If Trophies had been around back then....... My first plat would have been....

Big_Daddy_Lee_68

For SNES (first console) most likely Super Mario Bros, I put so many hours into that game to beat it multiple times.

For Gameboy Advance (first handheld), probably Pokemon Sapphire or FireRed, I easily put 500 hours into each game.

For PS2, probably Jak 1 or 2, I played those games over and over :awesome:

• 9 years later...

I’m curious how Game Genie/Action Replay/GameShark could’ve impacted them. Interesting thought exercise, I wasn’t really bothered to 100% or NG+ many games back then especially with little help outside of strategy guides and Nintendo Power

As a kid, I didn't really beat many games. If trophies were introduced in early consoles, my first plat on each system would probably be:

2600 - Galaga

NES - Abadox

SNES - Mortal Kombat II

Genesis - Contra Hard Corps

PC - Doom

The first games I recall constantly playing and beating were:

Castle Wolfenstein on "an ancient 'PC'"

Super Mario Bros. on NES

Super Mario World on SNES

LoZ : Ocarina of Time on N64

WipEout on PS1

Tekken Tag Tournament on PS2.

These would probably be first platinums on those systems. 

Hard to say, back in the early days there was a lot of playing and re-playing games from the beginning and never really seeing the end of them. I can't even remotely remember the first game I ever finished. 

I do remember me and my friend had a sleep over at my house, and we stayed up all night to beat the first Sonic on Genesis. There was a lot of dying and continues used and passing the controller back and forth and we beat it by the time the sun started coming up. I doubt that was the first game I ever finished, but it's one of the earliest I can remember. Proud moment at the time too. 

Edited by Viper
  • Like 1

Waay back in the days of the Commodore 64, I remember playing the heck out of Commando.  I think I spent some weeks on it and eventually I managed to beat every level.  I think there were a hundred levels or so.  It was a bit of an anticlimactic experience for me as I expected something like a big story finish or something - anything - after completing every level.  Nope.  Just right back to level one.  Anyways, I suppose that would have been the first game I would have platinumed if there were trophies around way back then. 

Ok so the logic here is old games that we played the dog piss out of and seemingly saw everything there is to see. And hypothetically would have gotten a platinum. I like it!

Gameboy:

Pokemon Blue

Super Mario Six Golden Coins

Game and Watch Gallery

NES:

Super Mario Bros 3

MegaMan IV

MegaMan VI

N64:

Goldeneye

Shadows of the Empire

Rogue Squadron

Super Mario 64

Smash Bros

PS1:

Driver

Driver 2

Legend of Dragoon

Red Alert

Tekken 3

Medal of Honor

Medal of Honor Underground

Intelligence Qube

Syphon Filter

Final Fantasy 9

Spyro The Dragon 1/2/3

PC:

Star Wars Episode One The Phantom Menace

Civilization 2

Anachronox

Earth Siege 2

Far Cry

Journeyman Project 3

Soldier of Fortune

No One Lives Forever 1/2

Quake 3 Arena

Medal of Honor Allied Assault/Spearhead/Breakthrough

Jedi Knight Outcast

Jedi Academy

Duke Nukem 1/2 (sidescrollers)

Cosmic Adventure

UT2004

Grand Theft Auto Vice City

Thats all I can think of for now haha.

Edited by Super_Mep
Forgot gameboy

I'm not sure if I would've cared about trophies back then, but Dungeon Keeper and the Deeper Dungeons expansion. If they'd incorporate the fan made levels into the plat, I'd be extatic ? 

And Transport Tycoon Deluxe, again - especially with fan made content. 

I'd also say Parasite Eve and Suikoden 1 and 2, but I won't. Trying not to jinx it, with premium classics and all. The trophy lists for those games could be so good...

If trophies were for all consoles, and considering you need to complete the game 100%, I think Donkey Kong Country 3, Disney's Magical Quest 3 starring Mickey and Donald or Goof Trop, all SNES games.

If you only count Sony consoles, I think Metal Gear Solid or Ace Combat 3.

I'm not sure that I would have been going after trophies pre-PS3, but, assuming that I did....

On PS1, I reckon that I'd have platted Tenchu 1 and 2, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and Metal Gear Solid.

On PS2, probably Conflict: Desert Storm II, Twisted Metal Black, MGS3, Tomb Raider Anniversary, and Onimusha 1-3.  I invested so many hours into all of those games that there can't be very much that I didn't do in them.

Can't remember what the first Pokemon game was that I completed the Pokedex for - believe it was either Silver or Crystal. So my first plat would probably have been one of those.

After that, probably Pikmin 2. I remember completing that game in its entirety, completing all the enclyopedias, collecting all the objects, and getting pink flowers on all the levels in challenge mode. Think it was the first time other than Pokemon where I seriously wanted to do absolutely everything possible in a game. I remember the reward for getting all pink flowers in the challenge mode was kinda lame, but I still thoroughly enjoyed my time nonetheless. I've played the game several times since, including a speedrun (something I very rarely do in games). It remains one of my favourite games of all time, pity the series is basically dead now.

I did also 100% Pikmin 1, but I think I went back to it for that after the 2nd game, since I always found the 1st game to be harder (especially as a kid).

I don't remember 100%ing tons of games in early childhood, don't think I ever 100%ed stuff like Mario 64 or Sunshine for example, but I'm likely forgetting a handful that I did (I think I may have 100%ed the Sonic Adventure games, but I don't really remember)

Although I've been gaming since the Sega Master System, I seriously doubt I would've been skilled enough to platinum anything at the time. I didn't truly come into my own as a player until the PS1/N64 days, so my hypothetical first platinums would've likely been Final Fantasy VII, Resident Evil, and Super Mario 64. Those are the first games I can recall finishing thoroughly, without assistance from my older brother.