Cannot do "Iron ROM" trophy

JzeeBee

I ran into this same problem twice. Pretty much do not speed up the text by pressing or holding the triangle button. Let the text scroll all the way and then hit X or whatever button to move to the next text screen. I think once you're out of the bar you're clear but don't quote me on that.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had similar problems, always comes from skipping the text in some way (I'm a fairly fast reader so I like having all the text on screen). I found that tapping the touchbar to skip forward doesn't bug it out. For me I had it happen a lot on the final stretch (where you're opening/closing doors) and after the last dialogue line happens it wouldn't let me open or close anything at all, I had to close application and restart.

On 21/12/2018 at 3:28 AM, Jason-d-b said:

I ran into this same problem twice. Pretty much do not speed up the text by pressing or holding the triangle button. Let the text scroll all the way and then hit X or whatever button to move to the next text screen. I think once you're out of the bar you're clear but don't quote me on that.

Yeah, this worked. Although I somehow managed to not get into the bar as stated below

20 hours ago, Lojtana said:

I know it's not a real solution, but you don't need to go to the Hassy Bar during the Media Arc at all. If this is the only place where your game freezes, you can just avoid it during your Iron ROM playthrough.

Thanks a lot, everybody. I've finally gotten the trophy.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just did this last night on PS4, and wanted to post this to help others avoid the panic I had:

If you're text skipping through the game, when you get to the symbol matching puzzle on the computer in Chapter 5, you'll likely find that you won't be able to input the (randomized) password to start that puzzle.  Just keep hammering at the X button and EVENTUALLY the letter will register on screen.  Took me several minutes to input the password.

And I've seen it elsewhere but it bears repeating: for the boss fight with all the doors, you need to box yourself in and give the boss a wide berth to move around; he's less likely to get to you that way.

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 11/02/2019 at 8:04 AM, themindisacity said:

I just did this last night on PS4, and wanted to post this to help others avoid the panic I had:

If you're text skipping through the game, when you get to the symbol matching puzzle on the computer in Chapter 5, you'll likely find that you won't be able to input the (randomized) password to start that puzzle.  Just keep hammering at the X button and EVENTUALLY the letter will register on screen.  Took me several minutes to input the password.

Thanks. This might come in handy. Seems the game is much more glitched than most people claim it is. Sometimes you can still choose the NPC, even after they've left the screen - I had such situation with Sky. After I got his umbrella I could still choose him after he was gone and could talk to him. In Stardust club I could choose to talk with NPC's standing in the VIP area while I was two screens to the left, next to bartender =)

Similarly, there's a glitch with the cat you have to pet. When you still have the snow on Market Street, the cat will just disappear, making it impossible to get the trophy. You have to get into the Hassy bar, talk to Ramona and leave so that the weather ROM will change setting from snow to rain.

Probably a well-known solution but thought it might help someone.

Edited by The-Smiths-85

• 2 months later...

I did the following:

- Speak to Ramona behind the desk and skip through the whole conversation;
- Speak to Keith (the guy standing to the right) and skip through the whole conversation;
- Speak to the guy sitting at the table and skip the first part. After asking "Whats is your issue with him?" DON'T SKIP ANYMORE and let the text roll out. It's just a couple of lines and after you're done talking with him you'll be able to progress. After that you can skippityskip for the rest of the game again.

This was on PS4 btw, because after being bugged out of EC on my first playthrough on Vita I was done with that version...

Edited by Baron_Bonk
  • Like 1