Borderlands 2 VR looks good but no running

ayax2

Bought my VR especially for this game and B2VR looks amazing. Better than I thought it would. My only gripes with the game itself are small ones, no running it seems. Though it is a bit rough with the motion sickness.

Does anyone else miss the running?

I don't like the new sniper rifle aiming. No where near as good as the Scope screen on the normal version. I think that would have worked well on VR.

I turned off the stupid teleport in favor of jumping, much more useful I think.

As for the motion sickness problems ,if anyone else has this trouble I set the tunnel vision to max and it helps a lot. It don't stop the problem but it is a help.

Also setting the turning movement from step to gradual movement helped a little too.

My problems are more with the VR equipment. After so much R&D I'm a bit shocked. Awful picture quality ( Borderlands isn't too bad but Resident Evil 7 is very bad). Nasty camera bracket (are better ones available?) .

The motion sickness for me is made a lot worse by having a rubber mask inside the headset, it stinks. I guess it's ok if you like the smell of rubber, I don't and that smell makes me want to puke. Foam would have been so much better.

Maybe Sony should have added an official PSVR plastic bucket to the starter pack ?

Edited by ayax2

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 2:36 AM, dimonemt said:

Played for an hour and twenty minutes today and i feel much better than before. Motion sickness is still there, but nowhere near as bad.

I just started this myself and so far it acually isnt too bad. I had some pretty bad motion sickness when playing robinson the journey but just seemed milder with this. I do miss the running and turning around is slow also. But the vr play is amazing. Btw i had a fan on while playing....so that might help with the motion sickness and make sure u eat something before u play.  Its gonna be fun but slow. It does seem like we dont die as easy as in the reg game though

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2018 at 8:58 AM, EpicNogg4 said:

100% agree, the motion sickness is strong with this one. Have only played the intro so far but felt it pretty bad. Hoping it subsides the more I play. Have played a fair few VR games now and have only ever felt motion sickness with this and RE7. 

I didn't try Borderlands 2 VR, but I can confirm that RE7 gave me motion sickness. And add to the list Robinson The Journey too. Out of the VR games I have, only these two made me take off my headset.

EDIT: Didn't had any issues with The Inpatient.

Edited by FaLLeN_717
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

I feel bad for the folks that get motion sickness during VR. I'm lucky enough to not experience it very often, only during prolonged climbing for some reason (see Climbey, To the Top, etc).

BL2VR is the first 'full length' AAA VR title I've sat down to enjoy. I tried FO4VR which came free with my HTC Vive, but it's terrible due to horrendous picture quality (blurry). I just played 4 consecutive hours of BL2VR without even realizing it, then decided I should proooobably take a break haha. I love it! I'm using the Move controllers too, and the driving takes a bit of getting used to. I have the 'comfort' settings all set to medium.

Oddly enough, I found BL2 itself mediocre, even back at launch. It's by far my least favorite entry in the series, but for some reason I'm just having a total blast with it in VR and cannot recommend it highly enough.

• 2 months later...

I seem to be one of the lucky ones that's immune to motion sickness in VR but this game and only this one does give me serious eye fatigue after an hour or so. I really do not like this version of the game and I love BL2 (1,500+ hours on PS3/PS4). It's much buggier and crashes for me more often. I just finished playing it for an hour and in that hour I experienced a broken quest, a game crash, and my character started controlling backwards. I can't fathom why there aren't sprint and crouch buttons either. I'm so close to the platinum but I'm so disgusted with the bugs and eye fatigue I'm thinking of giving up.

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm sorry to those that experience motion sickness and obviously it sucks ass. I've never experienced motion sickness in VR. Hell, I've purposely went out of my way to TRY and get it (jumping off huge mountains in Skyrim VR, watching VR roller coaster videos on YouTube, etc.) just to see if it's possible but nope, nothing. Ha, watch me get it the second I boot Borderlands up (when I finally buy it, that is)!

Edited by MrTacoNinja