amnesia Collection(not sure if this counts. its a collection of 2 different game so i assume it would)

-different event

For Steins;Gate: It doesn't matter if a game is localised or not. As long as there are enough games it counts for the hardcore theme.

For Amnesia Collection: There are (at least) two Amnesia game, so it counts for the theme.

On 1.10.2019 at 8:25 PM, Together_Comic said:

I'd like to join starting this month in October please.

Current Platinums: 29

Completed Games: 34

On 4.10.2019 at 1:41 AM, BlackSquirrell1 said:

I'd like to join the event!

Current Plat Count: 16

Current 100%: 26

Current Completion %: 42.79%

On 6.10.2019 at 5:20 PM, Kingpin16444 said:

I would like to join.

current 100%-21

current platinum trophies-21

current completion%-96.02

Welcome aboard to every new participant.

• Like 1

I got an unexpected game done for the month with Space Hulk. I had no idea if/when that last trophy would pop and I was pleasantly surprised over the weekend. I easily spent 130 hours on this game (shouldn't have been that long but I screwed up saving my kills) This game counts towards the Hardcore requirement, another PSN event (Bingo) and a game where I got my first trophy over a year ago.

I'm hoping to finish LA Noire tonight or tomorrow. I think I'm right around 30 hours so far so it'll be close if it's hardcore or not.

Just completed Master of Mordor, Platinum for Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. I'm going to be TRYING To get the DLC completed by the end of the month for some extra side mission points, but for now that's my platinum for the monthly theme! (Guide on the website says 25 hours; out of curiosity if I complete all of the DLC that will make the total over 30 hours, will that then count as HC? Or is the HC requirement only for the base platinum?)

Edited by Ashuri-B