Overkill trophy

Any tips on how to get this? I'm guessing it's not doable in private because me and a friend have done it to over 100 and still not had it pop but doing it legit seems unlikely. Am I just gonna have to hope my units don't get killed AND I get all the boosts i could ever need, while keeping there side low or is there a set up that could help me

Try winning a round (not a match) by 100 or over.

I couldn't get this thing to work either but then I noticed there's an ingame contract called "Overkill" that's for winning a round by 100 or more. I did that and it did the trick.

I don't think that's necessarily the actual requirement for the trophy, as it's more common than that method would suggest, but that's how I got it to pop.

Edited by IDiivil
  • Like 1

It's weird because I was helping someone today in privates matches and he got overkill on the first try. I was even buffing his units. He played 2 units and we boosted both by a lot. I don't remember if he won by more than 100. I think he had around 80-90 while I had 0 or 1.

Edited by Windex-Qc-
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

The Trophy Descriptions in Gwent are terrible and some are wrong. I hate it.

I had more than 50 Points more than my Opponent in one round, but the trophy didn't pop. That means, I have to win the game, and this is impossible at the fair way. Thanks Gwent-Developer.

Edited by Sega-Ryudo

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, X-x-TheMayor-x-X said:

So it sounds like earning this in private matches is possible it's just really inconsistent? Also, for those that have done it in a public match is there a deck that makes this easier? I've been struggling with this trophy.

As far as I know, it can be boosted in private matches, and the trophy will pop if you have more than 50 points than your opponent in the last round.

I got it in a legit way in casual mode in the previous season. The problem is that getting the trophy in a legit way is more dependent on your opponent"s deck and skills than your own deck, and you have like very little to no chance to get it against experienced, seasoned players, as current meta decks are either based on engine boost or heavy removal (there are no competitive decks without Geralt, Scorch or likewise effect cards).

My suggestion would be to try to go for it in casual mode and wait for a newbie player to appear with one of the starter decks. There are plenty decks that capable go above 60+ in the last round (Big Woodlands, Filavandrel's Dwarf, Crach Bear Boost, some variation of these linked below), keep your high value and boost cards for the last round, and hope that your opponent gives you a huge card advantage for the last round.

https://gwentup.com/decks/2369

https://gwentup.com/decks/3998

https://gwentup.com/decks/3782

• Like 2

On 12/15/2018 at 10:08 PM, ShingledClown said:

Any tips on how to get this? I'm guessing it's not doable in private because me and a friend have done it to over 100 and still not had it pop but doing it legit seems unlikely. Am I just gonna have to hope my units don't get killed AND I get all the boosts i could ever need, while keeping there side low or is there a set up that could help me

Pretty sure you have to win by 50+ on the third round if I remember correctly. I did it in private match without issue.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, BilisK123 said:

I just won the third round and the game by 51 points but no trophy...

Are you sure the difference between your point and the opponent’s point was 51? It doesn’t count for the trophy if you have 51 points but your opponent has 31 points... You need to win by a margin of 50 points or more.