[Rumor?] Square-Enix Once Again Teasing Final Fantasy X-3

SelectiveGamer

So I was checking another forum and... saw something interesting. As I'm sure you can tell from the thread title. Just thought I should say that first as I didn't find this myself. It was posted on another forum I go to. But instead of re-posting that I'll post the source they got it from.

https://gamestalk.net/post-114300/

As you can see, it's in Japanese and I can't read Japanese. But I suppose all you really need to see is the very obvious 'X-3'

To be honest... I'm not surprised. The extra audio drama that's in the X/X-2 HD Remaster just SCREAMED X-3

I guess I'd better play the X/X-2 HD Remaster as preparation ASAP. Yet my large gaming backlog... ?

Regardless... begin preparing for it.

Thoughts?

As for me? Well...

?

Edited by SelectiveGamer
  • Like 1

Final Fantasy X is my favourite game of all time, hands down no questions asked. I’ve put countless hours into it and I’m doing so right now since I’ve made this new account. But I can’t say I want a X-3, while I’d love to return to Spira for a new adventure wether it’s a continuation where X-2 left off or a prologue to the original telling the story of Braska, Jecht and Auron. With how horrible XV went with fans and the practices Squire has done recently I don’t think it would the original any justice. I’d love to be proven wrong on this and they blow it out of park and make something amazing, I’m not going to hold my breath on it. 

• Like 1

FFX had the best story in any FF, and even more it told the story perfectly. There was never a need (other than cashing X's success) for an X-2 and there is no need for an X-3.

The only FF in my eyes that should get a (proper) sequel is XII because:

A) We never explored all of Ivalice

B ) Revenant Wings sucked

They could make something involving Rozarria, even Occuria since we defied them

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, KaiserVendrix said:

Final Fantasy X is my favourite game of all time, hands down no questions asked. I’ve put countless hours into it and I’m doing so right now since I’ve made this new account. But I can’t say I want a X-3, while I’d love to return to Spira for a new adventure wether it’s a continuation where X-2 left off or a prologue to the original telling the story of Braska, Jecht and Auron. With how horrible XV went with fans and the practices Squire has done recently I don’t think it would the original any justice. I’d love to be proven wrong on this and they blow it out of park and make something amazing, I’m not going to hold my breath on it. 

Yeah Final Fantasy X was one of the best FF games out there. Last good FF game In my opinion,after XV came out which I thought was good, despite the flaws It had. Sadly we are never gonna see XV at It's maxium potential because of Square Enix and the way they operate.I Don't expect anything good from them after what happened with XV.

10 minutes ago, JaM said:

Shouldn't SE focus instead on FFVII or improve NT or something? I love FF and enjoyed both X and X-2 but I hope they leave it as it is.

They are focusing on FFVII and NT.  SE have already said in interviews that they would like to do FFX-3 but the teams are busy on other projects.  I think this whole rumor came about because some art has been shown of Tidus and Yuna 3 years in the future

0ae49bdc02254c7e9438ae6b52556735.jpg?wid

There was talk about putting the future costumes into NT, either way from the interviews I have seen, nothing has been confirmed for X-3 and the teams are working on other projects.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I liked FFX, but X-2 just felt like a cheesy Charlie's Angels episode. If there's a FFX-3 I hope it's more like X.

Yeah, but can you really do that? I mean, I personally thought FFX-2 was OK, but even if I didn't, it happened. The whole New Yevon thing, and the other guys (whose name escapes) are now part of the Spira canon. It's hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

Maybe they can start FFX-3 with the party from FFX waking up, realizing that the defeat of Yulanesca, Sin, and the fall of Yevon was all a strange, shared dream which was sent to them by the Fayth. 

6 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

Yeah, but can you really do that? I mean, I personally thought FFX-2 was OK, but even if I didn't, it happened. The whole New Yevon thing, and the other guys (whose name escapes) are now part of the Spira canon. It's hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

Maybe they can start FFX-3 with the party from FFX waking up, realizing that the defeat of Yulanesca, Sin, and the fall of Yevon was all a strange, shared dream which was sent to them by the Fayth. 

I'm fine with X-2 being canon, just didn't like how it handled things: story-progression, the million missable events, Yuna's 180 degrees change felt completely unnatural, that god-awful dress sphere system.

2 minutes ago, NekoRave said:

Wasnt FFXIII supposed to be remastered? I heard rumors that's next with FFVII remaster etc.

It was remastered for XboxOne recently, from what I know PlayStation won't be getting it. Which is unfortunate since I would love to have 6 platinum for the series.

FFXIII is the best Final Fantasy in my opinion so luckily I've already got three games in the series, FFX is okay but nothing special. You definitely have to play it during the time to enjoy it to it's fullest, I mean FFVII is the worst but nostalgia is a big thing when it comes to anything.

If they do make X-3 I would love to have it based about Yuna's dad and his journey, I always wanted to see Ject attack the Shoopuf. xD If they just carried on with the story it would be boring if they make FFX:Will canon, Yuna and Tidus got a divorce and so they only thing they would have is Auron's daughter and her summoner.

1 hour ago, NekoRave said:

Aww man no way, thats so dumb. Any source where only xbox will have it? I'd rather a FFXIII remaster than FFXVI

what a bummer

Edit: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/77190716?page=2

Oof.....

So yeah it was just a backward compatible game ported to xbone not a real remaster from SE.

Maybe one day hahaha, after they do 1/2/3/4/5/6/8 

It's not a true remaster, but damn if it doesn't look good on the X1X. I've been playing through it recently and while it does show its age, it looks nothing like a 360 game.

I think the story of the game is over, but SE can do magic by making a third game in which a happy ending of yuna with tidus. but I think they should launch the FF7 remake first because fans have not had news for a long time
not to mention FF8 that next year will make 20 years and would be great to play it again on ps4 with trophies as it does with FF7 and 9

7 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

I'm fine with X-2 being canon, just didn't like how it handled things: story-progression, the million missable events, Yuna's 180 degrees change felt completely unnatural, that god-awful dress sphere system.

Whoa...I will not have people bash the Dress Sphere system. It is the closest we have ever gotten to bringing back the FFV or Tactics job class system 

• Like 2

Final Fantasy X is one of the best FF game in the series in my opinion. It was my first ever game on the original PS2. The story, characters, music and the beautiful graphics drew me in as the journey went on. I played the sequel a little right after and found it to be quite good though never imagined it needed a sequel. After the quite recent release of the FFX and FFX-2 HD remaster up until now, FFX has become a series of itself. The timeline of the story I think goes like:

1. Final Fantasy X - The first game that started the journey

2. FFX Eternal Calm - A short movie that comes with the release of the HD remaster focus on one of the main protagonists and it leads to FFX-2 

3. Mobius FF FFX collaboration  - From the developers they say this is canon to the overall story. It details what happened after FFX of the main protagonist. I still haven't played this yet and hope they might release it on console someday. 

4. Final Fantasy X-2 - The sequel 

5. Final Fantasy X-2 The Last Mission - Takes place after FFX-2. It was originally release in Japan and now included in the remastered version.

After this, they included the controversial literature sequel that takes place after FFX-2 in the good ending of the game. It ends just before the perfect ending in FFX-2. Then the audio drama takes place that was included in the HD remaster of the game.

If they do decide to go for a sequel I think they can add more story to the previous pilgrimage that happened 10 years ago before FFX. That can be a way to expand the FFX world and parts can be connected to FFX-3. In the end, I'm still not too sure whether they should continue the story as it ended in a satisfying way in my opinion. Maybe with this the story will end as "every story must have an ending."   

Edited by fantrig99

Wow.

What's with the hate?

I, for one, pretty much loved ALL of the Final Fantasy games I've played. Including 13, 13-2, 13-3, 15 and X-2

FFXV was pretty much Game of the Year (for me anyway) when I played it last year. Nothing came close to it in terms of how AMAZING it was.

I really don't see the point on bashing on something if you hate it so much. It make much more sense, to me anyway, to just ignore it and play something else that you actually like. If you hate on something so much, why bash it and ruin everything for those that actually like it?

Well whatever. If I'm the ONLY ONE to get Final Fantasy X-3 so be it.

I'LL ENJOY IT ALL BY MYSELF.

?