ayax2

Borderlands 2 VR looks good but no running

6 posts in this topic

Bought my VR especially for this game and B2VR looks amazing. Better than I thought it would. My only gripes with the game itself are small ones, no running it seems. Though it is a bit rough with the motion sickness.

Does anyone else miss the running?

I don't like the new sniper rifle aiming. No where near as good as the Scope screen on the normal version. I think that would have worked well on VR.

I turned off the stupid teleport in favor of jumping, much more useful I think.

As for the motion sickness problems ,if anyone else has this trouble I set the tunnel vision to max and it helps a lot. It don't stop the problem but it is a help.

Also setting the turning movement from step to gradual movement helped a little too.

My problems are more with the VR equipment. After so much R&D I'm a bit shocked. Awful picture quality ( Borderlands isn't too bad but Resident Evil 7 is very bad). Nasty camera bracket (are better ones available?) .

The motion sickness for me is made a lot worse by having a rubber mask inside the headset, it stinks. I guess it's ok if you like the smell of rubber, I don't and that smell makes me want to puke. Foam would have been so much better.

Maybe Sony should have added an official PSVR plastic bucket to the starter pack 😝

Edited by ayax2

100% agree, the motion sickness is strong with this one. Have only played the intro so far but felt it pretty bad. Hoping it subsides the more I play. Have played a fair few VR games now and have only ever felt motion sickness with this and RE7. 

Played for an hour and twenty minutes today and i feel much better than before. Motion sickness is still there, but nowhere near as bad.

On Sunday, December 16, 2018 at 2:36 AM, dimonemt said:

Played for an hour and twenty minutes today and i feel much better than before. Motion sickness is still there, but nowhere near as bad.

I just started this myself and so far it acually isnt too bad. I had some pretty bad motion sickness when playing robinson the journey but just seemed milder with this. I do miss the running and turning around is slow also. But the vr play is amazing. Btw i had a fan on while playing....so that might help with the motion sickness and make sure u eat something before u play.  Its gonna be fun but slow. It does seem like we dont die as easy as in the reg game though

On 12/16/2018 at 6:58 AM, EpicNogg4 said:

100% agree, the motion sickness is strong with this one. Have only played the intro so far but felt it pretty bad. Hoping it subsides the more I play. Have played a fair few VR games now and have only ever felt motion sickness with this and RE7. 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:36 AM, dimonemt said:

On 12/23/2018 at 11:06 AM, XxraymanjrxX said:

I just started this myself and so far it acually isnt too bad. I had some pretty bad motion sickness when playing robinson the journey but just seemed milder with this. I do miss the running and turning around is slow also. But the vr play is amazing. Btw i had a fan on while playing....so that might help with the motion sickness and make sure u eat something before u play.  Its gonna be fun but slow. It does seem like we dont die as easy as in the reg game though

In a way I'm glad it's not only me that's having trouble with the VR motion sickness but I feel sad for Sony PSN because I'm glad they tried this. It was a brave move by Sony and there is a lot right with VR too, Borderlands 2 VR looks amazing!

After a month or so the smell of the rubber eye curtain is still an issue for me. I hate the smell of rubber and it's there every time. In fact the smell now sets me off a bit when I pick up the headset. I really do wish Sony had used foam. Maybe they could supply a foam eye cover as a replacement add on? 

I do agree with EpicNogg4 on RE7. I played someone else's for the first chapter and Wow!  I felt really bad, even though I was moving slowly.

Toward the end of the first chapter I just wanted it to end. I was really sick and had a huge headache. When I start RE7 proper I'll do it on 2D, I want to enjoy it.

Still feeling rough playing Borderlands 2 VR but driving the Runner and Technical in VR is amazing, worth the sickness,lol  :D 

As I said I don't want to rip on Sony for attempting this with VR. I just wish they'd developed it a bit more. Maybe motion sickness is the reality with VR?  Is it the human body that's at fault?  (Oh that got a bit deep) Bucket on standby :P 

PSVR-Bucket.jpg

Edited by ayax2

On 12/16/2018 at 8:58 AM, EpicNogg4 said:

I didn't try Borderlands 2 VR, but I can confirm that RE7 gave me motion sickness. And add to the list Robinson The Journey too. Out of the VR games I have, only these two made me take off my headset.

EDIT: Didn't had any issues with The Inpatient.

Edited by FaLLeN_717